PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Arians may not return in 2012; try to keep your composure ;)

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians may not be back with the team in 2012. Since taking over as offensive coordinator in 2007, he's held the post ever since. The much maligned coordinator has raised the ire of the Steeler Nation on a regular basis throughout his tenure. Fans generally consider his play calling to be predictable and often times he's criticized for not exploiting the weakness of the defense enough.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/../blog/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gifThe Post Gazette broke the story (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12018/1204433-100.stm) Wednesday evening that Arians may not return, according to a source. The social media outlets went bonkers with retweets and Facebook chatter almost immediately. He could either retire or just leave the team to explore other options. Nothing is set in stone yet and Arians has not commented publicly on his future with the team since the loss in the wildcard round that ended the Steelers season.

At this point the Steeler Nation will have to curb it's enthusiasm until an official announcement comes down from the team or Arians himself. :greengrin: I've never been a huge fan of Arians offensive gameplan from week to week mainly because of the inconsistency of the offense. To be fair that comes down to player execution as well as play calling though too. He does have his drawbacks, there is no question about it, especially with his redzone playcalling and propensity to want to go deep rather than having Ben Roethlisberger look for the check downs more often. Arians allows Ben the freedom to audible deep when he thinks he has someone open, and even though Bruce loves to fire the ball downfield, it's not always the designed play at that given moment. He's got his good and bad points like anyone else, but being in the position he's been in and the struggles in the redzone this year, he may have just had enough.

Here's the article by Gerry Dulac of the PG:

The Steelers coaching staff could undergo its first major change in the Mike Tomlin era because offensive coordinator Bruce Arians might not return in 2012, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has learned.
Arians, 57, is in the final year of his contract with the Steelers, and it is unclear if he is retiring -- something he considered last year -- or not having his contract renewed.
Arians has been the offensive coordinator since Tomlin became head coach in 2007. He was told last week by Tomlin that he would return in 2012, and Tomlin even indicated as much in a press conference one day after the Steelers' playoff loss in Denver.
However, team president Art Rooney II indicated on Tuesday that some members of the coaching staff were considering retirement.

LatrobePA
01-18-2012, 09:09 PM
I feel like the giddy chicks on American Idol tonight!!

North Steel
01-18-2012, 09:20 PM
HOLLY ****:greenbounce2: He better not be ****ing with us:banana::crossfingers:Let there be a god

Zachintosh66
01-18-2012, 09:36 PM
didnt we go through this last year... wasnt there like a 10 hour period last year where we thought he was done?

best 10 hours of the year!

ben is prolly already on phone w him... just sayin

steelersbabex25
01-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Keep your composure..keep your composure.....

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYJCIOARENCUIREIVBNIRUEBVIURNFIUE WNFDUWENBCIUNERFIUCBERIVUBERIUVNUIREWNGIUYBTIUAEWN FIUNEFIUNCMNWEIUFDNIAEFNUINCIUERNFIURENFIUNEIRUTNQ IUNFIUWNFIUNVIWNERIUNGTIWRUNTYIUWNREYIUWRTNYIUWNER IUFNWIUCNWIERNFIUWNRFIWNRFTIUNFCIUNIUCNWIERNFWIERN TIWERNTIUWERNYIWRUNYIWRUENFKJECIUWNREIUNYTKLJREFKL JWDFJKLDSNGTIURENTIWUNTIRWE.

Even if he does end up coming back the hope is enough for me.

lloydfan4life
01-18-2012, 09:52 PM
i just got wood :yesnod:

:danceshout:

LatrobePA
01-18-2012, 10:02 PM
i just got wood :yesnod:

:danceshout:

I just got STEEL!

SteelCityKid5
01-18-2012, 10:07 PM
someone make sure Ben has NO way to contact Arians or the Steelers. Slash tires, unplug chords, shut down computers... I DO NOT CARE

Zachintosh66
01-18-2012, 10:13 PM
BA + Big Ben = Arian Brotherhood

Black@Gold Forever32
01-18-2012, 10:32 PM
BA + Big Ben = Arian Brotherhood

:lol:.....That is funny **** there.......

madtowndrunkard
01-18-2012, 10:43 PM
I was getting excited until I read that Tomlin told Arians he's back for 2012 right after the Denver loss. WTF Maybe Tomlin is the problem.

Goodfrom55
01-18-2012, 10:55 PM
(A). Nothing happens until it happens.

(B). Not playing devil's advocate here, but be careful what you wish for; you just might get it.

Steelers need a breath of fresh air n offense, a new philosophy, to ahem, "Go in a different direction".

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Right now all we have to go by is what the source told the Post Gazetter. It could just be hearsay or it could potentially real. Either way the Steelers shouldn't let this drag out very long. Once the season is over for everyone there will be teams looking to bring in more coaches and make changes.

I was getting excited until I read that Tomlin told Arians he's back for 2012 right after the Denver loss. WTF Maybe Tomlin is the problem.

That was Tomlin basically saying that he wanted to have both guys back next season and that he told them both they were welcome back. A couple days later Lebeau made it official that he was returning but we didn't really hear anything out of Arians since then.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Gdrjcdgkjdcmjdcbtdvmtbjj bada the bing and the boom. Kapeesh?

coldrolled
01-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Gdrjcdgkjdcmjdcbtdvmtbjj bada the bing and the boom. Kapeesh?

Im Schvitzen over here.. Kapeesh..... :banana:

DBR96A
01-18-2012, 11:54 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGKDFKGSDGVSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGD RLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJSDRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSD LKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDLSKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJ SDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSDVLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSD RJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLFJVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDG VSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGDRLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJS DRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSDLKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDL SKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJSDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSD VLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSDRJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLF JVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDGVSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGD RLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJSDRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSD LKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDLSKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJ SDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSDVLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSD RJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLFJVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDG VSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGDRLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJS DRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSDLKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDL SKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJSDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSD VLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSDRJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLF JVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDGVSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGD RLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJSDRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSD LKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDLSKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJ SDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSDVLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSD RJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLFJVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDG VSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGDRLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJS DRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSDLKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDL SKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJSDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSD VLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSDRJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLF JVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDGVSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGD RLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJSDRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSD LKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDLSKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJ SDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSDVLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSD RJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLFJVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDG VSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGDRLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJS DRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSDLKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDL SKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJSDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSD VLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSDRJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLF JVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDGVSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGD RLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJSDRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSD LKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDLSKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJ SDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSDVLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSD RJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLFJVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDG VSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGDRLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJS DRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSDLKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDL SKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJSDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSD VLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSDRJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLF JVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDGVSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGD RLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJSDRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSD LKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDLSKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJ SDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSDVLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSD RJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLFJVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDG VSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGDRLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJS DRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSDLKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDL SKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJSDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSD VLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSDRJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLF JVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDGVSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGD RLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJSDRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSD LKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDLSKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJ SDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSDVLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSD RJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLFJVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDG VSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGDRLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJS DRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSDLKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDL SKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJSDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSD VLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSDRJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLF JVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMGKDFKGSDGVSDKGSDRKGSDRLGLSDVGDLRGD RLVGJDRLVGJDRLGJLSDRGSGJSDRKLGLKVGJSDRLGHSDVLKGJSD LKVGSDKGSDJVGSDGJSDGJSVDLSKYJCKGJSDKLGJSDKLGJDKLGJ SDLGJSDLVGJSDKLGJSDLGTJSDVLGTSDFGSDJVGSDJGSDJVGLSD RJGSDVLKGJSDLGJSDTLHJTTLFJVHSJFLDJVTHTKLMJG!!!

:cope::greenbounce2::banana::clap:

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-18-2012, 11:59 PM
It's a great thought but I'll wait for it to be official before I get my wood or steel.

connecticutsteel
01-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Kirby Wilson is probably retiring .Hopefully BA is too.

Raleigh Steel
01-19-2012, 06:01 AM
noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! say it ain't so bruce!
i love watching his team kick field goals,
throw 25 we screens for 7 yards a game,
throw deep 20 times into double coverage,
turn into ash upon entering the red zone,
rely on the defense to hold teams to 9 points or fewer,
run mendenhall into a wall of defenders over and over and over again,
see something have a little success and then never used again,
see something fail and use it until the game ends,
watch my blood pressure reach stroke potential during games,
watch defenses that could stop a ****** high school offense hold us to 13 points,

i hope he stays our OC forever because we could never improve on such genius!

DIESELMAN
01-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Whether he returns or not, Arians and his wife are headed to Hawaii next week to take in the Pro Bowl as the guests of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, the paper notes.

There you have it guys, Ben will have 1 week to convince BA to come back for the 2012 season.

OldSchool58
01-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Perhaps we could help BA out by all going to his house while he and Ben are in Hawaii and packing up all his ****. I haven't been this excited since figured out how to get free Playboy channel on cable.:grin1:

Go 'Lers
01-19-2012, 07:05 AM
It's hit or miss with Arians, the blame is usually placed his way after a loss.

He may (and this may surprise people) not be as inept as many fans believe. BUT with talent like this that currently comprise our offensive roster we need a guy who can give us the best chance for another Super Bowl in the Roethlisberger era.

Think about, Roethlisberger will be remembered as one of the toughest qb's in the game. He's also going into his ninth year (yea, where did the time go?). Even though he has 5-6 more years he's not getting younger and we need another Lombardi for the trophy case before the window shuts for a few years!

Here We Go!

BR7
01-19-2012, 07:55 AM
I haven't been this excited since figured out how to get free Playboy channel on cable.:grin1:

:lol:

Would love to see him go to Baltimore, New England or Cincy.. they need any "help"??

LatrobePA
01-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Arians retiring?

Gerry Dulac of the Post-Gazette is reporting that Bruce Arians is strongly considering retirement.

If Dulac is reporting it, you can bet it came directly from Arians. The two are pretty close.

Most Steelers fans will rejoice at the news that Arians is considering retirement again - Ben Roethlisberger reportedly talked him out of it last year.

Quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner would be the in-staff replacement for the Steelers.

The team will also be searching for a replacement for running backs coach Kirby Wilson, who suffered burns over 45 percent of his body in a fire in his home earlier this month.

Wilson faces a long recovery before he's out of the woods with his injuries.

SteelDad
01-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Let's put this in perspective. Although you may not be willing to admit it, you know Ben would probably struggle next season under a completely new system. Sure, he could always do better too, but I'm not so sure. Therefore, if this is indeed true that BA is heading out to pasture, I have two names for you. First is the easy one. If Tomlin wants to keep things fairly status quo then QB coach Randy Fitchner will get the job. If Tomlin chooses to go more extreme, look for recently fired Colts' HC Jim Caldwell to get a look. He was Manning's QB coach and is a member of the Dungy tree like Tomlin.

Just food for thought.

Prosdo
01-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Don't tease me with these type of rumors... lol

UKSTEELER
01-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Got a nagging feeling Ben will talk him round again!

Raleigh Steel
01-19-2012, 09:13 AM
this might actually be out of ben's hands finally. this just might be a rooney family telling brucie that it's time to "retire"....maybe, just maybe....

LatrobePA
01-19-2012, 09:14 AM
I heard today on the radio that Ben has a best friend from high school that coached racing toads that's in the running if BA should retire!

SteelCityKid5
01-19-2012, 09:35 AM
I got this from pit.scout.com from Jim Wexell...it was a Q&A with Wex and someone asked this:

Do we have any young coaches on our staff who impress you? Ray Horton did a tremendous job in AZ and was being mentioned as a head-coaching candidate for the Rams. Do we have any candidates on the offensive staff that would keep the "consistency" and also improve the team’s production?

2. As for young coaches, that really is hard to gauge. I remember when I reported that TE coach Ken Whisenhunt was the OC-in-waiting a long time ago, and the last couple of years I’ve been told that Randy Fichtner is the top internal OC candidate. I worry about Fichtner’s youth and inexperience in a way I never did in former player Whisenhunt. However, Fichtner father is a revered coach and I know that’s help provide Fichtner with broad respect among his peers. He was a popular choice to return to Memphis (former OC whose spread offense from 2001-06 smashed school records) as the head coach. And perhaps the fact that Fichtner wasn’t hired for the job in December, a job he said he wanted, is part of the reason Arians is reportedly not coming back. Perhaps a deal was made with Tomlin then

Not sure how I feel about Fichtner. I see him being another "yes man" to Ben and he will likely yield the same results as BA.

I'd feel comfortable if the Steelers went after OC who already has had success ala Todd Haley.

UKSTEELER
01-19-2012, 09:35 AM
I heard today on the radio that Ben has a best friend from high school that coached racing toads that's in the running if BA should retire!

We'd need a new QB coach too if that was the case, how about TOAD Blackledge?

. . . . I'll get my coat . . . . !:greengrin:

SteelDad
01-19-2012, 10:22 AM
I got this from pit.scout.com from Jim Wexell...it was a Q&A with Wex and someone asked this:

Do we have any young coaches on our staff who impress you? Ray Horton did a tremendous job in AZ and was being mentioned as a head-coaching candidate for the Rams. Do we have any candidates on the offensive staff that would keep the "consistency" and also improve the teamís production?

2. As for young coaches, that really is hard to gauge. I remember when I reported that TE coach Ken Whisenhunt was the OC-in-waiting a long time ago, and the last couple of years Iíve been told that Randy Fichtner is the top internal OC candidate. I worry about Fichtnerís youth and inexperience in a way I never did in former player Whisenhunt. However, Fichtner father is a revered coach and I know thatís help provide Fichtner with broad respect among his peers. He was a popular choice to return to Memphis (former OC whose spread offense from 2001-06 smashed school records) as the head coach. And perhaps the fact that Fichtner wasnít hired for the job in December, a job he said he wanted, is part of the reason Arians is reportedly not coming back. Perhaps a deal was made with Tomlin then

Not sure how I feel about Fichtner. I see him being another "yes man" to Ben and he will likely yield the same results as BA.

I'd feel comfortable if the Steelers went after OC who already has had success ala Todd Haley.

I agree that Fitchner could be a little green as OC, but I'm willing to take the risk seeing as BA usually makes me puke green.

LatrobePA
01-19-2012, 10:24 AM
The spread offense worries me....

OldSchool58
01-19-2012, 11:34 AM

The highschool my son plays for here is the only run team in the conference. Every other team has some version of the spread. We consistantly beat them every Friday night just running out of the power-I. We average about 6 pass plays per game and run a 4-2-5 defense (like TCU) and have outscored our opponents at least 265 to 72 for the past 7 years and have racked up 7 straight conference titles.

Yeah, I know there is a difference in high school and professional football. The point is, the spread was once effective but there are ways to shut it down. **** on the spread offense, it's days are over. We need to get back to the Steelers roots and POUND THE DAMN FOOTBALL.:helmet:

LatrobePA
01-19-2012, 11:37 AM
We need to get back to the Steelers roots and POUND THE DAMN FOOTBALL.:helmet:

I like this:

CowherPower
01-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Word on the street is that if Arians were to not return, that Randy Fichtner would be the most likely candidate to take over if they stay in house. You have to wonder how much of an Arians influence he has. However being that he is Ben's QB coach he'll definitely have a good rapport with him.

DIESELMAN
01-19-2012, 12:27 PM
According to "sources" Kirby Wilson was next in line for the OC position. Because of his injuries, the Steelers will look outside the organization to fill the OC position if BA doesn't come back.

Real Deal Steel
01-19-2012, 12:30 PM
didnt we go through this last year... wasnt there like a 10 hour period last year where we thought he was done?

best 10 hours of the year!

ben is prolly already on phone w him... just sayin

I want the bum out of here. He's a cornball and we need to go after Todd Haley as soon as possible.

chisteeler
01-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Word on the street is that if Arians were to not return, that Randy Fichtner would be the most likely candidate to take over if they stay in house. You have to wonder how much of an Arians influence he has. However being that he is Ben's QB coach he'll definitely have a good rapport with him.

If Arians leaves and Fichtner steps in, then maybe he'll have the mentality that is of "Thank God he's gone, now I can call plays that actually set up other plays that actually score points and incorporate a true fullback into the system." Also if this pans out this way, it could be good, since he will know what works well and expand and improve on it and what doesn't and cut it from the offensive scheme.
But, who knows?:thinking:

LatrobePA
01-19-2012, 12:34 PM
According to "sources" Kirby Wilson was next in line for the OC position. Because of his injuries, the Steelers will look outside the organization to fill the OC position if BA doesn't come back.

I feel for Kirby, but I personally would much rather 1) BA retires, 2) We go outside for some fresh blood..

Real Deal Steel
01-19-2012, 12:34 PM
That's what I"m talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Getting a fullback back into the offense so the running game can be atleast 50% of the offense again. And a fullback to help
protect my QB too!

Speeed
01-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Me too - too many defensive players, especially safeties, easily read the plays and can potentially have a field day picking off passes. Too predictable.

Real Deal Steel
01-19-2012, 02:41 PM
If a guy has retirement so much on his mind the last two years, why are we keeping him around? He clearly has one foot out the door and isn't as dedicated enough to us as we'd like him to be. He needs to be dismissed just on general principle because of that.

Man up and fire him Tomlin!!!

LatrobePA
01-19-2012, 02:56 PM
If a guy has retirement so much on his mind the last two years, why are we keeping him around? He clearly has one foot out the door and isn't as dedicated enough to us as we'd like him to be. He needs to be dismissed just on general principle because of that.

Man up and fire him Tomlin!!!

The SB win and run last year is the only thing that kept him his job! It's time to let this shitbag slide away into the sewer systems!!

JollyRob68
01-19-2012, 02:56 PM
I was thinking that Tomlin might want Brad Childress as OC. I asked before so I'll ask again CHildress,Haley, Hue JAckson, Randy Fichtner or Jim Tressell?

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-19-2012, 03:14 PM
I was thinking that Tomlin might want Brad Childress as OC. I asked before so I'll ask again CHildress,Haley, Hue JAckson, Randy Fichtner or Jim Tressell?

Lmao at tresell. im a buckeye fan and I have had enough of his conservative offense. I want Todd haley. Just look what he did with the cardinals offense a few years back. I also think it would be helpful to Ben to be chewed out on the sideline every once in a while when he makes a mistake instead of BA's "we'll gettem next time" mentality.

LatrobePA
01-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Tressell is the worst playcaller on the planet, no way!

Stone
01-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Just heard that Arians might be riding off into the sunset!

I might just have a renewed love for the Steelers:)

steelspikes
01-19-2012, 04:57 PM
There you have it guys, Ben will have 1 week to convince BA to come back for the 2012 season.

Beginning to think that Ben has psych issues such as self-hate, or masochism....or maybe it's just that Arians is the permissive parent who lets Ben do whatever the hell he wants to.
Anyway, I've been telling SA readers since the end of the season to listen to MT's final press conference, in which Tomlin clearly does not rule out the possibility of change.
Honestly, can't see how MT could be satisfied with offensive production. Arians' (and MT's )1rst year, 2007, Steelers averaged 25 pts. per game. By 2011 that number had shrunk to 20 ppg.

Real Deal Steel
01-19-2012, 05:59 PM
HALEY OR HUE JACKSON!!!!