PDA

View Full Version : Funny stuff Baltimore fans are saying

Go 'Lers
01-05-2012, 12:53 AM
No doubt the Ravens are good but, as expected, Baltimore fans are letting it go to there heads. I found this comment to be particularly amusing...

"Ben could only dream of being Flacco right now. Ben needs to get the Flacco/Ravens monkey off his back since Joe put it there."

Source: http://ravens24x7.com/forum/showthread.php?83444-Big-Ben-suffered-a-setback-vs-Browns

I'm sorry, the monkey is on Ben's back?? Hasn't he beaten Flacco twice in the playoffs? This is the first year Flacco beat Roethlisberger head-to-head and even though it was a sweep Flacco still has a looooooong way to go the have the "upper hand" in this feud.

Nolrog
01-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Tell them Ben is too busy polishing his rings to care.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2012, 08:33 AM
It's typical Ravens fans running their mouths about something they know nothing about. Have you seen your QB play in big games? Have you seen him play on the road? Have you seen him fail in the playoffs.

Yeah we'll take the 2 recent rings we have and just keep on truckin...

Callax
01-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Love the comment Ben is too busy POLISHING HIS SUPERBOWL rings to care

joe who??
How many SB's have the ratbirds been in since 2000?

ONE
NOW, HOW MANY HAS BEN BEEN IN ??

THREE
HOW MANY WINS

TWO
HOW MANY INCREDIBLE GAME WINNING DRIVES IN THE SB??

TD PASS TO SHOLMES:

ONE

steelersbabex25
01-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Ravens fans are silly.

I take it as a compliment that they hate on us so much and love to talk about us. Nobody hates on the Browns or their fans...do they.

MattyVfromCT
01-05-2012, 05:19 PM
raven fans crack me up. youtube videos with we are the champions playing in the background, facebook statuses saying "OH MY GOD WE DIT IT BOYS!", posting pictures of afc north champs gear they bought, etc. it's hilarious, you'd think they won 10 straight super bowls the way they are acting lol

Raleigh Steel
01-05-2012, 05:27 PM
other teams celebrate division titles...WE CELEBRATE SUPER BOWL TITLES!!!!

steelersbabex25
01-05-2012, 05:40 PM
raven fans crack me up. youtube videos with we are the champions playing in the background, facebook statuses saying "OH MY GOD WE DIT IT BOYS!", posting pictures of afc north champs gear they bought, etc. it's hilarious, you'd think they won 10 straight super bowls the way they are acting lol

I know. It's hilarious. I almost consider it embarassing to buy AFC North champ gear. Never have and never will.

DIESELMAN
01-05-2012, 06:42 PM
other teams celebrate division titles...WE CELEBRATE SUPER BOWL TITLES!!!!

The Rat turds were celebrating regular season games before they even clinched the division lol their fans are giving themselves Gatorade baths or whatever Rat turd fans use to pour on themselves :greengrin: I hope the players and yes there will be some that will and already have been sucked into the Harbitch zone. Yeah you made the playoffs, so did 11 other teams, act like you've done it before. Pathetic mother ****ers!!!

Speeed
01-05-2012, 06:58 PM
I spend some time there, and that place is a Steelers Den of Hate. Many threads devolve into a Steelers hate thread. I have told this story before here before, but I think it is worth mentioning:

When you search, and in their description on the site it states "Friendly." That is a joke. As you register, you discover the registration process involved attacking Steelers and their fans. And when you get there, you can easily discover all kinds of mean, vicious, and even disgusting posts. I read a post from the moderator that said anybody who posted anything rude would be banned. Yeah, rite. That was right above a post titled something like "Why Do You Hate Steelers Fans." Well, one poster referred to them as "f****tards." The moderator never replied.

I was engaged in one thread where they were trashing Harrison. I stated that Ray made similar comments, and mentioned the "bounty" put forth by Suggs. Guess what, I was asked to "cite my sources." What? Whatever, so I did, and explained that we can "you say I say" all day and the reply would be a but, "Steeler X" said this. Well, that is exactly what happened. Since then, I have seen nobody else asked to cite their sources. A disprortionate amount of those members are rude and ignorant.

In a recent post there was regarding complaining about the Steelers complaining about officiating. So, in effect, he made a post "whining" about "whining." For some reasons, Ravens fans are better than the Sainted Ravens fans.

Not everybody there is that bad, but that board operates on the false pretense of being "Friendly." Not all of their members are rude, but as I stated there is a disproportionate amount of meatheads. They can say whatever they want, I am not complaining, but that forum presents itself one way and then when you get in there you realize how embarrassed rational Ravens are. And very rarely is credit given to the opponent for anything whatsoever.

Whenever the Ravens lose, that place loses there minds. Very reactionary, many lose all faith in their team. One day they hate Flacco, but when he wins a game is Zues, and M&T bank stadium is his Olympus. And yes, with he recent AFC North Championship, as one can imagine, the climate here is that they have already one team of the decade. It drives me nuts.

Why do I participate in that forum? Well, I live just north of Baltimore. I am pretty respectful there, despite the overall climate. At any rate, much more than I wanted to say, but oh well . . . .

steelersbabex25
01-05-2012, 07:11 PM
^ I've tried to peacefully join some opponents forum with no luck. I enjoy talking about football with people who have more interests than just bashing you because you like a different team. Some of the sites that I've gone on have had quite a few people with that same interest, but those select few posters who have nothing more to do than trash you for being a Steeler fan just makes it not worth it. That being said, I have never tried and will never try to engage in serious conversation with any Ravens fan on any Ravens board ever. It will simply never work. There's too much hate.

LevonKirkland99
01-05-2012, 07:45 PM
I spend some time there, and that place is a Steelers Den of Hate. Many threads devolve into a Steelers hate thread. I have told this story before here before, but I think it is worth mentioning:

When you search, and in their description on the site it states "Friendly." That is a joke. As you register, you discover the registration process involved attacking Steelers and their fans. And when you get there, you can easily discover all kinds of mean, vicious, and even disgusting posts. I read a post from the moderator that said anybody who posted anything rude would be banned. Yeah, rite. That was right above a post titled something like "Why Do You Hate Steelers Fans." Well, one poster referred to them as "f****tards." The moderator never replied.

I was engaged in one thread where they were trashing Harrison. I stated that Ray made similar comments, and mentioned the "bounty" put forth by Suggs. Guess what, I was asked to "cite my sources." What? Whatever, so I did, and explained that we can "you say I say" all day and the reply would be a but, "Steeler X" said this. Well, that is exactly what happened. Since then, I have seen nobody else asked to cite their sources. A disprortionate amount of those members are rude and ignorant.

In a recent post there was regarding complaining about the Steelers complaining about officiating. So, in effect, he made a post "whining" about "whining." For some reasons, Ravens fans are better than the Sainted Ravens fans.

Not everybody there is that bad, but that board operates on the false pretense of being "Friendly." Not all of their members are rude, but as I stated there is a disproportionate amount of meatheads. They can say whatever they want, I am not complaining, but that forum presents itself one way and then when you get in there you realize how embarrassed rational Ravens are. And very rarely is credit given to the opponent for anything whatsoever.

Whenever the Ravens lose, that place loses there minds. Very reactionary, many lose all faith in their team. One day they hate Flacco, but when he wins a game is Zues, and M&T bank stadium is his Olympus. And yes, with he recent AFC North Championship, as one can imagine, the climate here is that they have already one team of the decade. It drives me nuts.

Why do I participate in that forum? Well, I live just north of Baltimore. I am pretty respectful there, despite the overall climate. At any rate, much more than I wanted to say, but oh well . . . .

You must live in Perryville or Bel Air.:) You nailed it on Ravens fans...They must have loved and hated Flaccid too many times this season. But, there is a big majority of fans there that don't have faith in Flacco.

You can't criticize Lewis and Reed like Mike Preston did in his column. The guy is a columnist and wrote about that fact that those two are old and should be off the field on third downs... He got a lot of heat for doing his job.

Great writing about the Rats fans, and be safe in Charm city.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2012, 08:25 PM
I was banned from there several times, just shortly after signing up and actually engaging in or trying to, normal football talk. I honestly think I found one sensible person who was legitimately trying to talk football there.

They're all haters and stupid *** hats who think their team is god and anybody who thinks otherwise is insignificant. Just another reason why everybody loves to hate baltimore. It's not because their team is competitive every year, it's because their fans are the worst in the NFL, bar none!

I love hating Baltimore almost as much as I love the Steelers...

SteelCityVoice
01-05-2012, 08:46 PM
You should see the Twitter battle a Baltimore Blogger and I have had over the last two days. I dared to say Flacco is not as good as Big Ben and presented facts and was told I am trolling.

No dude it's called debate.

Mike Tomlin
01-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Whenever the Ravens lose, that place loses there minds. Very reactionary, many lose all faith in their team. One day they hate Flacco, but when he wins a game is Zues,

You mean like the same stuff that happens here

Ravens1
01-05-2012, 09:20 PM

Touche.

LevonKirkland99
01-05-2012, 10:01 PM

Really? You're a genius Tomlin.. since when Steeler fans loose faith in their team? I certainly don't ...

You need to craft a heck of a game plan Tomlin... this is a fun thread about Baltimouure fans :)

Speeed
01-05-2012, 10:09 PM
I think most of us are critical as opposed to villagers storming Dr. Frankenstein's castle. On that forum the talk is the Ravens are either invincible rulers of the cosmos or deadbeat losers, depending on their last game.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Come on here after a loss and you will find the same reaction from some of our fellow Addicts. It usually settles down after a few hours of venting but there are definitely some people here that goes to that extreme.

steelersbabex25
01-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Over reaction Monday as we like to call it..

Speeed
01-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Have you ever been to that forum? I am telling ya' that place is a madhouse.

Come on here after a loss and you will find the same reaction from some of our fellow Addicts. It usually settles down after a few hours of venting but there are definitely some people here that goes to that extreme.

steelchamp204
01-06-2012, 08:44 AM
I have seen on the Sun and other bmore forums after a ravens loss, they want flacco's head. Cam needs to be gone now. This isnt a playoff team. We need to trade flacco or draft another Qb. Ozzie sucks. Ray rice needs to throw 35 times a game. The offense is so predictable. It kinda sounds like us after we lose. Well atleast with the OC situation

Ravenous Rex
01-06-2012, 01:15 PM
No doubt the Ravens are good but, as expected, Baltimore fans are letting it go to there heads. I found this comment to be particularly amusing...

"Ben could only dream of being Flacco right now. Ben needs to get the Flacco/Ravens monkey off his back since Joe put it there."

Source: http://ravens24x7.com/forum/showthread.php?83444-Big-Ben-suffered-a-setback-vs-Browns

I'm sorry, the monkey is on Ben's back?? Hasn't he beaten Flacco twice in the playoffs? This is the first year Flacco beat Roethlisberger head-to-head and even though it was a sweep Flacco still has a looooooong way to go the have the "upper hand" in this feud.

Some Ravens fans love to say stupid ****. Noone actually believes that. Though it's not like Ben has dominated the playoff games vs us. It's been your defense that has won them more than anything.. outside of the one miracle pass to Antonio Brown that saved the game last year...

steelersbabex25
01-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Some Ravens fans love to say stupid ****. Noone actually believes that. Though it's not like Ben has dominated the playoff games vs us. It's been your defense that has won them more than anything.. outside of the one miracle pass to Antonio Brown that saved the game last year...

That's not the point. "Ben could only dream of being Flacco right now." Really? Come on now...

Ravenous Rex
01-06-2012, 01:27 PM
I have seen on the Sun and other bmore forums after a ravens loss, they want flacco's head. Cam needs to be gone now. This isnt a playoff team. We need to trade flacco or draft another Qb. Ozzie sucks. Ray rice needs to throw 35 times a game. The offense is so predictable. It kinda sounds like us after we lose. Well atleast with the OC situation

Exactly, which is why Id sometimes rather go on opposing teams message boards than my own. I get sick of bandwagon fans who obviously have never played the game and just don't get it. Football is a game of inches and bounces. Hell a gust of win can determine an outcome- and the outcome is what churns reaction.

Flacco is at his best as a shotgun quarterback in a hurry up offense, but Ozzie has built the team to match up with (Pittsburgh) the AFC North- which means smashmouth football- with a solid running game and defense. We had a chance to get Dez Bryant two years ago, but what'd we do, trade the pick, and end up with Sergio Kindle who fell down some stairs and broke his skull. I'd love to see Flacco have a target like that, or AJ Green.. BUt I digress... It's funny, as the Ravens have been chasing the Steelers, it's seem like the Steelers have been chasing the Patriots (hence opening up the offense so much)- and obviously it paid dividends vs them this year...

Ok, I digress again... fans love to bitch, and it gets old really fast. So many dynamics in ever game, every play.. that to criticize so righteously is laughable to me. Ravens fan can be by far the worst...

Quick point of note... I was back in Baltimore for Christmas, listening to sportstalk radio, and idiot fans bashing the team and Flacco after a win vs the Browns (where they made it closer than it should have been.... and who'd have thought a Steeler fan owuld be the voice of reason. After 3 Ravens fans call in bitching and moaning, a Steelers fan called in and asked "Dont Ravens fans know they are going to the playoffs, and for the 4th straight year??"
All I could do was laugh as I filled up my gas tank.

--- Added 1/6/2012 at 12:27 PM ---

That's not the point. "Ben could only dream of being Flacco right now." Really? Come on now...

Like I said, "Some Ravens fans like to say stupid ****. Noone actually believes that."

I think I'd take two rings and a wild card berth than my first home playoff game.