PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin's father passes away from heart attack

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Losing a father is one of the most traumatic experiences a person can go through. Many fans maybe were not aware that Ed Tomlin was the father of Mike Tomlin, consequently it hits home a little bit more for everyone. All of us at SteelerAddicts.com express our deepest condolences to Coach Tomlin and his family as they deal with this tragedy.

Ed Tomlin, a longtime civil rights activist and former president of the Marion County NAACP, died suddenly on Monday. He was 63.

His son, Mike Tomlin, is the current head football coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers, who could not be reached for comment.

At Hampton, Tomlin majored in chemistry and later developed a chemical formula used to paint bicycle frames so they would reflect light at night. Tomlin and a friend formed their own paint business, according to Tomlin’s sister, Alice.

Ed Tomlin returned to Ocala in the mid-1990s where he worked as a business manager for various Ocala businesses, including as assistant warehouse manager at ClosetMaid.
He also soon became involved in the community.

“He had so many good qualities about him. He cared about the important things in life. His legacy will go beyond his leadership with the NAACP. He genuinely cared about young people and cared about his faith,” Jenkins said. “He was a guy that a lot of us are going to miss.”

Tomlin is survived by five sisters, a brother and two sons. Between them, he and Mazella have seven children and 16 grandchildren.

steelersbabex25
01-17-2012, 10:19 PM
"Father." Still a difficult time for Tomlin I'm sure, but from what I've read his biological father was never in his life. Still though, :pray: for him and his family.

LatrobePA
01-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Sad sad news, sorry for your loss Mike!

CowherPower
01-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Prayers and good thoughts go out to Coach and his family.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-17-2012, 11:32 PM
RIP..thoughts and prayers go out where ever they are needed

tat2
01-18-2012, 11:21 AM
prayers and condolences

DIESELMAN
01-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Prayers out to Tomlin and his family.

SteelDad
01-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Losing your father sucks. Been there done that. Best wishes to Coach Tomlin.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm dreading the day when my dad passes away, he's in his late 70's now and still going strong for the most part thankfully. Even if he wasn't that close to his dad it'll still be rough for Tomlin in the coming weeks.

Real Deal Steel
01-19-2012, 12:33 PM
I lost my father over 6 years ago. I still think of him very, very often. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Tomlin family.

JollyRob68
01-19-2012, 02:58 PM
So SOrry for his loss.RIP.

Scorp
01-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Prayers and thoughts for the entire family. God rest his soul.