PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory Bruce Arians offseason thread

NHStlrfan
01-08-2012, 09:33 PM
At least with the Steelers out of contention early this puts Bruce Arians out there and available for all those head coaching opportunities. So please now start praying for someone to call BA and "steal" him from us. Keep praying Steeler fans!

ON TO NEXT SEASON! Go Texans or anyone else who can eliminate Baltimore and New England!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Diehardsteel
01-08-2012, 09:35 PM
BA potentially gone and we get an earlier pick in the draft. You all know we need it.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Someone somewhere said that they read that Ben wanted BA back again. Surprise surprise. We have inept playcalling and 10% touchdown efficiency in the redzone for another whole season.

Forged in Steel
01-08-2012, 09:39 PM
ATTENTION ALL TEAMS: Bruce Arians is available for coaching opportunities on your team! He's yours, we'll even pay him to leave!

JensK
01-08-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm hearing Ba would make one helluva headcoach somewhere outside of Pittsburgh.. yay

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Someone somewhere said that they read that Ben wanted BA back again. Surprise surprise. We have inept playcalling and 10% touchdown efficiency in the redzone for another whole season.

Then get rid of them both, AZ would love to have Ben and Bruce would make a great boat anchor!

I know I'm really pissed and don't mean it about Ben but the offense has been terrible the last 3 seasons!

Stlrs4Life
01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
This game was far from bieng BAs fault.

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 09:51 PM

You are 100% right but he didn't help matters either!

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 09:52 PM

The entire season was BA's fault.

JensK
01-08-2012, 09:55 PM

Well we did go 12-14 :duh:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
this game wasn't BA's fault but he needs to go...the old man needs to go......Farrior, Hampton, Ward, Kemoeatu, Jon Scott, Sepulveda, Suisham, Steely McBeam all need to go.......

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM

I fn love you man!!! BA is a stiff how could anyone defend him?

JensK
01-08-2012, 09:57 PM
this game wasn't BA's fault but he needs to go...the old man needs to go......Farrior, Hampton, Ward, Kemoeatu, Jon Scott, Sepulveda, Suisham, Steely McBeam all need to go.......

Aww, thats low man :lol:

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Well we did go 12-14 :duh:

And then we pooped a brick in Denver.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Aww, thats low man :lol:

No, it's totally accurate. He needs to go before any of the former that were mentioned.

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM

WTF did Steely do? He's uplifting and kind to others!! Hahahahahahaha!!

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 09:59 PM
I fn love you man!!! BA is a stiff how could anyone defend him?

I'm not a man but I appreciate the love.

elephantman
01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
every fan in Football hates their OC...this wasnt on BA...we got Tebowed and our D couldnt stop em....we have Offensive line problems and injuries.....to score 24+ points on the road with a banged up QB is a lot to ask for......

blame it on Dick lebeu

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm not a man but I appreciate the love.

Figure of speech :yellowthumb:

BR7
01-08-2012, 10:04 PM
No, it's totally accurate. He needs to go before any of the former that were mentioned.

You're absolutley 100% correct.

It may not have been completly his fault tonight, but every ****ing important game this year, the team came in unprepared offensively. Every defense cordinator out-witted BA this year. 12 - 4, what the **** ever. Some games were wone in spite of BA's incompitance, not because he devised a great game plan or made second half adjustments. Today seemed no different.

**** you BA.

Diehardsteel
01-08-2012, 10:05 PM
every fan in Football hates their OC...this wasnt on BA...we got Tebowed and our D couldnt stop em....we have Offensive line problems and injuries.....to score 24+ points on the road with a banged up QB is a lot to ask for......

blame it on Dick lebeu

No one is putting the entire game on BA. There's enough blame to go around here.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 10:07 PM
every fan in Football hates their OC...

But we're actually right about ours.

SteelDad
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
I think I broke it down in a thread a couple weeks ago. BA struggles against quality teams. Proof is in the stats.

He needs to go. Tomlin needs to man up and not worry about his QB's feelings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

JensK
01-08-2012, 10:11 PM
I know this is obsolete by now, but it puzzles me that BA does not use Miller more. Every single time Miller was asked to do something in this game he did it perfect. Same thing with the Patriots game. We come out throwing it to him and it just works. Then we stop doing it and we don't return to it. I know that some claim that he is no Gronkowski or Davis and that is true. You could, however, also make the argument that he does not get the chance to be either of them as long as BA , and partially Ben I suppose, refuse to throw him the ball.

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2012, 10:13 PM

As much as I want Arians gone, I can't blame Arians if Ben doesn't want to use his TE
in the redzone.

Ben refuses to make Miller a feature part of the redzone. That's not on Arians per say. All the high scoring/red zone proficient teams use their TE's.

NHStlrfan
01-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Proof of BA stupidity.
Exhibit A: QB with sprained ankle.
Exhibit B: Starting Center out.
Exhibit C: Starting RB out.
Exhibit D: Starting guard out etc.. etc.. etc.. with injuries.
Exhibit E: BA calls empty set deep pass plays that require extended protection with fewer protectors.
I rest my case. BA has no brain.

As Einstein put it. "Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome".

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Proof of BA stupidity.
Exhibit A: QB with sprained ankle.
Exhibit B: Starting Center out.
Exhibit C: Starting RB out.
Exhibit D: Starting guard out etc.. etc.. etc.. with injuries.
Exhibit E: BA calls empty set deep pass plays that require extended protection with fewer protectors.
I rest my case. BA has no brain.

As Einstein put it. "Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome".

All valid points.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I know this is obsolete by now, but it puzzles me that BA does not use Miller more. Every single time Miller was asked to do something in this game he did it perfect. Same thing with the Patriots game. We come out throwing it to him and it just works. Then we stop doing it and we don't return to it. I know that some claim that he is no Gronkowski or Davis and that is true. You could, however, also make the argument that he does not get the chance to be either of them as long as BA , and partially Ben I suppose, refuse to throw him the ball.

A question that will always be asked until it's resolved. Heath never does anything wrong, and for some reason we always shy away from him more and more as the game goes on. First quarter, we use him a significant amount. Second quarter, we use him sometimes. Second half, he's completely absent from the game plan. Another thing that's going on in BA's little pea brain that none of us will ever understand.

NHStlrfan
01-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Further proof. Empty set this year has resulted in bubble screens of 3 yards or less or a sack of 11 yards or more approximately 70% of the time. Overall the empty set results in a success, which is defined as a play resulting in 4 or more yards less then 10% of the time. Yet this is one of the most often called formations in the playbook.

Conversely, play action has a success rate of well over 50% yet is rarely called. Play calling is in fact entirely under the control of the OC ergo BA. Again he is either insane or a Ravens fan. It can be explained no other way.

Root4Stlrs
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM

I have not been a critic of BA but I have kept my thoughts to myself for awhile. After tonight, I think he has to go. I have sat through enough nail biters with inferior teams even before Ben was gimping around.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
This was a game that you can't put on Bruce Arians. It wasn't Bruce that dropped the 50 yd catch down the middle, it was Mike Wallace. It wasn't Bruce that dropped a key 3rd down pass, it was Jerricho Cotchery. The Steelers receivers dropped some balls today, 3 in the first half alone. The offensive gameplan wasn't all that bad, although I will admit that 2nd quarter was horrific in the sense that they got away from Heath and the quick passes. Once they got back to it late in the 3rd and 4th it was fine but the players didn't execute.

NHStlrfan
01-08-2012, 10:24 PM
This was a game that you can't put on Bruce Arians. It wasn't Bruce that dropped the 50 yd catch down the middle, it was Mike Wallace. It wasn't Bruce that dropped a key 3rd down pass, it was Jerricho Cotchery. The Steelers receivers dropped some balls today, 3 in the first half alone. The offensive gameplan wasn't all that bad, although I will admit that 2nd quarter was horrific in the sense that they got away from Heath and the quick passes. Once they got back to it late in the 3rd and 4th it was fine but the players didn't execute.

BA calls the plays. No play action with a back averaging 7.1 yards per carry is criminal at best! Yes BA is at fault. A short passing game is not part of his mentality. That's why they struggle in the red zone and why they scored but 6 points in the first quarter. Championships are won by scoring touch downs not kicking field goals!

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 10:28 PM

However it was Bruce that called a screen play on 3rd and 7 in the redzone.

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 10:31 PM

And the lateral that should of been a fumble!

BR7
01-08-2012, 10:41 PM

That's creative genius at its best.

Clevelandsux
01-08-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm so sick of those garbage screens. They fool nobody and accomplished nothing. Arians must go.

BR7
01-08-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm so sick of those garbage screens. They fool nobody and accomplished nothing. Arians must go.

The play would work quite nicely if you only run it once in a while. Once every other possesion, after a failed 50+ yard bomb to Wallace, on 3rd and short, 3rd and long, on your own goaline.. well, then it's not as effective.

steelspikes
01-08-2012, 11:22 PM
You're absolutley 100% correct.

It may not have been completly his fault tonight, but every ****ing important game this year, the team came in unprepared offensively. Every defense cordinator out-witted BA this year. 12 - 4, what the **** ever. Some games were wone in spite of BA's incompitance, not because he devised a great game plan or made second half adjustments. Today seemed no different.

**** you BA.

100% agree. Ever notice when they show seasonal offensive stats on TV its always total yards and total offense.....and they never show scoring rank? BA looks ok when they show the former, but when it comes to scoring he sucks. Steelers ranked 21 out of 32 teams. Red Zone conversion? Fagetaboudit.

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 11:23 PM
3rd and 7 and you call in a 40 yard pass play that was incomplete! F BA HE'S A POS!!

Clevelandsux
01-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Ya suggs intercepted the one. And they would run them with Hines Ward. Hines Ward wasn't fast in his prime?

BR7
01-08-2012, 11:43 PM
3rd and 7 and you call in a 40 yard pass play that was incomplete! F BA HE'S A POS!!

He blew that call. Should have been a WR screen. Punting on 4th and 9 instead of 4th and 7.

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 11:45 PM
He blew that call. Should have been a WR screen. Punting on 4th and 9 instead of 4th and 7.

Lol 4 yards behind the LOS so now you actually need 11 for the first, this guy is a dick!

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 11:46 PM

What a shame.

SteelerCountry58
01-08-2012, 11:59 PM
http://5goldenrings.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/blame-arians1.jpg?w=500:yellowthumb::stirpot::yellowthum b:

Stone
01-09-2012, 03:07 PM
For now:)

As of right now, if they don't fire Arians, they've fired me! I am tired of watching a talent laden team struggle because of play calling!

I admit, my attitude is softening a bit as the sting goes away, but we all know it and that ******* has kept his job because the talent kept hiding his ineptitude but last night was the straw that broke my back!

And maybe Lebeau too! We have lost our tenacity on D and we looked foolish last night on D!

Raleigh Steel
01-09-2012, 05:01 PM
anyone notice simms and nantz talking about arians and how great of an OC he is and dumbfounded that he isn't a head coaching candidate anywhere? i laughed my butt off when they were talking about that.

arians wasn't the entire blame for the game but come on. it's 5 years into his "reign" and his offense is the same every freaking season. i'd rather watch an autopsy then his offense. it produces yards but not points...it's predictable...it goes against what's working and continues what isn't...we've been saying these things for 5 years...

he has weapons that can produce 20 points a game? against some of the shittier defenses in the league. we aren't going to get any better offensively under this jagoff. it's time for him to go!

steelers75
01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Typical. Defense shits the bed (again) and makes far and away the WORST starting QB in the league look like Joe Montana, yet it's all Arians' fault.

THIRTY YARDS PER FREAKING COMPLETION, PEOPLE.

Raleigh Steel
01-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Typical. Defense shits the bed (again) and makes far and away the WORST starting QB in the league look like Joe Montana, yet it's all Arians' fault.

THIRTY YARDS PER FREAKING COMPLETION, PEOPLE.

most of this thread is about arians has a whole, not just the last game. if you actually like watching his offense operate, than damn, you're easily impressed. but his offense is a skid mark on the underpants of the nfl. if you can't see that...oh well!

in case you haven't read any other thread, there is plenty of blame going around on the defense and lebeau! but the title of this thread is: obligatory bruce arians offseason thread.

NYCsteelersfan
01-09-2012, 08:25 PM

Denver's defense was soft and unprepared. We could've been up 14-0 with proper play-calling, which would've completely changed the game.

acero
01-09-2012, 08:28 PM
im gonna get torched for this one but this one was more on lebeau than on arias, looks like the students capers, fox are good learners !!!

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Denver's defense was soft and unprepared. We could've been up 14-0 with proper play-calling, which would've completely changed the game.

"Could have" being the operative phrase. We need to score from outside the 20 to get a touchdown so BA doesn't go into redzone offense mode.

NYCsteelersfan
01-09-2012, 09:05 PM
"Could have" being the operative phrase. We need to score from outside the 20 to get a touchdown so BA doesn't go into redzone offense mode.

I feel like scoring outside the 20 requires a WR like Burress, Moss, or Johnson (Calvin or Andre). You lob it up and they'll probably make a fool out of the defender. Otherwise, scoring outside the 20 is more of the opposing defense either missing a tackle or leaving a guy wide open, which is rare.

Do you remember that 15-20 yard pass to the sideline to Wallace last night? They threw it three times before it finally worked. I feel that was intended to be a deep scoring play, but the WR always had a defender stuck on him like glue, so even when he made the catch, he was tackles almost instantly.

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Todd Haley

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Do you remember that 15-20 yard pass to the sideline to Wallace last night? They threw it three times before it finally worked. I feel that was intended to be a deep scoring play, but the WR always had a defender stuck on him like glue, so even when he made the catch, he was tackles almost instantly.

Which is again why I said I don't understand why Ben kept trying to force it to Wallace. There were a few different defenders covering Wallace last night and they all had blanket coverage, but for some reason Ben was trying to fit it in those tight areas that he hasn't hit since the ankle injury.

The attempted TD pass to Wallace in double coverage that was almost picked comes to mind, and Miller was wide open on that play and Brown was breaking free from his defender. Part of the reason that Ben going to Wallace is not working anymore is because he sells it so quickly. Watching the game I would tell the plays that he was looking for Wallace for and the plays where we was looking for someone else. I'd assume it's just as easy for the defenders to tell.

NYCsteelersfan
01-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Which is again why I said I don't understand why Ben kept trying to force it to Wallace. There were a few different defenders covering Wallace last night and they all had blanket coverage, but for some reason Ben was trying to fit it in those tight areas that he hasn't hit since the ankle injury.

The attempted TD pass to Wallace in double coverage that was almost picked comes to mind, and Miller was wide open on that play and Brown was breaking free from his defender. Part of the reason that Ben going to Wallace is not working anymore is because he sells it so quickly. Watching the game I would tell the plays that he was looking for Wallace for and the plays where we was looking for someone else. I'd assume it's just as easy for the defenders to tell.

I think he forced it because he was told to force it. I don't think he made the decision to go to Wallace three times on that play unless that was the play given to him, and the whole point of the play is to go to Wallace. The other receivers on that route are probably running distraction routes, but going to them is either pointless or dangerous.

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 09:39 PM
The other receivers on that route are probably running distraction routes, but going to them is either pointless or dangerous.

What makes you think that? Heath Miller was wide open that drive and I trust him a hell of a lot more than I trust Mike Wallace.

NYCsteelersfan
01-09-2012, 09:50 PM
What makes you think that? Heath Miller was wide open that drive and I trust him a hell of a lot more than I trust Mike Wallace.

I meant the 20 yard side line throw. He did force it Wallace otherwise several times.

JackL58
01-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Someone, I read it in this thread, said Arians was a pea brain. That's an insult to peas. His brain is just dung, and that's an insult to dung...... If he isn't gone for next season, I am cancelling my Sunday Ticket subscription as I can't take another season of all these weapons on offense and constantly coming away with FG.... PI## poor coaching.. And yes, Tomlin, we are all calling you out to man up and take control. MAN UP!

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Someone, I read it in this thread, said Arians was a pea brain. That's an insult to peas. His brain is just dung, and that's an insult to dung...... If he isn't gone for next season, I am cancelling my Sunday Ticket subscription as I can't take another season of all these weapons on offense and constantly coming away with FG.... PI## poor coaching.. And yes, Tomlin, we are all calling you out to man up and take control. MAN UP!

I like your first post..

BR7
01-10-2012, 02:15 AM

C'mon now, what's wrong with...

1) run, run, WR screen, FG?
2) run, WR screen, run, FG?
3) WR screen, run, WR screen, FG?
4) run, run, sack, FG?
5) sack, sack, run, FG?
6) run, run, draw, FG?
7) Corner fade pass to Starks, draw, sack, FG?

any one of those series of plays 'should' work. I've seen him call most off of those, in that order. maybe not the fade to Starks, he just never flipped over his play sheet to see it. :hilarious:

Steelersfan
01-10-2012, 08:15 AM
C'mon now, what's wrong with...

1) run, run, WR screen, FG?
2) run, WR screen, run, FG?
3) WR screen, run, WR screen, FG?
4) run, run, sack, FG?
5) sack, sack, run, FG?
6) run, run, draw, FG?
7) Corner fade pass to Starks, draw, sack, FG?

any one of those series of plays 'should' work. I've seen him call most off of those, in that order. maybe not the fade to Starks, he just never flipped over his play sheet to see it. :hilarious:

You forgot to add missed fg's.....
Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

UKSTEELER
01-10-2012, 08:26 AM
We actually had a few decent outings this season, Patriots game we out coached them, exposed them and controlled the game beautifully . . .

. . . Seahawks we had a balanced attack, Mendy and Red double punch and a smattering of Ben.

. . . . Titans, the air assault 5 td's from the arm of Ben . . .

. . . . 3 quite different ways of winning with offense . . .

the Seahawks game , came on the back of the shocker on opening day, the Patriots game, well we knew we had to do something different to beat them - looks like these games were planned well . .

The vast majority of all the other games stunk of, let's just see how we get on. the Titans game was probably the worst thing that could have happened, as Arians obviously thought this air game was the way forward, totally shunning the run game at times, even against Denver it was his want to shun it, even though it was working!!!

Time for a change. I GUARANTEE we won't win the SB again with BA as co-ordinator, so we might as well move on.

coldrolled
01-10-2012, 11:56 AM
how many OC's will be hired before the steelers annouce they have few OC options available and will stick with bruce??

Rampage
01-10-2012, 12:02 PM
I am pretty sure that he has pictures of Roethlisberger and Tomlin having adult relations with one another. It's the only reason why he could still be around as OC. The guy can put together a great game plan, but he is so inconsistent and once the Steelers get down, he starts shooting for the 14 point pass plays.

Raleigh Steel
01-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I am pretty sure that he has pictures of Roethlisberger and Tomlin having adult relations with one another. It's the only reason why he could still be around as OC. The guy can put together a great game plan, but he is so inconsistent and once the Steelers get down, he starts shooting for the 14 point pass plays.

"A" as in singular. i think he did put "a" great game plan together...just can't remember when that occurred. :lol:

Rampage
01-10-2012, 01:47 PM
"A" as in singular. i think he did put "a" great game plan together...just can't remember when that occurred. :lol:

The game against the Patriots was very good, but I think that was about it this season. I guess he puts one good one together annually. :lol:

steelersbabex25
01-10-2012, 01:49 PM
The game against the Patriots was very good, but I think that was about it this season. I guess he puts one good one together annually. :lol:

Yeah, the game against the worst defense in the league was a good one for sure.

Three Four
01-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Why haven't more teams contacted Bruce Arians for possible head coaching position? Do they know something that Tomlin doesn't?

LatrobePA
01-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Why haven't more teams contacted Bruce Arians for possible head coaching position? Do they know something that Tomlin doesn't?

LOL, I just spit water out my nose (no offense)!!

BA couldn't get a job choking I mean coaching pee wee ball!

BA = Ben's favorite TV repairman!!

--- Added 1/10/2012 at 01:14 PM ---

While the roster is likely to change, Tomlin was asked if he expects both of his coordinators – Dick LeBeau and Bruce Arians – to be back next season.

“I anticipate it, but of course we all understand what the end of the season is about and movement is a part of it in today’s NFL for players and coaches,” said Tomlin. “We are going to try to maintain continuity like we always do. We believe that is a benefit to us, but we also understand that things can happen, and we will deal with those as they arrive.”

steelchamp204
01-10-2012, 03:27 PM

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP. That was really good though tbh:clap:

xBlitzBurghx
01-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I know this is totally off subject, but I'm on my phone and it wouldn't let me start a new thread. Do we have any cigar smokers on this site? I need some help. I'm going to get a couple cigars to celebrate my buddies bday with, but don't really know what cigars are good. I've had romeo julietas, but that's about it. If I could get anyone to recommend some I would appreciate it! Thanks. And if you inbox me it would be even better haha

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Game against tenessee was the best all year IMO . he'll be back next year

BR7
01-10-2012, 05:50 PM

BA is the NFL's best kept secret.

LatrobePA
01-10-2012, 06:30 PM
BA is the NFL's best kept secret.

LOL he's Bens tv repairman!

DBR96A
01-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Why haven't more teams contacted Bruce Arians for possible head coaching position?

Phil Simms wondered why during Sunday's broadcast.

steelersbabex25
01-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Phil Simms wondered why during Sunday's broadcast.

Phil Simms is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He is a tool, though.

DBR96A
01-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Phil Simms is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He is a tool, though.

I actually yelled at the TV after he started pondering it, "WE'VE BEEN TELLING YOU AND EVERYBODY ELSE FOR YEARS NOW, GODDAMN IT!!!" :banging:

LatrobePA
01-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Phil my wiener Simms should hire him then!!

DIESELMAN
01-10-2012, 10:01 PM
LOL he's Bens tv repairman!

BA couldn't fix a sandwich let alone a tv lol

LatrobePA
01-10-2012, 10:38 PM
BA couldn't fix a sandwich let alone a tv lol

"tv repairman" (butt sex slave)

LevonKirkland99
01-10-2012, 11:08 PM
You mean to tell me Bruce Arian is still employed by the Steelers?

LatrobePA
01-10-2012, 11:26 PM
The Falcons now need an OC, come get Bruce please!

cmerrifield
01-10-2012, 11:34 PM
He needs to go somewhere where the HC calls the plays to shine. His plays are well designed and very good, he just can't call plays during the game. For example, first 15 plays are scripted going into the game and we scored td's like 12 of the 16 games on our opening drive.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

coldrolled
01-11-2012, 09:47 AM
He needs to go somewhere where the HC calls the plays to shine. His plays are well designed and very good, he just can't call plays during the game. For example, first 15 plays are scripted going into the game and we scored td's like 12 of the 16 games on our opening drive.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

This is true.. Take the play calling away from him.. Im for that.

Cant we hire a play caller?

Raleigh Steel
01-11-2012, 09:50 AM
This is true.. Take the play calling away from him.. Im for that.

Cant we hire a play caller?

hasn't bruce tried the "ask madden" feature? perhaps the fans can text the desired play call. could only be an improvement.

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm convinced that Arians has naked, gay pictures of someone in management. That is the only way he could possibly still be employed by the Steelers.

coldrolled
01-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Why didnt Jacksonville take Arians?????? Atlanta only scored 2 points in the playoffs.

The Atlanta Falcons have requested permission to speak to Green Bay Packers quarterbacks coach Tom Clements and former Jacksonville Jaguars offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter about their vacant offensive coordinator position, league sources said Saturday.

The Falcons are conducting the search after former offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey was hired as the Jaguars' coach earlier this week.

Koetter has served as the Jaguars'offensive coordinator since 2007. Clements has been in his position with the Packers since 2006.

In addition to Koetter and Clements, the Falcons have interest in former Baltimore Ravens coach Brian Billick and former New York Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

jnes1216
01-15-2012, 09:48 AM
There is a reason no one is seeking permission to speak to BA (if he's under contract). Red zone deficiencies is the most glaring as we all know. Gotta score points in this league. Secondly, there are more capable people out there, plain and simple. I noticed the Steeler Addicts advertising banner for Jennifers Candles. Does she make one that smells like coffee that we can give to the front office. Because the Bruce Arians version is a perfumed elegance of cat urine and college dorm puke fest.

coldrolled
01-15-2012, 10:29 AM
There is a reason no one is seeking permission to speak to BA (if he's under contract). Red zone deficiencies is the most glaring as we all know. Gotta score points in this league. Secondly, there are more capable people out there, plain and simple. I noticed the Steeler Addicts advertising banner for Jennifers Candles. Does she make one that smells like coffee that we can give to the front office. Because the Bruce Arians version is a perfumed elegance of cat urine and college dorm puke fest.

We signed him for one waste of a year. :banging:

NYCsteelersfan
01-15-2012, 02:34 PM

:tt02::plus1:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2012, 04:04 PM

That's the best thing I've ever heard!!! :hilarious:

coldrolled
01-16-2012, 01:36 PM
This is why arians satys on the team. THE MEDIA..

COACHING B+
Despite all the injuries to key players, the Steelers won 12 games for the second year in a row and third time in four years. Mike Tomlin's ability to marshall his team through tough times is unparalleled, but he also showed he would not hesitate to make changes (see: Hines Ward). Still, the offense never performed to expectation and the defense repeatedly had problems getting off the field. The failure to stop the Ravens on a 92-yard drive late in the second meeting ultimately proved to be their undoing. It cost them a division title and first-round bye, not to mention an opportunity to rest their injured players in the stretch.

Does Arians have a relative at the Gazette??

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12015/1203689-66.stm#ixzz1jdyVrzLC