PDA

View Full Version : Salary Cap casualities 2012

cmerrifield
01-09-2012, 07:18 PM
I think Foote, Hampton, Nate Allen, Kemo and Battle will be cut. Ward will have to take a pay cut. Farrior and Clark could be out of a job. Then there could be a "big name" cut like Porter was. I still think that if someone offers Wallace a contract with our first round tender on him, which means they get that teams first round pick, I think the Steelers will take the draft pick rather than match the offer. The Steelers are happy with Brown and Sanders as starters and I think they would then go after Cotchery and Ward as 3rd and 4th WR's and draft another WR or give Grisham a chance.

NYCsteelersfan
01-09-2012, 07:21 PM
I would give up every single one of our wide receivers in exchange for 2 or 3 good offensive lineman. It doesn't matter how could the receivers are if the quarterback never has time to throw it.

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2012, 07:44 PM
I would give up every single one of our wide receivers in exchange for 2 or 3 good offensive lineman. It doesn't matter how could the receivers are if the quarterback never has time to throw it.

If Wallace could bring us an additional first round pick, I'd have to consider it. Because we have a surplus at WR. Not saying I'd do it per say, but I'd have to think about it.

Zachintosh66
01-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Nate Allen

wish we had nate allen...

cmerrifield
01-09-2012, 08:08 PM
wish we had nate allen...

Yeah sorry meant Will Allen

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-09-2012, 08:57 PM
A chance to get first rounder for Wallace...GO FOR IT !! After what he has shown it would definitely be worth a first round pick!!

steelchamp204
01-09-2012, 09:21 PM
I wouldnt be mad if Wallace wasnt a steeler anyway. He is good but who knows what we could get out of another 1 rnd pick. Maybe we would get a good solid guard. Who knows we will see though.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-09-2012, 09:23 PM

Amen. A center that is rock solid.

Dee Mca
01-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Funny how Wallace was talking all the crap early in the year that he was going to hit 2k yards receiving. Too bad it was AB that hit the 2k mark combined in receiving and return yardage. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Wallace go for a first round pick.

steelchamp204
01-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Funny how Wallace was talking all the crap early in the year that he was going to hit 2k yards receiving. Too bad it was AB that hit the 2k mark combined in receiving and return yardage. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Wallace go for a first round pick.

Funny how timmons said this year would be a breakout year and he was gonna have 10 sacks also. We all seen how that turned out :yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2012, 10:09 PM
This is going to be the most important offseason in a long time for the Steelers. Those tough decisions that they've been putting off, hoping to get one more year out of the veterans is about done with. There will be many new faces on the Steelers next year and even though we don't always like change, new blood and an infusion of talent at key positions can and I believe will make all the difference in the world.