PDA

View Full Version : Mike Smith/Mike Tomlin

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Watching the Giants game, I have never witnessed a head coach single-handedly cause the loss of his team in a playoff game, and sadly, I couldn't help but think of Mike Tomlin.

I'm nervous about this game. I shouldn't be. If it weren't for Tomlin and Arians, I would be 100% positive that the Steelers would absolutely kill Tebow and the Broncos (an 8-8 team that has no right being in the playoffs just like a bad Giants team had little right being in at 9-7).

Unless Roethlisberger looks worthless, the Steelers should not lose this game, and if they do, it will be on Tomlin.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Smith is now 0-3 in the play-offs......At times Tomlin drives me nuts but he his head and shoulders above Smith as a HC.......I'm not worried at all about todays game.....The Steelers are going to destroy the Broncos......

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Smith has no biz being a HC, just terrible!!

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Smith is now 0-3 in the play-offs......At times Tomlin drives me nuts but he his head and shoulders above Smith as a HC.......I'm not worried at all about todays game.....The Steelers are going to destroy the Broncos......

I personally feel that the Steelers have won in the playoffs under Tomlin in spite of his coaching, but I'm rooting for you to be right.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Tomlin isn't that bad

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2012, 04:09 PM
I personally feel that the Steelers have won in the playoffs under Tomlin in spite of his coaching, but I'm rooting for you to be right.

Whatever your opinion on Tomlin I just think you would have take him over Mike Smith......Smith and Matty Ice are just flat out jokes to me........

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Whatever your opinion on Tomlin I just think you would have take him over Mike Smith......Smith and Matty Ice are just flat out jokes to me........

At times I'm not a huge Tomlin fan but I like your reply and agree
100%!

MattyVfromCT
01-08-2012, 04:32 PM

And to think there's idiots in the media who were ranking douche ryan as a better qb than ben lmao. Meanwhile, back from fantasyland......

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Ah yes, a wonderful Tomlin game.

JensK
01-08-2012, 06:20 PM
You cant really fault Tomlin on this. The gameplan is what everyone expected it to be, and how you play broncos. He was right in his challenge. You cannot really do much as headcoach when every single ****ing player is injured and those who are not play like morons.

DBR96A
01-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Tomlin delegates to the coordinators too much. Of course, Dick LeBeau has earned a degree of autonomy, but no way in Hell has Bruce Arians, and the mistake-free, statistically-dominant first quarter of this game that managed six measly points ought to be proof of this. The Steelers offense doesn't even have to make mistakes in order for it to suck at scoring points.

NYCsteelersfan
01-08-2012, 08:25 PM
You cant really fault Tomlin on this. The gameplan is what everyone expected it to be, and how you play broncos. He was right in his challenge. You cannot really do much as headcoach when every single ****ing player is injured and those who are not play like morons.

You fault him because he's the head coach. Good coaches win playoff games by exposing fake teams and bad coaches who played no one good in the regular season.

Tomlin delegates to the coordinators too much. Of course, Dick LeBeau has earned a degree of autonomy, but no way in Hell has Bruce Arians, and the mistake-free, statistically-dominant first quarter of this game that managed six measly points ought to be proof of this. The Steelers offense doesn't even have to make mistakes in order for it to suck at scoring points.

Your last point is right on. The fact that the offense plays so well and then still manages not to score shows ineptitude on the part of the offensive coordinator and the head coach that keeps him.

Embarrassed by a rookie QB with a sub 80 QB rating in the playoffs. I was nervous for a reason. If Arians isn't gone next season, I'm not watching this team.

steelers75
01-09-2012, 10:27 AM
If Arians isn't gone next season, I'm not watching this team.

Does that mean you'll also STFU and disappear? If so, that's reason enough to root for the retention of Arians.

NYCsteelersfan
01-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Does that mean you'll also STFU and disappear? If so, that's reason enough to root for the retention of Arians.

So you can suck Steeler d#%k in peace like the idiot cheerleading bitch that you are? Sure thing.

LatrobePA
01-09-2012, 10:42 AM
So you can suck Steeler d#%k in peace like the idiot cheerleading bitch that you are? Sure thing.

EASY fellas!!