PDA

View Full Version : It's all coming out, the Steelers were not going to renew Arians' contract

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2012, 08:29 PM
We wrote an article about this very subject (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/../2012/01/was-arians-forced-out-of-pittsburgh-certainly-looks-that-way/) the day that the team officially announced that now former Offensive Coordinator Bruce Arians was retiring. It all fits into place if you ask me, that the rumors of Steelers President Art Rooney II being the deciding factor in the decision to go a different direction at Offensive Coordinator are true. The fact is everyone knows that Mike Tomlin wanted Arians to return; having said as much in his season ending press conference. However, it was time for a change not only at the coordinator position but obviously time for change in putting together an offensive line for the future. That's a story for another time though. That's not to say that Tomlin was completely happy with the gameplan each week, how could he have been? Sometimes it was good, many times it wasn't so good. http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/../blog/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gifPlayers need to execute the gameplan of course so we can never fully blame Arians for the subpar offensive output however in the end comes down to coaching for better or worse. We may never know what really happened in the meetings with Mike Tomlin and the Steelers front office but fortunately Mr. Rooney made the right call, as it would seem, and took matters into his own hands. How it works out, we'll have to wait and see.

The Steelers announced offensive coordinator Bruce Arians is retiring, but a report by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette cited sources that said his had was forced when was told his contract would not be renewed for 2012.

The decision is believed to have come from team president Art Rooney II, with coach Mike Tomlin telling Arians multiple times since the end of the season that he wanted him to return.

Arians, 59, spent the past five seasons with the Steelers and was working under a one-year contract.

"I appreciate his efforts over the past five years as the team's offensive coordinator and for helping lead our offense to new heights during his time with the Steelers," Tomlin said in a statement Friday. "I am grateful to Bruce for contributing to our success and wish him nothing but the best in his retirement."

According to the Post-Gazette, running backs coach Kirby Wilson would have been a likely candidate to replace Arians, but he is recovering from burns over 45 percent of his body suffered in a fire at his home Jan. 6. Quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner is another potential in-house candidate. - Source (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/16958237/arians-retired-after-told-contract-would-not-be-renewed)

NYCsteelersfan
01-21-2012, 10:34 PM
While I'm very happy about Arians being gone, I find the whole situation to be evidence of Tomlin's ineptitude. Rooney isn't Jerry Jones, in other words, he isn't going to step in just to step in. The question we should be asking is why didn't Tomlin see what all of us (Rooney included) saw?

Maybe Rooney can take further charge and either hire the new OC himself or at least require Tomlin to get his final approval. He should also order the drafting of offensive linemen and or go to free agency to grab at least one good proven offensive linemen.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Honestly when i read what Rooney told the post gazette last week i knew he ( BA ) would be gone, Tomlin does not run things, he is just a puppet, Rooney also is getting tired of Ben meaning (his style of play), whenever the Rooneys start talking in the media CHANGE is coming, Isn't his dad (Art Rooney) stepping down from his position? If that happens more changes could be coming soon...

NYCsteelersfan
01-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Rooney also is getting tired of Ben meaning (his style of play), whenever the Rooneys start talking in the media CHANGE is coming

You think they're also tired of Roethlisberger not having 3 comfortable seconds in the pocket behind a worthless offensive line? Because the only style of play I see from Roethlisberger is a style that comes from a quarterback who knows he's going to get hit on every other snap.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Art Rooney II has more of an influence over how things run than some probably think. Thank goodness he's not as bad as Jerry Jones, going public to the media all the time, hanging out on the sidelines. Still though, if it's true that Tomlin was hell bent on keeping Arians around then Rooney had to step in and put his foot down.

DBR96A
01-22-2012, 12:03 AM
Everybody knows the Gs are garbage, but Ben Roethlisberger still has the same bad habits that he did four years ago, which leads me to believe that nobody was bothering to coach them out of him. Roethlisberger has all the skills necessary to become an all-time great at the QB position; he just needs a coach who can challenge him to curtail his bad habits. Bruce Arians was not doing that, regardless of the condition of the offensive line.

NYCsteelersfan
01-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Everybody knows the Gs are garbage, but Ben Roethlisberger still has the same bad habits that he did four years ago, which leads me to believe that nobody was bothering to coach them out of him. Roethlisberger has all the skills necessary to become an all-time great at the QB position; he just needs a coach who can challenge him to curtail his bad habits. Bruce Arians was not doing that, regardless of the condition of the offensive line.

92 QB rating for his career and six of his eight seasons he has had a 90 or better QB rating. I just don't think he's going to get much better, especially not without an elite offensive line like the ones that Brady and Peyton play behind.

DIESELMAN
01-22-2012, 12:28 AM
I really don't think Ben needs an "elite" OL to be a even better QB. What he needs is a good consistent O line, a OC who is not his buddy and he needs to change his style of play to a certain degree. As far as BA's retirement, he was told by Rooney 2 years ago to develop a better running game for the 2010 season, which the Steelers did. For a encore in the 2011 season our running game took a dive. It doesn't matter about injuries or players executing, all that falls on the coaching staff. **** rolls downhill, BA didn't help himself with our RZ issues, so IMHO, Rooney was watching every game and was saying WTF with the play calling which even had us fans begging for BA to go. Rooney had had enough, just like us.

Nolrog
01-22-2012, 06:09 AM
I'm disappointed that Tomlin had to have this decision made for him. He should evaluate his coaches and coordinators every year and see if there's been issues, improvement or reasons for concern. He shouldn't have to have a decision like this forced on him.

Although, I do appreciate the fact that he's fiercly loyal to his guys.

JensK
01-22-2012, 07:18 AM
uce Arians' departure from the Pittsburgh Steelers officially was labeled a retirement, but a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora on Saturday that the assistant coach was told that his contract would not be renewed this offseason.

The source said Arians wasn't fired.

A report in Saturday's edition of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reveals that the decision to end Arians' five-year tenure as Steelers offensive coordinator was made by people other than Arians.

The Post-Gazette reported, citing sources inside and outside the organization, that coach Mike Tomlin told Arians more than once since the team's playoff loss to Denver that he wanted him to return. The newspaper reported that Arians told his assistants and others that he planned to be back with the team in 2012, but sources said the decision to part ways with Arians came from someone higher up in the organization than Tomlin.

The Post-Gazette reported team president Art Rooney II appears to be the guy who pulled the trigger.

A league source told La Canfora that quarterback coach Randy Fichtner is an in-house option to replace Arians.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi said that running backs coach Kirby Wilson could have been a candidate to fill the vacant spot, but his health makes that unlikely. Wilson sustained burns to his arms and legs in a house fire in early January.

The Post-Gazette reported Arians could not be reached.

The Steelers produced two 1,000-yard receivers this season in Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown, and the team had its best per-carry average (4.4 yards) since 2001. The Post-Gazette reported that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who was close to Arians, is not happy with the move.

While this article hardly says anything new about the firing, I find it quite interesting that Ben already voiced his opinion about the situation. You would think that he was professional enough to stay out of it.

North Steel
01-22-2012, 11:11 AM
You think they're also tired of Roethlisberger not having 3 comfortable seconds in the pocket behind a worthless offensive line? Because the only style of play I see from Roethlisberger is a style that comes from a quarterback who knows he's going to get hit on every other snap.

That's bc the receivers are running to the end zone for a pass.A lot of that was due to play calling as well.bye bye BA,moron

coldrolled
01-22-2012, 11:31 AM
The Post-Gazette reported team president Art Rooney II appears to be the guy who pulled the trigger.

To bad the post gazette never mentioned over three years that arians should be fired. now they are the smart ones. just water boys at the gazette...

Stone
01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
I really don't think Ben needs an "elite" OL to be a even better QB. What he needs is a good consistent O line, a OC who is not his buddy and he needs to change his style of play to a certain degree. As far as BA's retirement, he was told by Rooney 2 years ago to develop a better running game for the 2010 season, which the Steelers did. For a encore in the 2011 season our running game took a dive. It doesn't matter about injuries or players executing, all that falls on the coaching staff. **** rolls downhill, BA didn't help himself with our RZ issues, so IMHO, Rooney was watching every game and was saying WTF with the play calling which even had us fans begging for BA to go. Rooney had had enough, just like us.
:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

What Ben needs to be elite is a game plan that accentuates his unique skills!

Get rid of the idiotic wide receiver screen play 10x per game! And develop a real screen passing ability.

Use Ben's incredible down field vision and persistence when the "called" play doesn't work! Build an O line around Ben and let Ben "see" the field without fear of death!

Use Ben's incredible scrambling ability when the "called" play doesn't work or the O line has a lapse!

Develop a game plan that uses the talent on the field!

Modify a game plan that isn't working!

And GUESS WHAT .........Ben is elite!...............Because he wins!

jnes1216
01-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Whoever made the call to not renew BA's contract made a good decision. Its definitely time to get some fresh ideas in the booth. I just hope the Steelers do their due dilligence in finding the replacement. I hope its just not "given" to Randy F because they want to promote from within. With the league emphasis on offense this should be a decision on the same plane as hiring a new head coach.

BR7
01-22-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm disappointed that Tomlin had to have this decision made for him. He should evaluate his coaches and coordinators every year and see if there's been issues, improvement or reasons for concern. He shouldn't have to have a decision like this forced on him.

100% exactly right. Tomlin shouldn't have had the decision made for him. IMO, shouldn't have went to Rooney either. Isn't that what Colbert gets paid to do? If Tomlin doesn't have the cajones to get rid of a coach, then Colbert has to pull the trigger. Having the Rooneys step in is a bit much.

But either way, I'm happy for the decision :lol:

coach
01-22-2012, 02:19 PM

I am not sure if we can measure how much various things contributed to poor results this year. Some of Ben's bad habits are hanging on to the ball too long, which happens to work out pretty well most of the time. I don't know that anyone can coach that out of him. I do think the game can be called differently by a smart OC who understands that the O-line can't give you 7 seconds, so shorter routes (not bubble screens) need to be an important part of the equation. Too bad BA didn't learn from the NE game this year. He went right back to the old tird play book.
At this point, I don't care who told him his time was up. He's gone and we will be better off for it.

Real Deal Steel
01-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Honestly when i read what Rooney told the post gazette last week i knew he ( BA ) would be gone, Tomlin does not run things, he is just a puppet, Rooney also is getting tired of Ben meaning (his style of play), whenever the Rooneys start talking in the media CHANGE is coming, Isn't his dad (Art Rooney) stepping down from his position? If that happens more changes could be coming soon...

Tomlin is a puppet. The philosophy of this team is what runs this team. Period. And the coach has to reflect that philosophy.

Personally, I agree with Mr. Rooney and what he did. We need to get our lines together
like we used to do. We need to get back to balancing the offense which allows us to dominate time of possession. Like we used to do.

jnes1216
01-22-2012, 02:35 PM
I am not sure if we can measure how much various things contributed to poor results this year. Some of Ben's bad habits are hanging on to the ball too long, which happens to work out pretty well most of the time. I don't know that anyone can coach that out of him. I do think the game can be called differently by a smart OC who understands that the O-line can't give you 7 seconds, so shorter routes (not bubble screens) need to be an important part of the equation. Too bad BA didn't learn from the NE game this year. He went right back to the old tird play book.
At this point, I don't care who told him his time was up. He's gone and we will be better off for it.

I agree and that's why I'm surprised I have heard Mike Martz's name mentioned as a replacement by some on here. The guy needs a stud off. line to execute his game plan which we are far from having.

Real Deal Steel
01-22-2012, 02:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7489906/pittsburgh-steelers-chose-not-keep-bruce-arians-bucking-ben-roethlisberger-sources-say

ESPN.com news services

While Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Bruce Arians announced his retirement Friday, team sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen the Steelers chose not to retain Arians, against the wishes of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

The sources said the move was made in order to shift the offense back toward its blue-collar identity of years past, in line with the desires of Steelers president Art Rooney II.

Arians, 59, has been the only offensive coordinator in coach Mike Tomlin's five seasons with the Steelers. During his time as coordinator, he turned the Steelers from a run-first team to a pass-heavy one to better suit Roethlisberger.

Pittsburgh ranked in the top half of the NFL in offense over the past three seasons but finished a disappointing 12th this past season.

"Bruce Arians has informed me that he will retire from coaching," Tomlin said in a statement. "I appreciate his efforts over the past five years as the team's offensive coordinator and for helping lead our offense to new heights during his time with the Steelers. I am grateful to Bruce for contributing to our success and wish him nothing but the best in his retirement."

The Steelers have a history of promoting from within at offensive coordinator. Arians joined the Steelers in 2004 as the wide receivers coach and was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2007.

jnes1216
01-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Sam Bradford didn't want the Rams to lose Josh McDaniels either. Ben likes to throw the ball, what qb doesn't? this is a non-issue for me. Once they start scoring consistently in the red zone, it will be... Bruce who?? Yea, you know the guy that made the end zone look like the Great Wall of China.

cmerrifield
01-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Tomlin is a puppet. The philosophy of this team is what runs this team. Period. And the coach has to reflect that philosophy.

Personally, I agree with Mr. Rooney and what he did. We need to get our lines together
like we used to do. We need to get back to balancing the offense which allows us to dominate time of possession. Like we used to do.

Like we used to do will kill us. There is no way I want to see this team go to smashmouth football. It will kill us. We are far too talented at WR, TE, QB, and RB to go back. If we do, we will not keep Sanders, Brown and Wallace because they wont get used properly. People need to realize that change is good. Tomlin and the new offense has gotten as many SB appearances and wins in 5 years and Cowher got in 15, yes lets go back to Cowher because he was so much more successful. I wanted BA gone, but I do not want a FB and smashmouth football, we are not built for that team anymore. We are built for a balanced 50/50 offense, not run 60/40.

NYCsteelersfan
01-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Like we used to do will kill us. There is no way I want to see this team go to smashmouth football. It will kill us. We are far too talented at WR, TE, QB, and RB to go back. If we do, we will not keep Sanders, Brown and Wallace because they wont get used properly. People need to realize that change is good. Tomlin and the new offense has gotten as many SB appearances and wins in 5 years and Cowher got in 15, yes lets go back to Cowher because he was so much more successful. I wanted BA gone, but I do not want a FB and smashmouth football, we are not built for that team anymore. We are built for a balanced 50/50 offense, not run 60/40.

Cowher won a Superbowl 2 years after getting an elite quarterback. Tomlin wouldn't win 5 games with Maddox, Brister, Graham, or "Slash." Comparing Tomlin to Cowher is absolutely laughable.

With that said, balanced offenses and trying to control the clock with a rushing attack is a thing of the past due to league rules and how games are now officiated.

cmerrifield
01-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Cowher won a Superbowl 2 years after getting an elite quarterback. Tomlin wouldn't win 5 games with Maddox, Brister, Graham, or "Slash." Comparing Tomlin to Cowher is absolutely laughable.

With that said, balanced offenses and trying to control the clock with a rushing attack is a thing of the past due to league rules and how games are now officiated.

Cowher had a lot of control over player/personnel decisions, so we stuck himself with Slash, Brister Maddox and Graham. Again, Cowher was a great coach, but there is no reason to return to his style of play.

Just because BA didnt know how to call plays very well, doesnt mean that his style of offense wont work, we just need a better play caller.

NYCsteelersfan
01-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Cowher had a lot of control over player/personnel decisions, so we stuck himself with Slash, Brister Maddox and Graham.

His flaw was overachieving with those miserable quarterbacks and therefore never leaving himself with a high enough draft pick.

He finally suffered a losing season, ended up with a high draft pick, and the team ended up with an elite quarterback.

I otherwise agree with you. I would like to see more passing, however, the 49ers have so far proven that a strong defense and ground attack can win games, and even postseason games against powerful offensive teams like the Saints, whereas the 2005 Steelers dismantled the pass happy Colts.

2005 Steelers: 24th in the league in passing with 379 attempts and 228 completions, and 5th in league in rushing with 549 attempts and an average of 4 yards per carry.

2011 49ers: 29th in the league in passing with 451 attempts and 271 completions, and 8th in the league in rushing with 498 attempts and an average of 4.1 yards per carry.

LatrobePA
01-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Tomlin is a pussy BA would of been here forever had the FO not stepped in!

Real Deal Steel
01-22-2012, 04:42 PM

Oh really??? You better look at the final four teams today. Other then the Patriots, there are no high flyers. Running the ball and playing good defense still works.

--- Added 1/22/2012 at 03:42 PM ---

Well, it doesn't matter what you guys think. Because Rooney has spoken. And Rooney says
we are going back to the old ways. Meaning, getting the offensive and defensive lines together so they can be dominant.

Getting the running game going and making our WR's even more deadly by giving to them the play action pass.

NYCsteelersfan
01-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Oh really??? You better look at the final four teams today. Other then the Patriots, there are no high flyers. Running the ball and playing good defense still works.

The Giants run the ball and play good defense?? The Giants were 32nd in the league in rushing and 27th in the league in defense.

Real Deal Steel
01-22-2012, 05:02 PM
The Giants run the ball and play good defense?? The Giants were 32nd in the league in rushing and 27th in the league in defense.

But in the playoffs, they are running the ball. And the Giants defense is healthy now. They were not healthy for the majority of the season.

NYCsteelersfan
01-22-2012, 05:09 PM
But in the playoffs, they are running the ball. And the Giants defense is healthy now. They were not healthy for the majority of the season.

In the postseason, they have less rushing attempts than the Patriots and they have more passing attempts than every other team except for the Saints. They do not run the ball anymore and their defense is awful. They played a despicable Falcons team and a Green Bay team that came out flat. They are a pass first team, and the regular season stats clearly prove it.

Scorp
01-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Plain and simple. BA didn't want to help Steelers win a 7th title so they got rid of him. End of story. Thank you BA for your contributions, but you are relieved you of your services/duties, You're being let go. Your department's being downsized. You're part of an outplacement. We're going in a different direction. We're not picking up your option. Take your pick, i've got more.

Real Deal Steel
01-22-2012, 05:31 PM
In the postseason, they have less rushing attempts than the Patriots and they have more passing attempts than every other team except for the Saints. They do not run the ball anymore and their defense is awful. They played a despicable Falcons team and a Green Bay team that came out flat. They are a pass first team, and the regular season stats clearly prove it.

This isn't the regular season.

In the playoffs, they are running the ball. They ran for 140 against the Falcons and they out rushed the Packers last week too. They are trying to run a more balanced offense.

NYCsteelersfan
01-22-2012, 05:35 PM
This isn't the regular season.

In the playoffs, they are running the ball. They ran for 140 against the Falcons and they out rushed the Packers last week too. They are trying to run a more balanced offense.

2007 postseason: Eli averaged 200 yards a game and 1.5 TDs
2011 postseason: Eli averages 300 yards a game and 3 TDs

Case closed.

Real Deal Steel
01-22-2012, 05:38 PM
2007 postseason: Eli averaged 200 yards a game and 1.5 TDs
2011 postseason: Eli averages 300 yards a game and 3 TDs

Case closed.

No it isn't. Because you still have the Ravens and 49ers as two of the 4 teams left.

Running the ball and playing good defense still works.

And..in spite of what you say, Rooney has said that is the way we are going back to.

Rooney has stated it.............SO THE CASE IS REALLY CLOSED NOW!

NYCsteelersfan
01-22-2012, 05:42 PM
No it isn't. Because you still have the Ravens and 49ers as two of the 4 teams left.

Running the ball and playing good defense still works.

And..in spite of what you say, Rooney has said that is the way we are going back to.

Rooney has stated it.............SO THE CASE IS REALLY CLOSED NOW!

That's fine, but you were still dead wrong about the Giants.

Real Deal Steel
01-22-2012, 05:46 PM
No I wasn't.

The Giants have ran the ball more in the postseason then at any time this year. The Gaints went back to the winning formula of a balanced offense in the postseason. They've out rushed both their opponents.

Giants, Ravens, 49ers.......3 of the final 4 teams are running more balanced offenses in the postseason. That is my point. Being balance still works. Especially in the postseason.

And that is the offense that we are returning to.

NYCsteelersfan
01-22-2012, 05:49 PM
No I wasn't.

The Giants have ran the ball more in the postseason then at any time this year. The Gaints went back to the winning formula of a balanced offense in the postseason. They've out rushed both their opponents.

Giants, Ravens, 49ers.......3 of the final 4 teams are running more balanced offenses in the postseason. That is my point. Being balance still works. Especially in the postseason.

And that is the offense that we are returning to.

Okay, let's continue to ignore the fact that Eli is averaging 100 more yards and twice as many TDs in the postseason than he did in 2007. Aside from that, so we're only going to be balanced in the postseason? Because the Giants ranked 32nd in rushing in the regular season.

SteelerRush
01-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Although I agree that Tomlin should have made this decision, I am glad to see BA go no matter where the decision came from. We were successful with a good running team because we controlled the time of possession. We need to get back to that style of play but we don't have to abandon the passing attack. We have a lot of talent on offense that we need to get going. A good running attack is first and foremost when you have a good defense. But we need a athletic O-line so we can stay on the blocks when Ben needs to scramble out of trouble and a quick passing attack to get the ball in Money crews hands so they can make plays. With a good athletic O-Line we should be scoring in the high twenties every game not matter who were playing.

That will be the recipe for Stairway to Seven!!!!:cope:

Real Deal Steel
01-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Okay, let's continue to ignore the fact that Eli is averaging 100 more yards and twice as many TDs in the postseason than he did in 2007. Aside from that, so we're only going to be balanced in the postseason? Because the Giants ranked 32nd in rushing in the regular season.

Again, this isn't regular season.

If the regular season were the end all to be all then we would have given the Packers the Lombardi Trophy already.

In the playoffs, the Giants are showing more balance. to go along with the Ravens and 49ers.

--- Added 1/22/2012 at 04:54 PM ---

Although I agree that Tomlin should have made this decision, I am glad to see BA go no matter where the decision came from. We were successful with a good running team because we controlled the time of possession. We need to get back to that style of play but we don't have to abandon the passing attack. We have a lot of talent on offense that we need to get going. A good running attack is first and foremost when you have a good defense. But we need a athletic O-line so we can stay on the blocks when Ben needs to scramble out of trouble and a quick passing attack to get the ball in Money crews hands so they can make plays. With a good athletic O-Line we should be scoring in the high twenties every game not matter who were playing.

That will be the recipe for Stairway to Seven!!!!:cope:

Thank you.

cmerrifield
01-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Plain and simple. BA didn't want to help Steelers win a 7th title so they got rid of him. End of story. Thank you BA for your contributions, but you are relieved you of your services/duties, You're being let go. Your department's being downsized. You're part of an outplacement. We're going in a different direction. We're not picking up your option. Take your pick, i've got more.

Was BA scary beyond all reason?

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

LatrobePA
01-22-2012, 06:00 PM
BA is stupid and in no way should of had a pro coaching gig! I'm glad he's gone!

steelspikes
01-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Wish people would stop ragging on MT. He never said he wanted Arians to return. If you listen to his last press conference what he was asked was did he "expect" him to do so. Of course that question gets a "yes" until a final decision is made. But it seems unfair to infer that MT wanted BA to return. What NFL coach could possibly be happy with a 20 ppg. offense?

LatrobePA
01-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Wish people would stop ragging on MT. He never said he wanted Arians to return. If you listen to his last press conference what he was asked was did he "expect" him to do so. Of course that question gets a "yes" until a final decision is made. But it seems unfair to infer that MT wanted BA to return. What NFL coach could possibly be happy with a 20 ppg. offense?

Tomlin went on the record saying he wanted him back...

This change took 3 years too long, for that Tomlin is a wuss!

Real Deal Steel
01-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Tomlin will recieve a pass but going forward, he's going to have to show the ability to
make the tough decisions dismiss people when needed. Letting Rooney have to initiate
things is unacceptable.