PDA

View Full Version : Official Officials Rant

SteelDad
01-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Let me state VERY CLEARLY that I dont blame the officials for this loss.

What I am wondering however is how on Earth could two blantant personal fouls not be called and where the hell were the holding calls? Kemo didnt even get one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

JensK
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
What is even worse (sort of) is that the officiating was terrible for both teams. I'd obviously argue that Steelers got screwed more than Broncos but the officiating was just bad all night long. And has really been so thus far in the playoffs.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Oh god. Let's not do this.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 09:50 PM
What is even worse (sort of) is that the officiating was terrible for both teams. I'd obviously argue that Steelers got screwed more than Broncos but the officiating was just bad all night long. And has really been so thus far in the playoffs.

Agreed. Minus the blatant holding on Harrison that was missed all night, all season, and all of his career, the officiating was equally bad on both sides.

JensK
01-08-2012, 09:50 PM

Can't we for once be like other fans and blame the refs? Just one single time? :(

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Can't we for once be like other fans and blame the refs? Just one single time? :(

I think we blame the refs a little too much most of the time.

SteelDad
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Do you people not read? I specifically said I am not blaming the refs. Doesnt mean I dont have questions though...

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
We need a philosophical change. I blame the fact that the team doesn't focus on making running the ball a priority any more. Because if they did, we would have a better O-line right now.

And they don't value the D-line putting pressure on the opposing QB up the middle of the pocket. Because if they did, we would have found a nose tackle to take the place of Hampton (who can't play anymore).

In the last couple of years, there has been a philosophical change, and it hasn't paid dividends. Yes our WR's are awsome. But they'd be more awsome if we could really run
the ball the way we used to. Play action passing with these WR's would be 30 yards a pop because the running game would pull the safties down where Brown and Wallace
would be over the top of them.

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 10:02 PM
As I said the other day "I hate them all"!! These jackasses were onesided as hell!

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Do you people not read? I specifically said I am not blaming the refs. Doesnt mean I dont have questions though...

:hide: :crying: So mean :(

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 10:05 PM

It's not whining or unsportsmanlike to talk about this. As a matter of fact, it would be stupid not to talk about it. It's like digging your head in the sand and making pretend it doesn't go on.

The officials, through some form of explicit or implicit orders from the league office make certain call for games to go a certain way. It happens nearly every game. All a Steelers fan has to do is think back to the interception that Polamalu made on Manning in 2005 that was then overturned by an explanation that made no sense.

The more people stop listening to the media's banter about it being "whining" or about how "the calls even out in the end," the more this $hit will be under the spotlight, and then maybe the league would have to stop it.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 10:14 PM
I understand that there were quite a few bad calls in the game and I'm not saying that it's ridiculous to talk about them, but I feel like it's one of those things that we talk about over and over as if we for whatever reason expected different results. Until the NFL changes how the officials are trained and some of the iffy rules in the NFL, the officiating in every game will forever be awful.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Until the NFL changes how the officials are trained and some of the iffy rules in the NFL, the officiating in every game will forever be awful.

I understand that I'll be called a conspiracy theorist, but I feel the writing is on the wall at this point. The officials know what they're doing, and they're doing it intentionally and with a motive. People need to put away any bias they have for their team and point out calls that make no sense on both sides.

It's time for people to start spotlighting these "bad" calls so the league is forced to make changes, rather than listening to sports writers and sports radio hosts who claim that talking about the refs "bad" calls is "whiny."

The Falcons were robbed on their 4th and inches in the second quarter after a "phantom spot." I hope the video makes it on youtube by a Dirty Bird fan.

Root4Stlrs
01-08-2012, 10:27 PM
I understand that I'll be called a conspiracy theorist, but I feel the writing is on the wall at this point. The officials know what they're doing, and they're doing it intentionally and with a motive. People need to put away any bias they have for their team and point out calls that make no sense on both sides.

It's time for people to start spotlighting these "bad" calls so the league is forced to make changes, rather than listening to sports writers and sports radio hosts who claim that talking about the refs "bad" calls is "whiny."

The Falcons were robbed on their 4th and inches in the second quarter after a "phantom spot." I hope the video makes it on youtube by a Dirty Bird fan.

I think we have a group of people who are too old to keep up with the play of people 40 years younger than they are. They try to be consistent but the rules are so ridiculous and the replay has become so bizarre especially as relates to catches - what is a catch or an interception? Who knows? I can't figure it out. Someone needs to get this crap under control for every team.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 10:32 PM
I think we have a group of people who are too old to keep up with the play of people 40 years younger than they are. They try to be consistent but the rules are so ridiculous and the replay has become so bizarre especially as relates to catches - what is a catch or an interception? Who knows? I can't figure it out. Someone needs to get this crap under control for every team.

:plus1:

You're last point is right on! The rule for a catch has been given so much incomprehensible fine print, that only the refs no what is and what isn't a catch, and they seem to make the call depending on the situation. I have really become disenfranchised by football over the past few years because of the intentional vagueness of rules that allow for refs to make certain calls that seem to "coincidentally" help one team or another.

He has to have complete possession and "make a football move"? What the #&%^ is a football move?

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 10:34 PM
What the #&%^ is a football move?

Anything.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Anything.

So then what isn't a football move? Nothing? Is there ever "nothing"?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Its not going to chance back to the good old days....Fuhrer Goodell wants to appeal to the casual football fans and the fantasy football fans.....nothing but offense and scoring...Its sad but true...are only option as fans is to not watch....which I'm getting close to doing.....serious doubts if I renew my Sunday Ticket next year....

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 10:36 PM
So then what isn't a football move? Nothing? Is there ever "nothing"?

Exactly.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Ron Winter is a disgrace to NFL officials. The league knows it, the fans know it, he has these kinds of games all year long, all the time, every year.

Calls were blown in epic fashion on both sides of the ball. It's as simple as that. If he calls even 1/3 of the holds his crew missed in this game the outcome may have been different. Maybe not but the issue of poor officiating is beyond out of control.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Its not going to chance back to the good old days....Fuhrer Goodell wants to appeal to the casual football fans and the fantasy football fans.....nothing but offense and scoring...Its sad but true...are only option as fans is to not watch....which I'm getting close to doing.....serious doubts if I renew my Sunday Ticket next year....

I've headed in the direction of no longer watching any games because the blatantly blown calls have reached a point of being ridiculous. And it's all for the reasons you mentioned.

Calls were blown in epic fashion on both sides of the ball. It's as simple as that. If he calls even 1/3 of the holds his crew missed in this game the outcome may have been different. Maybe not but the issue of poor officiating is beyond out of control.

Beyond out of control and sickening!

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Do you think that the league and Goodell have at some point acknowledged that calling holds on Harrison would slow the game down so much that they all just agree not to call them? Serious question.

jpele
01-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Yep the officiating sucked just like it does in every game every week seems that's how the NFL wants their product displayed.

What bothers me the most, once again a LeBeau led defense made a high school QB look all pro.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Do you think that the league and Goodell have at some point acknowledged that calling holds on Harrison would slow the game down so much that they all just agree not to call them? Serious question.

I think it was probably more of a "calling holds slows down all offenses so let's take it easy on holds UNLESS we need to call one on a team that doesn't need to have it not called because the other team would be more exciting in the playoffs."

This seems like something that would be said.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2012, 11:57 PM
I think it was probably more of a "calling holds slows down all offenses so let's take it easy on holds UNLESS we need to call one on a team that doesn't need to have it not called because the other team would be more exciting in the playoffs."

This seems like something that would be said.

I had to read that about 3 times before I got it all but well said..LOL.

Somewhere in the bowls of the NFL headquarters or in Roger Goodell's living room, he's giggling like a little school girl at how this game went down. The Steelers are out of it and James Harrison got called for a penalty..all is right with the world.

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Harrison should call the law and report a major case of *** rape!!

NYCsteelersfan
01-09-2012, 12:11 AM
I had to read that about 3 times before I got it all but well said..LOL.

Somewhere in the bowls of the NFL headquarters or in Roger Goodell's living room, he's giggling like a little school girl at how this game went down. The Steelers are out of it and James Harrison got called for a penalty..all is right with the world.

The Steelers, Falcons, Houston, Cincinnati, and Baltimore were/are part of the unexciting tandem of teams that the NFL would dislike in the Superbowl. I predict some bad calls against Baltimore next week.

As was said, the Steelers didn't lose because of the refs, but the unusual calls have become a plague.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Listening to Tim Benz on the Cooler Talk post game show, Ron Winter is a joke, I knew the team was doomed before the start. There were so many calls that were blown for both teams but the Steelers got the short end of the stick. They beat themselves last night but they also got knocked down a few more notches by the Broncos and officials.

When you have to overcome yourself and officials too, makes it twice as hard. This is nothing new for the Steelers though, they've been doing it for years now.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Actually now that I think about it...I can't really remember one penalty call where I was like :cursin:. I thought for the most part they were all pretty warranted. It's the non calls that bother me.

UKSTEELER
01-09-2012, 10:14 AM
where was the helmet to helmet hit call, the one where Wallace got flattened!

If that Was James it would have been called and everyone would be going crazy about it!

pathetic!!

Nolrog
01-09-2012, 10:16 AM
While I'm a frequent critic of the refs and their lack of calls against us (hit on a defenseless receiver maybe?) They were bad for both sides. Missed 2 face masks against us on Tebow.

This wasn't a game won or lost by the refs.

coldrolled
01-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Hey.. Harrison didnt get a call for a clean hit on the WR.. I recall him saying, if i hit them lower they may not like that... ouch... Goodell should take a note on that one.

Maybe Harrison is just to strong to play goodell's football.

Maybe Football needs a BMI and strength limit??

Zachintosh66
01-09-2012, 10:38 AM
officials did suck... but they did suck fir both sides

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-09-2012, 10:42 AM
officials did suck... but they did suck fir both sides

The refs were part of an equation without a fn solution.

PITTxPRIDE
01-09-2012, 04:08 PM
idk if any of you saw the helmet to helmet hit on mike wallace yesterday but.... im just sayin if harrison had done that, he probably would have been ejected. but i guess thats why he is the poster boy, he takes all the heat :2cents::tt02::cope::cope::cope::helmet:

madtowndrunkard
01-10-2012, 12:25 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19706529?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%29

steelersbabex25
01-10-2012, 12:44 AM
^ LOL! That's hilarious. The blue line is unofficial though.

jpele
01-10-2012, 09:22 AM
The Steelers, Falcons, Houston, Cincinnati, and Baltimore were/are part of the unexciting tandem of teams that the NFL would dislike in the Superbowl.

Roger says : Look at the avatar to solve the puzzle.