PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather face Tebow or Quinn?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2012, 11:58 PM
From the looks of things, John Fox is giving Brady Quinn some reps with the first team on Friday. This would tell us that either they are planning on using Quinn in some capacity on Sunday or they are not confident in Tebow to play well so they want Quinn to be ready by getting him some time with the offense.

Either way who would you rather face, Quinn or Tebow?

Are the Denver Broncos preparing to surprise the Steelers with a quarterback switch Sunday?
(http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_775415.html#ixzz1ik2IGHKJ)
That was the buzz at Denver's training facility today after word emerged that Tim Tebow had been giving up some first-team practice snaps to backup Brady Quinn, though no one would confirm it. Practice has been off limits to reporters all week.
Tebow will be the Broncos' starter, coach John Fox made clear again this afternoon. But Fox continued to brush off questions about replacing Tebow with Quinn if Tebow struggles as he did in the team`s final three games, all losses.

"I don't deal in hypotheticals," Fox said. "We expect our starters to play well, always."
He then was asked how he could use Quinn, given that Quinn hasn't appeared in an NFL game since Dec. 20, 2009, while with the Cleveland Browns.

"He's on the football team," Fox said of Quinn, "and everybody on the team's ready. Like every game, we expect our starters to play well. If for some reason an injury occurs or something happens, then it`s the next man up. That won`t change any more this week than it has all season."

Tebow speaks to the media only on Wednesdays of a game week, but he appeared to be in excellent spirits after practice and told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review in a brief discussion, "I'm really looking forward to this."

Quinn did speak with the media and drew quite a crowd at his stall. He denied that he had taken extra snaps or that coaches had told him to be prepared to enter Sunday, at least any more than usual.

"No," Quinn said. "Just trying to stay ready and get guys extra catches in practice."
Quinn shrugged off his inactivity.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Yea don't blame Fox since Tebow sucks and is the anti christ........But Quinn sucks as bad but I guess he would get rid of the ball quicker then Tebow.....If the Steelers D can't handle either of those bums then they didn't deserve to be in the play-offs......

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2012, 12:05 AM
I can't blame them for getting Quinn ready, you have to wonder how long they'll let Tebow in if he continues to stink up the joint like he has been. If the game is close maybe they let him keep playing but if the Steelers get ahead early don't be surprised if he's pulled..LOL

LatrobePA
01-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Quinn beat us while playing for the stains..

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2012, 12:13 AM

even the sun shines on a dogs *** once in awhile............:lol:

Big T
01-07-2012, 12:20 AM

Brady Quinn had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of that game. It was 13-6 and he was 6 of 19 for 90 yards. Bruce Arians beat the Steelers in that game.

LatrobePA
01-07-2012, 12:21 AM
even the sun shines on a dogs *** once in awhile............:lol:

Lol very true! I get a little nervous thinking back to freaking Palko almost beating us!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Brady Quinn had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of that game. It was 13-6 and he was 6 of 19 for 90 yards. Bruce Arians beat the Steelers in that game.

Rob Ryan with players literally off the streets at some positions manned up on the Steelers WR's and just shut them down....One of the most frustrating games for me as a fan.......getting pissed just thinking about it.....:lol:

coldrolled
01-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Go Arians... Let Dennis play...

DIESELMAN
01-07-2012, 01:25 AM
From the looks of things, John Fox is giving Brady Quinn some reps with the first team on Friday. This would tell us that either they are planning on using Quinn in some capacity on Sunday or they are not confident in Tebow to play well so they want Quinn to be ready by getting him some time with the offense.

Either way who would you rather face, Quinn or Tebow?

It doesn't matter who starts or finishes for Denver, they're not going to be successful at anything they try.

connecticutsteel
01-07-2012, 06:11 AM
It doesn't matter we should prep for both and since when does anyone worry about Brady Quinn.All of a sudden he's John Elway?

LevonKirkland99
01-07-2012, 10:27 AM
I'd rather see Quinn even though the Steelers don't have much tape on him with the Donkeys? What concerns me with Tebow is the adjustments Polamalu will have to do since Clark won't be in the game.

Maybe the Denver offense will predict Troy's movements with Clark not in the game.

but,...Go Steelers...I hope we crush them donkeys

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't think Tebow has been in the league long enough or played enough games to be able to predict Troy's movements. Better, more established, Quarterbacks have tried and failed. He can line up on the left side and a second before the snap be on his way to the right and then blitz up the middle. I'd be hard pressed to believe they'll have an answer for Troy in the playoffs.

SteelerJay
01-07-2012, 04:18 PM
with those 2 QB's I dont think if they both played at the same time with 2 footballs they still wouldnt do squash

coach
01-07-2012, 05:14 PM

Unfortunately for us, he'll be calling this game too. BA better not make Baby Jesus look good in Denver.

jnes1216
01-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Harrison and Woodley can strip sack Tebow as easily as they can Quinn. Get er done. :cope:

steelersbabex25
01-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Looks like the Broncos are saying that if Tebow struggles they're going to let Quinn handle the first and second downs and bring Tebow in for third down.

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Looks like the Broncos are saying that if Tebow struggles they're going to let Quinn handle the first and second downs and bring Tebow in for third down.

Yep Glazer just reported Quinn in on 3rd downs, this is a joke!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Nothing like musical Quarterbacks in the playoffs. It's like they always say, if you have 2 starting Quarterbacks in a game, you don't have any at all.

Nolrog
01-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Quinn hands down. Pocket passer vs runner who can throw. Tebow is a terrible QB, but he makes things happen with his legs. Less than 50% completion percentage, 124 yards per game, 72.9 rating. However, 660 yards rushing, including 6 TDs, a 32 yard long, 35 first downs on his rushes and a 5.4 average.

He's pretty unique these days in the NFL, so he's harder to defend.

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 02:42 PM
They also have a package with both QB's in at the same time..