Round 2 Josh chapman NT OTHERS Ta'amu/A Cole
Round 3 Andrew Datko LT
Round 4 Amini Silatolu OG
Round 5 Casey Hayward CB
Round 6 Ryan lindley QB
Round 7 pick um

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Seems like more and more people are on the Hightower bandwagon for the Steelers.

JensK
01-23-2012, 08:04 PM
I like Konz a lot to the Steelers. While it obviously is not as flashy a pick as picking an ILB or something along those lines, the pick just makes sense. Not much else to say there really.

JollyRob68
01-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Konz,Hightower,Vontaze Burfict

cmerrifield
01-24-2012, 10:07 AM
The more I think about it the more I want OL in the first as long as its not a reach. A new OC and a decent line that can both pass and run block= who cares if the defense gives up 20+ points a game, we should be scoring 30. I still think Sly to Mack and Timmons moves to buck and ILB problem solved.

Real Deal Steel
01-24-2012, 07:39 PM
I know that we neeeed to address the O-line big time in this draft. But can we afford to pass on Poe for the nose tackle position? Hampton is soo done that it's not funny and
Poe at 6'3 350 is an natural nose tackle for the 3-4 defense.

JensK
01-24-2012, 07:52 PM
I know that we neeeed to address the O-line big time in this draft. But can we afford to pass on Poe for the nose tackle position? Hampton is soo done that it's not funny and

We have two players who can play that position decently enough. I'm not saying its not a need, but keeping Big Ben just somewhat alive is far more important.

connecticutsteel
01-25-2012, 09:17 AM

We can afford to pass on the kung fu panda (that's what i call him) Josh Chapman and Alameda Ta'amu are better 3-4 NT then poe but we have Mclendon too he coming along. I feel like we need to draft 2 or 3 O-linemen and fix the line can you imagine if we had a solid running game this year we would have been playing the Giants or at least 14 -2

Real Deal Steel
01-25-2012, 02:01 PM
We can afford to pass on the kung fu panda (that's what i call him) Josh Chapman and Alameda Ta'amu are better 3-4 NT then poe but we have Mclendon too he coming along. I feel like we need to draft 2 or 3 O-linemen and fix the line can you imagine if we had a solid running game this year we would have been playing the Giants or at least 14 -2

My problem is that we shouldn't just "get by" at nose tackle. The lack of pressure up the middle is allowing the pressure off othe ends to be double teamed. Getting that pressure up the middle will help our DE's and the outside pressure to get sacks and help the secondary.

But I hear ya. We have to protect Ben too. Man....if all we could do is fix the lines the way we want to this off-season, we could very well find ourselves in the Super Bowl
next year.

Real Deal Steel
01-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Hoke just retired,

Nose tackle position is at red alert now in my opinion.

connecticutsteel
01-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Let's assume that Hampton is cut then i think it would be red alert time but Hoke no red alert cause we have McLendon and Hood capable of playing nose . In fact i hope that the front three is Kiesel Hood Heyward next year.