PDA

View Full Version : Ward & Harrison make ESPN Any Era Team

BlitzburghRockCity
01-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Both make the list and 8 and 10 respectively.

ESPN.com and ESPN The Magazine sought a list of the 20 current players who 20 Hall of Famers (and one Hall of Fame writer) believe could play in any era of the NFL. Or to put a finer point on it -- when Mike Ditka looks at today's players, whom does he want lining up next to him or across from him? Which players today are tough enough (and good enough) to play with those players who are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7450469/nfl-era-hall-fame-panel

This is another one of those excuses to make an all time team type of list. From reading on the web and following twitter it's been drawing quite a lot of criticism.

SteelCityVoice
01-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Ironic that Harrison is on the list when he's targeted by the commisioner during this "Flag football era."

jpele
01-27-2012, 12:35 AM
Ironic that Harrison is on the list when he's targeted by the commisioner during this "Flag football era."

Not really, they're picking today's players who could play in any era.

SteelCityVoice
01-27-2012, 01:11 AM
Not really, they're picking today's players who could play in any era.

I get that. I'm pointing out that Goodell doesn't seem to want Harrison to play in this current era.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2012, 01:35 PM
if Goodell had any say in this "all time team" I'm sure Harrison would have never made it..LOL

JShare86
01-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Troy named no 2 and Ben no 3. I think the whole world knew who would be number one when this list came out (ray ray) but wasn't there a time when African Americans couldn't play? So technically all these players couldn't have played in any era.

SnakeEyes43
01-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Troy was on there too, at number two I believe. Ben was third as well if I'm remembering correctly. Ward was like eighth and Harrison was tenth. Personally I think Troy and Harrison should switch spots.

I've been keeping track of this all week, entertaining read at least. And I love the pictures with the old school and new school photoshop.

Mean Linebacker
01-28-2012, 11:01 AM
I agree with Ward getting on the team, he's got that old school attitude about him that would fit in a 60s or 70s type of era especially.

jnes1216
01-29-2012, 03:12 AM
No mention of "the Bus"?? If anyone besides Ward, I would have thought Jerome.

86WARD
01-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Yeah...no bus is a little surprising.

jpele
01-29-2012, 10:44 AM
No mention of "the Bus"?? If anyone besides Ward, I would have thought Jerome.

That's because the Bus is no longer playing. The list is for current players.

Ray Lewis got the #1 spot because he has more helmet to helmet hits without a flag than anyone in the league and of course we can't forget his 50 pile on tackles a game.