PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben should be humbled

elephantman
01-23-2012, 03:35 PM
after winning 2 SB's his 1st 5 years, Ben is/was a top 5 QB....Now watching Rodgers, Brees, Brady, ELI MANNING ...even Matt Stafford ..among (many) others have such great record breaking yrs, and Ben having a mediocre yr and 1 and out in playoffs.....He NEEDS TO STEP UP.....too many weapons on offense...and if you wannna Blame B.A....well Ben is his biggest supporter....ELI Manning clearly has over taken him ...not because they are in the SB...but because he is FLAT OUT BETTER THAN BEN..I watched him all year

Ben should be ashamed of the season he has had with the #1 ranked D and a middle of the pack Offense with more weapons then any other team scoring barely 20 points a game

with that being said, I do Like Ben as our QB, but I dont think he puts the work in like a Tom Brady

and btw, Flacco threw a game winning TD yesterday...imagine Flacco going to the SB over BEN...pathetic

LatrobePA
01-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Ben vs Flacco this season, TIE!

Troyisabeast_43
01-23-2012, 03:41 PM
I still think Ben is an elite QB and the Steelers would not have won 2 of the 3 Super Bowls that he took them too the last 6 years without him. However, with that being said I do agree that Ben needs to step it up come next season and change his game some and get somebody in here that can make him take his game to the next level...

Nolrog
01-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Ben should be ashamed of the season he has had with the #1 ranked D and a middle of the pack Offense with more weapons then any other team scoring barely 20 points a game

Yes. How horrible that he threw for over 4000 yards with an offensive line more porus than swiss cheese. What an embarassment this QB is. . . .

and btw, Flacco threw a game winning TD yesterday...imagine Flacco going to the SB over BEN...pathetic

No, he didn't. Know how you can tell? The Ravens were eliminated. Hence there was no game winning TD (which wasn't a catch by the way, receiver didn't have 2 feet down with possession.)

xBlitzBurghx
01-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Big Ben needs to go HAM next year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-23-2012, 04:16 PM
This was not Ben's year. In fact it wasn't the Steelers year period. If he were 100% healthy with proper coaching and had the same 2011 results then something would be seriously wrong. He personally is probably looking at his rating and thinking, I can't let that stand. IMO.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Baltimore sucks.

papabaier
01-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Ben vs Flacco this season, TIE!

Flacco beat Ben twice this year, out-Benned Ben.
I know hindsight 20-20, but I was screaming for the coaches to sit Ben for 49's and last Browns game. Like our chances against anybody with a healthy Ben and a great defense.
Defense let us down at critical season-altering times. 4th quarter against Texans, the obvious 92 yard drive to blow second Ravens game, and just plain sucked at Denver.
Ben will be even better next year - new focus with new OC coming in. Looking for a good year.:cope:

LatrobePA
01-23-2012, 04:28 PM
I hope Ben is better next season and quits allowing ****** QB's we play to be better than him!

Flacco is a doucher!

connecticutsteel
01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Let me say that Ben is better than Flacco ever will be regardless of weather the Ravens beat the Steelers twice this year. Ben was under duress the whole year which he can handle to a point ..If he takes another pounding again this year he will be retired by age 32.The running game will save the passing game and ben will be ben again like the days of the bus

TampaSteelGirl
01-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Yes. How horrible that he threw for over 4000 yards with an offensive line more porus than swiss cheese. What an embarassment this QB is. . . .

No, he didn't. Know how you can tell? The Ravens were eliminated. Hence there was no game winning TD (which wasn't a catch by the way, receiver didn't have 2 feet down with possession.)

Love this post here... :yellowthumb:

elephantman
01-23-2012, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=Nolrog;479296]Yes. How horrible that he threw for over 4000 yards with an offensive line more porus than swiss cheese. What an embarassment this QB is. . . .

btw, 4000 YDs is the New 3000 in the new flag football league...steelers ranked 21st in the league in scoring (thats pathetic) , which is what matters.....

with that said and as I said, I like Ben, just a bit dissapointed this yr as I expected their D to take a hit this yr and the O would compensate.....they didnt, not with 20 points a game..but again our D gave up 14 to carry Ben quite a bit

Bad O line I understand but I dont want to hear this excuse for the next 5 years...great QB's get the ball out in 1.5 seconds and dont need as much protection

Speeed
01-23-2012, 06:09 PM
You do realize he has been injured? Between his foot, his ankle, his thumb, etc. year after year he is pounded behind a patchwork makeshift line. Despite all of that working against him, he consistently performs. This year he had a few lows, but he performed satisfactorily.

Where are Brees, Rodgers, and Flacco now? Oh wait, they will be watching the SB at home. Imagine any of those guys you mentioned taking the beating Roeths. has taken. That is the reality of it.

With a healthy a line, a healthy Ben, and a Healthy offensive none of them have nothing on the Steelers. We were 12 - 4 for God's sake.

after winning 2 SB's his 1st 5 years, Ben is/was a top 5 QB....Now watching Rodgers, Brees, Brady, ELI MANNING ...even Matt Stafford ..among (many) others have such great record breaking yrs, and Ben having a mediocre yr and 1 and out in playoffs.....He NEEDS TO STEP UP.....too many weapons on offense...and if you wannna Blame B.A....well Ben is his biggest supporter....ELI Manning clearly has over taken him ...not because they are in the SB...but because he is FLAT OUT BETTER THAN BEN..I watched him all year

with that being said, I do Like Ben as our QB, but I dont think he puts the work in like a Tom Brady

elephantman
01-23-2012, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=Speeed;479366]

Where are Brees, Rodgers, and Flacco now? Oh wait, they will be watching the SB at home. Imagine any of those guys you mentioned taking the beating Roeths. has taken. That is the reality of it.

^ well only 2 teams play in the SB...and it's Brady and Manning...good QB's....but hey I cant diss Ben, he's been to 3 and won 2

NYCsteelersfan
01-23-2012, 06:36 PM
ELI Manning clearly has over taken him ...not because they are in the SB...but because he is FLAT OUT BETTER THAN BEN..I watched him all year

Here we go...Only 2 out of 8 seasons has he posted a 90 or better QB rating. Barely over 80 for his 8 year career while being surrounded by some of the best receivers in the league and one of the best offensive lines in the league for his entire career.

You're an idiot and you should continue to watch ESPN all day, listen to every word they tell you and suck Manning balls with everyone else in the media.

Real Deal Steel
01-23-2012, 06:43 PM
I still think Ben is an elite QB and the Steelers would not have won 2 of the 3 Super Bowls that he took them too the last 6 years without him. However, with that being said I do agree that Ben needs to step it up come next season and change his game some and get somebody in here that can make him take his game to the next level...

I would like to see him put more work in his game but most people need someone to drive them and that job fell on Arians. Now that Arians is gone, I'm expecting the next
OC to push Ben to new heights.

I feel the reason Ben liked Arians is that Arians didn't ask for much. Always a bad sign to me when players LIKE their coaches a lot. Lombardi, Noll, Bellichek, Parcells were not liked per say by their players. All you require from players is respect. Period.

NYCsteelersfan
01-23-2012, 06:53 PM

I would like to see him put more work in his game but most people need someone to drive them and that job fell on Arians. Now that Arians is gone, I'm expecting the next
OC to push Ben to new heights.

I feel the reason Ben liked Arians is that Arians didn't ask for much. Always a bad sign to me when players LIKE their coaches a lot. Lombardi, Noll, Bellichek, Parcells were not liked per say by their players. All you require from players is respect. Period.

Do people watch games other than the Steelers during the regular season? How do you people not see the insane protection that guys like Brady and the Mannings get from their offensive lines?

I don't know what Roethlisberger needs to step up aside from learning to run faster when the pocket crumbles after 1 second.

elephantman
01-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Here we go...Only 2 out of 8 seasons has he posted a 90 or better QB rating. Barely over 80 for his 8 year career while being surrounded by some of the best receivers in the league and one of the best offensive lines in the league for his entire career.

You're an idiot and you should continue to watch ESPN all day, listen to every word they tell you and suck Manning balls with everyone else in the media.

NOPE!! NO NO!!! im also from NY area and have heard all the bashing of Eli over the years and I always Liked him as a Steeler fan....suourounded by the best receivers" you say?? he has had a bunch of receivers come and go in his 8 yrs and makes (some) them look good ...remember steve smith, a Pro bowler with Giants who left via free agency..he had 11 receptions in 9 games with Philli this yr....and he 'made' Victor cruz who he is, though he is good....I am not jumpin on the bandwagon....it's NY all around me and I always liked Manning despite what I hear from his NY bashers, (which seems to include you)...this is not an abberration what he's doing now..it aint easy winning and keeping your cool in NY....and FWIW , the Giants have a worse running game than the steelers

LatrobePA
01-23-2012, 07:05 PM
You guys crack me up whining about the oline, yes it's bad BUT Ben is the king of holding the ball for 8 seconds!

Real Deal Steel
01-23-2012, 07:12 PM
There needs to be upgrades (O-line) tweekings (getting rid of the ball) and establishing the run as a priority again. None of us are wrong but it's just a matter of the degree that each part plays in the offense's ineffecientcy.

NYCsteelersfan
01-23-2012, 07:18 PM
suourounded by the best receivers" you say?? he has had a bunch of receivers come and go in his 8 yrs and makes (some) them look good ...remember steve smith, a Pro bowler with Giants who left via free agency..he had 11 receptions in 9 games with Philli this yr...

You seem to have forgotten one receiver, Eli had him for half his career. He had 15.4 yards per reception for his career compared to Randy Moss' 15.6 yards per carry. What was his name?? Ohhhh yeah, Plaxico Burress. Yeah he sucked.

and he 'made' Victor cruz who he is, though he is good

Anyone watching Giants games without having a media induced attraction for Eli knows that Cruz and Hicks made Manning's season with the catches they've made and the runs they've had after those catches.

this is not an abberration what he's doing now

It is an abberration considering this is only the second time in 8 seasons that he's posted a 90 or better QB rating. And it's definitely an abberration considering the previous season he had a career high in interceptions with 25.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Hakeem Nicks is a legit badass and I was a huge fan of his when he was at North Carolina and I would love to have him on the Steelers.....But the jury is still out on Cruz....Damn good year for Cruz no doubt but I want to see Cruz do it again.......You have to credit Eli for having a damn good year.....He has made some very good clutch throws all season but I still would take Ben........But in my opinion Eli is elite and a much better big game QB then his brother....don't care if people don't like that opinion either...lol

NYCsteelersfan
01-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Hakeem Nicks is a legit badass and I was a huge fan of his when he was at North Carolina and I would love to have him on the Steelers.....But the jury is still out on Cruz....Damn good year for Cruz no doubt but I want to see Cruz do it again.......You have to credit Eli for having a damn good year.....He has made some very good clutch throws all season but I still would take Ben........But in my opinion Eli is elite and a much better big game QB then his brother....don't care if people don't like that opinion either...lol

I agree with most of this except your last point. The difference between Eli and his brother's performance is the opponents they've faced. The NFC has been straight garbage for a very long time now. There's always one good team and then every other team in the conference is plain sloppy. All the AFC postseason teams are usually legitimately strong teams while the NFC playoff teams are usually garbage teams that beat up on the other bigger garbage teams for their playoff spot.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2012, 07:39 PM
I agree with most of this except your last point. The difference between Eli and his brother's performance is the opponents they've faced. The NFC has been straight garbage for a very long time now. There's always one good team and then every other team in the conference is plain sloppy. All the AFC postseason teams are usually legitimately strong teams while the NFC playoff teams are usually garbage teams that beat up on the other bigger garbage teams for their playoff spot.

Peyton Manning is the greatest regular season QB ever but I rather have Eli in big games......The fact he doesn't play his home games in controlled conditions is another factor for me....But I have never liked Peyton Manning but for some reason I did like Eli....Before Ben declared for the 2004 drafted I wanted Eli but when Ben declared it was all about Ben for me......

HUNT4SEVEN
01-23-2012, 08:00 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1034581-pittsburgh-steelers-how-can-the-new-coordinator-can-make-the-offense-better/page/5 We should switch to the West coast offense with the weapons we have, this would benefit Ben and make him a more complete passer,this article proves my point.

SteelerRush
01-23-2012, 09:28 PM
If Eli wins another Super Bowl I would say at this point in their careers that Eli is the better QB. With that said I still want Ben as my QB over any other in the league right now. You can't teach what Ben is able to do when the pocket colapses he is unique in that he is able to throw the ball as good as he does when he is under pressure.
Give us a good O-Line for the next five years who can protect with consistency and you will witness one of the greatest QB to win multiple Super Bowls.