PDA

View Full Version : Art Rooney hints at a few Steelers coaches retiring

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2012, 04:41 PM
In an interview today (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12017/1204097-100.stm), Art Rooney II touched on a number of subjects about his team this offseason. One of which was the fact that some coaches on Mike Tomlin's staff are considering retirement, but at this point he did not speculate which ones.

Any guesses from you guys on who might be going? And don't just say Bruce Arians cuz he sucks..LOL

Ibleedblk&gld
01-17-2012, 04:45 PM
BA b/c he sucks

LatrobePA
01-17-2012, 04:57 PM
BA b/c he sucks

Ditto but I'll go one further: he sucks ***!

Raleigh Steel
01-17-2012, 05:06 PM
actually he somehow sucks and blows at the same time!

MattyVfromCT
01-17-2012, 05:08 PM
well BA DID consider retirement last year. hopefully he decides to go through with it this time WITHOUT tomlin and ben talking the idiot out of it........

BR7
01-17-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm still in shock no one has come to take away (as Phill Simms says) a future head coach from us... Surely some team wants a below average, unimaginative, under achieving, crayon scribbling HC.

<-----------

UKSTEELER
01-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Bunting check, shampers:banana: check, heck might even have a day off work!

Please Bruce do the honorouble thing!

LatrobePA
01-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Maybe Phil can come take this fool away! Keep your mouth shut Ben this stool sample needs cut!

coldrolled
01-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Well.... DL is old. so he fits the bill.

and BA may have been told he is not getting resigned, so retirement is a good way to leave and possibly get a new job sometime down the road with a high school...

LatrobePA
01-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Well.... DL is old. so he fits the bill.

and BA may have been told he is not getting resigned, so retirement is a good way to leave and possibly get a new job sometime down the road with a high school...

Everything I can cross is crossed!

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-17-2012, 05:59 PM
PLEASE JESUS....LET BA RETIRE!!!

LatrobePA
01-17-2012, 06:09 PM
PLEASE TEBOW....LET BA RETIRE!!!

Fixed it:

OldSchool58
01-17-2012, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=BlitzburghRockCity And don't just say Bruce Arians cuz he sucks..LOL[/QUOTE]

Well that kinda takes away anything I can add to this discussion. BTW, BA sucks.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Somehow I knew that would get a ton of responses..LOL.

Since Lebeau says he's coming back, that takes him out of the equation.

John Mitchell has been in the league 18 years, and is the assistant HC.

James Daniel, the TE coach is 57

Al Everest, the ST coach has been coaching football since the mid 70's.

Everyone else is still pretty young so I'd probably say it's coming down to those guys in terms of age/length of time in the league.

lloydfan4life
01-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Since Lebeau says he's coming back, that takes him out of the equation.

John Mitchell has been in the league 18 years, and is the assistant HC.

James Daniel, the TE coach is 57

Al Everest, the ST coach has been coaching football since the mid 70's.

... you forgot one.....

Bruce Arians (60), the offensive coordinator, and he sucks. :OA02:

:stirpot:

steelersbabex25
01-17-2012, 08:50 PM
:pray: Bruce Arians Bruce Arians Bruce Ariana

Black@Gold Forever32
01-17-2012, 08:57 PM
I bet its Mitchell I remember an article a few years ago saying he only wanted to coach a few more years...Would be a huge loss since Mitchell had a hand in making players out of Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, Chris Hoke.........Most of the time Mitchell didn't have high picks to work with along the DL......Casey Hampton, Ziggy Hood, and Cam Heyward are the few DL that were taken in the first round in the Mitchell era.......

North Steel
01-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Some how I don't think it's going to be Bruce Arians.I think the torture will continue and we'll have to put up with this dirt bag again.:2guns:but i really really hope I'm wrong.:crossfingers:

connecticutsteel
01-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Well Kirby Wilson may have to retire he won't be coaching any time soon

Granite State Steel
01-18-2012, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=UKSTEELER;476513]Bunting check, shampers:banana: check, heck might even have a day off work!

Bunting, shampers? Please help me out.

steelspikes
01-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Been telling people that Arians got no solid endorsement from MT in his final press conference. But now that MT's dad has died, there will be no changes announced for at least 2-3 weeks. R.I.P. to MT's dad.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2012, 11:55 AM
I bet its Mitchell I remember an article a few years ago saying he only wanted to coach a few more years...Would be a huge loss since Mitchell had a hand in making players out of Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, Chris Hoke.........Most of the time Mitchell didn't have high picks to work with along the DL......Casey Hampton, Ziggy Hood, and Cam Heyward are the few DL that were taken in the first round in the Mitchell era.......

That's kind of what I'm thinking as well. He's been both Cowhers and Tomlin's right hand man for so long and deserves as much credit as Dick Lebeau for the Steelers defensive line.

Honestly, Arians has been quiet since the offseason began and he did contemplate retirement a couple years ago. You have to wonder if he's just ready to move on. I suspect not but I wouldn't be shocked either way.

LatrobePA
01-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Come on BA move on, it's time to go f**k something else up...

TampaSteelGirl
01-18-2012, 12:09 PM
actually he somehow sucks and blows at the same time!

:yesnod: :yellowthumb:

SteelDad
01-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Have to believe it is mitchell and potentially everest.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2012, 01:10 PM
We can't underestimate the impact that Everest has had on this team. For years the special teams have been at best average and many times just downright bad. coach Everest has brought this unit into a legitimate positive force for the Steelers. The emergence of Antonio Brown in the return game. The the solid coverage teams, it's all thanks to the players hard work and Everest's special teams genius.

I would hate to see the ST go back to a merry go round of coaches and inconsistent play.

cmerrifield
01-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Mitchell wouldnt be the end of the world I think. Smith could just take over, or play another year and mostly coach and take a play a few snaps a game. Also, if we move away from the oversized NT and move to more like Hood, a new DLine coach could make that easier.