PDA

View Full Version : After watching the playoffs, more convinced Coaching has to change!!

tburg68
01-15-2012, 04:02 PM
The Steelers Offensive & Defensive game plans, and in game adjustments were questionable at best, and downright atrocious in many instances.

Without any actual Coaching changes, I'm not confident next year will be much better.

Nolrog
01-15-2012, 04:21 PM
I agree that the game plans were poor. I thought that the day of the game. But we were misshing a lot of key players and others were hobbled.

First and foremost, we need to stay healthy next year. Though we're already behind the 8 ball for the 2012 season with the ACLs we had this past year.

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 04:47 PM
While Tomlin is here so will Bruce, he's to big of a pussy to make a change!

OldSchool58
01-15-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm tired of waiting till "next" year.....
It's a seriously sucky situation when the next generation of Steeler fans has to settle for this new standard of sub-par football. The Steeler tradition and Steeler Nation is being shat upon by the current coaching staff from top to bottom.

nuclearchihuahuas
01-15-2012, 08:49 PM
It's a seriously sucky situation when the next generation of Steeler fans has to settle for this new standard of sub-par football. The Steeler tradition and Steeler Nation is being shat upon by the current coaching staff from top to bottom.

I felt like this year was doomed from the start. Now, after that 12-4 season and going to the playoffs that ended so badly I feel like Charlie Brown with Lucy holding the football. I hope she (meaning BA) doesn't get the chance to pull the ball away next year.:banging:

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 09:06 PM
The 12-4 record was misleading, this team stunk all season except maybe 3 games..

Tomlin wasted NO time keeping his stiff *** staff, douchebag!

HUNT4SEVEN
01-16-2012, 12:01 AM
The Steelers Offensive & Defensive game plans, and in game adjustments were questionable at best, and downright atrocious in many instances.

Without any actual Coaching changes, I'm not confident next year will be much better.

I've been saying this for a long time,the schemes have been with us for 19 years since 92,so until they change schemes we will have the same results year in and year out.

steelers75
01-16-2012, 12:43 AM

Yeah, 3 division championships, 2 Lamar Hunt Trophies and a Lombardi Trophy in the last 5 years. How Steelers Nation has suffered so with such a ****** excuse for a football team.

Jesus H. Christ.

Moondog
01-16-2012, 01:53 AM
The 12-4 record was misleading, this team stunk all season except maybe 3 games..Tomlin wasted NO time keeping his stiff *** staff, douchebag!

I agree and the Steelers were lucky they had a weak schedule or they would not have even been in the playoffs.

SteelerRush
01-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Get the defense healthy and fix the O-line and we won't be having this conversation about coaches. We have the talent on this team on both sides of the ball to hang with anyone in this league with the exception of a very good O-line. Our line is not bad but were not good enough either.

steelchamp204
01-16-2012, 04:20 AM

3 superbowl appearences in 7 years. Ill take that. I think Tomlin needs to become more of a leader type coach but remember he is still young. But changes do have to be made and until they happen Tomlin will be the one to blame. Specially if we bring back BA

NYCsteelersfan
01-16-2012, 04:35 AM
3 superbowl appearences in 7 years. Ill take that.

I think the league has drastically changed over the last two seasons and I don't see this current Steelers team (players and coaches) going back to the Superbowl for a long time.

Look how insignificant running backs have become. Look how much time quarterbacks have in the pocket. Look at the high scoring offenses. We're in big trouble.

steelchamp204
01-16-2012, 04:46 AM
I think the league has drastically changed over the last two seasons and I don't this current Steelers team (players and coaches) going back to the Superbowl for a long time.

Look how insignificant running backs have become. Look how much time quarterbacks have in the pocket. Look at the high scoring offenses. We're in big trouble.

I know. But its a copycat league. Im sure if a couple of teams start getting back to running the ball maybe 40/60 a game and have good success kind of like we had back a few years back. Things will change. But in order for that to happen, it starts with the line. Im not saying that this is gnna happen right away. I think the passing and high tempo offense is gonna be around for another few years. Its not gonna be like that forver though. I dont think we are in that much of trouble. I think the lack of using our TE's more frequently is causing our offense to sputter. We have a all around tight end in Heath and a athletic,fast and big bodied TE in Saunders. If we would get away from the WR screens and maybe run some more HB screens also I think that will help our offense. This will all come in time though when we get a new OC. Hopefully sometime soon.

NYCsteelersfan
01-16-2012, 04:53 AM
I know. But its a copycat league. Im sure if a couple of teams start getting back to running the ball maybe 40/60 a game and have good success kind of like we had back a few years back.

It hasn't become a pass happy league randomly. And it hasn't become a pass happy league simply because a majority of teams have decided to become pass happy. It has become pass happy because the NFL has created new rules as well as ordering the non-enforcement or enforcement of previous rules in order to bring about pass happiness. And the league has done this in order to maintain the popularity of the NFL amongst casual fans. This isn't going to change for a long time. As a matter of fact, it could even get worse.

steelchamp204
01-16-2012, 04:57 AM
It hasn't become a pass happy league randomly. And it hasn't become a pass happy league simply because a majority of teams have decided to become pass happy. It has become pass happy because the NFL has created new rules as well as ordering the non-enforcement or enforcement of previous rules in order to bring about pass happiness. And the league has done this in order to maintain the popularity of the NFL amongst casual fans. This isn't going to change for a long time. As a matter of fact, it could even get worse.

I will say this though, the NFL out of all the sports you can think of has got to be the most inconsistant sport I have ever seen. Between holding calls, Missed holding calls, hands to the face, Helmet to helmet which I saw during the ravens game today that wasnt called, PI. It is just very frustrating to watch sometimes.

coldrolled
01-16-2012, 08:29 AM
The FO is screwing this up. we have a **** for OC and our DC is getting old. He thinks our old D players are fast, because he is 75.

Time to change gears or we will be fighting for 4th place with the browns.

Nolrog
01-16-2012, 11:17 AM
I think the league has drastically changed over the last two seasons and I don't see this current Steelers team (players and coaches) going back to the Superbowl for a long time.

The league hasn't changed as much as you think it has. Three of the 4 teams left in the playoffs are good defensive teams, the Rats and the 9ers also run the ball well.

The NO, GB high scoring offense and neither made it to the championship game, let alone the Super Bowl.

--- Added 1/16/2012 at 09:17 AM ---

Time to change gears or we will be fighting for 4th place with the browns.

LOL. That's just absurd. You need to step off the ledge. We still have a number of excellent players on both sides of the ball. Many were injured and we still nearly won the division.

LatrobePA
01-16-2012, 11:47 AM
I could see us fighting at the bottom soon! Bungals are here to stay..

coldrolled
01-16-2012, 01:20 PM
The league hasn't changed as much as you think it has. Three of the 4 teams left in the playoffs are good defensive teams, the Rats and the 9ers also run the ball well.

The NO, GB high scoring offense and neither made it to the championship game, let alone the Super Bowl.

--- Added 1/16/2012 at 09:17 AM ---

LOL. That's just absurd. You need to step off the ledge. We still have a number of excellent players on both sides of the ball. Many were injured and we still nearly won the division.

We have great players and a crappy designed offense. we need to upgrade our coaches fast. i love all our players. never talk them down ever. except the kicker and 85

UKSTEELER
01-16-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't buy into this, . . you've got to be a great passing team to succeed, load of tosh, a couple of our more impressive games this season, ie Seattle and Patriots, we had a nicely balanced attack with good yardage on the ground.

There were several games where we didn't bother with it and failed badly or just eeked out wins thanks to the Defense!!

We have the personel on offense, need a few new lineman, but that's it . . . there is no excuse for Arians next season, he needs to wise up, but he won't, I'm afarid we won't be winning another SB until he's departed. Book it.:rant2:

Troyisabeast_43
01-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Tomlin needs to step up and make changes and not hold onto guys like Farrior and Ward just because he likes them and they are vets. The lack of discipline on this team as well in terms of penalties and the tweeting and off the field stuff need to be taken care of as well which is a bad reflection on Tomlin as well. Im with people in saying that Arians needs to go and the play calling has to get better and Tomlin needs to get this offensive line addressed once and for all and got stabilize the left tackle position. Because if it doesnt Ben is going to continue to get hit and his chances of being injured are going to increase a great deal...

LevonKirkland99
01-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Still no changes to coaching? Wow, nice work there Tomlin, I guess I'll look for more of the same in 2012!!

tburg68
01-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Two schools of thought that are stupid:

1. Steelers success is great so don't do anything to get better.

2. Steelers suck so blow up everything.

Coaching philosophies need to change some to join the present day NFL.
Some personnel upgrades need to be made every year, a team that isn't
looking to upgrade personnel with soon have a crappy team.