PDA

View Full Version : Fire Arians, hire Todd Haley as new OC

Callax
01-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Since a lot of people (including myself) do not think that BA is a good OC and he is still around due to Big Ben's Pleading to keep him here, say goodbye to BA and pull in Haley as his replacement... he is a Pitt guy, his father used to be a steeler player and coach. He has shown he does and can make adjustments unlike Arians and the Denver game is PRIME example of non-midgame adjustments....

what do all of you people think???

steelchamp204
01-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Id rather have Shotty than Haley. Shot made Sanchez look like a pretty decent Qb and seeing alot of Jets games. I think he called pretty good games. I knw the stats dont show it but anyone at this time will due compared to bringing BA back. I still think Ben is gonna plea his case AGAIN for BA and he will be back. I hope Im wrong

Nolrog
01-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Id rather have Shotty than Haley. Shot made Sanchez look like a pretty decent Qb and seeing alot of Jets games.

Brian Schottenheimer was so bad, they ran him out of town (I live in NJ and work like 3 miles from the Jet complex.) If there's anyone worse than BA, you found him. He did things like, 67 passes with a suspect QB against a team with an average (at best) running defense.

In addition, Sanchez looks like a terrible QB. Unpreparred, making poor decisions and not improving from last year. Many Jet fans are ready to run him out of town as well.

coldrolled
01-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Brian Schottenheimer was so bad, they ran him out of town (I live in NJ and work like 3 miles from the Jet complex.) If there's anyone worse than BA, you found him.

In addition, Sanchez looks like a terrible QB. Unpreparred, making poor decisions and not improving from last year. Many Jet fans are ready to run him out of town as well.

Last year in the afccg shotty was a mastrermind chess playing football genius of an OC??

Sanchez and Holmes are their down fall on offense this year. whos the running back?

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 01:55 PM
It'll never happen! Tomlin doesn't want change!!

steelchamp204
01-15-2012, 01:56 PM
It'll never happen! Tomlin doesn't want change!!

agreed, thats why Im not getting excited about this offseason. Farrior will prob be back starting also. I wouldnt be shocked.

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 02:01 PM
agreed, thats why Im not getting excited about this offseason. Farrior will prob be back starting also. I wouldnt be shocked.

It's a shame really! The defense is old the offense planning sucks but who cares Tomlin is in charge and doesn't want change!

steelchamp204
01-15-2012, 02:05 PM
It's a shame really! The defense is old the offense planning sucks but who cares Tomlin is in charge and doesn't want change!

I just dont get why not enough blame goes on Tomlin. For talking the talk, but not really doing preperation well. Standing on the sideline like a deer in the headlights. Also why Ben doesnt get more **** for lobbying to bring arians back. Im not talking about this seaosn. But seasons past. I wouldnt be suprised if he does it this year to.

LevonKirkland99
01-15-2012, 02:08 PM
No Texans game day thread? :)

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm blaming Tomlin now! He's an idiot with some fancy talking to fool people into believing in him!

LevonKirkland99
01-15-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm blaming Tomlin now! He's an idiot with some fancy talking to fool people into believing in him!

:cope:

NYCsteelersfan
01-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Since a lot of people (including myself) do not think that BA is a good OC and he is still around due to Big Ben's Pleading to keep him here

This is a cop out for Tomlin. Roethlisberger doesn't own or coach the team. Arians is still here because Tomlin is pathetic.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Haley is an *******, dont know if he'd help or hurt Ben

Zachintosh66
01-15-2012, 02:43 PM
if we got new OC (but wont happ), i dont want Martz, or Haley or Schotty. I want an OC who runs 2012 NFL football... We have the QB and WR's to open it up.

The days of the Feature Power Back are dead. Ben is at his best moving in pocket and running no-huddle, thats what i want to see...

any other kind of offense wont work bc there isnt many feature backs left in the NFL and if we dont change our offense we will still be playing catch up to the likes of NE, GB, NO, Det, NYG hell even Hou when Schawb is healthy. 2/3rds of the teams in the NFL scored more pts than us. Our offense was the second to last scoring offense that made the playoffs (Den).

Get with the now...

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 02:47 PM

And Bruce sucks *******s!

DIESELMAN
01-15-2012, 03:44 PM
The reason Ben lobbies for BA to stay is, Ben would have to change his style of play. A new OC would bring change that Ben doesn't want. Get the OL problems fixed, keep
Ben in the pocket where Ben has time to drop back and go through his progressions, he would be able to pick a defense apart by utilizing all his receivers. There is not one WR/TE on our roster that doesn't have the ability to turn a 5 yard reception into a 20-30+ yard gain. That would also help fix our RZ problems.

OldSchool58
01-15-2012, 03:45 PM
The days of the Feature Power Back are dead.

Get with the now...

Have to disagree, respectfully. Without a decent running game NO NFL team is a complete package. Give me back the days when we lined up, told the defense what play we were gonna run, and dare them to stop it.

Fire Arians, fix the O-line, and get back to STEELER football. And I know you guys won't like it but here it is.......If big Ben doesn't like it, send his *** packing too. He's not a coach or owner, he's a player.

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Ben makes the oline look bad! A new OC with new plays would make the oline shine!!

steelchamp204
01-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Have to disagree, respectfully. Without a decent running game NO NFL team is a complete package. Give me back the days when we lined up, told the defense what play we were gonna run, and dare them to stop it.

Fire Arians, fix the O-line, and get back to STEELER football. And I know you guys won't like it but here it is.......If big Ben doesn't like it, send his *** packing too. He's not a coach or owner, he's a player.

I agree. Look at the impact Vonte Leech had for the Ravens run game this year. Kinda makes you miss Kreider blocking the way for our backs back in the day. I wish we would get a true fullback and go to running the ball and controlling the clock again with Ben throwing for about 25 times a game.

Nolrog
01-15-2012, 04:18 PM
The days of the Feature Power Back are dead.

Rumors of that death are greatly exaggerated. As soon as one team builds that kind of offense and starts thumping these high powered offenses, the whole league will shift back.

--- Added 1/15/2012 at 02:18 PM ---

Ben makes the oline look bad! A new OC with new plays would make the oline shine!!

The OLine looks bad because it is bad. Ben holds the ball way too long and takes sacks that he should look to avoid, but teams are able to get really good pressure and sacks rushing 3 and 4 against our 5 man line.

connecticutsteel
01-15-2012, 04:57 PM
I admit BA makes questionable calls but i think our offense would be fine if we had a solid offensive line . So many times this year we lost because our line was sub par and either ben got killed or we couldn't run if we fix the line and the problem doesn't go away then fire BA

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 05:22 PM
I see it the opposite: better playcalling better oline!

SteelCityVoice
01-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Id rather have Shotty than Haley. Shot made Sanchez look like a pretty decent Qb and seeing alot of Jets games. I think he called pretty good games. I knw the stats dont show it but anyone at this time will due compared to bringing BA back. I still think Ben is gonna plea his case AGAIN for BA and he will be back. I hope Im wrong

The Jets offense was pathetic this year. The Jets couldn't get rid of Shotty fast enough. He is not the answer.

KoffeeHobson
01-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Having Haley would be great. Look what he did with Fitzgerald, Breaston and Boldin. We have a great trio ourselves. Haley has Pittsburgh ties. I think it's a match. Bye bye Arians.

JollyRob68
01-15-2012, 06:27 PM
if we got new OC (but wont happ), i dont want Martz, or Haley or Schotty. I want an OC who runs 2012 NFL football... We have the QB and WR's to open it up.

The days of the Feature Power Back are dead. Ben is at his best moving in pocket and running no-huddle, thats what i want to see...

any other kind of offense wont work bc there isnt many feature backs left in the NFL and if we dont change our offense we will still be playing catch up to the likes of NE, GB, NO, Det, NYG hell even Hou when Schawb is healthy. 2/3rds of the teams in the NFL scored more pts than us. Our offense was the second to last scoring offense that made the playoffs (Den).

Get with the now...
Never MArtz he'd try to trade Heath Miller. I dont Like MArtz. I'd taake Shotty & Hue Ackson or just let Randy Fichtner run his spead offense and get rid of BA. Then Promote KEith Butler and lets have an attacking 34D like the 49ers.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Haley is one of the those guys who'e better as a coordinator than a head coach. He did a lot of good things in KC but injuries killed him and ultimately he lost the team. Put him in the Steelers offense and let him have fun with that group of receivers, tight ends, Big Ben, and whoever is going to run the ball in 2012. It's a pipe dream because Tomlin is too stubborn to make a change and/or atleast force Arians to get himself a better gameplan in the redzone.

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 06:50 PM
All this talk for no reason Tomlin has no balls and will sink with his sorry *** staff!!

coach
01-15-2012, 06:59 PM
BA knew the team's strengths and weaknesses but didn't do enough against strong teams to adjust (outside of the NE game). The best part about this post is that it starts with fire BA and replace him with.........just fill in the blanks <insert name here>.
Change is good.

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 08:28 PM
I still blame Tomlin for not canning his ***!

Forged in Steel
01-15-2012, 09:10 PM
At this point, almost anyone is better than Arians at offensive coordinator!

nuclearchihuahuas
01-15-2012, 09:22 PM

Haley has way too many superstitions. He would probably have the team doing the "3 steps backward turn around and spit" routine before every play LOL:greengrin:

Diehardsteel
01-15-2012, 10:16 PM
And Bruce sucks *******s!

WIN! :yellowthumb: :clap:

--- Added 1/15/2012 at 08:16 PM ---

It's time folks. Realize it and hope tomlin does too! I'm already sick of reading peoples posts defending BA and tomlin on his wacky decisions made this year. And the post season isn't even over yet! :bang:

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-16-2012, 12:10 AM
On second thought, I would be for getting Haley. He could take our offense to new levels. To bad its not gonna happen...

Real Deal Steel
01-16-2012, 12:25 AM

I too have my doubts about Tomlin now actually calling the shots.

SteelerRush
01-16-2012, 12:29 AM
First of all Arians is not going anywhere unless he retires or the Rooney's demand we replace him and they don't usually interfere with the Head coaches decision. Tomlin likes him and Ben doesn't want a new OC. With that said our offensive line really stunk this year more due to injury and talent, not play calling. Our team needs to start concentrating and spending money on better talent for the offensive line. If we get better up front we run the ball better and give Ben more time in the pocket to make plays with the skill players.

coldrolled
01-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Well of course getting better players will help.. but a better OC and better players would really make us 16-0

Raleigh Steel
01-16-2012, 08:56 AM
how many OC's has brady gone through in the past 5 years? you don't hear him whining about getting a new OC. the new guy steps in, doesn't change much, and puts his players in the best position to SCORE POINTS and win games. if the pats had the weapons we have they'd score 50 a game. they have a TE and slot receiver and that's it, plus not much of a running game.

ben doesn't want a new OC because he might actually have to learn how to read a coverage, get the ball out quick, and look for a check down once in a while. BA's offense does none of these things. it's 15 yards or more or don't even try. that's why ben "holds on to the ball too long"...he's always looking for the big play instead of the right play. sometimes 7 yards is the better play. he's not coached that way cause BA wants the big play every play.

i'm sick to death of hearing "ben wants arians so he stays!" F that. bens the employee. he doesn't call the shots, the rooneys do and so does tomlin (sort of).

coldrolled
01-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Schott is with rams now, koetter is with falcons, and mcdaniels is with pats.

haley is roaming still.

that leaves us with arians.

coldrolled
01-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Redman says::::

"We have all the talent in the world on the offensive side of the ball to be the No. 1 offense in the league," Redman said. "To have all of the talent that we do, we kind of look at where we finished this year with the offense and are like, 'We're better than that.'"

The Steelers ranked 12th in the NFL in total offense (372.3 yards per game) but tied for 21st in scoring (20.3 points per game).

Read more: Steelers look for offense to take off next season - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_776719.html#ixzz1jdwMgOkt

LatrobePA
01-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Scoring offense is all I care about and that is horrid!

Come on guys please don't get me started again today, I'd say 30 of my past 35 posts are me bitching about this pile of **** we call our OC!!

coldrolled
01-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Scoring offense is all I care about and that is horrid!

Come on guys please don't get me started again today, I'd say 30 of my past 35 posts are me bitching about this pile of **** we call our OC!!

Maybe Redman will wake some people up with his comment...

NYCsteelersfan
01-16-2012, 03:00 PM
how many OC's has brady gone through in the past 5 years? you don't hear him whining about getting a new OC. the new guy steps in, doesn't change much, and puts his players in the best position to SCORE POINTS and win games.

This right here is a great point and is a testament to Belichick. The head coach is able to take any offensive coordinator and use his plays to call a winning game. Further evidence for this is that none of the offensive coordinators that leave Belichick end up having much success.

On Belichick's team, the offensive coordinator is an assistant to the leader in charge, on Tomlin's team, the offensive coordinator is the head coach of the offense because Tomlin is not a real head coach.

Arians is not the only problem. The problem is Tomlin.

coldrolled
01-16-2012, 03:19 PM
This right here is a great point and is a testament to Belichick. The head coach is able to take any offensive coordinator and use his plays to call a winning game. Further evidence for this is that none of the offensive coordinators that leave Belichick end up having much success.

On Belichick's team, the offensive coordinator is an assistant to the leader in charge, on Tomlin's team, the offensive coordinator is the head coach of the offense because Tomlin is not a real head coach.

Arians is not the only problem. The problem is Tomlin.

Could be but lets hope the FO fixes one at a time, arians first.

LatrobePA
01-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Less than 24 hrs after losing to the worst team in the league (IMO) puss Tomlin went on the record as to saying his OC, DC would be back..

WOW, that took a ton of time to think over, pussy!!

NYCsteelersfan
01-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Less than 24 hrs after losing to the worst team in the league (IMO) puss Tomlin went on the record as to saying his OC, DC would be back..

I wish he was just a pussy, unfortunately I think even worse than that, he's completely in over his head and that Superbowl in 2008 had a very dark flip side because we're going to be stuck with this guy for at least another 5 years unless he's arrested or accused of something scandalous.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-16-2012, 03:56 PM

Smackin my head against the wall is really startin to hurt. A repeat season comin up ya all.

The only thing that eased the pain a little was watchin NE torch Denver.

steelspikes
01-16-2012, 04:39 PM
The Schottenheimer-directed Jet's offense put up more that 3 points per game this year than did the Steelers. Still, we need to do and can do a lot better than that. Todd Haley's record at KC was not very impressive in terms of scoring offense. Personally, I am still thinking that Mike Martz is the kind of guy the Steelers need in order to create an offensive dynamo. (see article in SA Exclusive Articles section.
By the bye, what some are saying re Tomlin's endorsement of Arians for 2012 is wrong. If you listen to his 1-9-12 press conference what you'll hear leaves the door open for change at OC. Whether it happens is another matter.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-16-2012, 04:49 PM
The Schottenheimer-directed Jet's offense put up more that 3 points per game this year than did the Steelers. Still, we need to do and can do a lot better than that. Todd Haley's record at KC was not very impressive in terms of scoring offense. Personally, I am still thinking that Mike Martz is the kind of guy the Steelers need in order to create an offensive dynamo. (see article in SA Exclusive Articles section.
By the bye, what some are saying re Tomlin's endorsement of Arians for 2012 is wrong. If you listen to his 1-9-12 press conference what you'll hear leaves the door open for change at OC. Whether it happens is another matter.

Martz from Chicago. Wasn't their problem the same as ours? Just sayin. Of course chicago has/had Cutler, big problem there. And doesn't he have the go along to get along problem. Spikes, it ain't gonna be easy finding what we really need. I think I'd call it chemistry and mojo combined. He's out there somewhere. LOL.

MARTZ just announced he is retiring. "tv"

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-16-2012, 08:13 PM

You mean martz, the gun who hates shotgun and running the ball? The guy who calls 7 step drops with a terrible o line? Yup, EXACTLY what we need.

LatrobePA
01-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Martz = the floaters left in the toilet after Arians flushes, no good!

Raleigh Steel
01-16-2012, 08:53 PM
martz is offense scored more points than ours...had worse o-line and weapons than ours...and once had the greatest show on turf. he actually had offensive success in his career...i'm just saying.

not that i'd want martz, but he still would be an improvement over arians.

LatrobePA
01-16-2012, 08:58 PM
The nipples on my pet skunk would be an improvement over BA..

Raleigh Steel
01-16-2012, 09:05 PM
The nipples on my pet skunk would be an improvement over BA..

touche :lol:

LatrobePA
01-16-2012, 09:24 PM
touche :lol:

LMAO...