PDA

View Full Version : SA is now part of YardBarker!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2012, 12:10 AM
We are pleased to announced, and very excited I might add, that SteelerAddicts.com has now joined the YardBarker network (http://www.yardbarker.com/). For those that are sports internet junkies you know what YardBarker is. They have the top rated blogs under their umbrella of sites and feature articles on all sports from their affiliates.

Starting within the next few days as I write this tonight you'll begin seeing articles from SA show up on their homepage and in the Pittsburgh Steelers section of the site.

We also have their official YB / FoxSports nav bar at the top of our homepage.

Don't worry, the site isn't sold, That will not happen. We just became affiliates with them. The exposure that SA as a whole will get will increase greatly.

We're very excited about this opportunity and wanted to share it with everyone!

So if any of you want to write articles, you'll get even more exposure than you already would have with SA. Just let me know anytime.

SteelCityVoice
01-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Further proof they'll let anyone into the YBN. My blog joined up earlier this week as well. LOL

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Who are you again? The voice? What?? Somebody get this guy outta here!

LOL

SteelCityVoice
01-21-2012, 10:13 PM
HAHA welcome aboard. I guess this makes us "brothers" now!

Black&Gold Munch
01-26-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm very proud of you honey, I know you're excited about this new opportunity!!

SteelersWoman
01-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Congrats :)

Nolrog
02-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Is the new look part of the Yardbarker alliance?

It feels like an older style forum now. The older ones felt more modern and crisp.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Sorry for the delay in your reply, just been crazy busy.

The new look has nothing to do with yardbarker, but rather just upgrading the forum software to a newer version. The style we had before worked ok but wasn't supported anymore by vbulletin and some of the mods/hacks were starting to act screwy. This version, vb4 has been out for over 2 years now but we've been holding off upgrading because there were so many bugs in it. It's much more stable now so we decided to take the plunge.

We're still working on mods for it and adding in our own flavor so it's more "SA" if you know what I mean, just takes time :)

Nolrog
02-11-2012, 05:29 PM
We're still working on mods for it and adding in our own flavor so it's more "SA" if you know what I mean, just takes time :)

No worries. I can understand.

Hope this verison works better and gives you more control and whatnot.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-11-2012, 05:43 PM
It's a painful process that's for sure..LOL. We had vb 3.8 customized out the wazoo. Some of the mods we have don't have newer version so we can't use them but the basic look and feel can always duplicated.

HUNT4SEVEN
02-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Congrats Matt, u have taken SA to great heights...i hope u have continued success in the future.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-12-2012, 02:45 AM
It's all for the great members and visitors of SA :)