PDA

View Full Version : Has Jeremy Kapinos earned the starting job?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2012, 11:35 AM
He did pretty darn well this year quite honestly. He's certainly not the best but he's by far not the worst. You have to cut ties with Sepulveda now, back to back years with injuries again. I would take Jeremy as the Punter for 2012 but certainly bring in some competition like always.

LatrobePA
01-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Absolutely, Dsep should be out..

Nolrog
01-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Having a strong punter can flip the field position around and make up for a bad offensive series or good punt from the other side.

The other thing that we definitely need to upgrade is the PK. It's been too long since we had a money kicker that we could depend on. Hell, I'd still take Gary Anderson over Sushi.

connecticutsteel
01-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Kapinos is an average punter with a decent average but i think we could do better .It's not always about booming kicks and insane hangtime you need directional finesse and a good mixture of everything and that he doesn't have

I vote for Swayze Waters he can do both PK/P

But we won't need a punter now that BA has retired lol!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2012, 02:56 PM
I would shocked at this point if they even try to bring back Sepulveda. When he's healthy he's an above average Punter but this merry go around every year of a knee injury and then hoping Kapinos will be around has to stop sometime.

Raleigh Steel
01-21-2012, 03:58 PM
kapinos should be the starter going into camp, but it's ALWAYS good to bring in competition at the punter and kicker positions. we need an upgrade at PK...the kid from georgia would be awesome. if we can skate through until next season, the kid from Pitt, who knows how to kick at heinz field is solid.

coach
01-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Take the best kicker(s) you can get for the money you can afford and sink the remaining cash into other positions instead of the kicking game this year; as long as we replace Shanky.
I would love to have a star at every position, but I don't see that happening. I don't think that any team could make OL, DL, DBs, ILB and kickers all a priority. The average age of the D needs to be addressed. It has also been a few years since we have taken a QB. I think the league is running out of 40 year old previous starters and one of these years they are going to draft another one.

LatrobePA
01-21-2012, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't even waste time or $ on Dsep he's liable to blow his knee out wiping his ***!

Steelers/PSU Fan
01-21-2012, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't even waste time or $ on Dsep he's liable to blow his knee out wiping his ***!

lol I know right, I've never seen a kicker get hurt so much, he's built like a frickin china doll.

coach
01-22-2012, 02:35 PM

Dude, I just spit my coffee all over my computer. This was too funny; and unfortunately true.

jnes1216
01-22-2012, 02:40 PM
I would shocked at this point if they even try to bring back Sepulveda. When he's healthy he's an above average Punter but this merry go around every year of a knee injury and then hoping Kapinos will be around has to stop sometime.

Dead on!!

Goodfrom55
01-23-2012, 09:18 AM
If you want to bring in a punter to challenge Kapinos, bring in someone from a cold-weather college who has experience punting a brick into 20 MPH winds in 25 degree weather. Yes, I believe kapinos has done enough over the stints he has had in Pittsburgh to be the Punter. I like Sep, but he is injury prone.

acero
01-24-2012, 01:07 AM
kapinos over sepulveda? hell yeah

what we really need is an elite pk sushi is good not excellent

:tt02: