PDA

View Full Version : Highlight and Lowlight of 2011 Steelers season

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2012, 01:36 AM
It was a crazy year, a year where not everything went as planned, obviously. Still though there were some exciting games, milestones that were conquered, and plays that made your jaw drop as you waved your terrible towel.

There were also plays that made you want to faint dead away after you smashed your remote in the wall hung your head in disgust.

What's your best and worst memories about this season?

Highlight, I'll name a couple off the top of my head as I write this now:

Ben coming back into the Cleveland game after getting his ankle twisted into a pretzel. I honestly don't know if I remember a time where I had bigger goosebumps as a Steelers fan than watching that. (well except maybe the super bowl wins).

Lowlight would be seeing Ben get sandwiched and his ankle bending in ways it never should. We all thought he was done.

Another low point was the epic 92 yd drive of doom by the Ravens at Heinz Field with 2 minutes left, that really put the Steelers behind the 8ball the rest of the season. That one will haunt me for a long time to come.

DBR96A
01-17-2012, 06:29 AM
Highlight: the month of October.

Lowlight: the month of January.

papabaier
01-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Highlight was the terrific game beating NE.:lol:
Low light was all the blown coaching, most notably the mis-handling of Ben's injury. Cost Steelers a deep run in the playoffs.:cursin:

LatrobePA
01-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Pats, AZ, blow out Cinci game are the only 3 highlights for me, the rest were duds!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2012, 02:28 PM
The Patriots win was so awesome, being there in person and chanting "BRADY" and "CHEATER" with the crowd was an absolute blast!!

CowherPower
01-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Low light was all the blown coaching, most notably the mis-handling of Ben's injury. Cost Steelers a deep run in the playoffs.:cursin:

Isn't that the case every year? I'm so tired of getting an ulcer watching this team everytime they go into some 2 minute drill at the end of the half or late in games. It's like watching some retarded circus gone horribly wrong.

LatrobePA
01-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Another 17 game lowlight: Turning on the game and seeing BA on the sidelines, I puked 6 times this season (per game)!

Raleigh Steel
01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
the highlight for me was the cincy game at home where all 3 phases of the team showed up at once. been soooo long since we've seen that.

lowlight(s) were the games against indy, jax, clev, kc, and clev. all 4 teams were terrible, and all 4 teams had the ball in their hands driving for the winning touchdown. our offense was so inept against these brutally bad teams it made me want to jam scissors into my eyes just to experience something better.

Nolrog
01-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Highlight is the beating of NE.

Lowlight, first game where we turned it over 7 times and the last game where we let a mediocre (at best) QB pass all over us.

CowherPower
01-19-2012, 12:43 PM
That Baltimore game in week 1 was a complete disaster and the most epic fail excuse for a performance that I think I've ever seen out of the Steelers. Both games against the Ravens were a lowlight this year.

Highlight also was the nice performance by Jonathan Dwyer in that Titans game. 1st carry goes for 70+ yds!