PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark added to pro bowl

jpele
01-25-2012, 03:11 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers Steelers Safety Ryan Clark has been added to the AFC Pro Bowl roster. This will be his first Pro Bowl appearance.
.www.steelers.clubs.nfl.com

steelersbabex25
01-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Much deserved. One of the only players in the Pro Bowl that I actually think got in because of their play this season.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah I agree, he earned it this year and it's nice to see him get the invite. Personally I think he played better consistently than Ed Reed who just got in on his reputation yet again.

K Train
01-25-2012, 05:31 PM
no way....just exhibit 10000000000 that the probowl is a joke. cortez allen already planted the seed of taking his job

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2012, 07:17 PM
The Pro Bowl is a joke, I totally agree. A major popularity contest to say the least.

Reed finished the year with 52 Tackles, 1 Sack, 3 INT's, 1 FF. 2 of those INT's came in week one against us.
Clark finished with 100 Tackles, 1 Sack, 1 INT.

He had nearly twice the amount of tackles that Reed did.

cmerrifield
01-26-2012, 05:35 AM
He had nearly twice the amount of tackles that Reed did.

That's because people are afraid to throw Ed Reed's direction, nobody is afraid of throwing towards Ryan Clark and because our run defense is not as stout as years past. I am not sure its a good thing for the safety to have that many tackles.

I would love to see Allen take his place this year, but that probably means our 4 CB's would be Gay, Taylor, Brown and Lewis which would not be too bad.

UKSTEELER
01-26-2012, 08:17 AM
I Remember him for one play this season, the one where he was hopelessly out of position on the game winner for Baltimore!!

I must admit his tackling has improved, probably due to him tackling better because of the rule changes?

He's had a good season by his standards, but where are the turnovers?

He's just average IMHO. And of course he's one of Dicks beloved boys so, I'm afraid he's gonna be back there for a while yet!

cmerrifield
01-26-2012, 09:36 AM
LeBeau took him out for Allen in a few games in obvious passing situations. I think LeBeau is more objective than we think.

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

K Train
01-26-2012, 09:38 AM
he was very average...i guarantee i could find 5 AFC safeties id rather have over him

LatrobePA
01-26-2012, 10:08 AM
What's happening is all the REAL good players are pulling out and allowing our OK players a spot at the Joke Bowl!