PDA

View Full Version : snow in Denver sunday

elephantman
01-06-2012, 06:25 PM
any ideas how this will affect game.....certainly cant benifit the 'favorite'...especially being we are 'average' against the Run and our advantage on Offense is the passing game....this is gonna be a low scoring game as it is..we cant really run the ball as good as they can to begin with.....Im scared of this game and i DO see scenerios on how we could lose

DIESELMAN
01-06-2012, 06:33 PM
The cold and snow doesn't really affect the passing game as much as people think, it's the wind if there is any that does affect the passing game. Yes the Broncos have the best running game in the NFL, averaging 150-160 yards per game. With Tebow as QB, they don't really have a choice but to run. All those yards on the ground only got them 11 TD's, 6 by Tebow. I wouldn't worry to much about our run D, they will come to play and play hard.

Troyisabeast_43
01-06-2012, 06:35 PM
There is no chance of snow in this game it's going to be 35 degrees and clear so the weather will be a non-factor which is a good thing for sure...

steelersbabex25
01-06-2012, 06:57 PM
In the words of Bob Ryan on Around the Horn today....

"Cause the Steelers have NEVER seen snow before."

/end sarcasm.

steelersbabex25
01-06-2012, 06:58 PM
There is no chance of snow in this game it's going to be 35 degrees and clear so the weather will be a non-factor which is a good thing for sure...

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USCO0105

There's some chance.

Goodfrom55
01-06-2012, 07:06 PM

that's what I heard too. Just means in higher altitude that Suisham's kicks will go further wide left than normal.

LatrobePA
01-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Maybe Tebow is mother nature and not God like they all thought??

connecticutsteel
01-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Tim tebag may not make it till halftime

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-06-2012, 07:54 PM
les see. does it ever snow in da burgh?

LatrobePA
01-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Tim tebag may not make it till halftime

Quinn was taking snaps today, uh oh what do they have planned?

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-06-2012, 07:56 PM
that's what I heard too. Just means in higher altitude that Suisham's kicks will go further wide left than normal.

the ball will be lighter, the air thinner. yub. soosh should do a bang up job. plus snow flakes reduce drag so ball goes farther. i think. hey, where the science prof around here?

DIESELMAN
01-06-2012, 07:59 PM

I read that too. Quinn who hasn't played since 2009 was taking half the 1st team reps. Also heard they were going to play Quinn for the first 3 Q's and have Tebutt work his 4th Q magic. Also heard they were drawing up plays in the dirt with Tebutt and Quinn being on the field at the same time. Also heard that Tebutt will stay at a Holiday Inn Express saturday nite just to make sure he knows something about being a NFL QB come Sunday :greengrin:

Goodfrom55
01-06-2012, 08:05 PM

Paorably just a case of "All hands on deck". Not that I expect Tebow to shine, but if he stinks more than normal, Fox has to save face by going to Quinn.

I hope in our own case that Charlie Batch got reps this week too for no other reason than what if Ben gets walloped and can't go?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2012, 08:17 PM
The Steelers don't care about snow any more than the Broncos do. Both of them play in it on a regular basis. Pittsburgh won't be afraid to throw it if it's snowing you can't count on that. Now wind, that will take the sails out of the deep passing game for the most part.

Can't you just say, "Suisham's kicks will go further than normal?" :lol:

DIESELMAN
01-07-2012, 05:03 AM
@PostBroncos Gotta love Colorado: 65 degrees yesterday. Snow coming tomorrow, with 50 percent chance of snow on Sunday. High of 32 forecast for Sun.
seen this tweeted on a Donkey site.....

mikebb
01-07-2012, 11:01 AM
false angle to game- there will be no snow when game is played; the snows a morning event. the bigger factor will be the temps- prob in the 20's for game time. not really a factor for some players, but it can be for others.

coldrolled
01-07-2012, 12:02 PM
the ball will be lighter, the air thinner. yub. soosh should do a bang up job. plus snow flakes reduce drag so ball goes farther. i think. hey, where the science prof around here?

We may be able to kick a field goal now..:lol:

BR7
01-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Just means in higher altitude that Suisham's kicks will go further wide left than normal.

hahaha, that's awesome. I just might have to use that quote in my sig.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2012, 12:33 PM
false angle to game- there will be no snow when game is played; the snows a morning event. the bigger factor will be the temps- prob in the 20's for game time. not really a factor for some players, but it can be for others.

The Steelers are no stranger to playing in cold, obviously the Broncos aren't either. That Cleveland game was brutally cold.

You could see some receivers dropping passes that are thrown very hard from the QB. That ball gets like a rock when it's cold.

SteelerJay
01-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Me personaly I hope it snows cats and dogs, I love watching a old fashioned smash mouth football game in the snow, cold weather.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Who cares if it snows,we can handle that.Who care if it's teabag we can handle that. quinn,we beat him as a brownie ,again who cares if it's him,we can handle that. If the STEELRS play a decent game we should handle them easily.

Grab the handles STEELERS and beat them ponies !!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Snow ten feet deep.

jnes1216
01-08-2012, 12:55 AM
its really not that bad here imo. The past week has been in the 50's so the ground will not be frozen=snow is melting as soon as it hits the ground. Ben is used to wearing the glove if its wet. Tell A.B. and M.W to lower their body in and out of cuts and our offense will be fine.

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Stop fretting. We are going to beat the Broncos. I'm thinking about the Patriots next
week.