PDA

View Full Version : Where does the Denver game rank?

Go 'Lers
01-11-2012, 09:39 AM
...in terms of painful losses? I can't remember such a game where things didn't go our way that live in lore like this game.

The 4th and 3 in the '94 AFC championship?
The roughing the kicker call in the '02 divisional round against the Titans?
Now, the quick strike 80 yard touchdown in sudden death OT on the first $@&#ing play by Tebow of all people?

We're not a team defined by a long list of painful losses like The Drive and The Fumble so how does this "Mile High Meltdown" compare?

LatrobePA
01-11-2012, 10:10 AM
As bad as losing the SB last year for me! I've stopped watching anything on TV that will re air footage from Last Year and this past game...

daubs57
01-11-2012, 10:24 AM
im still in shock. it was worse than when the braves came back to beat the pirates with two outs in the ninth inning to ge to the world series. it will take a long time to get over this. im getting really sick of espn making tebow out to be the second coming of joe montana. he played a great game against the steelers but the defense let him play that type of game by not going after him. granted we had a ton of injuries but thats no excuse, no defensive pressure = steelers lose end of the season! tought to swallow but time will hopefully heal and with the draft coming the steelers had better address the issuse at hand, oline and dline

MDSteel15
01-11-2012, 10:28 AM
I would put it right behind Super Bowl 30.... :banging:

steelersbabex25
01-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Not that bad for me. Kind of the same thing as the Pens losing in the first round last year. Put up a good fight, but in the end they wouldn't have made it far anyway.

LarryNJ
01-11-2012, 10:47 AM
This is no where near the top for me. Although I expected to win I didn't think we had much of a chance to win it all. The real disappointments are when you expect to win the Super Bowl.

AFC Championship loss to Chargers
AFC CHampionship loss to Denver
AFC Championship loss to Pats in '01
last years SB

The Pirates loss to the Braves was much worse than this game too.

MattyVfromCT
01-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Right up there with 94 and sb xxx..........

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2012, 11:14 AM
im still in shock. it was worse than when the braves came back to beat the pirates with two outs in the ninth inning to ge to the world series. it will take a long time to get over this. im getting really sick of espn making tebow out to be the second coming of joe montana. he played a great game against the steelers but the defense let him play that type of game by not going after him. granted we had a ton of injuries but thats no excuse, no defensive pressure = steelers lose end of the season! tought to swallow but time will hopefully heal and with the draft coming the steelers had better address the issuse at hand, oline and dline

This loss to Denver is right up there. Losing to clearly an inferior team;allowing a fake QB
like Tebum to look like a superstar;...this loss really, really hurts. The only solace I can
get from this game is that I don't think we were healthy enough to beat the Patriots if we had won anyway.

Scorp
01-11-2012, 11:27 AM
As fast as Tebow put it to an end.....it doesn't hurt at all. And no, i am not in denial. I win and lose like a true Steelers fan. So it's far in the rearview mirror with no rank.

LatrobePA
01-11-2012, 11:41 AM
As fast as Tebow put it to an end.....it doesn't hurt at all. And no, i am not in denial. I win and lose like a true Steelers fan. So it's far in the rearview mirror with no rank.

Liar! lol

I feel like Tebow had sex with my mother then punched me in the stomach!

Scorp
01-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Liar! lol

I feel like Tebow had sex with my mother then punched me in the stomach!

That bad? :lol: Are you serious?

LatrobePA
01-11-2012, 11:51 AM
That bad? :lol: Are you serious?

LOL, pretty bad I won't lie...

I think the part that stands out that I cannot get out of my mind is that last drive B4 OT they just let the time run off during a drive that could of ended it!

elephantman
01-11-2012, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=Go 'Lers;474556][SIZE="4"]...in terms of painful losses? I can't remember such a game where things didn't go our way that live in lore like this game.

The 4th and 3 in the '94 AFC championship?
The roughing the kicker call in the '02 divisional round against the Titans?
Now, the quick strike 80 yard touchdown in sudden death OT on the first $@&#ing play by Tebow of all people?

this loss doesent rank that high in modern steeler history (Cowher yr+)

1) 94 AFC championship game Chargers) this was our yr (would lose SB however)
2) 2001 AFC championship game (Pats) this was our year (and I HATE PATS)
3) 2004 AFC championship game (pats) this was our year (^^^^^^)
4) 1998 AFC champ (Broncos) kinda our year
4) 2002 AFC divisional (Titans) Bad call^ this WASNT our year but bad call hurts
5) 2010 SB But Green bay was better

The Denver game is no worse than the jags in 07 as we would NOT beat the PATS next week with all our injuries and would rather lose to TEBOW than BRADY

My favorite win was the 2008 AFC championship game as it was finallly a HOME win for the fans

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-11-2012, 01:16 PM
The worst because Denver really sucks. What an embarassment. I can't wait til I fo gedda bout it. Will be a long time. Tebow is a complete fluke. It just so happens that there scheme has not been discovered completely. In fact they don't have a scheme at all and it is fn every other teams counter plans. How you gonna defend against this idiocy with a team that looks and plays like the Steelers 2011. Result, we couldn't. I don't think they can BS their way to SB though. The contenders have the staff that the Steelers don't and that should stop and shut the Doncos down.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-11-2012, 02:55 PM
This loss wasnt even painful for me. Shocking is a better word. Also, embarrassing. It was painful to lose the SB last year, but that just doesnt fit for me this year

steelchamp204
01-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Its not that painful. Look we live and die with our secondary even though it was ranked #1 you never knew what kind of play you were gonna get from week to week. ****** O-line with a banged up Qb. Its not that big of shock that we lost. If it was any other Qb it wouldnt be that big of deal. Just another 1 rnd knockout. You gotta give Tebow credit when credit is due and he played pretty good in big moments.

elephantman
01-11-2012, 04:02 PM
agree...not too painfull...the 92 yd Drive from flacco was more tough to stomach....this way we dont have to get a beatin by the Pats next week...we are too beat up ...its a minor blessing

coldrolled
01-11-2012, 04:30 PM
agree...not too painfull...the 92 yd Drive from flacco was more tough to stomach....this way we dont have to get a beatin by the Pats next week...we are too beat up ...its a minor blessing

i think the team felt it too. well they played like they felt that way.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Ike Taylor said today on his weekly show that this loss hurt more than the super bowl. You'd think maybe he was nuts but in a sense I can see his point. His poor play was a contributing factor to the loss. You certainly can't put it all on him though.

For me this one stinks because they came back, were so close, and then blew it. In the end though I didn't have that much faith that they'd be able to even field a team the following week much less figure out a way to win again.

Nolrog
01-11-2012, 07:08 PM
This game is no where near other losses. Getting shut out on the 1 in the AFC championship game (John L would have gotten you that yard Dad). Neil O'Donnell's choke of the super bowl. Last year getting down 2 scores quickly.

This game isn't anywhere near them. We were terribly injured, missing a couple key players and sustained several more injuries during the game. Not to mention the game planning was terrible.

Granite State Steel
01-12-2012, 10:05 PM

Amen brotha.

I'll add to that. What's to hate about about Tebow? Honestly, he's moving on and we're not. Sure we don't know about his staying power, but right now he's got a team inspired and a city quite excited. Who wouldn't love to trade those emotions with that team and town at this time.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-12-2012, 11:52 PM

I agree!! I got over the loss already and all losses are equally painful !!

OldSchool58
01-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Yeah, it sucks and all, but I'm not really feeling any pain. At least now I can focus all my time and energy on sticking pins in my Tom Brady doll.......since I can't seem to find my Bruce Arians doll anywhere.

UKSTEELER
01-13-2012, 08:23 AM
It was painful . . .

but as soon as we only came away with 6 points instead of 14 in the first quarter the writing was on the wall, you could see what was going to happen . . . and I knew we'd at the very least make hard work of it.

Not even close to SB 30 - Jaysis . . . we were the better team on that day, if not for O'Dummell's late meltdown we would have been chaps! :rant2:

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-13-2012, 09:08 AM
It was painful . . .

but as soon as we only came away with 6 points instead of 14 in the first quarter the writing was on the wall, you could see what was going to happen . . . and I knew we'd at the very least make hard work of it.

Not even close to SB 30 - Jaysis . . . we were the better team on that day, if not for O'Dummell's late meltdown we would have been chaps! :rant2:

It just should not have happened.

steelspikes
01-15-2012, 10:22 AM
This was one of the worst because it make us look so stupid. Plus losing to a team with a pretender at QB who had just one real offensive weapon: Demarius Thomas. And that's the guy you let beat you.