PDA

View Full Version : Issac Redman

SteelDad
01-08-2012, 10:04 PM
He may not be a starter in this league but the guy carried the mail today. In fact I think he should have had more carries had Arians not choked when we got behind and went exclusively to the pass in the secind quarter.

Great effort by Red.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

JensK
01-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I'll admit when I'm mistaken and I was here. I'm not ready to call him great or anything, but he had a very good game everything taken into account.

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Good job Redman!!!

SnakeEyes43
01-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Yes, he did very well. The Broncos don't have the best run D, but Redman ran his *** off. Good job!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
The guy ran damn hard today and put the Steelers back into the game.....I think he should be the starter going forward...Don't waste the money on resigning Mendenhall.........Just add another RB to combo with Redman.....

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 10:09 PM
I hate to toot my own horn but...what the hell. :toot:

SteelDad
01-08-2012, 10:09 PM
The guy ran damn hard today and put the Steelers back into the game.....I think he should be the starter going forward...Don't waste the money on resigning Mendenhall.........Just add another RB to combo with Redman.....

I would agree with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Outstanding day for Redman, he came through as advertised. He was a bright spot, probably the most consistent player on the team today besides Heath Miller. Redman got the first downs, picked up the yards, and did what we saw him do all year long in spot duty. He answered the call today and it was awesome to see him step up.

17 carries, 121 yds. That's just over a 7 ypc average. A pretty nice day at the office.

jpele
01-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Outstanding day for Redman, he came through as advertised. He was a bright spot, probably the most consistent player on the team today besides Heath Miller. Redman got the first downs, picked up the yards, and did what we saw him do all year long in spot duty. He answered the call today and it was awesome to see him step up.

17 carries, 121 yds. That's just over a 7 ypc average. A pretty nice day at the office.

And that was with the defense keying on him all day and nothing for an offensives line.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Redman does hit the holes really slow as I think we all noticed tonight. But the silver lining is, atleast he hits them at all. That was a refreshing sight to see.

SteelerCountry58
01-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Redman stepped up today and did a great job I thought.
Yeah,he's a little slow off the draw but he knows how to grind yards.
Not a every down back but he's a good complementary back.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2012, 11:38 PM
The difference with Redman is that when he hits the hole, he goes full speed through it. He can pull off the spin moves because he keeps his feet moving and he has good vision. He isn't going to break any speed records but honestly I'll take those 4-5 yd. gains every time because he gets positive yardage.

Mendenhall is much quicker and if he gets to the hole he can make a big play. Consistency is the issue I have with him.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 11:49 PM
The difference with Redman is that when he hits the hole, he goes full speed through it. He can pull off the spin moves because he keeps his feet moving and he has good vision. He isn't going to break any speed records but honestly I'll take those 4-5 yd. gains every time because he gets positive yardage.

Mendenhall is much quicker and if he gets to the hole he can make a big play. Consistency is the issue I have with him.

Yeah but Mendenhall so rarely hits the hole that his speed it almost useless. He has no patience at all and his view of the field I feel is really off most of the time. Should bounce it outside when he runs it up the gut, should run it up the gut when he bounces it to the outside.

Destossel
01-09-2012, 03:11 AM
It wont happen but I am all for Redman being the featured back. Mendenhall needs to have his head examined after the awfull football he played this year. He had moments but he was downright awful for weeks on end. Redman had 246 yards rushing in two games behind the same line Mendy has used. How can that be ? Redman does not have speed or strength of Mendenhall but he has something that this team lacked this season.....heart.

steelchamp204
01-09-2012, 05:20 AM
You all should know Ive been a redman fan since the beg of this seasona dn pulled for him to get a starting chance. Im glad he came through. Wheres my boy KTRAIN at?

SteelersWoman
01-09-2012, 05:57 AM
... Redman does not have speed or strength of Mendenhall but he has something that this team lacked this season.....heart.

I would agree that Ike doesn't have Mendenhall's speed, but I think he's got him beat in strength. Just my opinion...

UKSTEELER
01-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Anyone with half a brain cell could tell that Redman should have been featured a lot more this season, he's got it, heart, ability, strength . . .

Guess what? Arians hasn't got half a brain cell!!

Arians:duh: me:banging:

JensK
01-09-2012, 07:22 AM
I would agree that Ike doesn't have Mendenhall's speed, but I think he's got him beat in strength. Just my opinion...

I'm actually not so sure. Mendenhall was thought to be freakishly strong coming out from college. He also looks to be quite bulked for a runningback. He just seems to phase out at times, sadly.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Interesting. After his two fumbles everyone was soooo scared for him to be carrying the load. I seem to remember a certain poster saying that she promised that Redman would not fumble and he would have a solid game. Who was that poster again....

I'm just gloating. Carry on.

Zachintosh66
01-09-2012, 10:32 AM
ive been nervous since day one with this cat. mendy may be a bit more explosive. but redman runs with more hunger...

think he proved he can tote the rock as #1 back

good game mr. issac!

Troyisabeast_43
01-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Redman played very well and made some big key runs on 3rd down that helped the Steelers get back in the game and eventually tie it. He was very very low on the list of the problems the Steelers had yesterday in that game...

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Redman was the only bright spot in the game IMO...

igor0190
01-09-2012, 02:13 PM
What I saw was Redman being slower allowed the holes to open and he saw them and hit them well. He doesn't have the breakaway speed Mendenhall does though. That being said, Mendenhall doesn't see the holes because he has no patience and usually ends up running into our offensive lineman and flopping to the ground.

TampaSteelGirl
01-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I have loved this kid since day 1! He's a starter for sure...saved us so many times! Sick of BA abandoning the run when we are getting what we need!! Redman will get better and better!!!! :tt02:

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2012, 08:53 PM
I see Redman and Dwyer going at it in camp.