PDA

View Full Version : What a Horrible Way to Lose..Official venting thread!

SteelDad
01-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Is there a good way?

Ike was brutal today but I think that was on Mundy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Ike Taylor and Ryan Mundy both blew that one!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 08:15 PM
For all you wanting BA fired and he deserves to be fired.....But the old man needs to go as well....We constantly blame BA for never adjusting...Outside of the New England game when has ever the old man adjusted?......over 300 yards on 10 completions....yea great job defense...lol

JensK
01-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Is there a good way?

Ike was brutal today but I think that was on Mundy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

If you feel like your team was just somewhat capable of playing decent then you at least go down fighting. Yes, we took this to overtime but we sucked all the way. We outsucked Broncos so to speak.

Diehardsteel
01-08-2012, 08:16 PM
It's time for the rooneys to make some changes. If that means a loss was needed here today to push them in the right direction then so be it. Let's be real here. We have a great group of guys. Keys to postseason success. We'll be back and tougher than ever. Next year boys and girls. Next year.

TheButt
01-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Ike Taylor is not as good as most people think.... and boy did it show today... maybe we can draft a CB or two this year... F Gay too..

coach
01-08-2012, 08:17 PM
We lost this game when we let Denver complete passes over our heads. Honestly, if we had won, where would we have gotten to this year in the playoffs? Time to start watching path to the draft.

JensK
01-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Ike Taylor is not as good as most people think.... and boy did it show today... maybe we can draft a CB or two this year... F Gay too..

Ike has been stellar most of the season. He was on an island all freaking day with the pisspoor playcalling on defense. There is MAYBE 5 CBs in the league who can be left alone with a pretty good WR like Thomas, without any actual pressure on the QB, and win that matchup.

Diehardsteel
01-08-2012, 08:18 PM
We lost this game when we let Denver complete passes over our heads. Honestly, if we had won, where would we have gotten to this year in the playoffs? Time to start watching path to the draft.

:yellowthumb:

steelfury455
01-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I just didn't want to lose to that Tebow character. NE will take care of that Im sure.

Go 'Lers
01-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Serves them right, when you play like that you ABSOLUTELY don't deserve to win.

Like the Saints last year, it's inexcusable...

TheButt
01-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Ike has been stellar most of the season. He was on an island all freaking day with the pisspoor playcalling on defense. There is MAYBE 5 CBs in the league who can be left alone with a pretty good WR like Thomas, without any actual pressure on the QB, and win that matchup.

LOL yes and Ike aint one of them

JensK
01-08-2012, 08:21 PM
LOL yes and Ike aint one of them

My point exactly. That, however, does not make him a bad CB as such. Nor can we expect to pick one in the draft. They are so rare to find. I'm not arguing that Ike played bad, cause he did, but I am very convinced that Ike is not the problem with the secondary. The problem is, and was, zero pass rush, poor scheming and ZERO safety help.

BlitzburghRockCity
This is the official bitch thread!!

Seriously Ike!! Honest to God Ike, make a damn play!! Both he and Ryan were so far out of position it wasn't even funny!!!!

steelersbabex25

I agree, and he's still by far the best CB on the roster, but you've got to admit he had a pretty rough day. Some passes were just absolute perfection by Tebow, but overall Ike was just not himself. Getting burned a few times by receivers, some stupid penalties, he overall just did not look like the Ike we've seen all season. And today was a pretty awful day to not be yourself.

Jack Lambert
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
hopefully they draft for the offensive line! But in true Steeler fashion they will draft linebackers

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
LeBeau and the entire defense is to blame...Just not Ike......that was one of the worst defensive performances I have ever seen from a Steelers defense......really the old man needs to retire.....its been a great career but a fresh perspective can't hurt.....

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 08:23 PM
LeBeau and the entire defense is to blame...Just not Ike......that was one of the worst defensive performances I have ever seen from a Steelers defense......really the old man needs to retire.....its been a great career but a fresh perspective can't hurt.....

Tebow averaged 30 yards a pass. LOL.

Diehardsteel
01-08-2012, 08:25 PM

I want to believe both BA and LeBeau will not be there next year. Just don't know if that's really going to happen. Even if it needs to.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Tebow averaged 30 yards a pass. LOL.

I know.......I can't just single out Ike or Gay....Troy, Harrison, Woodley, Farrior, Timmons.....all to blame.....yea great the D forced one turn over late but that was it they did all game.....the big money players on D failed this team today.....

Forged in Steel
01-08-2012, 08:26 PM
The Steelers played poorly, plain and simple. It justs sucks that they came all the way back, don't try the field goal (what do you have to lose, Roethlisberger could have fumbled the ball anyway), and then loose in overtime without ever possessing the ball. On the bright side, this team was too banged up to make a run deep in the playoffs in my opinion. They are poorly coached and would have been torched by the pass heavy offenses of their potential opponents.

Jack Lambert
01-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I am not heart broken over this loss for the simple reason there was no way we were gonna beat New England, since Ben hurt his ankle the whole team has played like crap

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Keisel leaving the game early absolutely killed our defense also. The last half of the season he was the only impact player on defense for each and every game. And he was out in the first Q. Such a shame.

SnakeEyes43
01-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Worst game the secondary has had all year and the best game Tebow has had all year.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 08:39 PM
On the bright side, this team was too banged up to make a run deep in the playoffs in my opinion. They are poorly coached and would have been torched by the pass heavy offenses of their potential opponents.

I agree. There was no way they were getting past New England or would they have had any chance against Green Bay, the Saints, or even the Giants. And by losing to the Broncos, I feel the embarrassment will serve to bring about some change.

If Arians is back next season, I'm not watching.

Deviouz1
01-08-2012, 08:40 PM
mixed emotions.

**** tebow, **** legursky, **** Ike, **** sickle cell anemia, **** the league and their stupid ****ing rule changes that turns this game into an airborne pattycake session and **** goodell in a bloody ****ing eyesocket.

i could easily go on but i think my point has been made. seriously cranky right about now.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 08:41 PM
mixed emotions.

**** tebow, **** legursky, **** Ike, **** sickle cell anemia, **** the league and their stupid ****ing rule changes that turns this game into an airborne pattycake session and **** goodell in a bloody ****ing eyesocket.

i could easily go on but i think my point has been made. seriously cranky right about now.

:rofl: Yeah, sickle cell anemia can seriously go **** itself.

Diehardsteel
01-08-2012, 08:42 PM
If Arians is back next season, I'm not watching.

I won't be buying the NFL Ticket. How about that!

Forged in Steel
01-08-2012, 08:43 PM
I agree. There was no way they were getting past New England or would they have had any chance against Green Bay, the Saints, or even the Giants.

If the Steelers coaches are too stubborn on inept to adapt to different teams, I'm kind of glad they lost early. I'm not going through another Super Bowl XLV, Part II.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Why do we always go into these lame a.. games with a Ho Hum attitude. I know we had injuries but we had enough health to win this with some real fire. Don't understand. Tomlin is not callin the shots. He let's BA and super Dick do it and they ain't changed there stylie of play callin since who knows when. All the other teams know it. Sickening.

--- Added 1/8/2012 at 07:45 PM ---

cancelin that tomorrow it's all on the grid for free anyhow.

Stlrs4Life
01-08-2012, 08:47 PM

???? This was probably the 3rd worst Offense we faced all season, next to the Browns and Rams? The Defense really blew it. Especially after a great 1st qtr.

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Worst game the secondary has had all year and the best game Tebow has had all year.

I guess we found out how valuable Ryan Clark really is with his play calling on defense. Lebeau is going to have to adapt. And somehow, some way, we've got to get a pass rush again since we obviously can't/won't get any CB upgrades.

JShare86
01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Congrats to the broncos and Tebow. u guys say what u want but I like Tebow and would much rather lose to him than to flacco or Brady.

NYCsteelersfan
**** the league and their stupid ****ing rule changes that turns this game into an airborne pattycake session and **** goodell in a bloody ****ing eyesocket.

I love your last two points. What depresses me is that this team is so far behind in equipping itself with the personnel and coaches to be able to compete in this new NFL.

lol...forget buying anything, I really won't watch a single game because there is no point when you know you'll lose in the playoffs. Cleveland Browns fans aren't "true" fans, they're hopeless morons.

JensK
???? This was probably the 3rd worst Offense we faced all season, next to the Browns and Rams? The Defense really blew it. Especially after a great 1st qtr.

I don't think I state anywhere that the defense did not suck? All I'm saying is that Ike, while admittedly having a terrible game, was left in a pretty impossible situation by all of his teammates and his coach.

Forged in Steel
01-08-2012, 08:52 PM
He let's BA and super Dick do it and they ain't changed there stylie of play callin since who knows when. All the other teams know it. Sickening.

The Steelers' coaching staff reminds me of the latest Madden video game or gaming device: When it comes out it's state of the art. After a few years go by, other video games or devices become better than the predecessor because the manufacturer learned from the competition, or they just improve. I think that's what happened to the Steelers.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 08:55 PM
I guess we found out how valuable Ryan Clark really is with his play calling on defense. Lebeau is going to have to adapt. And somehow, some way, we've got to get a pass rush again since we obviously can't/won't get any CB upgrades.

This defense isn't going to get any better in the new NFL. Harrison constantly gets held and it goes uncalled because they people in charge want high scoring, pass happy games. A pass rush won't help us. We need an offense that can compete in this league. We have the quarterback. Now all we need is a head coach, offensive coordinator, a couple receivers, and an offensive line.

Raleigh Steel
01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
if this is the bitch thread than let me bitch!

1} warren sapp was right, our defense is too old. we need a lot of help!!!!
2} lebeau called a horrible defense today. ike totally sucked. mundy was no better. we brough zero pressure. and we let the worst QB in the league TORCH us!
3} arians HAS TO GO! yeah, the team came back but this offense is just **** poor. people always complain about ben hanging on to the ball too long, but really it's because nobody is open. arians route distributions are terrible, which leaves ben holding it until someone deviates and gets open. that is asking a lot of a **** poor o-line to block that long. i could go on and on with arians, but he just needs to f-ing go..for nothing else but my sanity.
4} the o-line needs to be upgraded this season!
5} colbet and the rooney's have a lot of work to do or this team isn't making the playoffs next season.
6} tomlin needs to start getting more out of these players. philosophical **** only goes so far. time to get some fire in him and his team. they always look like they really don't care.

i could go on an on! but i'm tired. f**k it!

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Tomlin is a freakin idiot officially. Relies on everyone else to make his decisions if you ask me. It shows, realy shows. He doesn't get it that nothing his minions do works anymore. You gotta take charge coach or get the hell out of the way.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Tomlin is a freakin idiot officially. Relies on everyone else to make his decisions if you ask me. It shows, realy shows. He doesn't get it that nothing his minions do works anymore. You gotta take charge coach or get the hell out of the way.

:plus1:

Deviouz1
01-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Congrats to the broncos and Tebow. u guys say what u want but I like Tebow and would much rather lose to him than to flacco or Brady.

i would rather go back in time and relive every loss the steelers have ever suffered than lose a playoff game to that insufferably sanctimonious $***stain. i would BEG to lay goose-eggs vs. brady, rodgers, flacco, romo, and hell, even jamarcus russel in successive weeks, miss the playoffs entirely, AND get the 1st pick in the draft rather than lose a single playoff game to tebow.

not to mention the fact that my ex-wife is a broncos fan which in and of itself makes this whole situation just that much less palatable.

there is no silver lining here and i cant remember the last time i wanted to head butt someone so badly.

:helmet:

JensK
01-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Another player we I officially hate for the next couple of days: Mike Wallace. What a terrible day he had. It seems like the only player who just gets it done on our offense is Antonio Brown. Why oh why does he not have the same body size at Andre Johnson? :(

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Another player we I officially hate for the next couple of days: Mike Wallace. What a terrible day he had. It seems like the only player who just gets it done on our offense is Antonio Brown. Why oh why does he not have the same body size at Andre Johnson? :(

I was scratching my head the entire game at Ben forcing the ball to Wallace every chance he got. Um..hello. Miller? Brown? Sanders? Cotchery? Any of those names ring a bell? They're pretty good also.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I was scratching my head the entire game at Ben forcing the ball to Wallace every chance he got. Um..hello. Miller? Brown? Sanders? Cotchery? Any of those names ring a bell? They're pretty good also.

I told you he wasn't a #1 WR steelersbabe. It's time to get Roethlisberger a real #1 receiver like the Ravens went out and got for Flaccco.

Root4Stlrs
01-08-2012, 09:29 PM

I am with you on this one. What was up with the play calling on defense? Terrible.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 09:29 PM
I told you he wasn't a #1 WR steelersbabe. It's time to get Roethlisberger a real #1 receiver like the Ravens went out and got for Flaccco.

Wallace will stay with the Steelers and will continue to be the #1 receiver because Tomlin doesn't know how to make any real changes to the team. Hopefully he finds a way to catch the ball on occasions when it isn't just dropped perfectly into his little hands.

BR7
01-08-2012, 09:30 PM
my quick rant..

1) **** you BA. I hope you get gang raped by cross dressing transgender nymphos in the bad part of DC. Please, as Simms suggested.. someone pick this guy up as a HC. FFS, get him off the Steelers.

2) LeBeau.. good riddance. You're schemes haven't been successful since '99. You're last halftime adjustment that worked was when you took an extra dose of metamusel. Enjoy your retirement, because the current "passing" NFL shreds your ancient defense with mediocre QBs.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 09:33 PM
AB is the number 1 WR on the team but there isn't a Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitz type WR on the roster...True scheme buster WR's.........

--- Added 1/8/2012 at 08:33 PM ---

my quick rant..

1) **** you BA. I hope you get gang raped by cross dressing transgender nymphos in the bad part of DC. Please, as Simms suggested.. someone pick this guy up as a HC. FFS, get him off the Steelers.

2) LeBeau.. good riddance. You're schemes haven't been successful since '99. You're last halftime adjustment that worked was when you took an extra dose of metamusel. Enjoy your retirement, because the current "passing" NFL shreds your ancient defense with mediocre QBs.

I'm Daniel F. Nicksich II and I endorse this post.......:lol: I want both BA and the old man to be gone......300 yards on 10 completions isn't an indication that LeBeau's scheme is tired and stale then I don't know what is......

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2012, 09:37 PM
I am with you on this one. What was up with the play calling on defense? Terrible.

No Ryan Clark.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 09:42 PM
If the Steelers coaches are too stubborn on inept to adapt to different teams, I'm kind of glad they lost early. I'm not going through another Super Bowl XLV, Part II.

my quick rant..

He held the Broncos to 3 points in the second half, right? This is the new offensive-dominant NFL. You're not going to get a defense better than we have. We need an offense that can compete with every other team that seems to be adapting except for us.

AB is the number 1 WR on the team but there isn't a Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitz type WR on the roster...True scheme buster WR's.........

It's time to give Roethlisberger one of those scheme busters, like when he had Plaxico. Of course the front office will not do any such thing.

No Ryan Clark.

Sadly, it made a ridiculous difference because our safties are our CBs.

LevonKirkland99
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
If Ward made that catch at the end or regulation, we could have kicked the field goal, maybe. I know the ball was tipped, but......

I look forward to Wallace being, cough, our #1 WR next year:lol:

Clevelandsux
01-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Poor clock management at the end of the regulation. Ill give them credit for coming back. But they didn't deserve to win. They played like ****.Looked uninspired whole game.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Poor clock management at the end of the regulation. Ill give them credit for coming back. But they didn't deserve to win. They played like ****.Looked uninspired whole game.

whole game?....really the whole season.......where was that band of brothers feel about this team like years past when this team went on Super Bowl runs....I didn't see that or feel like that team had that all season....Emotionless zombies out there collecting a check.....

BR7
01-08-2012, 09:52 PM
He held the Broncos to 3 points in the second half, right? This is the new offensive-dominant NFL. You're not going to get a defense better than we have. We need an offense that can compete with every other team that seems to be adapting except for us.

The Broncos were content with eating clock. They made plays when they had to in the second half. I don't know if you can say LeBeau made adjustements or you can say the Broncos took what was given. They obviously made the one play that ultimately mattered against LeBeau's call.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
29 points allowed and 300 yards on 10 completion is a flat out joke....Yes the players are to blame but so are the coaches and not just Tomlin but even the Great Dick LeBeau.....the man has forgotten more football then I will ever know no doubt but his scheme is stale and predictable.....Plus it was clear his defense had no clue on how to stop the option.....

the offense and BA take share in the blame as well but the Steelers defense lost this game.....

LevonKirkland99
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM
this team looked nothing like the 2005 Steelers...no emotions whatsoever....I just hope Ward get the hell outta there and go play somewhere else.

Wallace as #1 WR everybody :yellowthumb:

steelspikes
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM
if this is the bitch thread than let me bitch!

1} warren sapp was right, our defense is too old. we need a lot of help!!!!
2} lebeau called a horrible defense today. ike totally sucked. mundy was no better. we brough zero pressure. and we let the worst QB in the league TORCH us!
3} arians HAS TO GO! yeah, the team came back but this offense is just **** poor. people always complain about ben hanging on to the ball too long, but really it's because nobody is open. arians route distributions are terrible, which leaves ben holding it until someone deviates and gets open. that is asking a lot of a **** poor o-line to block that long. i could go on and on with arians, but he just needs to f-ing go..for nothing else but my sanity.
4} the o-line needs to be upgraded this season!
5} colbet and the rooney's have a lot of work to do or this team isn't making the playoffs next season.
6} tomlin needs to start getting more out of these players. philosophical **** only goes so far. time to get some fire in him and his team. they always look like they really don't care.

i could go on an on! but i'm tired. f**k it!

Agree on all points. Have been a long-time fan of Lebeau...but was really disappointed tonight. Losing Keisel and Big Snack hurt. Not having Ryan Clark hurt more. The way line was jammed on that last play made no sense at all.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Ward is done.....period.....The guy was a true warrior and great player but this isn't 2004 anymore....lol Some Steelers Fans love to live in the past....lol

Steel Trap86
01-08-2012, 10:03 PM
This ****in blows, had such a good day watching the Giants & Steelers @ Real Sports bar in Toronto, thought this game was the biggest gimme in history. Cannot believe we lost on the first play in OT as I'm sure most of us can't. Everybody I know is calling or texting me lol Steelers really let me down this season, I think this is the toughest loss I've ever had to see.

Blazedby92
01-08-2012, 10:05 PM
I was against it before but seeing lately with bad def play calling and probably too close of friends with a lot of the vets that should have backup roles or just down right horrible at times still play let's get some fresh. We thoughts out there and personnel

LevonKirkland99
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Ward is done.....period.....The guy was a true warrior and great player but this isn't 2004 anymore....lol Some Steelers Fans love to live in the past....lol

You are the same person who said "if Troy wants to knock himself retarded then so be it...."

Whatever man, but you should get a job with the Steelers organization.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 10:15 PM
You are the same person who said "if Troy wants to knock himself retarded then so be it...."

How could you not think that Ward is done? He's a #3 receiver at best. Ward as the #1 or even #2 receiver is like having Levon Kirkland back on defense.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 10:18 PM

You really think if Ward went somewhere else next he would find the fountain of youth and post 70 catches and 1000 yards again...lol Yea if Troy wants to dive in head first and knock himself silly then so be it.....its really stupid of Troy to dive in head first to tackle a player especially with his history of concussions......sorry you have sand in your vagina with me knocking your favorite players.....Really did you pay attention all year?....Ward is finished.....finished.....15 of his last 21 catches came on bubble screens or those type or plays this year...Yea that is how I want to remember Ward force fed the ball on bubble screens since he is slow and old now.....:lol: Father time has caught up to Ward.....

--- Added 1/8/2012 at 09:18 PM ---

How could you not think that Ward is done? He's a #3 receiver at best. Ward as the #1 or even #2 receiver is like having Levon Kirkland back on defense.

number 3?....you're being to kind really...Ward at best is a 5th.....

Steel Trap86
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Love Ward, but he gets no separation anymore. Honestly I wouldn't be against him staying another season, but I think he might hang it up after this....which I call ONE of the toughest losses I;ve ever seen

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 10:21 PM

I'll take him as our 3, especially over Cotchery.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 10:23 PM

noway.......Ward creates no separation and its takes him forever for him to run his routes......15 of his last 21 receptions came on bubble screens or those type of plays......Sanders and Cotchery offer so much more then Ward.....

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 10:23 PM

Is that a joke?

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 10:27 PM
noway.......Ward creates no separation and its takes him forever for him to run his routes......15 of his last 21 receptions came on bubble screens or those type of plays......Sanders and Cotchery offer so much more then Ward.....

Because the offensive coordinator is a douche and calls a game that doesn't allow any of the receivers to get any real separation. For all the hype of Wallace supposedly being so fast, Champ Bailey looked pretty glued to his *** all game.

Is that a joke?

No, but the pass that Cotchery dropped in the 1st quarter that wouldv'e given us a 1st down was a huge joke.

LevonKirkland99
01-08-2012, 10:29 PM
You really think if Ward went somewhere else next he would find the fountain of youth and post 70 catches and 1000 yards again...lol Yea if Troy wants to dive in head first and knock himself silly then so be it.....its really stupid of Troy to dive in head first to tackle a player especially with his history of concussions......sorry you have sand in your vagina with me knocking your favorite players.....Really did you pay attention all year?....Ward is finished.....finished.....15 of his last 21 catches came on bubble screens or those type or plays this year...Yea that is how I want to remember Ward force fed the ball on bubble screens since he is slow and old now.....:lol: Father time has caught up to Ward.....

--- Added 1/8/2012 at 09:18 PM ---

>>sorry you have sand in your vagina with me knocking your favorite players

Your choice of words is amuzing. At least you didn't say Troy was finished, Phew!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 10:31 PM
>>sorry you have sand in your vagina with me knocking your favorite players

Your choice of words is amuzing. At least you didn't say Troy was finished, Phew!!

Troy keeps diving in head first to make tackles he will be finished......:yellowthumb:

LevonKirkland99
01-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Is that a joke?

Wallace is the #1 WR hands down. Wish he cought something though tonight :lol:

SteelerCountry58
01-08-2012, 10:33 PM
I threw up in my mouth when Simms said BA was head coach material and very
good at his job. Really? Those two announcer's needed their heads clacked
together and dropped into the trash shoot.
Where to start?
1. BA needs to go.
2. O Line needs help,preferably in FA but also addressed in top 3 rounds.
3. Ben needs to have surgery and heal up,rehab and comeback 100%.
4. D needs a young DE (Hopefully Jared Crick in the draft) LB/Nose Tackle.
5. D needs secondary help preferably in FA but will take help in top 5 rounds.
6. Guys who need to go include: Hampton/Farrior/Ward/Smith/Gay/Kemo/Scott/
Hoke/Johnson/Batch/Dixon/and a few more I can't think of at this time.
7. Colbert needs to step up and re light the fire this team has lost.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Because the offensive coordinator is a douche and calls a game that doesn't allow any of the receivers to get any real separation. For all the hype of Wallace supposedly being so fast, Champ Bailey looked pretty glued to his *** all game.

No, but the pass that Cotchery dropped in the 1st quarter that wouldv'e given us a 1st down was a huge joke.

Wallace has been a joke since what week 10?.........But if you're going to use the excuse of BA for Ward and his lack of production then you can also do the samething with Wallace.....Cotchery had a huge drop no doubt but then he made a sick TD catch.....

You guys really think Ward is the same player?

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Wallace has been a joke since what week 10?.........But if you're going to use the excuse of BA for Ward and his lack of production then you can also do the samething with Wallace.....Cotchery had a huge drop no doubt but then he made a sick TD catch.....

You guys really think Ward is the same player?

I think he is close to completely done, but I like him as a #3 over because he used to be a #1 and has better hands than guys who have always been #3's and can't consistently catch the ball.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I think he is close to completely done, but I like him as a #3 over because he used to be a #1 and has better hands than guys who have always been #3's and can't consistently catch the ball.

I love the guy and I do wish you could put Wards heart in Wallace body.....But man I don't like seeing Ward reduced to bubble screens....My memories of Ward are going over the middle with no fear making the tough catches.....I'm just not the sentimental type and never will be....When a player is done my view is thanks for the memories but goodbye...lol

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 10:44 PM
When a player is done my view is thanks for the memories but goodbye...lol

I've never actually liked him all that much. I think he's an overrated #1 receiver. Reminds me of guy like Toomer, but tougher. When I think of a #1 receiver, I think of a guy that can be a short yardage possession receiver, or he can go real deep. Ward has never been able to go deep. But I think he's still serviceable as a #3. Regardless, we have no real #1, so I can care less who our #3 is.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 10:47 PM
I've never actually liked him all that much. I think he's an overrated #1 receiver. Reminds me of guy like Toomer, but tougher. When I think of a #1 receiver, I think of a guy that can be a short yardage possession receiver, or he can go real deep. Ward has never been able to go deep. But I think he's still serviceable as a #3. Regardless, we have no real #1, so I can care less who our #3 is.

Ward has never been a WR that dictated coverage and really Plax opened a ton of things for Ward when the two were a duo.......But overall its hard not to like Hines Ward....Not a high round pick and worked his *** off to become the player he became....He did become somewhat of a diva when winning his Super Bowl MVP......

LevonKirkland99
01-08-2012, 10:52 PM

The play at the end of last year's SB tells you all you want about Mike Wallace.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 10:58 PM
The play at the end of last year's SB tells you all you want about Mike Wallace.

He's a #2 receiver, nothing more. I've never thought of him as being anything more.

LevonKirkland99
01-08-2012, 11:04 PM
^^ I wholeheartedly agree with you despite all the Wallace fan boys on this forum.
A crappy season, but its only football.

Yes, Ward is almost finished; however, how many plays did he grt tonight? 2, 3? Like I said, life goes on...

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 11:15 PM
^^ I wholeheartedly agree with you despite all the Wallace fan boys on this forum.
A crappy season, but its only football.

Yes, Ward is almost finished; however, how many plays did he grt tonight? 2, 3? Like I said, life goes on...

floodcitygirl
01-08-2012, 11:20 PM
I haven't read a post in this thread, but my 2 cents for what its worth, is that we were really banged up and came back like warriors. Didn't win but no shame. I'm ready for next season. I don't like the outcome but I'm thankful it wasn't a blow out.

LevonKirkland99
01-08-2012, 11:23 PM
I haven't read a post in this thread, but my 2 cents for what its worth, is that we were really banged up and came back like warriors. Didn't win but no shame. I'm ready for next season. I don't like the outcome but I'm thankful it wasn't a blow out.

floodcitygirl, we lost to Tebow!!!!! this is the same Tebow that Brady will dump 40 points on next Sunday.

Like I said, life goes on....

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 11:27 PM
floodcitygirl, we lost to Tebow!!!!! this is the same Tebow that Brady will dump 40 points on next Sunday.

Like I said, life goes on....

Tebow doesn't play defense..

BR7
01-08-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm not religious in any way, but anyone else find it odd that Tebow threw for 316? (3:16) lol

LevonKirkland99
01-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Tebow doesn't play defense..

thanks for clarifying that babex25..but are you really a Terp fan?

floodcitygirl
01-08-2012, 11:34 PM

Like I said, life goes on....We lost to a team...not one person. You think I'm not aware?! I don't think they have much of a chance next week....but I'll be rooting for them. Hate Brady. Bitch all you want. If we hadn't been so banged up we would have won. I think we proved that, besides stupid mistakes.

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 11:41 PM
thanks for clarifying that babex25..but are you really a Terp fan?

No not really.

Umm...I go to UMD. So yeah. I'm really a Terps fan.

Moondog
01-08-2012, 11:42 PM
We lost to a team...not one person. You think I'm not aware?! I don't think they have much of a chance next week....but I'll be rooting for them. Hate Brady. Bitch all you want. If we hadn't been so banged up we would have won. I think we proved that, besides stupid mistakes.

I hate to say it but I might have to root for New England because they will make it tougher for the ratbirds to get there, then the Brady bunch can suffer another painful super bowl loss at the hands of the Saints or Packers. :reddevil:

I think we just have to face the fact that the Steelers got Tebowed, too many injuries or not, I really didn't see it coming.

MattyVfromCT
01-08-2012, 11:48 PM
I hate to say it but I might have to root for New England because they will make it tougher for the ratbirds to get there, then the Brady bunch can suffer another painful super bowl loss at the hands of the Saints or Packers. :reddevil:

I think we just have to face the fact that the Steelers got Tebowed, too many injuries or not, I really didn't see it coming.

If I had to choose between rooting for the pats or shooting myself in the head id go with the latter lol. I could never bring myself to root for them, the rats, cowgirls, etc.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

floodcitygirl
01-08-2012, 11:48 PM

I think we just have to face the fact that the Steelers got Tebowed, too many injuries or not, I really didn't see it coming.Sorry...pretty boy just gives me the heebies. I can never believe the ratbirds can go the distance anyway. Funny thing is....even when everybody was saying we had this one, I had a gut feeling....dammit.

LevonKirkland99
01-08-2012, 11:57 PM
No not really.

Umm...I go to UMD. So yeah. I'm really a Terps fan.

"fear the Turtle"

steelersbabex25
01-09-2012, 12:02 AM
"fear the Turtle"

Right..

LevonKirkland99
01-09-2012, 12:03 AM
If I had to choose between rooting for the pats or shooting myself in the head id go with the latter lol. I could never bring myself to root for them, the rats, cowgirls, etc.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I can't root for anything Maryland. Sorry, a Pittsburgh boy here! South Hills all the way!!