PDA

View Full Version : Arians Speaks; No Surprises Here...

SteelDad
01-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Something not quite right with the way this was handled. Why not just say "we aren't re-newing his contract?"

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_778095.html

Stone
01-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Gives me a second of pause in my feelings toward Arians.......tick........tick.......I'm over it......**** HIM!

Keep in mind this is the same dip **** who announced his own firing a couple years ago.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2012, 10:54 AM
This one kind of gives me the creeps... (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_778095.html#ixzz1kOKwMdGj)

"He's not happy, but that's part of the business," Arians said. "He is happy for me. He lives around the corner and we'll still see each other a lot. The phone is always there when he needs me."

Roethlisberger and Arians live near one another in Georgia, and Roethlisberger actually went to bat for Arians two years ago when his job was in jeopardy again.

Gives the sense that Ben is going to call him every time something happens, "see I knew this wouldn't have happened if you were still here Bruce"

LatrobePA
01-24-2012, 11:03 AM
FU BA! Tomlin allowed these two to get too close shame on him!

Stone
01-24-2012, 11:05 AM
This one kind of gives me the creeps... (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_778095.html#ixzz1kOKwMdGj)

Gives the sense that Ben is going to call him every time something happens, "see I knew this wouldn't have happened if you were still here Bruce"

Or...............

Hey Bruce it's Ben..............we're 16-0 but they won't let me run around like you used to. They make me follow this game plan where we mix up the runs and passes and despite the fact that we are 16-0, the best offense in the league, and I have the highest QB rating in the NFL, I miss the good old days...........how is the insurance business going for you?

SteelDad
01-24-2012, 11:05 AM

Ben needs to get over this ****. Its a business and our particular business is scoring TDs not kicking field goals. Give someone a shot Ben. You just might like him.

Number99
01-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Boo hoo Arians. Did that door hit your arse hard on the way out.

chisteeler
01-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Well this is the best test of Ben's career to see how he acts as a leader of this team. He can wine like a little bitch or step up to the plate and welcome in the new OC and lead this team to a great year.

You're call Ben...

TampaSteelGirl
01-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Whatever....Arizona is calling....gotta go!

Real Deal Steel
01-24-2012, 11:58 AM
The hell with Arians. He cut his own throat with his unimaginative play calling in the red zone.

Miller should have been a feature in the red zone but Arians never could get him consistantly involved. Yet you see the Patriots, Saints, Packers and a ton of other teams come up with ways to get their TE's involved. Arians wasn't even bright enough to go look at the above mentioned teams to SEE how they got their TE's involved.

F*uck Arians and train he rode into town on too. Let the door knob hit him where the good Lord split him!

coldrolled
01-24-2012, 12:02 PM
They better get someone at OC that is going to control ben.

New outside blood will be needed at OC it looks like.

Stone
01-24-2012, 12:05 PM
When you make definitive, all encompassing, statements such as "there will never be a fullback in my offense" you are letting the world know you have a closed mind.

My biggest concern is that he wasn't fired the next day. It's not that a "fullback" is a prerequisite but coaching in the NFL is all about being able to adapt.....his statement clearly indicates that he was not!

steelspikes
01-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Arians' "firing" best Steeler news in a long time. Feeling very vindicated after penning articles demonstrating BA's incompetence, and after advising SA readers not to panic. After hearing Tomlin's end-of-season press comments, was not hard to predict that change was in the offing. Cudos to Steeler FO for finally seeing the light.

Re Ben calling Arians, thankfully NFL rules prohibit phone calls from the sidelines. Teammates will need to keep Ben away from cell phones during halftime.

Real Deal Steel
01-24-2012, 12:27 PM
When you make definitive, all encompassing, statements such as "there will never be a fullback in my offense" you are letting the world know you have a closed mind.

My biggest concern is that he wasn't fired the next day. It's not that a "fullback" is a prerequisite but coaching in the NFL is all about being able to adapt.....his statement clearly indicates that he was not!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

JoeSteelerFan
01-24-2012, 01:11 PM

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee324/roban365/random/Motivators/halolz-dot-com-minecraft-creeper-flowers-motivational.jpg

:eek1:

Raleigh Steel
01-24-2012, 02:24 PM
can't remember where i read this the other day, but the author of the article wrote about how arians went to a pistol type offense for the titans game because ben was hurt. he used more short, quick passes and the team had one of their best offensive days ever under arians...AND BEN DIDN'T HAVE FUN DOING IT!

we definitely need someone to tell ben what's what and actually make him play in a system that is best for the team, not for how much fun ben haves. i guess maybe ben likes getting hit by 300 pound lineman. if it weren't for his 2 rape allegation i could make the case for ben being in the closet...or maybe he's just over compensating? i'm just joking, but damn, how is not getting hit, throwing 34 times, 5 TD's, and a passer rating of 116.2...not to mention, WINNING THE GAME, not fun?

xBlitzBurghx
01-24-2012, 04:39 PM
If Ben doesn't like it get rid of him. I can't stand people that get paid 100 mill and complain

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

tracypa35
01-24-2012, 05:39 PM
can't remember where i read this the other day, but the author of the article wrote about how arians went to a pistol type offense for the titans game because ben was hurt. he used more short, quick passes and the team had one of their best offensive days ever under arians...AND BEN DIDN'T HAVE FUN DOING IT!

we definitely need someone to tell ben what's what and actually make him play in a system that is best for the team, not for how much fun ben haves. i guess maybe ben likes getting hit by 300 pound lineman. if it weren't for his 2 rape allegation i could make the case for ben being in the closet...or maybe he's just over compensating? i'm just joking, but damn, how is not getting hit, throwing 34 times, 5 TD's, and a passer rating of 116.2...not to mention, WINNING THE GAME, not fun?

Do u have a link to this article?

DIESELMAN
01-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Do u have a link to this article?

I remember reading the slideshow from BleacherReport.com. Title is how a new OC can help the Steelers offense better. Here's the link, it's on page 5 if this link doesn't take you to it.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1034581-pittsburgh-steelers-how-can-the-new-coordinator-can-make-the-offense-better/page/5

BR7
01-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Arians said that he has been contacted by "five or six" teams since Friday, but wouldn't go into specifics.

Some how I doubt that very much.

LatrobePA
01-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Some how I doubt that very much.

As a QB coach sure as hell not OC, he's an asswipe!