PDA

View Full Version : NY fans and Steelers fans

NYCsteelersfan
01-22-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't know why there are so many in here rooting for the Giants. Giants fans despise Steelers fans. They have zero respect for the Steelers and they have zero respect for Roethlisberger. A lot of the animosity comes from the fact that they drafted Eli ahead of Roethlisberger and they all know that Roethlisberger has been much better.

I don't care if its Harbaugh or the Patriots. I rather either of those teams win then for a sloppy 9-7 team to get a ring and actually result in people claiming that Eli is better than Roethlisberger.

Nolrog
01-22-2012, 07:39 PM
I don't know why there are so many in here rooting for the Giants.

Because we universally hate the Patriots and the Rats, and if San Fran wins, they tie us with 6 SB wins. So the Giants are the lesser evil (plus my local team.)

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Because we universally hate the Patriots and the Rats, and if San Fran wins, they tie us with 6 SB wins. So the Giants are the lesser evil (plus my local team.)

:iagree: That about sums it up. I can't stand Baltimore so cheering for the Pats was a no brainer. However now that it's over for the Ravens I have to cheer for Giants just a bit because my wife has a soft spot for them and plus the 9ers not getting 6.

Honestly in the end I don't really care that much.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-22-2012, 08:04 PM

My thoughts exactly!

Diehardsteel
01-22-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't care about their silly jealousy. Being from the Bay Area I know some 49er fans. Even have some in my family. I HATE THE 49ers. SO GO G-MEN!!!!!!!!

coldrolled
01-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Hynoski looks good... to bad arians was here last year.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2012, 08:20 PM
If that is the case, they don't like the Steelers because we got Roethlisberger that's just pretty dumb. I get it to a degree I guess but it's not like Eli is the worst QB ever. If anything the Chargers should hate the Steelers because they had a chance to get Rivers and he hasn't done squat.

NYCsteelersfan
01-22-2012, 08:22 PM
If that is the case, they don't like the Steelers because we got Roethlisberger that's just pretty dumb. I get it to a degree I guess but it's not like Eli is the worst QB ever. If anything the Chargers should hate the Steelers because they had a chance to get Rivers and he hasn't done squat.

Chargers got Rivers and a first round draft pick for Manning because Eli refused to play for anyone other than the Giants. Giants gave up a lot for Eli.

coach
01-22-2012, 08:48 PM
I agree with the things about SF and 6. Plus I would love to see Eli get a second ring to not only beat the cheats, but also tell Peyton that his career was ok, but not as good as Eli's who would have one more ring than the older Manning.

Nolrog
01-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Chargers got Rivers and a first round draft pick for Manning because Eli refused to play for anyone other than the Giants. Giants gave up a lot for Eli.

Giants gave up Rivers, the 3rd round pick in 2004 and the first and fifth in 2005.

The chargers picked Kicker Nate Kaeding with the 3rd round pick in 2004, Shawne Merriman with the first pick in 2005 and traded the 2005 5th round pick to Tampa (though I'm not sure what they got back.)

Kaeding and Merriman both made the pro-bowl, with Merriman making it his first 3 years. He had a very nice, but very short career, sustaining a severe knee injury in 2008 and never really recovering.

Interesting enough, the Bolts wound up trading two franchise QBs who both won Super Bowl MVPs in favor of Rivers, who has compiled a 3-4 post season record and hasn't been there in the last 2 years.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-22-2012, 09:31 PM
I don't want the Cheaters to win the SuperBowl because that will give Bilicheat 4 SB and he will tie a REAL legend in Noll, and i don't want the 9ers to go/win cause they will be tied with us for 6 plus i can't stomach the Harbaughs plus they both already had there gatoraid showera lmao, IDC care bout the G-men fans they are non factors to me anyways, the Giants became a team i could root for every since they beat the Cheaters and made them 18-1 so yea i want the G-men to win, I understand where u coming from tho bruh cause u live in NYC...

Real Deal Steel
01-22-2012, 11:29 PM
We root for the Giants because:

1. 49ers beat us while Ben was hurt;costing us a division title.

2. A Harbaugh coaches the 49ers. We don't like Harbaughs.

--- Added 1/22/2012 at 09:29 PM ---

Bye bye Harbaugh boys. Had 50% chance to go to the Super Bowl and as usual..YOU CHOKE!!

There will be a lot of silence in the Harbaugh house now.

NYCsteelersfan
01-22-2012, 11:49 PM
We root for the Giants because:

1. 49ers beat us while Ben was hurt;costing us a division title.

2. A Harbaugh coaches the 49ers. We don't like Harbaughs.

--- Added 1/22/2012 at 09:29 PM ---

Bye bye Harbaugh boys. Had 50% chance to go to the Super Bowl and as usual..YOU CHOKE!!

There will be a lot of silence in the Harbaugh house now.

lol...That was a real balanced offense by the Giants, huh?

connecticutsteel
01-23-2012, 12:13 AM
The franchuses are connected by marrige one of the rooney daughters is married to a mara i thinkor vice versa

Forged in Steel
01-23-2012, 03:30 AM
They have zero respect for the Steelers

That's because no one respects the Steelers. Only the Steelers and their fans do.

OldSchool58
01-23-2012, 08:06 AM
If the Patriots were playing Satan and his team of gay communists in the SB, I'd pull for Satan. The Pats can go suck on one....and probably do, when the cameras are off.

jpele
01-23-2012, 09:22 AM
For one day only :

elephantman
01-23-2012, 11:28 AM
If the Patriots were playing Satan and his team of gay communists in the SB, I'd pull for Satan. The Pats can go suck on one....and probably do, when the cameras are off.

Why am I rooting for the Giants??....um....come Monday its a stupid question....The Pats...do I need another reason..never hated a team more....I wish the Ravens beat them

LatrobePA
01-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Go Giants!

Real Deal Steel
01-23-2012, 12:21 PM
That's because no one respects the Steelers. Only the Steelers and their fans do.

When we are whipping their @ss, they'll respect us. They'll have no choice.

We need to fix our lines, and then we'll be right back in the mix where we belong.

steelers75
01-23-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't know why there are so many in here rooting for the Giants. Giants fans despise Steelers fans.

If you're the only example of a Steelers fan a number of them come into contact with, I can see why...

NYCsteelersfan
01-23-2012, 07:57 PM
If you're the only example of a Steelers fan a number of them come into contact with, I can see why...

Your mother is quite fond of me.