PDA

View Full Version : Cotchery says he wants to return in 2012

BlitzburghRockCity
01-19-2012, 05:50 PM
From 93.7 The Fan (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/01/19/cotchery-on-steelers-i-would-love-to-come-back/) - Cotchery said that everything was positive about his first year as a Steeler, and the organization was everything he expected it to be. About his status as a free agent, Cotchery said that he would love to return to the black and gold next season.

Listen to the audio here. (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fcbspittsburgh.files.word press.com%2F2012%2F01%2F011912-jerricho-cotchery.mp3&podcast_name=Jerricho+Cotchery+On+Steelers&podcast_artist=The+Fan+Morning+Show&station_id=2105&audio_link=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.PITTS)

A few highlights from the interview. "Jerricho said he had a great time in Pittsburgh, and was blown away about how the Steelers handle business. I would love to come back, I expressed that to the coaches. Hopefully something can get done".

He had a meeting with Tomlin, and said it went very well. The coaches like what he brings to the table.

On Bruce Arians not coming back possibly: He says he didn't know the specifics on it but he has great respect for Arians and the guys love the system he has. He says the team would love to see him back but has no idea how that will play out.

On the teams Redzone problems: "Just make the plays". At the end of the day you have to make the tough plays. Some teams make it look easy but it's really not.

After the play where the team tied Denver: He said the team felt like it was their game, their time to come back and win. It's a testament to the guys never giving up even when they were down 14.

On Tim Tebow throwing so much: We forced him to throw it that much and he just made the plays.

On Antonio Brown: The best thing about Antonio, he comes to work. He's working hard every day, never takes a day off. It's nice to see it paying off for him. It's fun watching him work.

Do the big 3 need a veteran presence: I think they are ready to carry the load but you always need a veteran presence in the room. Without one you can take a hit alittle bit, but you need to have a veteran around.

Raleigh Steel
01-19-2012, 06:42 PM
i want him to return as well.

side note, i used to be a residents assistant at NC State at a place that housed a lot of the athletes...mainly football. i still remember checking cotchery in on his first day. the name jericho just stuck out too me. great kid, was a hell of a receiver for the wolfpack, and i hope he does return.

Real Deal Steel
01-19-2012, 07:43 PM
I'd like to see him return too. He's the perfect guy for the underneath stuff in the slot. He and Miller are great security blankets for Ben.

LatrobePA
01-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Cut Hines and bring this guy back!

coldrolled
01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Fire Arians and make Cotch #3

BlitzburghRockCity
01-19-2012, 08:45 PM
i want him to return as well.

side note, i used to be a residents assistant at NC State at a place that housed a lot of the athletes...mainly football. i still remember checking cotchery in on his first day. the name jericho just stuck out too me. great kid, was a hell of a receiver for the wolfpack, and i hope he does return.

That's a cool story!

I'm all for him returning too. I don't see both he and Hines returning and if I had to pick one, sadly I'd say you have to keep Jerricho. He's got more years left in him and is as capable as anyone being a veteran presence for the receivers.

LatrobePA
01-19-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm sure I'll get flamed out here but this team needs to quit being so damn loyal to the vets, if they're washed up (Farrior, Hines, Foote, etc) cut them loose!

Cotchery can contribute at a higher level than Hines, to me it's a no brainer!

Diehardsteel
01-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Hell yes! Bring the man back!!!

steelersbabex25
01-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Duhs.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-19-2012, 10:55 PM
No cut Battle and bring Jericho back...I just want Hines to get his 3rd SuperBowl ring, i'm sure he'll take a reduced roll as well as a reduced pay check.

JollyRob68
01-20-2012, 06:39 AM

:cope: Time for Hines to RETIRE

--- Added 1/20/2012 at 05:39 AM ---

I'm sure I'll get flamed out here but this team needs to quit being so damn loyal to the vets, if they're washed up (Farrior, Hines, Foote, etc) cut them loose!

:cope:

SteelCityKid5
01-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Im with moving on from Ward and keeping Cotchery. It just makes sense.

jpele
01-20-2012, 11:31 AM
I find it strange he's willing to return as # 4 receiver rather than looking for a team were he has a chance to start.

steelersbabex25
01-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Hines won't retire this year, as we've discussed. Either he takes a very big paycut or he'll leave and play for another team. If he decides to stay though, there will be room for both him and Cotch. No need to worry about that.

Real Deal Steel
01-20-2012, 11:55 AM

No flame from me bro. Your exactly right. When guys can't produce at the level required, give them season tickets for life but move them off of the team. This is nothing personal. Strictly buisness.

--- Added 1/20/2012 at 10:55 AM ---

I find it strange he's willing to return as # 4 receiver rather than looking for a team were he has a chance to start.

Ward is trying to hang on becuase he has a sense of family here. And I get that. But he's got to move on. Someone needs to have a behind the scenes discussion with him about retirement. He has to go get a real life now.

connecticutsteel
01-20-2012, 11:57 AM
That is music to my earhole hopefully they can get the money right. I HE COMES BACK IT MAY BE THE END OF wARDS tenure in the Steel city

tat2
01-20-2012, 11:59 AM
it's all good to say "i want to come back", but back that up in negotiations! remember fanaca wanted to come back but his asking price was too high.

connecticutsteel
01-20-2012, 12:00 PM
No flame from me bro. Your exactly right. When guys can't produce at the level required, give them season tickets for life but move them off of the team. This is nothing personal. Strictly buisness.

--- Added 1/20/2012 at 10:55 AM ---

Ward is trying to hang on becuase he has a sense of family here. And I get that. But he's got to move on. Someone needs to have a behind the scenes discussion with him about retirement. He has to go get a real life now.

Cotchery wants a ring that is why he will come back as a4th receiver plus he could beat out anyone on the team with the exception of brown for their spot

steelersbabex25
01-20-2012, 12:04 PM
it's all good to say "i want to come back", but back that up in negotiations! remember fanaca wanted to come back but his asking price was too high.

Faneca was still in the prime of his career at that time. He could get the money that he asking from the Steelers elsewhere. Hines is not going to be a big time WR anywhere else in the league.

Raleigh Steel
01-20-2012, 12:16 PM
hines should just retire. what more does he have to do? he won 2 super bowls, was an MVP in one of them, 1000 receptions and is the all-time WR is steelers history. time to go off into the sunset and enjoy the rest of your life. i love ya hines, but it's time to move on.

K Train
01-20-2012, 12:30 PM
k train says he would like cotchery to return as well

tat2
01-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Faneca was still in the prime of his career at that time. He could get the money that he asking from the Steelers elsewhere. Hines is not going to be a big time WR anywhere else in the league.

i wasn't referring to ward, he already said he wants to restructure and say. let's see if he wants to restructure enough.
cotchery will want more money. brown will need a new contract next year so i don't see alot left for cotchery.
how will it play out??
how much of a cut is ward willing to take?
how much will skillet hands wallace want?
how much will cotchery want?
how much will it take to resign brown next year?
it's very possible that ward, skillet and cotchery are someplace else next season!

Troyisabeast_43
01-20-2012, 02:57 PM
i wasn't referring to ward, he already said he wants to restructure and say. let's see if he wants to restructure enough.
cotchery will want more money. brown will need a new contract next year so i don't see alot left for cotchery.
how will it play out??
how much of a cut is ward willing to take?
how much will skillet hands wallace want?
how much will cotchery want?
how much will it take to resign brown next year?
it's very possible that ward, skillet and cotchery are someplace else next season!

There is no way the Steelers dont resign Mike Wallace and let him go. I believe Cotchery will be back as well and they will find a way to get that done. I love Hines as well and all he has done for the Steelers organization but I think it's time for the Steelers to move on once and for all...

LatrobePA
01-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Wallace will be back at the right price, keep in mind this team I believe isn't 100% sold on him yet... He's good not great!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2012, 07:53 PM
I think they are sold on him, he's going to be their top priority this offseason. Honestly he's the only one you really need to make sure you lock up thanks to taking care of business last offseason. I do think they are going to want to see him improve more in the intermediate routes though. That's as much gameplanning though as it is him catching the ball.

coach
01-21-2012, 08:31 PM

BA wanted to come back, too.:nono:

LevonKirkland99
01-21-2012, 10:20 PM

Hahahaha...still talking about the same ol' stuff... people, people, Hines and Cotchery don't make the whole Offense....

..Hines we wanna cut you, but don't go play for any other team...Hahahahahahahah

Yeah, bring Cotch, as I am dying to see more chicanery this year...

elephantman
01-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Wallace will be back at the right price, keep in mind this team I believe isn't 100% sold on him yet... He's good not great!

^your right, they aren't sold on him...nor am I, nor are most here on this board...But nobody questions Antonio Brown ....He has more an upside with less experience...its too bad Sanders was injured this yr as if he were 100%, we would know and be able to let WALLACE GO..he is SOFT.....I love Brown, Sanders ands Cotchery as the 1,2,3 receiver and see if we could get a #1 pick for Wallace.....I like wallace for his current price tag, but not the big bucks....Speed isnt worth his price tag

tburg68
01-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Ward needs to retire.
Bring back Cotchery if you can.
Wallace is good, resign him.

Second half decline for Wallace has
as much to do with horrible O Line
and Ben's health than anything.

jpele
01-22-2012, 11:56 AM
I think they give Wallace the highest RFA tender while working on a long term deal,if it don't get done we get a first for him. Brown will be a top priority but thats a year away.

I would take Cotchery over Ward but can't see cutting Ward in case Sanders has injury issues also I'm curious why Cotchery is willing to return as the #4 guy when there's a chance he could be a starter elsewhere.

LevonKirkland99
01-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Ward needs to retire.
Bring back Cotchery if you can.
Wallace is good, resign him.

Second half decline for Wallace has
as much to do with horrible O Line
and Ben's health than anything.

What if Ward wants to play for another team? Geez people, don't be selfish...last time I checked, you're not the ones who strap every Sunday for the Steelers.

Ward will get cut in a few weeks and will play with another team. LIVE with it...

tburg68
01-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Ward has the right to play for any team that wants him.
I just hope it isn't the Steelers.

Geez people.

elephantman
01-22-2012, 12:19 PM
What if Ward wants to play for another team? Geez people, don't be selfish...last time I checked, you're not the ones who strap every Sunday for the Steelers.

Ward will get cut in a few weeks and will play with another team. LIVE with it...

If ward plays for another team that has an Adequate Offense, I guarentee he grabs 40+ with 600 yards.....or take 1/2 those numbers and stay a steeler...he still can play, just that we have too many weapons to keep him, at ANY price IMO.