PDA

View Full Version : More players added to roster

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2012, 07:17 PM
The Steelers also signed cornerback Walter McFadden the younger brother of Bryant McFadden, he played four games for Oakland in 2010 and wide receivers Jimmy Young, Tyler Beiler and David Gilreath. They also formally announced the signing for wide receiver Derrick Williams, who starred at Penn State and played for the Detroit Lions in 2009-10.
Source (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_777636.html#ixzz1k2zWW8Jh)

Stocking up on wide receivers here early in the offseason. Not reading too much into it but they could be looking for some more depth since not both Hines and Cotchery will return this season.

coldrolled
01-20-2012, 07:25 PM
The Steelers also signed cornerback Walter McFadden the younger brother of Bryant McFadden, he played four games for Oakland in 2010 and wide receivers Jimmy Young, Tyler Beiler and David Gilreath. They also formally announced the signing for wide receiver Derrick Williams, who starred at Penn State and played for the Detroit Lions in 2009-10.
Source (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_777636.html#ixzz1k2zWW8Jh)

Stocking up on wide receivers here early in the offseason. Not reading too much into it but they could be looking for some more depth since not both Hines and Cotchery will return this season.

Any of these receivers 6'5+

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-20-2012, 07:25 PM
I hope we find a big WR to help Ben out a little

Nolrog
01-20-2012, 07:37 PM
I hope we find a big WR to help Ben out a little

Ben needs a big guard to help him. The receivers are already very good.

LevonKirkland99
01-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Ben needs a big guard to help him. The receivers are already very good.

Yep, plenty of receivers..Just fix that OL and stop putting bandaids Mr Tomlin and Mr.Colbert!!!

Real Deal Steel
01-20-2012, 10:05 PM
These guys are camp fodder. But does the signing of Mcfadden's younger brother mean we are bringing the elder Mcfadden back? I hope not.