PDA

View Full Version : Trade Mendenhall

JoeSteelerFan
01-09-2012, 06:49 AM
BOOM!

How's that for a 1st thread? :tt02:

I'm serious. We need too much help in other areas and Mendenhall's value would allow us to get some of it. Besides ... I think Redman is more of a Pittsburgh style of "forward lean" RB. There's no doubt he's more than capable of handling a starting role. He and Jonathan Dwyer would be a nice combo.

:2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2012, 08:04 AM
You'll get little arguement from some of us this. I'm not sure how much you'll get for him now after the inconsistent year and now a blown knee that won't have him ready fully ready to go until late summer at the earliest.

When he's on his game, he can be lethal, but the Steelers offensive line issues and his style of running just don't mix well. Until the first gets fixed, the second one certainly won't either.

Even people that say, oh well he had all those yards last year and our offensive line stunk...he had a 3.9 ypc average in 2010, that won't cut it either.

SteelDad
01-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Here's why I like the idea.... I have faith in Redman and possibly Clay and/or Dwyer carrying the load. I also like the thought of Baron Batch being a change of pace/third down guy. Lastly, there would be no need to pay Mendenhall the dough he is expecting.

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Now isn't the best time to put your RB on the trading blocks with a torn ACL!

I personally hate his sissy running style and would have no problems getting a stick of gum for him!

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Now isn't the best time to put your RB on the trading blocks with a torn ACL!

I personally hate his sissy running style and would have no problems getting a stick of gum for him!

Maybe new Trident Layers perhaps..

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Maybe new Trident Layers perhaps..

Yummmm!

Nolrog
01-09-2012, 09:03 AM
BOOM!

How's that for a 1st thread? :tt02:

Poor.

Mendenhall has a torn ACL and will be rehabbing for the next 10-12 months. He's completely untradable.

coldrolled
01-09-2012, 09:11 AM
You know who im thinking of getting rid of..?

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 09:16 AM

Hmmmm

Bcrue Aniras?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Here's why I like the idea.... I have faith in Redman and possibly Clay and/or Dwyer carrying the load. I also like the thought of Baron Batch being a change of pace/third down guy. Lastly, there would be no need to pay Mendenhall the dough he is expecting.

This bad luck for Mendenhall could be what gets Redman the chance he's been looking for to be a starter. Rashard is going to want big money when his contract is up after 2012, that's a given, but if you're the Steelers you think twice about giving him that big deal, totally agree Marc. You'd get next to nothing for him right now, even based on his performance before he got hurt. Now, looking towards next season. with Redman, Dwyer, Clay, and Batch coming up to be in the mix along with Moore and Mendenhall, there are going to be some tough cuts that will have to be made. If Mendenhall isn't ready by that time, there's a chance they cut him if they think Redman can be the guy and they have enough faith in Dwyer, Clay and the rest of that group.

Raleigh Steel
01-09-2012, 09:20 AM

cold gets a slam on BA in every post...and you know what? I FREAKING LOVE IT! don't go changin cold!!!:tt02:

Zachintosh66
01-09-2012, 09:24 AM
wouldnt get anything for him now...

i think Redman proved he could be a #1 back.

now let barron. dwyer. mendy. clay. fight it out behind him. cut moore btw...

coldrolled
01-09-2012, 09:29 AM
We need to play him as our starter... then when a team loses their ace RB in the first 3 weeks of the season. trade him to them....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Baron Batch is going to make things really interesting next year. He's going to fight Mewelde for his job and that Clay/Dwyer battle should be fun.

Honestly I'm not convinced Mendenhall can't be a great back but he needs a good offensive line to be great consistently. Until the Steelers figure out a way to do that it's going to be more of the same every year.

Nolrog
01-09-2012, 01:37 PM
but he needs a good offensive line to be great consistently. Until the Steelers figure out a way to do that it's going to be more of the same every year.

A good OL makes all backs run like all pros.

Even though the league has moved to a pass first mentality, there will be a team that bulks up and runs well and beats the NE, NO and GBs of the league and then people notice and start to copy. We should lead the efforts there.

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 02:06 PM
44 pass attempts yesterday, who needs a RB?? Trade them all BA would love it!

PITTxPRIDE
01-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Rashard is possibly the best all around running back. i hear a lot of complaining about his "sissy' running style, but he carries the heavey hitter load when neccasary (browns game when ben was hurt) and when he dances around the last player in the secondary and scores im sure none of the Mendy haters would be upset.

Also i liked clay in college, so when mendy and redman leave, he will shine big time. he is big burly and fast, want to see him develop more.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Rashard is possibly the best all around running back. i hear a lot of complaining about his "sissy' running style, but he carries the heavey hitter load when neccasary (browns game when ben was hurt) and when he dances around the last player in the secondary and scores im sure none of the Mendy haters would be upset.

Also i liked clay in college, so when mendy and redman leave, he will shine big time. he is big burly and fast, want to see him develop more.

How often does he get the chance to dance around the last player in the secondary? Once every 100 carries? He never even gets past the front 7.

Raleigh Steel
01-09-2012, 03:53 PM
i wish mendy was utilized in the passing game a lot more. get him out in space and he could really shine. sadly our offensive "system" prevents that.

Destossel
01-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Mendenhall has no heart. Redman is all heart. He never quits. He ran for 240+ yards in two starts using the same OL that Spinthenfall could do nothing behind. I dont expect PB to make Redman the starter but I sure would like to see him run away with the job early next while Rashard is still getting patched up.