PDA

View Full Version : Official 2012 Draft Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

K Train
01-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Heres a quick mock, early in the process but touches on the needs of the team in a direction i think they could possibly go.

1. Peter Konz, G/C Wisconsin
Imo hes a better center prospect than Mike Pouncey was last year, and with the steelers drafting him he could play guard or center. I would try to work him in at center and put pouncey at left guard to make sweet sweet sex on turf at the position. Pouncey would thrive as the most athletic guard in the league while konz held down the center spot like a rock.

other possiblities: Cordy Glenn, Dontari Poe, Donta Hightower, Mike Adams, Osemele, Alfonzo Dennard, Chase Minnifield, Vontaze Bufict, Quinton Coples

2. Brandon Washington, OG MiamiWashington is just a super athletic, mauling guard. Getting him and Konz in rounds 1 and 2 makes the interior line go from bad to terrific. Honestly an interior of Pouncey, Konz, and Washington would easily compete for the best interior line in the league and would probbaly out do carl nicks and jhari evans in new orleans. Marcus Gilbert and Willie colon would be able to dominate at tackles with these guys holding down the interior which has been such a weakness for years.

other possibilities: Taamu, Jesse Chapman, Stephen Gilmore, Mark Barron, Bruce Irvin, Kevin Zeitler, Keenan Robinson, Matt Reynolds, Mike Brewster

3. Jared Crick, DE Nebraska
This provides us with a great lineup of depth and youth on the dline. You have keisel who is a master of the position and can also play OLB in the pinch, you have Hood who isnt that great at anything but can play NT in a pinch, and then you have Crick and Heyward who are both prototypical stack and shed DEs in our defense...it could just end up being a mean rotation on a once very old dline, injury could lead to crick falling this much, but really hes a late first or early second round talent.

4. Brandon Boykin, CS/FS/RS Georgia
We need a new return man with Brown starting and Sanders not overly good at it, and really we need to keep drafting CBs to compete because while Lewis showed a ton of improvement and they like what brown and allen did as rookies we need someone to not only lock down the the NB spot but we need quality players that can grow into replacing gay and even ike in a few years. Boykin profiles as more of a NB but that is ok if lewis and brown were to lock down CB spots and cortez allen could possibly make a run at FS.

5. Jeff Demps, RB Florida
He may go much higher than this but with his size who knows....hes small but has elite speed....that didnt help Trindon Holiday and Noel Devine though....he would compete with baron batch for the 3rd down spot

6. Blair Walsh, Kicker, Georgia

Pretty self explainatory, hes the top kicker this year imo and we need a new reliable kicker.

7. Renard Williams, DT Eastern Washington
Just a big bodied DT to compete with Al woods, Steve mccledon, and probably Anthony Gray if they bring him back with Chris Hoke retiring and Hampton on his last leg.

JensK
01-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Picking Peter Konz in the first would rock, and you damn well better believe that the Ravens would be pissed!

If not Peter Konz is there, Chase Minifield is by far my favorite CB for the Steelers. Obviously we all want them to trade up for Decastro, but we also realize that there is practically no chance for that to happen.

I doubt Jared Crick will last till the third round. I see him go pretty high most places.

K Train
01-12-2012, 12:01 PM
I could definitely see crick falling, but i could also see him going as high as in the 30s

K Train
01-12-2012, 03:19 PM
jeff demps has decided to not pursue an NFL career and is training for the olympics in track

Black@Gold Forever32
01-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Not much to argue against with that mock.......Fixing the interior of the offensive line is a must.......I like the Saints reference as well......Big reason why Brees can put up the big numbers since he does receive very good protection.....

I'm hoping for Decastro myself but doubt he last until the Steelers pick in the first so they will have to trade up.....Konz or Zeitler were beasts at Wisconsin....I don't know much about Washington so I trust your opinion Ktrain.....

OldSchool58
01-13-2012, 08:37 AM
K Train, your mock looks damn good. In reality though, I don't see us doing anything to fix our O-line problems as long as BA is calling the shots on offense. I think if he had his way we'd line up with a center, a QB, and 9 WR's.

K Train
01-13-2012, 10:33 AM
the good thing is arians doesnt have **** to say when it comes to drafting. I think they make neccesary moves this year, the oline hurt them too much last season. 2 players like konz and washington is a swing from a bottom 5 oline to a top 5 one.

even guys like osemele, glenn, and especially decastro...this is a good year to need interior linemen

MDSteel15
01-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Interior? Hell we need interior, exterior and any other kind of terior!!!

K Train
01-13-2012, 11:57 AM
i think with imporved interior gilbert, starks, colon are plenty good enough

OldSchool58
01-13-2012, 12:36 PM
K Train, you're right about Arians not having a say in who we draft. But even if we pull a lucky horse shoe out our asses and come up with five hall of fame linemen, as long as Arians is calling the plays we'll never have another running game. I seriously don't know how many more times I can watch us pass on 3rd and goal from the 1yrd line before I explode.

MDSteel15
01-13-2012, 12:44 PM
K Train, you're right about Arians not having a say in who we draft. But even if we pull a lucky horse shoe out our asses and come up with five hall of fame linemen, as long as Arians is calling the plays we'll never have another running game. I seriously don't know how many more times I can watch us pass on 3rd and goal from the 1yrd line before I explode.

3rd and goal from the 1? How about 3 straight passes from the 1? The man is an idiot! He has no originality and is so predictable, my high school coach (who played O-linefor the Steelers in the early 80's) could have out coached his azz!

tburg68
01-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Reason I like this so much is that I contribute Pouncey's injuries to the crap that plays next to him at both G spots. Put two beast next to him, and Gilberts, Colon, Starks would look almost heavenly as a T rotation.

JollyRob68
01-21-2012, 04:23 PM
KOnz at center and move Pouncey to Guard? or Konz to Guard?

Real Deal Steel
01-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Konz is outstanding but no one is talking about how bad we are at nose tackle. The reason our pass rush has sucked bad this year is that there is no push up the middle.

As bad as I'd like Konz, we need to talk about taking Dontari Poe also. I mean with better push from the middle, it would possibly allow our LB's to drop in coverage more often and and hit those TE's and slot WR coming through the middle.

K Train
03-07-2012, 03:47 PM
1) Donta Hightower MLB Bama

Im convinced he will be the pick at 24 if he is there. Imo hes a better prospect than rolando mcclain was a few years back and when he ran a 4.6 at the combine i had seen enough, im sold. His stock has been up and down over his college career. Looked like a first rounder early, got hurt and for a season looks slow and more like a thumping 3rd rounder. Hes elevated himself back to a first rounf MLB and could legit play 5 positions, all 4 LB ones and DE on occasion. Having him next to timmons is going to be special, but it also makes it so we arent crippled if harrison/woodley get hurt again.

2) Alemeda Taamu NT Washington

What you see with Taamu is what you get, hes not gonna wow you but he will keep timmons, hightower, and hood (since he cant handle his blocks) pretty clean from blockers. Big body, not as athletic as poe by any stretch but he will be a nice player in the middle and keisel, hood, cam, and the LBs will benefit from him on first and second downs.

3) Brandon Brooks OG Miami (OH)

Big, powerful blocker...had a simlar workout to cordy glenn, he doesnt have the tackle potential glenn has but i think he could be a star guard in the NFL.

4) Isaiah Pead RB Cincy

Theres just rumors everywhere about the steelers being in love with pead, i dont hate it

5) Chad Diehl FB Clemson

Massive 6-2 265 pound FB, no arians leaves a windo open for the steelers to use a real FB again. This man has head hunter potential. Hes got good acceleration, a mean punch, and never misses his assignments. Watch some stuff on him, hes a crushing lead blocker

6) Blair Walsh K Georgia

Best kicker in the draft, so why not?

7) Aldarius Johnson WR Miami

Big body, not the fastest guy but was a top HS recruit and got suspended for lying to the NCAA or something. Could be a sleeper

K Train
03-07-2012, 03:55 PM
also here is the short list of players im ok with in the first round (excluding kalil, descastro, claiborne, and other guys i think have zero shot of falling to 24)

Dontari Poe
Cordy Glenn
Donta Hightower
Janoris Jenkins
Mike Adams
Peter Konz

anyone else would probably send me into a fit of rage

jpele
03-07-2012, 05:49 PM
also here is the short list of players im ok with in the first round (excluding kalil, descastro, claiborne, and other guys i think have zero shot of falling to 24)

Dontari Poe
Cordy Glenn
Donta Hightower
Janoris Jenkins
Mike Adams
Peter Konz

anyone else would probably send me into a fit of rage

Just on a hunch I can see Cleveland making a play for Wallace , do we take Descastro with their # 1 ?

K Train
03-07-2012, 08:18 PM
i dont think the browns would be the one to do it, but maybe i suppose. but i would definitely take claiborne or decastro, maybe even floyd....idk thats a hard question

im thinking if anyone goes after wallace it will be the bengals, ravens, niners, or patriots. bengals and patriots actually keep their better first round pick, browns give up their better one

coach
03-07-2012, 08:55 PM
K, I am looking at your picks at 2 and 3 (Taamu and Brooks). What about Kevin Zeitler or another Guard in second and Chapman or Taaumu in 3rd?
If Fangupo is on board in second, do you like Taamu that much?

K Train
03-07-2012, 09:00 PM
K, I am looking at your picks at 2 and 3 (Taamu and Brooks). What about Kevin Zeitler or another Guard in second and Chapman or Taaumu in 3rd?
If Fangupo is on board in second, do you like Taamu that much?

brooks is a guy thats growing on me, im not opposed to zeitler in 2 though...the thought of him in 1 fills me full of rage though. im not in love with taamu, i think he could be a solid contributor from day one though, i actually like chapman a bit more i think. better athlete, and really does all the dirty work a NT is supposed to do exceptionally well. and hes a tough guy, plays through injuries and did all last year on a bum knee. wouldnt mind him in the 2nd or 3rd

K Train
03-07-2012, 09:06 PM
on brooks:

After sizzling during the testing portion of his workout, Brandon Brooks continued to impress during a 10-minute segment of position drills. According to scouts Brooks moved well around the field, looking fluid and smooth. At one point during bag drills he knocked over a coach from the Pittsburgh Steelers after violently striking the bag with his powerful hand punch.
Brooks is slated for a second workout next Thursday, March 8, where he will solely participate in offensive line drills. The expectations from NFL decision makers at the workout is Brooks will be the first non-combine participant drafted in April

Miami (OH) Guard Brandon Brooks had a very good pro day. He showed great athleticism (4.98, 32 inch vertical) and is a very big guy at 346. Not sure why he didn't get a Combine invite.

SteelDad
03-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Nice job here K. Looking forward to talking draft with you on the show soon. I really like the kid from Washington if Poe doesnt work. Another guy I like on the DL is Fletcher Cox.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

K Train
04-26-2012, 05:42 PM
bump

JensK
04-26-2012, 05:50 PM
I have my Monster Energy drink ready! Bring it on.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Dream would be David Decastro....He is my favorite player in this draft from a Steelers needs perspective..........The Steelers would have to trade up to get him and I doubt they will.........I would be ok with Hightower but not super thrilled....I really don't want Poe.......I'm really hoping the Steelers go OL with their first pick...Really wouldn't be upset if they spent their first two picks on OL.... wouldn't mind a WR or TE picked in the first just to shock everybody......Really don't want to see defense addressed early in the draft...Its an offensive league...draft offense, offense, offense...lol

coach
04-26-2012, 07:55 PM
My first interest in the draft is who the Steelers take. My second interest is who the teams they have to beat get. But, my third interest is always watching which teams deftly make their picks and which ones screw it up (a la moving into the first round to take Tebow).

Just over an hour to go and I will know which new Jersey I have to get for this year.

JensK
04-26-2012, 07:57 PM
I really hope that they won't do the same crap as last year where we knew the picks before they were announced. That was really terrible

coach
04-26-2012, 08:13 PM
I agree. They are already banning the cameras from the green room so they are trying to curb it. Cleveland just moved up a spot from 4 to 3. Sounds like they got scared someone was going to jump over them.

strummerfan
04-26-2012, 08:14 PM
I have my Monster Energy drink ready! Bring it on.

Is it like 4am there?

JensK
04-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Is it like 4am there?

"only" 2am :)

The Lakelander
04-26-2012, 09:01 PM
There's only 23 picks in front of ours ... Can't wait because I'm tired already of all the Konz hype and the Pouncey-to-Left-Guard BS!

Raleigh Steel
04-26-2012, 09:03 PM
here we go!!!!

Raleigh Steel
04-26-2012, 09:06 PM
the "hightower" who the steelers should draft: :lol:

http://factofthedayblog.com/files/2011/08/Moses-Hightower-Police-Academy-Bubba-Smith.png

coach
04-26-2012, 09:09 PM
There's only 23 picks in front of ours ... Can't wait because I'm tired already of all the Konz hype and the Pouncey-to-Left-Guard BS!

My guess on Konz is that he or Dont'a ends up as a Rat. I think they would interested in him or Hightower, just like us.

strummerfan
04-26-2012, 09:20 PM
THey're going too fast break for commercial!

strummerfan
04-26-2012, 09:21 PM
hopefully the defense is ready for Richardson

Raleigh Steel
04-26-2012, 09:22 PM
welcome to cleveland trent richardson...you now officially suck!

coach
04-26-2012, 09:22 PM
AFC North getting more interesting each year.

Number99
04-26-2012, 09:23 PM
I love how the picks are going in faster then the NFLN and the draft can announce them

strummerfan
04-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Kind of surprised to hear Kurt Warner call Blount a liability.

The Lakelander
04-26-2012, 09:37 PM
fun stuff

coach
04-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Let's keep up picking the QBs and WRs and leave those O-Lineman or Poe for us.

JensK
04-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Wow.. That was early.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Man these picks are flying in, I love it! Makes things move so much quicker. It'll start to bog down in the late teens though like usual.

JensK
04-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Pretty solid picks so far. I still think it was a little early for Baron, but he is a pretty good safety and they are few in this draft.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Tannehill is a franchise QB in the minds of the Dolphins, so they had to take him even if most think it's too high

The Lakelander
04-26-2012, 09:53 PM
That pick is a reach ... 6 of the first 8 are offensive players

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Thought the Panthers might have gone with Cox instead

JensK
04-26-2012, 09:55 PM
It is a reach, but he is a very good prospect and they wanted a QB badly, so the pick makes sense if they couldn't move back.

The Lakelander
04-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Gilmore has the look of a deer with headlights in his eyes .... who wants to play for Buffalo ???

MillerTime83
04-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Love Gillmore

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2012, 10:04 PM
So much for the Poe dream everyone, KC just took him

Raleigh Steel
Gilmore has the look of a deer with headlights in his eyes .... who wants to play for Buffalo ???

mario williams?

MillerTime83
If you have dreds you can get picked early this draft.

JensK
04-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Well that sucks

Raleigh Steel
well we don't have to worry about whether we should draft poe or not.

Black@Gold Forever32
So much for the Poe dream everyone, KC just took him

Good....didn't think much of him.....

The Lakelander
04-26-2012, 10:09 PM
At 24 Poe was a good pick ... at 11 ... horrible!

There will be more dominant DT's coming off the board now ...

cbrunn
04-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Arizona wants to move back ... Wiz gives us a hometown discount 1st , 3rd and 4th ...and we get decastro ...

then we flip Wallace to St louis for a 2nd and some other picks ... and we get Zeitler

fixed Oline

lol ok i'm dreaming

The Lakelander
04-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Wallace will be a Pittsburgh Steelers stud in 2012!

coach
04-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Arizona wants to move back ... Wiz gives us a hometown discount 1st , 3rd and 4th ...and we get decastro ...

then we flip Wallace to St louis for a 2nd and some other picks ... and we get Zeitler

fixed Oline

lol ok i'm dreaming

I had that same dream last night. Actually with RR and DD still on board, possible trade up just a bit as we closer????

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Pretty predictable so far, although I thought KC taking Poe that early was a bit much

JensK
04-26-2012, 10:15 PM
You can say what you want about the commissioner, but he seems genuinely happy for those kids, which suits him.

coach
04-26-2012, 10:19 PM
The Commish knows where his revenue comes from......fines. He's wondering who he's gonna fine first.

JensK
04-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Well, those OL players keep falling which is great I guess

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Decastro still hanging around..will he fall to 24?

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Decastro still hanging around..will he fall to 24?

****ing hope so...would give my left nut for him to be a Steeler...lol

JensK
04-26-2012, 10:22 PM
I just cannot see him falling further than 17, but Glenn might have a chance if this keeps up. They really should consider trading for DeCastro though soon'ish. Although I doubt they will, as they like the depth on OG in this draft.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2012, 10:23 PM
I just cannot see him falling further than 17, but Glenn might have a chance if this keeps up. They really should consider trading for DeCastro though soon'ish. Although I doubt they will, as they like the depth on OG in this draft.

I agree......DeCastro is my favorite....Glenn would be alright at 24........its a pipe dream for Decastro to fall at 24 but man you never know......

JensK
04-26-2012, 10:24 PM
I agree......DeCastro is my favorite....Glenn would be alright at 24........its a pipe dream for Decastro to fall at 24 but man you never know......

I have everything which can be crossed, crossed! :)

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2012, 10:28 PM
I have everything which can be crossed, crossed! :)

I want OL in the first round period........Marcus Gilbert, Willie Colon (coming off back to back season ending injuries), Jonathan Scott are the top three OT's.....Doug Legursky and Ramon Foster are the starting OG's.........that is scary heading into next year...lol

JensK
04-26-2012, 10:31 PM
I want OL in the first round period........Marcus Gilbert, Willie Colon (coming off back to back season ending injuries), Jonathan Scott are the top three OT's.....Doug Legursky and Ramon Foster are the starting OG's.........that is scary heading into next year...lol

Indeed. I'm torn though. Unless its Reiff or DeCastro I'm not sure if I don't like Hightower more than Glenn, and Steelers would have a hard time picking a OL player over a quality LB. At least thats how they have drafted previously.

Nolrog
Man, this is taking forever. The NFL couldn't possibly drag this out more. The Rams pick was in ~5 minutes before it was announced (one of the owners, Paul G Allen tweeted it.)

coldrolled
Bruce Irvin just helped us out i think

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Indeed. I'm torn though. Unless its Reiff or DeCastro I'm not sure if I don't like Hightower more than Glenn, and Steelers would have a hard time picking a OL player over a quality LB. At least thats how they have drafted previously.

I would take Glenn over Hightower....I would be fine with Hightower.....I want the first two picks to be OL but I doubt that happens......

strummerfan
Decastro.

please
please
please

JensK
That is oh so very early for Bruce Irvin in my opinion. There are more safe passrushes available than him.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2012, 10:33 PM
We could have the pick of the crop at offensive line based on who's drafting coming up.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2012, 10:34 PM
say it again I would give my left nut for DeCastro to be a Steeler....lol

JensK
04-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Jets will take a passrusher. Time to start trading Steelers!!!

coach
Irvin pick definitely helps us. I think there could be a run on DL just ahead of us now.

JensK
I should add I do realize that this won't happen.

cbrunn
04-26-2012, 10:36 PM
decastro doesn't make it past Cinci twice, San Diego, and chicago

The Lakelander
04-26-2012, 10:40 PM
7 more long waits

I'm still hoping we trade down

strummerfan
04-26-2012, 10:44 PM
The worst part is Decastro is within reach, but there's a strong possibility we can't find a trade partner.

cbrunn
If Cinci gets Reiff and Decastro they become very scary to play twice a year

BlitzburghRockCity
Quinton Coples looks like a bigger Kordell Stewart..lol

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2012, 10:45 PM
If Cinci gets Reiff and Decastro they become very scary to play twice a year

they won't do that....drafting a corner.....

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Bengals take Dre Kirkpatrick... DB. Rumor is they may be targeting DeCastro too.. if Pittsburgh wants him they may have to trade up

strummerfan
04-26-2012, 10:46 PM
YES!

JensK
04-26-2012, 10:47 PM
If DeCastro survives the next pick, he will not survive Bengals next pick.

The Lakelander
04-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Reiff? ... He's falling down down down

Glenn?

DeCastro ...

Farrior Fan
04-26-2012, 10:48 PM
For the love of all that is holy....trade up NOW. Give away our first and third for DeCastro

cbrunn
04-26-2012, 10:49 PM
yeah it won't take much to trade up but i doubt anybody wants to trade down at this point

coldrolled
04-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Need some more defensive ends to go mercilus upshaw

Farrior Fan
04-26-2012, 10:54 PM
If Reiff is available and DeCastro is gone do we take Reiff?

MillerTime83
04-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Trade the titans a 4th take DeCastro

coldrolled
04-26-2012, 10:55 PM
DE gone cool ingram upshaw and mercilus

do we take mercilus?

JensK
04-26-2012, 10:56 PM
If Reiff is available and DeCastro is gone do we take Reiff?

That would be very hard for them. I still think OG is deeper than OT, but guard is the bigger need.

coach
04-26-2012, 10:56 PM
This is working out nicely for us......................or my heart is about to be stepped on. Keep up the run on D line.

MillerTime83
04-26-2012, 10:57 PM
As much as I want DeCastro I bet you we want Glenn.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2012, 10:59 PM
If the Steelers pick Hightower with top OL on the board I'm going to be pissed....

coldrolled
Shea Mclellin wow another DE

coldrolled
Right now it better be OL

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2012, 11:00 PM
They won't trade up to get DeCastro and the Bengals will take him...still tons of OL left though for them to choose.

JensK
04-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Hightower could go to Titans now

JensK
04-26-2012, 11:01 PM
They won't trade up to get DeCastro and the Bengals will take him...still tons of OL left though for them to choose.

They probably will, sadly. However I did not think he could fall this far in the first place so who knows. They need a WR as well.

Farrior Fan
04-26-2012, 11:01 PM
If the Steelers pick Hightower with top OL on the board I'm going to be pissed....

I will blow a gasket if DeCastro is available and we don't take him....I haven't paid attention to Reiff because he was always projected to go so much earlier.

Dammit, Patriots trading again

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Check that, Bengals just traded out of that pick

JensK
04-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Patriots moving for who?

Nolrog
04-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Pats just traded up to the 21st pick. No word on what they gave up, but they reported Chandler Jones will be their pick.

cbrunn
patriots have to be Defense

BlitzburghRockCity
I can just smell DeCastro now but the Browns could take him if they don't go WR. Pats won't take him and Lions probably won't either.

coldrolled
pats may save us the grief of Donta

The Lakelander
04-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Damn ... I hate this wait

JensK
I can just smell DeCastro now but the Browns could take him if they don't go WR. Pats won't take him and Lions probably won't either.

Lions COULD use a OL player of some sort, however I think they want to go defense. This is starting to get exciting!!

Black@Gold Forever32

Browns won't take Decastro....I think they take a WR......Kendall Wright or Stephen Hill....

strummerfan

I'll be pissed if they take a two down linebacker like Hightower in the 1st round.

coldrolled
04-26-2012, 11:05 PM
cinci is at 27 they wont get decastro browns dont need him.

lions will pick him

cbrunn
04-26-2012, 11:05 PM

me and you both

MillerTime83
04-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Going to try and call these picks before they say em.... Titans = Hightower. NE = Jones. (I wanted Jones, but one small step towards DeCastro)

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2012, 11:07 PM
If he gets past the Browns, he's ours!

Nolrog
Steelers up after 2 more picks. Decastro, Reif, Hightower and Glenn all still on the board (assuming the Jones pick correct for NE.)

coach
I don't thinks Lions or Clowns will go O-line.

Farrior Fan
I'm so glad we can't draft Poe

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm so glad we can't draft Poe

you and me both.....

JensK
04-26-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm extremely nervous right now.. Might be all the sugar kicking in from the energy drinks though.

JensK
04-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Steelers OTC

cbrunn
04-26-2012, 11:12 PM
lol alot of ppl in the NFL steelers war room talking about they don't need to pick Oline ... since they slid so far there good depth later on ... some ppl

The Lakelander
We're getting a solid O-Lineman!

Cordy Glenn!

Nolrog
Steelers OTC

Yeah, but the TV is 2 or 3 picks behind.

CLEVELAND SCREWED THE POOCH!!!!!!!!!!

JensK
04-26-2012, 11:13 PM
lol alot of ppl in the NFL steelers war room talking about they don't need to pick Oline ... since they slid so far there good depth later on ... some ppl

Which is true. However, Glenn, Reiff and DeCastro are amazing talents and value at 24. Moreso than Hightower probably.

strummerfan
hahahahahaha

Farrior Fan
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on baby----- Lions, you don't need DeCastro

strummerfan
yes
yes
yes

JensK
Holy crap....

coach
04-26-2012, 11:14 PM
There it is................................................ ...........................................

cbrunn
04-26-2012, 11:14 PM
yeah there top rank 15 players at a position of absolute need though ...not just luxury picks

strummerfan
04-26-2012, 11:15 PM
We're getting a solid O-Lineman!

Cordy Glenn!

DECASTRO or Fleener!

cbrunn
Decastro or Reiff ?? who would you rather want

Deviouz1
Yeah, but the TV is 2 or 3 picks behind.

CLEVELAND SCREWED THE POOCH!!!!!!!!!!

you expected something else? lol. like... really? i figure theyre going to figure out a way to ruin richardson. i actually feel sorry for the poor guy.

MillerTime83
04-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Wonder what is taking us so long.... Pouncy pick was in real fast.

strummerfan
Decastro

SteelCityKid5
Its gonna be DeCastro..not sexy but definitely needed

Farrior Fan
04-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Which is true. However, Glenn, Reiff and DeCastro are amazing talents and value at 24. Moreso than Hightower probably.

BINGO - combine the fact that DeCastro is a flat out stud with the fact that we NEED Oline and we SHOULD have a winner.

I am sold on Sly and Foote splitting time this year.

And oh yeah - hahahahah Brownies, idiots

The Lakelander
04-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Glenn is going to be the pick! :cope:

xBlitzBurghx
04-26-2012, 11:18 PM
This decastro guy better be good. I'm so tired. Of linemen its not even funny. Were gonna end up drafting ol for the next 30 drafts in the first round

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

cbrunn
04-26-2012, 11:19 PM
if they take Glenn over Decastro or Reiff ...i'll be extremely heated

Nolrog
04-26-2012, 11:19 PM
DECASTRO!!!!!!!!!!!! (still on the board.)

strummerfan
04-26-2012, 11:20 PM
please

Number99
04-26-2012, 11:20 PM
wow just wow

strummerfan
04-26-2012, 11:21 PM
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
David Decastro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbrunn
wow that's an ultimate win for us in this draft

strummerfan
I'm so freaking happy about this pick

Farrior Fan
HELLZ to the muther flukin yeah

JensK
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

coach
04-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Now we can double clutch on the O-line. Zeitler in second can't be any more of a stretch than having Glenn and DD to choose from in the first.

gtadroptop
Decastro!

Nolrog
Certainly better than Coby fu**** Fleener.

The Lakelander
Instant starter!

JensK
I cannot start to explain how amazing this is!!!!!!

Deviouz1
im STUNNED he was still on the board.

JensK
04-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Also, Patriots are surprisingly aggressive.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2012, 11:23 PM
I guess I have to give up my left nut......

JensK
04-26-2012, 11:24 PM

Lol, I guess so :D And Hightower went to Patriots which is awesome as it means Ravens won't get him. This night is getting better and better.

cbrunn
04-26-2012, 11:24 PM

lol looks like it

Farrior Fan
04-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Anyone in the know, knows that we just stole DeCastro. I was mad that we didn't trade up for him, now I'm in heaven. AFCN opponents are not happy right now. Lets hope the Ratbirds go QB, because thats the only thing that could make tonight better.

Danger DANJ
04-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Nah, you can keep it. Nobody wants it. lol.

I can't believe Patriots moved up again and got Hightower. I hate them so much!

coach
04-26-2012, 11:26 PM
But they will take Konz now. Oh well. It is a good night.

ChucktownSteeler
I had a hunch about this earlier in the week.

I am going to buy a lottery ticket Saturday!

C-town

K Train
INCREDIBLE.....this is the best case scenerio.

this is a game changer, this oline is among the best with this addition

MillerTime83
04-26-2012, 11:27 PM
At 24 DeCastro is a steal! Although it probably hurt the steelers to draft o line.

JensK
But they will take Konz now. Oh well. It is a good night.

I can live with Konz just fine. He is a great talent but in my opinion not same caliber player that DeCastro is.

Also, I think Bengals was smart when they traded. They'll probably get Glenn who might have been the player they were after.

The Lakelander
Now we can relax ... maybe draft another O-Lineman ... Decastro was way off my radar ...

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm so happy....Gilbert, Pouncey, Decastro............two firsts and a second round pick....The Steelers OL is close to be dominating once again....

Number99
04-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Lol, I guess so :D And Hightower went to Patriots which is awesome as it means Ravens won't get him. This night is getting better and better.

o yeah..... Hightower to the Pats is the icing on the cake sort of

ChucktownSteeler
04-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Now we can relax ... maybe draft another O-Lineman ... Decastro was way off my radar ...

I had a hunch he may fall, posted a thread earlier. I saw him bouncing all over the boards.

Great pick!

JensK

I hope they pick up some kind of talented OT somewhere in the draft, or even another OG. I'd be fine with Gilbert and Colon as our tackles.

K Train
oh my god....i dont even have words. so happy

JensK
Wow.. Texans is going to be so beasty on defense now going to become scary.

Farrior Fan
04-26-2012, 11:30 PM
From CBSsports Some NFL scouts believe Stanford guard David DeCastro may be an even better interior line prospect than Maurkice Pouncey of Florida, who was drafted 18th overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2010 and made the Pro Bowl as a rookie. Coaches and teammates believe DeCastro's serious attitude and penchant for perfection were as important as his innate physical abilities in making him as good as he is. "He arrives angry and focused and expects everybody else to be the same," said Stanford Coach David Shaw. "If he thinks something needs to be said, he says it and when he speaks the players listen." "He is so serious he sometimes thinks a high five after

a touchdown is too frivolous because it might break concentration," offered Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck. "But the person he is hardest on is himself." Sure enough, after earning nothing but praise and honors for the last three seasons at Stanford, DeCastro's most vivid memory is one play as a redshirt freshman in 2009. It was The Sack -- the only one he gave up in his college career. "Brian Price of UCLA," DeCastro recited. "I set outside and he came back and countered inside. He sacked Andrew." Scouts think DeCastro's serious attitude and penchant for perfection will work well for him, especially packaged with his size, strength, quickness and ornery attitude on the field. It also helped that he flourished in a pro-style offense at Stanford, where he not only pass blocked for Luck, but was a key reason the Cardinal rushing game was one of the best in college football. Although his father and grandfather were both rugby stars in South Africa, DeCastro credits his size and study habits to his mother, Jennifer, who is taller than six-feet and has three degrees, including a Ph.D. in audiolgy. Still, DeCastro admits that although he loves academics he "hates to read," unless it is a playbook. Based on projections for his near future, that may be all he needs to read.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2012, 11:30 PM
INCREDIBLE.....this is the best case scenerio.

this is a game changer, this oline is among the best with this addition

How shocked are you K train?....Pouncey and Decastro together will dominate the interior...Throw in Gilbert.....Damn the Steelers OL is close to being a top unit once again....

Black@Gold Forever32
04-26-2012, 11:32 PM
I hope they pick up some kind of talented OT somewhere in the draft, or even another OG. I'd be fine with Gilbert and Colon as our tackles.

the kid from Cal would be awesome....

K Train
04-26-2012, 11:33 PM
i had decastro 6th overall..hes an elite prospect. he will be a game changer, a true difference maker. i was like in tears waiting

K Train
04-26-2012, 11:34 PM
gilbert, DECASTRO, POUNCEY, foster, colon is a great oline

The Lakelander
04-26-2012, 11:35 PM
So does DeCastro play on the right side between Pouncey and Colon or on the left side between Pouncey and Gilbert?

Or maybe DeCastro plays C and we move Pouncey to LG where he is such a stud?

JensK
04-26-2012, 11:35 PM
the kid from Cal would be awesome....

Mitchell Schwartz? I like him alright, along with Osemele and Mike Adams. Probably be OK with Brooks as well.

Zeitler over Glenn?!!??!

JensK
04-26-2012, 11:36 PM
So does DeCastro play on the right side between Pouncey and Colon or on the left side between Pouncey and Gilbert?

He is a LG in my opinion, and most certainly not a center; especially not since we have Pouncey already.

K Train
04-26-2012, 11:36 PM

decastro plays left....hes gonna be amazing.

he was awful at center, hes MADE for guard

Farrior Fan
04-26-2012, 11:37 PM

Only if Willie can stay onsides lmao

cbrunn
04-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Adams in the 2nd anybody ?????

coach
04-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Crap. Cinci took him.
K, you had him going in the first.

MillerTime83
Reminds me of Hartings Faneca era

K Train
zeitler sucks, i would have hated that....decastro im in love with

JollyRob68
04-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Glenn is going to be the pick! :cope:

Hell Yeah we got DeCastro. Ktrain must be busting a @&# with joy. I am, ah Skeet Skeet.OUTSTANDING

JensK
Ravens trading out of the first. That is interesting.

Black@Gold Forever32

I'm no Colon fan but when he goes from your best OL to your 4th best OL in three short years then yes the Steelers OL is a damn good if they all stay healthy........I'm fine with Colon now if healthy with three serious talents along the OL....I still think an OT is a need......Wouldn't mind an OT drafted in the 2nd round but I doubt that happens.......I think the Steelers go defense in the 2nd but we will have to wait and see.....

Farrior Fan
04-26-2012, 11:42 PM
I would love Adams in the 2nd.....with all the injuries and depth issues we have been forced to endure it is a possiblity.

We don't need QB, TE, WR, CB, Dline except NT, CB

I would be happy with any oline, NT, RB, or Safety as our next few picks

K Train
04-26-2012, 11:43 PM
seoncd pick is kendricks or pead

cbrunn
04-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Adams in the second ...kick Colon inside ...

Gilbert, Decastro, Pouncey , Colon, Adams .... reserves Foster and Lerg.

Now that's a oline

JensK
04-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Pead in the second would make me sad.

DIESELMAN
04-26-2012, 11:46 PM
That's one hell of a way to start the draft!! I thought no way DeCastro falls to us at #24. Sweet ****ing pick!!!

JollyRob68
04-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Adams in the 2nd anybody ?????

Adams wil fall to them but with DeCastro they might wait til the 4th or 5th

Farrior Fan
04-26-2012, 11:54 PM
I'm so glad we lost to the Broncos!!!!

cbrunn
04-26-2012, 11:54 PM
so with the night to think things over ... what if the Rams come calling about Wallace ... and say Offer one of their early seconds and their third ??? do you make the trade ????

it makes sense for both teams ... i would hate to see Wallace go but i think that would be hard to turn down

MillerTime83
04-27-2012, 12:01 AM
I dont think Wallace is going anywhere

cbrunn
04-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Me either ... just a what if scenario

igor0190
04-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Konz and Cordy Glenn still sitting there

JollyRob68
04-27-2012, 12:11 AM
so with the night to think things over ... what if the Rams come calling about Wallace ... and say Offer one of their early seconds and their third ??? do you make the trade ????

it makes sense for both teams ... i would hate to see Wallace go but i think that would be hard to turn down

they'd probably only offer #33 or #39 & a late pick. I'd take #33 and then the choice is Upshaw,Glenn,Fleener or Massie.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Wallace isn't going anywhere........no need to panic really...Its only April.....

cbrunn
04-27-2012, 12:13 AM
can't believe the Analysis isn't talking about Steelers taking Decastro at 24 which was a steal and an ultimate need

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Damn Belichick getting 2 big names, that's a huge first round for them.

MillerTime83
04-27-2012, 12:16 AM
can't believe the Analysis isn't talking about Steelers taking Decastro at 24 which was a steal and an ultimate need

Thats ok we got our new Faneca/ Hartings combo.

Zachintosh66
04-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Damn... Ben's Foot, Ankle, Shoulder, Head, Ribs, Hand just said thank you!

igor0190
04-27-2012, 12:21 AM

Having some pedigree next to Pouncey should SERIOUSLY help him stay healthy. Adding an extra guy that can play like DeCastro will make our line so much better. You can cover up 1 medoicre guard on the line, but put 2 in there and someone is gonna blow through.

Farrior Fan
04-27-2012, 12:21 AM
maybe we can actually run the ball again too

The Lakelander
04-27-2012, 12:23 AM
RB Robert Turbin in Round 2 and tell Mendenhall to go suck some Bin Laden balls?

The Lakelander
04-27-2012, 12:26 AM
We might not be done taking O-linemen ...

coldrolled
04-27-2012, 12:29 AM
lets get mike adams

HUNT4SEVEN
04-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Picking Peter Konz in the first would rock, and you damn well better believe that the Ravens would be pissed!

If not Peter Konz is there, Chase Minifield is by far my favorite CB for the Steelers. Obviously we all want them to trade up for Decastro, but we also realize that there is practically no chance for that to happen.

I doubt Jared Crick will last till the third round. I see him go pretty high most places.

I bet u sh^tted bricks when we picked Decastro huh? :lol:LOL now if we could get Konz we could cut Legursky and foster:crossfingers:

connecticutsteel
04-27-2012, 12:49 AM
Not that it matters that much but typical ESPN&NFL Network spent all of 15 seconds on the steelers pick heck even last year they showed heyward for a minute

JollyRob68
04-27-2012, 12:54 AM
Not that it matters that much but typical ESPN&NFL Network spent all of 15 seconds on the steelers pick heck even last year they showed heyward for a minute

I do hate that. We wait all night and they dont gives us our time.. On ESPN Boomer tried to say why DeCastro they need Defense and got cut off quickly by Gruden.

igor0190
04-27-2012, 01:00 AM
I do hate that. We wait all night and they dont gives us our time.. On ESPN Boomer tried to say why DeCastro they need Defense and got cut off quickly by Gruden.

Need defense? Please... we were still the #1 ranked defense in the league last year, and if our offense could score more and hang on to the ball more, our D would be in a much better position. Yeah, were getting older on D, but I'm confident Sly/Foote will do a nice job in the middle next to Timmons. We have a good group of young corners, and the safeties in this draft aren't 1st rounders. Best player available and it happens to fill our most glaring need.

Phenomenal TJ
04-27-2012, 01:37 AM
SO pumped for the DeCastro pick, even though typing his name over and over is giving me a headache, lol. That kid can flat out play.

K Train
04-27-2012, 01:39 AM

better...i mean that

gtadroptop
04-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Did I read that right - this kid only allowed one sack his entire college career? Holy Hell!!!

JensK
04-27-2012, 07:29 AM
I bet u sh^tted bricks when we picked Decastro huh? :lol:LOL now if we could get Konz we could cut Legursky and foster:crossfingers:

Haha yeah. That was very very surprising.

MDSteel15
04-27-2012, 07:45 AM
I just want to say thank you to the Seattle Seahawks for making the biggest turd pick in the past 5 years! Why in the world would you take Bruce Irvin who can't stay out of trouble when you have DeCastro sitting on the board?

coach
04-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Anyone like Alameda Ta'amu in the second?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2012, 07:51 PM
More OL, and a LB or DL to boot would make me quite happy. Glenn or Ta'amu or Osemeli

strummerfan
04-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Anyone like Alameda Ta'amu in the second?

I'm hoping for one of Ta'amu, Fleener, Brooks, Siloatu(Sp?),Kendricks or Massie in the 2nd.

JollyRob68
04-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Silatolu I would **** a brick or Brooks.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Rams just took Quick..would have thought they'd take someone more ready to play now with more big time college experience.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Fleener is gone, just joined Luck with the colts

strummerfan
04-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Fleener is gone, just joined Luck with the colts

Solid move giving the Rookie a familiar target.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Ratbirds took Upshaw...I already hate him

coach
04-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Please start a run on WR and leave those big boyz for us. Show me some big OL or NT.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Browns taking OL now, Schwartz RT. They need someone to block for Richardson but they're missing out on WR's again....

strummerfan
04-27-2012, 08:28 PM
wow Scwartz already?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2012, 08:32 PM
These picks are flying bye... Rams got their WR now with one of the 10 billion picks in this draft

coach
04-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Jenkins' mentor is now Finagan (hmmm). Not sure about that pick even though his talent level definitely warrants the pick.

strummerfan
04-27-2012, 08:38 PM
crap there goes silatolu

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Glenn is off the board now, Bills just took him

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Still got Ta'amu , Osemeli, and some good lineman left in this round... *fingers crossed*

coach
04-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Here go the WRs.

strummerfan
04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Jets have Holmes and Hill, that could be a formidable WR corps.

cmerrifield
04-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Jets have Holmes and Hill, that could be a formidable WR corps.

Just need a QB.

sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Run on offensive lineman here in the 2nd round, defensive lineman too. Adams still on the board, so is Ta'amu and Osemeli

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Inching closer to the steelers pick... common already!!!