PDA

View Full Version : Penn State hires Bill O'Brien to be the new head coach.

SteelCityVoice
01-06-2012, 01:20 AM
http://thevoicesays.blogspot.com/2012/01/penn-state-reportedly-hires-bill-obrien.html

Penn State certainly took their time finding a new head coach to replace Joe Paterno and that exhaustive search has led them to...Bill O'Brien. O'Brien will take over as the first new head football coach at Penn State since 1966.

I'm going to pause while some of you use Google to look up Bill O'Brien. He is the current offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots.

In case you aren't familiar with how former Patriots offensive coordinators have done away from the hub of the recording industry, a.k.a. Spygate, here's a few names for you.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm somewhat surprised the Patriots allowed him to talk to Penn State right now. Even if they are on a bye week that couple days that he lost while traveling and interviewing isn't something I'd be real comfortable with.

I think Penn State just wanted to find a coach as soon as possible and try to move forward. NOt saying that O'brien will or won't be a good coach but man he's got big shoes to fill.