PDA

View Full Version : Wes Saunders should get more reps in 2012

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2012, 09:47 PM
I was talking with BG32 about this earlier this evening and it got me thinking. This kid showed some nice flashes of potential this year in the limited snaps that he got. He's got the talent, just needs to develop it, and I'd like to see him take over for David Johnson next season as the primary backup and hopefully get more looks from Ben. It's still early but he could be the next big thing if he keeps improving.

coldrolled
01-14-2012, 12:35 PM
I was talking with BG32 about this earlier this evening and it got me thinking. This kid showed some nice flashes of potential this year in the limited snaps that he got. He's got the talent, just needs to develop it, and I'd like to see him take over for David Johnson next season as the primary backup and hopefully get more looks from Ben. It's still early but he could be the next big thing if he keeps improving.

:yellowthumb::yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Of course you can't ever predict how someone is going to perform in the future but I think he was a gem in this past years draft, especially coming in as an undrafted free agent. If he doesn't push Johnson this season (assuming johnson is still on the team) then there's something wrong.

Goodfrom55
01-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Of course you can't ever predict how someone is going to perform in the future but I think he was a gem in this past years draft, especially coming in as an undrafted free agent. If he doesn't push Johnson this season (assuming johnson is still on the team) then there's something wrong.

He was 1st round talent, but had character issues at South Carolina. Hoping they utilize his abilities more in 2012.

UKSTEELER
01-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Saunders could be a great asset - 2012 he'll see more action, break 25 catches I'll be amazed! This is Arians remember?

connecticutsteel
01-14-2012, 09:28 PM
I've been saying this all season

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Look at what those athletic TE's did yesterday in the Saints/49ers game and in the Patriots big win. All those players are just monster targets and their QB's use them the way they are meant to be used.

If Pittsburgh would just use Heath Miller in a similar role or get Saunders more snaps using the short passes the offense would be incredibly unstoppable.

Nolrog
01-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Look at what those athletic TE's did yesterday in the Saints/49ers game and in the Patriots big win.

This is one of the big reasons why we need a new MILB. We need someone that can cover those guys, because with the success of the TEs over this year and yesterday, the NFL will adopt that big time in the future.