PDA

View Full Version : Kugler has no interest in being the Steelers Offensive Coordinator

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Steelers Offensive Line Coach has no interest in becoming the next Offensive Coordinator according to an interview he did on 93.7 The FAN this morning.

There was some speculation that Kugler might be in line for the vacancy left by the now departed Bruce Arians.

Kugler has been with the Steelers for 2 years now, after coming over from Buffalo. He's had many a challenge in his career with the team so far. Trying to deal with the multiple injuries each season as well as bring a long young stars like 2nd year Center Maurkice Pouncey and rookie Marcus Gilbert, both out of Florida. Kugs, as the local media refers to him as, does an admirable job keeping the guys prepared and ready to step in at a moments notice, many times out of their natural position.

We've been reporting that the odds on favorite for this job is current QB Coach Randy Fichtner, who hasn't commented to date on his interest in the job. It's widely speculated that it's just a matter of time before the team announces that he is the man selected for the job.

K Train
01-25-2012, 10:15 AM
im just happy that even though ficther is the favorite, looking back wiz and grimm were hands down favorites over tomlin and rivera so basically this means nothing to me

Goodfrom55
01-25-2012, 10:23 AM
nothing happens until it happens.

I figure a decision will be made in the next week or so tops.

"Kugs" has done a good job with the line, considering all the shuffling and injuries he has had to deal with - especially this year.

coldrolled
01-25-2012, 10:58 AM
im just happy that even though ficther is the favorite, looking back wiz and grimm were hands down favorites over tomlin and rivera so basically this means nothing to me

same :imho:

Zachintosh66
01-25-2012, 12:29 PM
we keep dragging our feet were gonna have no choice but to promote RF by default bc everyone else worth a damn will be gone...

Real Deal Steel
01-25-2012, 12:49 PM
nothing happens until it happens.

I figure a decision will be made in the next week or so tops.

"Kugs" has done a good job with the line, considering all the shuffling and injuries he has had to deal with - especially this year.

Ditto. Again, I think with our offensive talent, we should have our choice of any OC out there.

jpele
01-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Not sure how anyone can knock Fichtner, it's his first stint as an NFL OC. All these guy's the board is hoping for were first timers at one point and just because a Todd Haley had success with one team doesn't mean he would have success here.

K Train
01-25-2012, 01:41 PM
success being an offensive coordinator actually does usually lead to success as being an offensive coordinator...even if they arent the best head coaches in between

coldrolled
01-25-2012, 02:11 PM
success being an offensive coordinator actually does usually lead to success as being an offensive coordinator...even if they arent the best head coaches in between

example mcdaniels.. i dont think belicheat is stupid... mcdaniels is back...

jpele
01-25-2012, 02:17 PM

Well Fichtner was a very good OC at Memphis.

SuperSteelers
01-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Kug needs to let go. He has done a horrible job.

jnes1216
01-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Kug needs to let go. He has done a horrible job.

I disagree. I think he's done a pretty good job with getting everyone able to play damn near everywhere since the injuries are so frequent. those are out of his control. Pouncey and Gilbert last year starting as rookies and playing well.