PDA

View Full Version : Maurkice Pouncey having ankle surgery.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Per his twitter account, he's having left ankle surgery today. This will hopefully allow him to stay on the field in 2012 and put the injury behind him. Pouncey played in 14 games in 2011 but missed weeks 15 & 16, then came back against Cleveland and reaggravated his ankle and ended up missing the wildcard game in Denver.

The future of the Steelers line depends in no small part to Pouncey being on the field consistently.

From BRC's DROID X of Awesomeness

DIESELMAN
01-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Good timing, now he'll have plenty of time to recoup and be healthy for 2012.

HUNT4SEVEN
01-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Good timing, now he'll have plenty of time to recoup and be healthy for 2012.

Yea he probably should of had it done last season:yesnod:,I'm glad he's getting it done this year, with out him in the middle our O-Line doesn't stand a chance:yesnod:, i hope we find a good back up Center in FA or in the draft this year cause Legursky has to GO

BlitzburghRockCity
01-12-2012, 10:14 PM
I just hope this fixes the problem and he doesn't start missing time again next year. It's going to become problematic if he does so I'm sure the doctors told him this will help.

LatrobePA
01-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Get beastly Pouncey!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Just a tweet a few minutes ago:

RT @kkazienko (http://twitter.com/kkazienko): Steelers update for my three followers. On a plane with @MaurkicePouncey (http://twitter.com/MaurkicePouncey). Had surgery, in a cast, but will be ready for Latrobe. Nice guy!

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2012, 07:35 PM
We really need to upgrade around Pouncey in a serious way. I don't know how but we need to. Broncos got pressure on Ben rushing three. Yikes!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2012, 08:04 PM
We really need to upgrade around Pouncey in a serious way. I don't know how but we need to. Broncos got pressure on Ben rushing three. Yikes!!

exactly and still I read about some fans dissing Ben......yea his numbers are up to par with the elite but its kind of hard to put up consistent numbers when the pass protection is a joke and Ben is getting beat up every game.....