PDA

View Full Version : Expect the same team next year.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-09-2012, 03:56 PM
At this point, I think we're all a little bit shocked or angry. Many of us are calling for changes including me. But do you honestly expect anything to change? I don't expect our FO to go out and get any free agents this year. Ben is begging to keep BA for another season...again, and they dont wanna dissapoint their star QB. My guess is that Lebeau will have the choice left up to him on whether or not to step down, so I expect him back also. I expect the same old team with a few minor changes regarding some of the older players but expect the same team and coaching staff next year unless someone in the FO decides that enough is enough.

Stone
01-09-2012, 04:10 PM
It will be hard, even after several months, to get excited if we have the same coaching staff!

Nolrog
01-09-2012, 04:36 PM
It's hard to say expect the same next year when we don't know what the draft will look like, if the coaching staff will change, if some of the older players will retire (or be let go.) If we'll sustain the same extent of injuries next year and so on.

Let's climb off the ledge and just enjoy the rest of the post season while rooting for the Pats and Rats to lose.

Troyisabeast_43
01-09-2012, 04:43 PM
I think there will be some changes to the defense and the offensive line. Guys on defense such as Smith,Hampton,Farrior just to name a few need to be let go, and this offensive line needs improved a great deal and it needs to fix some of these problems through free agency.

Goodfrom55
01-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Arians cannot come back. LeBeau was not good yesterday, but I'll take him for another year or so. RELEVANT Players wise, look for Hines, Farrior, Smith, Batch, Hamp, Foote, McFadden, Suisham to be gone.

Raleigh Steel
01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
At this point, I think we're all a little bit shocked or angry. Many of us are calling for changes including me. But do you honestly expect anything to change? I don't expect our FO to go out and get any free agents this year. Ben is begging to keep BA for another season...again, and they dont wanna dissapoint their star QB. My guess is that Lebeau will have the choice left up to him on whether or not to step down, so I expect him back also. I expect the same old team with a few minor changes and coaching staff next year unless someone in the FO decides that enough is enough.

maybe the rooneys and/or tomlin will finally sack up and tell ben that he doesn't call the shots, they do. he is an employee of the steelers and is compensated very well, and if they want to fire arians, then ben should shut his pie hole and except whomever is the next OC they hire.

bottom line, is, the sound that was heard after the game was the window slamming shut. the FO has to realize that this isn't the team, players and coaches, that's gonna get back to the 2008-09 level. and that window is not gonna open unless drastic changes are made, namely the OC.

BR7
01-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Well, if a few people stick around with their coloring books and crayons, I know for a fact who will expect a change from me.. Directv!

HUNT4SEVEN
01-09-2012, 04:51 PM
It will be hard, even after several months, to get excited if we have the same coaching staff!

I was just thinking the same thing, change is good and we need it, on both sides of the ball,i'll still root for my Steelers, but i'll be extremely dissapointed if the same staff is back next season...:evilshake:

steelers75
01-09-2012, 05:16 PM
bottom line, is, the sound that was heard after the game was the window slamming shut. the FO has to realize that this isn't the team, players and coaches, that's gonna get back to the 2008-09 level. and that window is not gonna open unless drastic changes are made, namely the OC.

Had the same OC in '08...

Destossel
01-09-2012, 05:30 PM
I think PB only brought Arians back this year because of the lockout. Putting in a new offense in the short time they had would have been difficult. Tomlin acknowledged today in his press conference that change could be coming but continuity would be the goal.

I hope BA is done as I have never, ever cared for him. He was not even good enough for Cleveland.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I think PB only brought Arians back this year because of the lockout. Putting in a new offense in the short time they had would have been difficult. Tomlin acknowledged today in his press conference that change could be coming but continuity would be the goal.

I hope BA is done as I have never, ever cared for him. He was not even good enough for Cleveland.

Good theory. Hope you're right

TampaSteelGirl
01-09-2012, 05:46 PM

Honestly this makes sense.....you can't tell me that Tomlin was happy with BA's play calling in SB...but yes it makes sense that he keeps him 1 more year because of the lockout and fear of who the heck would we get......

I hope hes gone this year too!!!

Zachintosh66
01-09-2012, 06:00 PM
basically thats what im afraid of... same ole situation

even BA... Ben is his golfing buddy, he aint going no where bc Ben runs this team not Tomlin

papabaier
01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I can't stand the play calling and game plans, or lack thereof, of this staff. How can you not be ready for a playoff game? What team did they look at films for? Just phucking dreadful. If Arians is there next year, I will not tune in.
Tomlin has shown time and time again he calls a game to not lose it, instead of calling it to win it.
Tough schedule next year. Won't even make the playoffs with this bunch.:2cents:

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-09-2012, 06:46 PM
If we did bring in a new OC, who would you guys want?

coldrolled
01-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Josh McDaniels is already signed up with the pats. they know what they have in him.

Schott is being blamed for Martinez's losses. Schott was an offensive genius last year...
I think Martinez and Holmes ruined their offense. Schott is a good pick. crap.. anybody over arians.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-09-2012, 07:21 PM
I'd love to see BA gone and hope like hell it happens...His play calling just baffles the hell out of me. I know Ben wants to throw more ,but when he is hurt you need to adjust the game plan,and his game plan never changes.
I would like to see LeBeau around even though yesterday was not a highlight of his career. It is hard for me to call for his head when the defense was missing as many starters as it was. In his defense I will say he at least has shown the ability to phase in new players ...

Who's call is it to change coaches? Does Tomlin have that authority or is it the front office?

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 07:41 PM
I can see Raheem Morris coming in on defense, not sure on offense, is there someone from within?

Nolrog
01-09-2012, 07:51 PM
If we did bring in a new OC, who would you guys want?

Ron Earhart.

Zachintosh66
01-09-2012, 07:55 PM
by martinez, you mean sanchez?

Ron Earhart. :lol:

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2012, 08:45 PM

I have to agree with this. I'm not seeing the same commitment to the lines that we used to see. A serious commitment.

coach
01-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Change is good. Honestly, anyone would be better. How many times did you watch a game this year and call the play out before the ball was snapped?

steelchamp204
01-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Change is good. Honestly, anyone would be better. How many times did you watch a game this year and call the play out before the ball was snapped?

BUBBLE SCREEN!!!!!!

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 09:53 PM
BUBBLE SCREEN!!!!!!

Empty set!

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Tomlin ain't rulin out change is coaching staff. Wonder if he is thinking about himself?

steelchamp204
01-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Empty set!

HERE HINES, TAKE THIS SHOVEL PASS FOR A -3 LOSS FOR YOUR 1000TH CAREER CATCH. ITS A GREAT WAY TO MAKE HISTORY!!!!!

Blazedby92
01-09-2012, 10:27 PM
We have a def coor. Waiting in the wings (Butler) and as stated before anyone is better than BA

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 10:45 PM
We have a def coor. Waiting in the wings (Butler) and as stated before anyone is better than BA

Sounds good to me!

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Man this sucks. FO with all your money. It was totally wasted. People are starvin out here and all you could do was throw good money away. You got screwed.

LevonKirkland99
01-09-2012, 11:02 PM
I can see Raheem Morris coming in on defense, not sure on offense, is there someone from within?

I heard Raheem could be with the Redskins as DB Coach..We should get Kyle Shanny as OC...

papabaier
01-10-2012, 11:17 AM
maybe Mike MArtz or Todd HAley

Rampage
01-10-2012, 11:42 AM
While I am sure there will be many faces returning to the lineup, I'm sure some will be leaving. As much as we would like to see a ton of change as fans, this is real life; it isn't as simple as Madden 12. All I am looking for are some steps in the right direction: Aging guys like Smith, Ward and Hampton should consider retirement and the team needs to get the starters younger, not the bench, via free agency and the draft.

K Train
01-10-2012, 11:42 AM
it will be a lot different with some vets gone and guys like cortez allen, keenan lewis, curtis brown, cam heyward, sly, and gilbert all being thrown into the lineup more