PDA

View Full Version : Ike gave up over 200 yards today!

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 08:42 PM
WTF was that Ike?

Stlrs4Life
01-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Still wondering why you didn't make the pro bowl?

SnakeEyes43
01-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Idk, that was horrible play by the secondary.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Goodness what a bad time for Ike Taylor to have his worst game of the season! If there was a time when you want him to exercise the demons of past missed pro bowls it was today. Ike has been burnt on more than 1 occasion since the bye week, we saw it agains the Bengals, and the Chiefs in particular.

He was out of position and ultimately that last pass that cost them the game was both he and Mundy's fault.

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
He was Ikes man.. He freaking sucked!!

If I were Ike I'd stay the F out of town for awhile!!

MattyVfromCT
01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
that was a mcfadden or 2009 william gay type "performance" today if you can even call it a "performance". beyond awful.........

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Ike only job was to guard Thomas and he couldn't do it. But the FO still won't upgrade at
CB.

Stlrs4Life
01-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Number 1 Defense my butt.

BR7
01-08-2012, 08:53 PM
If that was Gay, everyone would be calling for his head, saying 'typical Willie Gay' ****. Ike was ****ing horrible all day. He's never been pro bowl worthy, ever. Him being the best corner on the team isn't saying much. I really hope Tomlin steps up and give LeBeau the boot. Time to revamp the whole secondary scheme. Tampa 2 would have never given up the big plays (10 of them) like that.

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Joe from Family Guy could of covered better and he's an fn paralized cartoon character!!

SteelerJay
01-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Joe from Family Guy could of covered better and he's an fn paralized cartoon character!!

im sorry but this is great, lmao... but really hes in a wheelchair and could of did better then the whole team today

chisteeler
01-08-2012, 08:59 PM
He was Ikes man.. He freaking sucked!!

If I were Ike I'd stay the F out of town for awhile!!

More like Ike was his little bitch today. What a day for your worst performance of the season.:banging:

steelspikes
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Still really stunned. Uncomfortably numb. But also at a loss to understand why Steeler 'D' was jamming the line on that fatelful last play.
Since under the new Playoff Overtime Format, giving up a big play that nets the opponent a field goal is not fatal, and the only thing that is is giving up a TD, why risk it all by jamming the line?
It just doesn't make any sense. Of course you need someone back...and there was nobody. I am simply baffled.

Clevelandsux
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I praised these guys all year for upping there play. They both resorted back to there old selves today. Taylor an awful game.Gay got burned severtal times too.

SteelCityVoice
01-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Probably because they never expected Tebow to make those throws downfield.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Did anything the Steelers defense make sense today?....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2012, 09:53 PM
How many times do we complain when they don't jam at the line and play more press converage? You should normally like your chances when you break up the flow of the play by getting a good jam and then having secondary help over the top. Neither one of them did their job today, Mundy or Taylor on that play.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2012, 10:23 PM
You go from having your best year overall to having your worst game at the worst time possible. That goes for both Will Gay and Ike Taylor. These are the times you step up and be great, silence those pro bowl critics, shut the haters up...all they did today was add fuel to the fire.

Clevelandsux
01-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Ive praised both IKe andGay all year. But they sucked *** today.

SteelCityVoice
01-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Surely Cortez Allen and Keenan Lewis weren't THIS important. Well and Ryan Clark was missing, and of course all three defensive line starters (Smith/Kiesel/Hampton)

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Lewis was in there!

Dick refused to press his WR's, the past 3 weeks teams pressed them and assbow couldn't do ****!

Big T
01-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Ike had a bad game but you cant expect a corner to be left alone ALL game on a receiver as big, fast, and physical as DeMaryius and not give up plays like he did. There was no safety help and the defense got NO pressure ALL game. You can't expect Ike to keep him in check when a QB has 6 freaking seconds to stand in the pocket and a let s receiver reroute like they were doing. And on that overtime play it was clear that Ike was supposed to have safety help over the top. He played it outside because he thought he'd have safety help. Ike deserves some blame but the defense as a whole was pathetic tonight.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-08-2012, 11:25 PM
The new rules are definitely better BUT why is it a TD is an immediate end to the game. it's not much better then first score wins. It is better BUT I think that the other team should still get a chance to score one also!!

DanRooney
01-08-2012, 11:37 PM
The new rules are definitely better BUT why is it a TD is an immediate end to the game. it's not much better then first score wins. It is better BUT I think that the other team should still get a chance to score one also!!

The rule is there because driving 40 yards and kicking a cheesy FG to win is stupid. If your team drives the entire length of the field and gets a TD, they deserve to win. If we were to get the ball back like in college, we would have 4 downs to score a TD because we have to as opposed to their 3 downs.

floodcitygirl
01-08-2012, 11:38 PM
They played us on that one for sure. No expectation of that pass. It sucked.

pimplydan
01-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Still really stunned. Uncomfortably numb. But also at a loss to understand why Steeler 'D' was jamming the line on that fatelful last play.
Since under the new Playoff Overtime Format, giving up a big play that nets the opponent a field goal is not fatal, and the only thing that is is giving up a TD, why risk it all by jamming the line?
It just doesn't make any sense. Of course you need someone back...and there was nobody. I am simply baffled.

You hit the nail on the head , me too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StlersGuy
01-09-2012, 12:22 AM
I still am in shock myself, however we can only blame our self's we played a great 1st quarter and then it was all down hill until the 4th quarter come back. We only gave up 8 yards in the 1st quarter. I still don's understand how one team can go from only getting 8 yards to 278 or something like that in one quarter. It was like the D was sleeping. So we really can't blame anyone but us after all we are the ones who blew it.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2012, 01:14 AM
Came across this on the PG

Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor took to Twitter this evening to apologize to his team, his family and Steelers fans for his play against Denver:

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/images/stories/Dan_Gigler/IKE_APOLGIZES.jpg

Gotta give the guy credit for owning up to playing poorly. And its got to be especially disappointing for him, as Taylor was generally excellent this year, enjoying one of his finest professional seasons.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 01:16 AM
That made me sad.

Deviouz1
01-09-2012, 01:32 AM
hate to say i told you so.

but i did.

Destossel
01-09-2012, 02:17 AM
Ike was responsible for 23 of todays 29 points given up. Unreal.

However, Tebow was gettingno pressure. You can only cover someone for so long. They will get open if the QB has all day to sit in the pocket untouched.

pimplydan
01-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Giving the QB all day is out of caracter for the steelers . Ike never had to get used to this before , why do you risk it all like that in a playoff game ?

coldrolled
01-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Giving the QB all day is out of caracter for the steelers . Ike never had to get used to this before , why do you risk it all like that in a playoff game ?

Listening to the nfl pros that tebow sucks.. Listen to Gator fans like us down here, he is a rough and tough winning QB...

He played the same in Championships for us down here.

We overlooked a good athlete.

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Listening to the nfl pros that tebow sucks.. Listen to Gator fans like us down here, he is a rough and tough winning QB...

He played the same in Championships for us down here.

We overlooked a good athlete.

Yes they did, I wonder if they even practiced this week as if TT would throw the ball?

Tim Tebow completed five passes of 30+ yards Sunday. Steelers allowed just seven 30-yard pass plays during season, fewest in NFL.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2012, 10:11 PM

Tebow gave you no indication that he was capable of throwing for that many yards or making those beautiful touch passes. The Steelers got caught up on what the film said the last 3 weeks of the season and they ended up getting burnt. You normally like Ike Taylor in that situation but it wasn't to be on Sunday afternoon.

It was the lack of adjustments as well as lack of execution that killed them.

LevonKirkland99
01-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Tebow gave you no indication that he was capable of throwing for that many yards or making those beautiful touch passes. The Steelers got caught up on what the film said the last 3 weeks of the season and they ended up getting burnt. You normally like Ike Taylor in that situation but it wasn't to be on Sunday afternoon.

It was the lack of adjustments as well as lack of execution that killed them.

and Tomlin is to blame for this..he sucked a$$ all season long with his poor planning. Hate to beat a dead horse, but this team wasn't prepared at all.

steelchamp204
01-10-2012, 01:04 AM
and Tomlin is to blame for this..he sucked a$$ all season long with his poor planning. Hate to beat a dead horse, but this team wasn't prepared at all.

I finally watched the full replay of the game cause I had to record it and :evilshake: God that was hard to watch. Just didnt seem like any passion was there, just seemed they were going through the motion.

Rampage
01-10-2012, 10:47 AM
While Taylor had a game to forget, he had no over the top safety help against a QB who had all day to throw. I'm not trying to bail him out, but I think you can really blame the run defense and pass rush (or lack thereof) for this one. There were guys cheating up all day, Denver saw it and they were able to exploit it. Just makes me wonder why there was absolutely zero adjustment throughout the game.