PDA

View Full Version : Dont'a Hightower

mcfly06
01-09-2012, 11:21 PM
While watching this National Championship game tonight and watching Bama all year, i really thing Hightower would be a great pick for us. If hes on the board,should we draft him? He can play inside linebacker,outside, even some DE like he did on that 3rd down play to cause that fumble. what do you guys think??

cmerrifield
01-10-2012, 07:44 AM
I was just coming to ask the same thing, Jim Wexell likes him, he tweeted him a a couple other guys in his prospect watch. He says "he has fallen out of favor with Geeks, but still might be a first rounder."
https://twitter.com/#!/jimwexell/status/156525655792689152

I think ILB is either our biggest need, or Sylvester is ready and we are good there.

K Train
01-10-2012, 10:45 AM
i put guard as the #1 need and then MLB/CB/FS/NT all kinda tie.

i like hightower a lot...hed be perfect next to timmons. His versatility reminds me of adalius thomas, and hes a great inside blitzer and has the size to take on guards that timmons didnt have coming into the league

LatrobePA
01-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Any player from Bama will do lol!!

Rampage
01-10-2012, 11:21 AM
i put guard as the #1 need and then MLB/CB/FS/NT all kinda tie.

i like hightower a lot...hed be perfect next to timmons. His versatility reminds me of adalius thomas, and hes a great inside blitzer and has the size to take on guards that timmons didnt have coming into the league

I agree with your targets. Guard followed by anything up the middle on defense. One guy who I am starting to gain some interest in for this team is Dontari Poe who looks like the best 3-4 NT prospect in the draft and should be there at 24. Still, I have heard that he is very raw, so that is a concern.

Speaking of guards though, who would be there at 24 this year? DeCastro looks like he'll be the most highly coveted player at the position this year, but I imagine he'll be gone in the top 15. At the beginning of the season, I was high on Glenn, but it looked like he dropped in the rankings as the season wore on. Who are the other first round caliber guys this season? Also, what about the guys like a Brandon Washington that will go later and look more developmental?

K Train
01-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Brandon Washington is gonna be a player on the rise to keep an eye on. I like cordy glenn alright, but i would opt for osemele and konz over him as far as interior lineman go.

A dream would be to get konz, put him at center and watch pouncey make sexual magic at left guard.

I dont like poe at all, not for this defense...id rather roll with mcclendon, hood, and woods then waste a pick on poe. Hes not a good fit. Taamu would be a good fit but i dont think a first round pick would be worth it for him, hes just not THAT kind of NT. give me jesse chapman (another bama player) in the 3rd.

Right now im liking osemele and konz, but decastro would allow the steelers to do whatever they want on offense.

connecticutsteel
01-10-2012, 07:33 PM
I am not optomistic that they will resign Starks. So again Left Tackle will be a weakness .If we can trade up for DeCastro we should do it but that is a pipe dream as is riely rieff.I think we can get osoleme in the 1st and Nate Potter in the second,Chase Minnefield would also be tempting Mark Barron makes good sense for a #1

cmerrifield
01-10-2012, 07:51 PM
I am not optomistic that they will resign Starks. So again Left Tackle will be a weakness .If we can trade up for DeCastro we should do it but that is a pipe dream as is riely rieff.I think we can get osoleme in the 1st and Nate Potter in the second,Chase Minnefield would also be tempting Mark Barron makes good sense for a #1

You dont think Gilbert can move to LT with Colon back? I think Gilbert, Legs, Pouncey, Draft pick, Colon would be a pretty decent line.

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

connecticutsteel
01-11-2012, 05:33 AM
I think nose tackle is the top priority because after Hampton has acl surgery he'll be slower and more useless as far as offense goes i would move pouncey next to gilbert put brewster or konz at center and take osomele @#24 .I really liked poe at NT at first but at second look is filled with red flags and my gut tells me Chapman is our guy for the next 10+ yrs at NT.Student vs Teacher Epic battles during the Ravens game Cody vs Chapman

MDSteel15
01-11-2012, 09:34 AM
I think nose tackle is the top priority because after Hampton has acl surgery he'll be slower and more useless as far as offense goes i would move pouncey next to gilbert put brewster or konz at center and take osomele @#24 .I really liked poe at NT at first but at second look is filled with red flags and my gut tells me Chapman is our guy for the next 10+ yrs at NT.Student vs Teacher Epic battles during the Ravens game Cody vs Chapman

If you take Osomele (which I am all for) and move Pouncey to Gaurd, I'd take David Molk of Michigan! He should be there in the 2nd or 3rd round! Maybe even 4th... But he showed me he can play while being hurt when he came back in the bowl game after getting hurt early on! That's the toughness our O-line needs... :imho:

connecticutsteel
01-11-2012, 11:41 AM
It may have been a very different season if they resigned Flozell Adams

K Train
01-11-2012, 11:51 AM

Riley Reiff is not that good, hes a tackle id be furious at spending a #1 on. I like chase minnifield, but the bama safeties Barron and Lester are both very average players....top safety in the class is dre kirkpatrick imo, barron is a 2nd round guy and lester is a 4th round guy.

i think they resign starks reasonably, but trading up for decastro would be amazing.

You dont think Gilbert can move to LT with Colon back? I think Gilbert, Legs, Pouncey, Draft pick, Colon would be a pretty decent line.

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

Legursky is just not an NFL caliber starter...id like to see either 2 guards or a guard and a center, or a guard and a tackle taken.

Mcclendon, hood, and woods arent bad options at NT...NT isnt a #1 priority just because theres no BJ Rajis or Phil Taylors this year. Taamu is a 2nd round prospect who would be a beast for us and chapman is a 2nd/3rd round guy

Id love Konz at center and pouncey at guard...thats 2 probowl interior lineman and just would make the tackles look so much better

It may have been a very different season if they resigned Flozell Adams

cosigned

tburg68
01-14-2012, 02:06 PM
I almost wish Legursky wasn't on the team so that people WOULD STOP talking about him being good enough to start. He is a versatile backup ONLY!

connecticutsteel
01-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Riley Reiff is not that good, hes a tackle id be furious at spending a #1 on. I like chase minnifield, but the bama safeties Barron and Lester are both very average players....top safety in the class is dre kirkpatrick imo, barron is a 2nd round guy and lester is a 4th round guy.

i think they resign starks reasonably, but trading up for decastro would be amazing.

Legursky is just not an NFL caliber starter...id like to see either 2 guards or a guard and a center, or a guard and a tackle taken.
P.S I don't like rieff but he will be gone anyway

Mcclendon, hood, and woods arent bad options at NT...NT isnt a #1 priority just because theres no BJ Rajis or Phil Taylors this year. Taamu is a 2nd round prospect who would be a beast for us and chapman is a 2nd/3rd round guy

Id love Konz at center and pouncey at guard...thats 2 probowl interior lineman and just would make the tackles look so much better

cosigned

I would agree with you if i thought they would move woods or hood but they won't .Also Woods isn't game ready he's a bit of a project Chapman could shuttle .

JensK
01-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Woods have been a project long enough. It is time for him to show a team that he is ready to play in the NFL. And he might as well show it here! If he could show some promise, we would look pretty good and young on that d-line, although I would not mind bringing in another early round DE and NT pretty soon.

connecticutsteel
01-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Well if Rooney wants the old o he better have an all world O-line or else it won't work .If we get our line fixed we will be unstoppable!

nuclearchihuahuas
01-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Well if Rooney wants the old o he better have an all world O-line or else it won't work .If we get our line fixed we will be unstoppable!

Thank you! We need a guard and a tackle in rounds 1 and 2...after that focus on the D

JollyRob68
01-23-2012, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=K Train;474314]i put guard as the #1 need and then MLB/CB/FS/NT all kinda tie.

Ktrain what is your thoughts on John Malecki we signed hin to futures contract. He was on the squad through preseason. I liked him and was surprised he was cut back then.