PDA

View Full Version : Goodell's contract extended to 2019

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Something every member of the Steeler Nation I'm sure is thrilled to hear *insert sarcasm* as needed.

The NFL clubs (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826501f0/article/nfl-clubs-extend-commissioner-goodells-contract-to-2019) have agreed to a new contract with Roger Goodell that extends his term as commissioner through the 2018 season, the NFL confirmed Wednesday.
The announcement was made by Atlanta Falcons (http://www.nfl.com/teams/atlantafalcons/profile?team=ATL) Owner and Chairman Arthur M. Blank, who serves as chairman of the NFL Compensation Committee.
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/../blog/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gifNFL clubs unanimously approved a resolution at a December 14 league meeting in Dallas that said, "The commissioner has performed his duties in an exemplary fashion since his election in 2006 and the membership has determined that the interests of the NFL would be best served by a continuation of the commissioner's employment beyond the terms of his current employment contract." The resolution authorized the Compensation Committee to complete negotiations on a new contract, the third of Goodell's tenure as commissioner. His original five-year contract was extended in 2009. The new contract continues until March 31, 2019.
Other members of the Compensation Committee are Tom Benson (New Orleans), Pat Bowlen (Denver), Robert Kraft (New England), Jerry Richardson (Carolina) and Stephen Ross (Miami).

"I speak on behalf of 32 NFL club owners in saying we are fortunate to have Roger Goodell as our commissioner," Blank said. "Since becoming commissioner in 2006, the NFL -- already the leader in professional sports -- has gotten even stronger. As evidenced by this contract extension, we have great confidence in Roger's vision and leadership of the NFL. Our clubs, players and fans could not ask for a better CEO."

Rest of the article (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826501f0/article/nfl-clubs-extend-commissioner-goodells-contract-to-2019)

Real Deal Steel
01-25-2012, 01:47 PM
To hell with Goodall. The way he's targeted us because we play real football is a joke. May a thousand fleas infest his armpits hairs and bite him in a rapid and continous motion!

Callax
01-25-2012, 01:53 PM
The ONLY worse news to HEAR IS IF OBAMA (OBONEJOB) GETS A 2ND TERM

Ibleedblk&gld
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO

LatrobePA
01-25-2012, 02:09 PM
7 more years of POWDER PUFF football! FU RG!

Raleigh Steel
01-25-2012, 02:09 PM
arians gone? awesome!!!!

goodell resigned til 2019? F*CK!

i guess the past 2 weeks are a wash!

K Train
01-25-2012, 02:35 PM
hes been great to the owners, no surprise here.

with polian influence ousted, things may be looking up under goodell actually so this isnt bad. a new comission wouldnt have made any difference imo

coldrolled
01-25-2012, 03:17 PM
To hell with Goodall. The way he's targeted us because we play real football is a joke. May a thousand fleas infest his armpits hairs and bite him in a rapid and continous motion!

Record TV ratings for games time in and time out.. He wont be going anywhere until the fans start complaining and stop watching the NFL.... Until then... the game will morph to what the majority of generic fans like. unfortunatly that is not good.

High scoring games is the trend...

--- Added 1/25/2012 at 01:17 PM ---

Thats why the afcn is not a hot topic in the nfl.com news media.

tat2
01-25-2012, 03:34 PM
damn, i was hoping for some good news today

Real Deal Steel
01-25-2012, 03:49 PM
I would prefer for Goodall take a nice long vacation trip to the Burmuda Triangle. Nuff said.

SteelDad
01-25-2012, 04:15 PM
I feel as though I've been kicked in the balls.

steelersbabex25
01-25-2012, 04:33 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO

Stole my response.

Ibleedblk&gld
01-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Stole my response.

sorry :greengrin:

HUNT4SEVEN
01-25-2012, 06:08 PM
:bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfi nger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger:: bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfin ger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::b igfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfing er::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger:

This ia all i have to say FU^K U Goodell.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-25-2012, 06:19 PM
:bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfi nger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger:: bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfin ger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::b igfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfing er::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger:

This ia all i have to say FU^K U Goodell.

you left out this: :bigfinger:

cuatro_tres43
01-25-2012, 06:24 PM
:imho:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv_YQCP1COg

:cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::c ursin::cursin::cursin::cursin:

Diehardsteel
01-25-2012, 06:30 PM
The ONLY worse news to HEAR IS IF OBAMA (OBONEJOB) GETS A 2ND TERM

You're crazy man! Still, it is pretty bad news.

TampaSteelGirl
01-26-2012, 06:52 AM
Well it looks like Harrison may need to retire....he sure as hell isnt' going to be allowed to play football!!! I also heard alot of his new rules are off the charts ridiculous!

James will end up with a 1 yr ban...if this is the case. Dispise Goodell!

Nolrog
01-26-2012, 07:17 AM
And the cleansing of football will continue. Coming next year, you can't even rush the QB. And receivers, 2 hand touch.

OldSchool58
01-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Welcome to the new NFL. Starting next season all teams will be 7 on 7 only with no rushing the quarterback. Also, an additional rule change: Refs' will here by be issued with tazers so that in the even that any player displays an "agressive" willingness to come into any contact what so ever with any other player he will then be put down. Said player will then be fined a gazillion dollars and banned from the league for life. Further tazing will also be emposed on any player who does not bow down at the alter of Goodell.

K Train
01-26-2012, 10:39 AM
lot of dramatic posts in this thread lol

Black&Gold Munch
01-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Can't say I'm thrilled about the dictator continuing his reign over the NFL. He has done some good things but personally the whole expanding the league overseas just burns me up. Tickets are expensive enough as it is and you only get so many chances to see the Steelers each year. Taking games away is just a bad idea.