PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger in the Pro Bowl means no Tebow in the Pro Bowl

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2012, 12:51 AM
With Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger) hobbling for much of the last six weeks and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1163/tom-brady) now exempt from the festivities (as if he would have gone anyway), many assumed that Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5096/tim-tebow) would be invited to the Pro Bowl, given that he’s the second alternate.

Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6493/andy-dalton), the first alternate, already has been called up, given that Brady will be getting ready for the Super Bowl. But a league source tells PFT that Roethlisberger will “definitely” make the trip to Hawaii, despite an ankle injury that he first suffered on December 8 — and that he apparently aggravated on multiple occasions.

This means that Tebow’s first Pro Bowl appearance will come next year, at the earliest.

Of course, making the trip and being able to play are two different things. Roethlisberger could realize once he tries to practice that the ankle still isn’t 100 percent. But at least he still gets the free trip to Hawaii.
Tebow, who suffered a rib injury nine days ago in a 45-10 division-round loss to the Patriots, likely would be able to play in the game on short notice, if it comes to that. A source with knowledge of the situation said that doctors told Tebow last week, when Roethlisberger’s status was uncertain, that Tebow should be able to practice for and play in the Pro Bowl.

The Pro Bowl will be televised Sunday night on NBC. Which may explain why we suddenly have more than a cursory interest in it. - Source (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/23/roethlisberger-definitely-attending-pro-bowl-leaving-tebow-out-in-the-cold/)

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2012, 12:53 AM
I say why not play if you're Ben. You've got all offseason to heal up your ankle, you get a trip to Hawaii and finally a honeymoon with your new wife. It's not like he's going to play for more than a quarter anyways since the QB's alternate.

acero
01-24-2012, 12:57 AM
also theres no real hitting nor real football at a pro bowl and player kind of use it as player meetings

Nolrog
01-24-2012, 06:33 AM
I say why not play if you're Ben. You've got all offseason to heal up your ankle.

Is there any possibility at all of aggravating the injury and making it worse so that it won't heal in a month or so? If not, then he can play. If there's even a small chance that could happen, he should bow out.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Is there any possibility at all of aggravating the injury and making it worse so that it won't heal in a month or so? If not, then he can play. If there's even a small chance that could happen, he should bow out.

:clap::clap:I agree, i think it's very selfish of Ben to play, if he has the injuries they say he has he needs to heal up completely 1st, his loyalty should be to the Steelers first,if he re injure or even re aggravate it's a set back than we nor he needs.:evilshake:

Real Deal Steel
01-24-2012, 02:09 PM
I feel Ben needs to just sit down. But I don't think Tebum should be in the Probowl because he doesn't deserve to be there. Tebum is nothing. A player shouldn't be in the Pro Bowl for religious reasons.

SteelDad
01-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Am I glad he is there instead of Tebow? Hell yes. Am I glad he is playing? No. Team doctor told Ben he probably would not get the ankle back to 100% until March or April. With a new OC coming in, he needs all the reps he can get in OTAs. Go to Hawaii and enjoy the beach, but don't play Ben. Just my opinion.

PITTxPRIDE
01-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Am I glad he is there instead of Tebow? Hell yes. Am I glad he is playing? No. Team doctor told Ben he probably would not get the ankle back to 100% until March or April. With a new OC coming in, he needs all the reps he can get in OTAs. Go to Hawaii and enjoy the beach, but don't play Ben. Just my opinion.

Honestley this was my thoughts when hearing about ben in pro bowl.... a worthless game where he could get hurt, or stay in the burgh and rest... pretty logical

Real Deal Steel
01-24-2012, 02:46 PM

I like that idea. Just go and lay on the beach.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Ive been trolling some Broncos boards and they're all pissed off that Tebow doesn't get to go..LOL

Deviouz1
01-26-2012, 11:10 AM
I feel Ben needs to just sit down. But I don't think Tebum should be in the Probowl because he doesn't deserve to be there. Tebum is nothing. A player shouldn't be in the Pro Bowl for religious reasons.

and quite the sanctimonious turd he is.

LatrobePA
01-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Tebow is not a QB (unless he plays the Steelers) so why should there even be a chance of him going? Goes to show the Pro Bowl is STUUUUPPPPIIIIDDD!~!!!!W#