PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison not up to par?

JShare86
01-08-2012, 08:51 PM
He almost had a worse game than Ike. It seemed like he had never seen this offense in his life and completely sucked tonight way to go silverback/deebo:yellowthumb:

JensK
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
I don't think it was that bad but he was certainly not the same player who earned the DPOY. I think this witch-hunting on him is taking its toll.

BR7
01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Simms said when he spoke to LeBeau, LeBeau claimed he had them ready for the Bronco's option run.. hahaha. Harrison had no clue what to do today. He broke contain on every option run to his side.

SteelDad
01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Simms said when he spoke to LeBeau, LeBeau claimed he had them ready for the Bronco's option run.. hahaha. Harrison had no clue what to do today. He broke contain on every option run to his side.

Yup. Harrison was out of position several times on Tebow keepers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

JensK
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM
I know I'm going to sound bitchy here, but what was Harrison really supposed to do? The option-plays was so perfect against our defense. You shift get the ball and run to the side. Harrison never had any backup over there, so he kept contain on Tebow most of the time. He could hardly be asked to cover the option as well, which was left wide open on numerous occasions. I might be mistaken, but I think that most of Tebow's runs came on the inside.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 09:17 PM
He almost had a worse game than Ike. It seemed like he had never seen this offense in his life and completely sucked tonight way to go silverback/deebo:yellowthumb:

He was held on more than one occasion. Pass rush is being faded out by non-holding calls throughout the league. We need to score 20+ consistently, because expecting to hold teams to under 20 consistently in this new NFL is unrealistic.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Harrison was schooled both times he played against Joe Thomas in the Browns game. Coming into this game getting Woodley back on the field, you were lulled into thinking it was going to be a breakout performance and a multi sack game.

The fact is, Harrison was out of position, falling down, and sucking wind on too many occasions. It wasn't his best game, he has them from time to time, everybody does. Like Ike Taylor though you wish it didn't happen in the playoffs.

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2012, 09:19 PM
I know I'm going to sound bitchy here, but what was Harrison really supposed to do? The option-plays was so perfect against our defense. You shift get the ball and run to the side. Harrison never had any backup over there, so he kept contain on Tebow most of the time. He could hardly be asked to cover the option as well, which was left wide open on numerous occasions. I might be mistaken, but I think that most of Tebow's runs came on the inside.

Your right!!!!! Because again, HAMPTON IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have no real presence in the
middle and haven't had one in a while.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 09:23 PM

Agreed. To me it seemed like Harrison was actually the only one with any chance on Tebow for every option. He was the only player who kept his eye on Tebow but Tebow is obviously quicker on his feet than Harrison and, like you said JensK, Harrison never had a backup there to help him.

Also it's hard to have an impact when you have a 300 pound guy pulling at your arm the entire game.

DanRooney
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
And where was the $61 million man? Too fatigued for half the game again? Woodley might want to add another move other than the bullrush to his arsenal.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
And where was the $61 million man? Too fatigued for half the game again? Woodley might want to add another move other than the bullrush to his arsenal.

Sigh. Woodley was the best player on defense for the 4 weeks up until his injury and he still doesn't silence the critics.

Iron Paul
01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Your right!!!!! Because again, HAMPTON IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have no real presence in the
middle and haven't had one in a while.
I'll take Harrison any day. He may have had an off day, but being held on almost every play and it not being called is an absolute travesty.

--- Added 1/8/2012 at 09:01 PM ---

I'll take Harrison any day. He may have had an off day, but being held on almost every play and it not being called is an absolute travesty.

Danger DANJ
01-09-2012, 05:29 AM
I made a post about this already, but I don't blame Harrison or Woodley. The D-line is supposed to open things up for the linebackers to attack but that rarely happened, especially once Kiesel and Hampton went down. When they went down, that is when the Broncos started scoring. McClendon, Heyward and Hood were a joke. The lack of a pass rush was their downfall. Without one, you can't expect Ike and Gay to cover their guys forever.

UKSTEELER
01-09-2012, 07:01 AM
This was far from Silverback's finest hour, but at least he was visible on the field, and he was held on more than one occasion.

steelersgal86
01-09-2012, 07:16 AM
This was far from Silverback's finest hour, but at least he was visible on the field, and he was held on more than one occasion.

that is true, we saw a few times he was being held...he still went after tebow on a few occasions..and had a few other nice hits...he cant be the beast he is every game...cant blame one player for that loss

UKSTEELER
01-09-2012, 07:29 AM
that is true, we saw a few times he was being held...he still went after tebow on a few occasions..and had a few other nice hits...he cant be the beast he is every game...cant blame one player for that loss

Going forward I'm more worried about the inside LInebackers . . .

Potsie, too old, too slow, needs to retire
Foote, just not good enough, back up at best
Timmons, flashes of brilliance, but far from a complete inside backer, would benefit from a proper headhunter alongside him
Sly, . . . not really played, will he pan out, need to find out . .

in short this area of the team needs addressing early on Draft day.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Going forward I'm more worried about the inside LInebackers . . .

Potsie, too old, too slow, needs to retire
Foote, just not good enough, back up at best
Timmons, flashes of brilliance, but far from a complete inside backer, would benefit from a proper headhunter alongside him
Sly, . . . not really played, will he pan out, need to find out . .

in short this area of the team needs addressing early on Draft day.

To be fair, Timmons didn't really have a chance to excel this year. He was moving back and forth so much that he never got a chance to learn one position or the other. He was just being whipped around the whole season, filling in where ever he was needed.

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Harrison blew a knee out yesterday making a tackle he hates to make (a low one). The rules have made it almost impossible for him to play the game like he wants and should!

Don't blame Harrison for going soft at times, blame the new rules!!

Zachintosh66
01-09-2012, 09:36 AM
he hasnt been the same all year...

he looked lost at times last night

you cant tell me pitts d didnt practice vs the read or option... wth james

ive said this before and ill say it again (which im sure wont go over well, again) harrison is overrated

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 09:41 AM
ive said this before and ill say it again (which im sure wont go over well, again) harrison is overrated

9 sacks and 2 FF this year for a player who missed significant playing time. Not too shabby.

Was he overrated in 08 when he had 16 sacks and 7 FF? Or 09 when he had 10 sacks and 5 FF? Or last year when he had 10.5 sacks and 6 FF? You can say he's overrated all you want but he's one of the few players who consistantly performs when he's on the field. That is a much needed asset on our defense.

BR7
01-09-2012, 10:15 AM
I blame the scheme more than I do Harrison's effort. I don't know whats worse, Harrison looking lost on the field at times or Woodley watching from the sidelines.

Farrior needs to go and IMO, so does the tired predictable 3-4.

Three Four
01-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I blame the scheme more than I do Harrison's effort. I don't know whats worse, Harrison looking lost on the field at times or Woodley watching from the sidelines.

Farrior needs to go and IMO, so does the tired predictable 3-4.

Farrior was on the sidelines too for most of the game. The NFL is a passing league. The Steelers were up against a run team which they had not faced with too many injured players. I doubt Harrison and Woodley were playing 100%.

steelchamp204
01-09-2012, 11:09 AM

Maybe lose about 15 pounds this offseason also. Dude is slow as **** out there

coldrolled
01-09-2012, 11:27 AM
He will retire this year.

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 11:40 AM
He will retire this year.

I'm betting!

I have a feeling Raheem Morris will be hired for something...

steelchamp204
01-09-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm betting!

I have a feeling Raheem Morris will be hired for something...

Idc who it is really. Im ready for a change and growing pain that goes along with it than stick with the same ol same ol for another few years. Im kinda relieved this season is over so we can see what changes will be made and whats gonna happen. Im pretty excited actually about this offseason

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Idc who it is really. Im ready for a change and growing pain that goes along with it than stick with the same ol same ol for another few years. Im kinda relieved this season is over so we can see what changes will be made and whats gonna happen. Im pretty excited actually about this offseason

Same here, this game had me worked up badly, I'm ready to take a break and see what next season brings..

I feel it's time for a major house cleaning...

steelchamp204
01-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Same here, this game had me worked up badly, I'm ready to take a break and see what next season brings..

I feel it's time for a major house cleaning...

HAHA I was working lastnight and I had my gamecast on for espn. I would get all excited when they went up 6-0, then pissed off when it was 20-6. The I was on break when they came back to tie it up. The they lost. I have it recorded on my DVR, but i just dont have the gut to watch it yet lol

--- Added 1/9/2012 at 10:50 AM ---

Am I the only one who thinks woodley needs to lose weight to be faster. I mean this guy is kinda slow of a edge rusher.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2012, 11:53 AM
The reality is for Harrison, and it's hard to swallow, he's not the player he was before. He is still very capable and can be dominant but the back surgeries and new NFL rules have rendered him less of an impact player on a consistent basis.

He's still got a couple years left in him, I have no doubt of that, but Tomlin and Lebeau better make sure they have confidence in Jason Worilds or find a suitable replacement here in the next or 2.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 03:19 PM
When will people stop bitching about Woodley? The ignorance is getting old.

LevonKirkland99
01-09-2012, 10:39 PM
When will people stop bitching about Woodley? The ignorance is getting old.

I agree, leave him the hell alone.. The guy was hurt and probably not 100%. WE lost the game and it's the end of the road for us this year. CHIN up and move on.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Woodley right now, IMO, is more valuable to this team than Harrison is. Both guys together are obviously great, neither one can be blocked one on one by the majority of Tackles in the NFL. However in the case of Woodley, I would say based on his performance that if he stays healthy he's got better numbers than Harrison does. Also, Woodley is younger and not as prone to the penalties, fines, and suspensions that Harrison is.

franchise3
01-10-2012, 03:20 PM
He's still got a couple years left in him, I have no doubt of that, but Tomlin and Lebeau better make sure they have confidence in Jason Worilds or find a suitable replacement here in the next or 2.

So you think he will be back with the Steelers? I highly doubt it. We can't afford him.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Absolutely he will be back. They don't have to clean house that bad. Besides do you really think they have that much confidence in Worilds yet to take over full time? I certainly don't. He did improve but Harrison proved his worth enough this year when he was out that you need him back in there.

Harrison will be asked to restructure his deal, that's a given, and he'll be fine with that. Players don't care about restructuring their contracts most of the time. He does have a high cap value but he's still more than worth keeping around for a couple years yet. Once you factor in any players that retire or get cut, and then factor in the restructures of high priced players like Woodley, Harrison, Roethlisberger, Polamalu, Keisel, etc. they'll save enough money to take care of business.

coldrolled
01-11-2012, 04:27 PM
I get it .... Harrison and or Woodley need to go......

Arians is staying... ?? I would keep every player on our team over Arians.

Including well maybe Suisam

LatrobePA
01-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Some surprise cuts coming, I got a feeling!