PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Make Orange Crush: Steelers Look Even Worse

steelspikes
01-15-2012, 11:13 AM
New England's total domination last night over Denver, by both the Patriot's offense and bottom-ranked defense, really throws into focus something???
Exactly what is tough to say...superior coaching, maybe? Yea, I know we beat the Pats this past season with a great game plan, but it's just really tough coming to terms with Denver so out-Foxing us (pun intended).
Brady slices and dices for 6 TDs, while we struggle to put up 20. Their "D" totally exposes Tebow, while he does the opposite to ours. Still baffled???

Speeed
01-15-2012, 11:29 AM
I am not usually on the injury bandwagon, as the Steelers still should have won, but . . .

Injuries decimated out team. We have been just about the weakest we have been all season. Ben could hardly move, Pouncey out, Kiesel out, Mendy, ad nauseum. In addition, our game plan sucked the big one, especially on D, which was embarrassing.

Imagine playing any other team in the league that had our level of injuries, with the Steelers being healthy. We would destroy them. And, I think the Patriots were just about as healthy as they have been all year, so not surprises.

So, I am not baffled at all. An injury decimated team, with a poor game plan, against an underrated and unpredictable offense. I was surprised we mounted a comeback. If not for those stupid plays at the end of the game, we would have won. But, the road to the Super Bowl is not paved with mistakes. . .

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Our coaching staff sucks! It's as simple as that!

We had enough fire power to win that game even w out Ben!

Zachintosh66
01-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Packers had a ton on the IR and still won the SB last year...

Im very down on Mike Tomlin, I've always questioned him. Now I don't trust him what-so-ever. I wonder his "role" and question his leadership. Is he anything more than a silver tounge for interviews and press conferences?

I still hate BA, but figure he'll be back. Ben fought for him before and will again. Besides Ben runs this team not MT, FO or Rooneys.

Were still in good hands w Dick, I still have faith. I wanna know if our young guys have "it". If not they need to go, if so its time for them to play... PERIOD.

I wrote this on my facebook last night aft the games:
"Dear Bruce Arians, thats how to play offense.
Dear Dick Lebeau, thats how to game plan.
Dear Mike Tomlin, thats how to... oh wait you dont coach anyways. Your Big Bens bitch...

Dear Tebow, im not gonna hate, you beat us when it counted, and it still kinda stings b/c i feel we were better than that, but we didnt get it done.

Dear Steelers FO, please dont bring back all of these old players, but I know you will. SMH. At least we usually draft good.

Dear Tom Brady, please dont let Baltimore go to the SB..."

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Of course ben wants BA back, ever since ben came into the league he hasn't wanted to be coached, this is win win for him!!

MattyVfromCT
01-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Of course ben wants BA back, ever since ben came into the league he hasn't wanted to be coached, this is win win for him!!

And that's the problem. Our coaches coddle the big names too much. We need someone like noll who was ALWAYS challenging the team to get better, EVEN 5 MINUTES AFTER WINNING 2 STRAIGHT SUPER BOWLS. I want an OC who's going to challenge and press ben to get better. Enough of the father/son buddy buddy bullshit.......

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 12:01 PM
I hate these two but the Harbaugh brothers bring some fire to their team that this one is missing! Tomlin is a puppet on a string much like Caldwell from the colts.

It's fn broken Tomlin nows the time to fix it! Get a new OC one with some freaking brains!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2012, 12:08 PM
I watched that game last night while we were out with friends and all I thought to myself was, this is making the Steelers look like a bunch of fools. There is no way you justify getting beat like that and then seeing that team just get completely obliterated the next week by a team that you beat earlier in the year.

I said it earlier, Belichick is one of the best game planning coaches ever. He will take what other teams did and learn from it.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2012, 12:20 PM
While everybody is going on about coaching what I noticed is Tom Brady had time in the pocket and the Pats have very two athletic TE's that create mismatches....Hernandez even carried the ball for a 41 yard gain.....lol Heath Miller isn't Gronk or Hernandez.....

--- Added 1/15/2012 at 10:20 AM ---

and the Pats were coming off a bye week and were at home....while the Steelers were very banged up and playing at Denver which is a very tough place to play.......I hate the fact the Steelers are done to but I'm over it already.....

LevonKirkland99
01-15-2012, 12:26 PM
I hate these two but the Harbaugh brothers bring some fire to their team that this one is missing! Tomlin is a puppet on a string much like Caldwell from the colts.

It's fn broken Tomlin nows the time to fix it! Get a new OC one with some freaking brains!!

100% correct....Also, Ben needs to GROW up and realize that BA is not doing us any good.

What is Ben's faccinations with Arians?, Yep, he wants to run wild and do whatever the f%^&k he wants. Time for the Rooneys to clamp the screws

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Defensively the pats handled Tebow, I know our o struggles but I'm more pissed about the defense allowing Tebow to look like Brady! Tomlin is a defensive minded coach right? That's my beef!

LevonKirkland99
01-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Defensively the pats handled Tebow, I know our o struggles but I'm more pissed about the defense allowing Tebow to look like Brady! Tomlin is a defensive minded coach right? That's my beef!

Tomlin failed miserably in that game, he gets the blame in my book!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2012, 12:36 PM

Tomlin is a defensive minded coach but from the 4-3 Tampa2 background.....LeBeau had the right game plan going into the game....stack 8-9 in the box and force Tebow to beat you with the pass...But after Tebow hit his first couple deep passes the old man should have went to zone coverage instead of man....He didn't adjust and it cost us....

Look at the play-off games yesterday I saw athletic dominating TE's yesterday...Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham, Gronk and Hernandez.........The Steelers need one badly and Heath Miller isn't it....He would be a good TE to pair with an athletic freak........

steelchamp204
01-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Did you watch the Pats season on the nfl network whent hey followed Bill around the whole time and what he said to his team during meetings,after,before games. Dude is a true leader. As much as I hate the guy, hes a hell of a good coach. Look what he did when Brady went down and Cssel was QB. Pure preparation

Go 'Lers
01-15-2012, 01:30 PM
I am not usually on the injury bandwagon, as the Steelers still should have won, but . . .

But nothing! I'm sorry to go against your post but injured or not the defense suffered a catastrophic failure.

I now know what it was like to be a Colts fan when we knocked them out of the playoffs in 2005. They expected us to stick to the ground game, fresh-cashed Roethlisberger tossed it over their heads, didn't expect or plan for that, and total screw up at the end with a missed kick (much like our blown coverage for an 80 yard TD pass).

We dropped the ball but we learn from this and kick Tebows butt next year...like we should have this year (you know, how the Patriots showed us we should)

coldrolled
01-15-2012, 01:32 PM
With high scoring Arians... Please.................

jpele
01-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Know what I noticed in the Pats game, Bilicheck doesn't wait til half time to make adjustments he makes them between series. Of course we don't even make them at the half.

Did anyone else hear John Fox make injury references as part of the reason they lost.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-15-2012, 09:39 PM
MT is a fraud. Let's take a look at the NY giants and see what real team management has accomplished. Their season 9 and 7. Completely fell apart at one point. just beat the SB favorite. Our team 12 and 4. Directionless, leaderless, no real desire, relying on the skills of others not offering his own (I don't believe he has any as a head coach). Does not manage. His team has the skill sets necessary to achieve the big one but with out real leader ship from the top down it ain't gonna happen. You also have to light the fire in your players. Haven't seen that for awhile. Everything needed to say about this I have said except "it is what it is". Well coach, from me to you "It is what it is". Your job is to prove me wrong. No more dumb *** cliches either. Get original or get out.

LatrobePA
01-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Our 12-4 team with the #1 defense allows the leagues worse QB to shred and set records while doing it!! But yet we stayed in that same coverage all game and showed no signs of life on offense but yet we bring back the same ole ****** staff!

connecticutsteel
01-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Tomlin is not a fraud he took an injury decimated team to the playoffs . I know none of us liked how things went this year but with all the injuries and lack of fair officiateing he did a good job . Tom Coughlin was lucky to get into the playoffs every team has transition years this is one for us our team will look very different next year

Real Deal Steel
01-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Well, the evidence I"m looking at is that Tomlin doesn't seem to be in control of who
his coordinators are. Seems that only the GM can hire or fire coordinators.

Diehardsteel
01-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Our 12-4 team with the #1 defense allows the leagues worse QB to shred and set records while doing it!! But yet we stayed in that same coverage all game and showed no signs of life on offense but yet we bring back the same ole ****** staff!

:lol:

connecticutsteel
01-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Very few Head Coaches have 100% say so in the hiring and firing of staff plus we all no Tomlin isn't going anywhere the team is getting old. I Guarantee if we were healthy and we beat denver if you would feel the same way because Tomlin didn't lose the Denver game Ike Taylor did. Maybe we should get rid of Ike Taylor. Green Bay lost therefore Mcarthy and Rodgers should be fired

--- Added 1/15/2012 at 08:05 PM ---

I ke thought he had safety help i love how everyone knows better than Lebeau AND EVERYONE IS A COACH WHEN IT'S 20/20 LOL

Real Deal Steel
01-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Very few Head Coaches have 100% say so in the hiring and firing of staff plus we all no Tomlin isn't going anywhere the team is getting old. I Guarantee if we were healthy and we beat denver if you would feel the same way because Tomlin didn't lose the Denver game Ike Taylor did. Maybe we should get rid of Ike Taylor. Green Bay lost therefore Mcarthy and Rodgers should be fired

--- Added 1/15/2012 at 08:05 PM ---

I ke thought he had safety help i love how everyone knows better than Lebeau AND EVERYONE IS A COACH WHEN IT'S 20/20 LOL

No...there are years of mounting evidence for Arians. And injuries were the main reason for our loss to Denver. You can make an argument for Lebaeu but Arians is a confirmed bum.

steelers75
01-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Well coach, from me to you "It is what it is". Your job is to prove me wrong. No more dumb *** cliches either. Get original or get out.

Hate to break it to you, but Tomlin doesn't owe you jack ****. Stupid thread.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Hate to break it to you, but Tomlin doesn't owe you jack ****. Stupid thread.

Homer open your eyes. Last year we lost the Super Bowl. Remember that. Remember unleash hell. And yes his job is to prove he is a consistent winner.

Secondly. This topic was a seperate thread. You can't hide from the truth and this topic is totally unrelated to the Pats/Denver thread. Unleash hell. No thread is stupid on SA.