PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 All Time Worst Steeler (Player) Post-Season Performances

tat2
01-09-2012, 08:12 AM
1. Neil O'Donnell vs. Cowboys Super Bowl XXX
2. Ike Taylor vs. Broncos 2012

BR7
01-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Kordell Stweart vs Patriots 2001
Tim McKyer vs Chargers 1994
Mike Tomczak vs Patriots 1996

Nolrog
01-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Ike is taking too much blame for this. The entire game plan was structured around stopping the run and daring him to pass.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Tomlin and Lebeau.

By the way, you can add Ben. Terrible performance in the first SB.

BR7
01-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Ike is taking too much blame for this. The entire game plan was structured around stopping the run and daring him to pass.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Tomlin and Lebeau.

By the way, you can add Ben. Terrible performance in the first SB.

LeBeau surely doesn't get a pass, but you absolutely can blame Ike. Gearing up to stop the run doesn't mean Ike doesn't have a job to do. Ike belongs on the list. I'd say Ben in '05 too, but he won. I think the list is meant for losing efforts.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 09:57 AM
I haven't lived long enough to make up this list but I don't think you can put Ike at #2 just because of extenuating circumstances.

BR7
01-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Mckyer had an Ike like performance giving up two 43 yard bombs (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199501150pit.htm) from Stan Humphries. Very dissapointing with that otherwise dominant defense in the mid 90's.

Ike has to be top 3, IMO.

SteelDad
01-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Don't know how you could dismiss the defense's performance from SB XLV either...

BR7
01-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Don't know how you could dismiss the defense's performance from SB XLV either...

I think BA deserves honarable mention for XLV. It was his choice not to attack Woodsons replacement, which worked well.

Nolrog
01-09-2012, 01:55 PM
LeBeau surely doesn't get a pass, but you absolutely can blame Ike. Gearing up to stop the run doesn't mean Ike doesn't have a job to do.

True, but in this case it also meant he didn't have the over the top support he normally would have had.

BR7
01-09-2012, 03:21 PM
True, but in this case it also meant he didn't have the over the top support he normally would have had.

He didn't have it, correct, we all know that. So did he know he didn't have deep support? If he knew, they why did he play outside technique? If he didn't know, it's on Mundy/LeBeau/Tomlin. Regardless, of that one play, Ike played horrible. He also got bitch slapped while attempting to make that tackle.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 03:24 PM
He also got bitch slapped while attempting to make that tackle.

The embarassing part right there. Letting a receiver stiff arm you like that. SMH.

Nolrog
01-09-2012, 03:39 PM
He didn't have it, correct, we all know that. So did he know he didn't have deep support? If he knew, they why did he play outside technique? If he didn't know, it's on Mundy/LeBeau/Tomlin. Regardless, of that one play, Ike played horrible. He also got bitch slapped while attempting to make that tackle.

There's some good questions. Did Ike know he didn't have deep support? If not, then he played the wrong technique.

Did LeBeau decide to forgo deep support in favor of a more run orientated defense? He did that a lot during the game ya know. Tebow is not very accurate but he did the job yesterday. LeBeau schemed a horrible game.

Ike did miss the tackle, no question about that. Allowing the WR to scamper some 60 more YAC was unconscionable (sp?)

Lot of questions still need to be answered, but not all of them directed at Ike.

BR7
01-09-2012, 03:40 PM
The embarassing part right there. Letting a receiver stiff arm you like that. SMH.

That wasn't a stiff arm.. he got bitch slapped! Like when Lynch bitch slapped that defender (Porter?) on the Saints last year. Shows you who wanted it more...

Goodfrom55
01-09-2012, 03:44 PM
James Harrison was taken to school on the play action fake, Tebow keeper. He lost contain on several plays. Ike, worst game of career. Still have faith in him, but he stunk up the field last night.

--- Added 1/9/2012 at 02:44 PM ---

That wasn't a stiff arm.. he got bitch slapped! Like when Lynch bitch slapped that defender (Porter?) on the Saints last year. Shows you who wanted it more...

thats what happens when you try to arm tackle instead of trying to tackle the WR low.

cbyzerman
01-09-2012, 03:49 PM
kordell stewert against denver too. I forgot what yr it was.

Bill cower 1994 against chargers for sitting on the lead

Forged in Steel
01-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Roethlisberger vs. Packers Super Bowl XLV
Mendenhall vs. Packers Super Bowl XLV