PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report Steelers Mock

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2012, 01:08 PM
I know Ktrain, 32, and the rest of you draft guru's will have some input on this one.

Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska
Lucas Nix, G, Pittsburgh
Kheeston Randall, DL, Texas
Nigel Bradham, ILB, Florida State
Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State
Blair Walsh, PK, Georgia

K Train
01-13-2012, 01:11 PM
id be furious.

dennard would look great as a steeler corner, just has a violent jam at the line and overall a physical player but the rest of that draft outside of blair walsh is pretty bad

JensK
01-13-2012, 06:24 PM
I always find it rather hard to judge anything if you don't how who was taken and who was still on the board. For instance, I think that right now there is a good chance that minifield would still be on the board when Steelers picked, who I would take any day over Dennard for Steelers (I do have a crush on Minifield tho). Same goes with OGs. There is so many to pick from in this draft it seems, and I am done with the Urbik projects. We need quality on the line, not something which may or may not turn into a decent starter in 5 years. Not claiming that Nix will be that, but I don't see him being a starter on this team for at least a year or two.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2012, 08:00 PM
I give it a thumbs down as well.......really only two picks that I like.....Dennard is a damn player and that is one of the two picks that I like but I don't see the Steelers drafting a corner in the first round.......

connecticutsteel
01-13-2012, 09:01 PM
In my opinion we have to land at least 2 above average lineman or we will fail again next year

round 1Cordy Glenn/osomele OG/OG
round 2Donta Hightower/A.Cole ILB/ILB
round 3 Josh Chapman/G.Iloka NT/SS
round 4Amini Silatolu/B.Quick OG/WR
round 5Casey Heyward/Reyes CB/DT/NT
round 6Eddie Whitley/B.Walsh FS/PK
round 7Moe Petrus/B Anger OL/P

A Dennard is a bit overrated questionable straight line speed susceptable to double move He would be abused plus we have our corners brown and allen lewis taylor

SteelDad
01-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Read today that Dennard looked pretty awful in Senior Bowl Practice. Only one day so not ruling him or anything...

Real Deal Steel
01-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Steelers NT Hampton to undergo ACL surgery Steelers NT Casey Hampton will undergo surgery to repair his torn left ACL on Friday.
Hampton initially hoped to heal the ACL with "rest and rehab," but doctors apparently informed him a reconstruction was required. It's the third ACL surgery of Hampton's 11-year career, and will almost certainly cost him several games to open the 2012 season. The operation also makes it more likely that Hampton will be released. The 34-year-old's cap number is $8.1 million. Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Jan 26 - 12:36 PM

--- Added 1/26/2012 at 01:26 PM ---

Sorry, but with no Holk and now no Hampton, the nose tackle position is red alert.