PDA

View Full Version : Hard not to be confident this week

SteelCityVoice
01-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Everything about this matchup outside of the injury concerns seems to favor the Steelers. Better QB, Better WR's, Better TE, Better linebackers, Troy Polamalu (nuff said).

I just cannot fathom this team losing to Tim Tebow err I mean the Denver Broncos. I hope the Steelers turn this into a laugher early and help some of the Steeler Nation with heart problems out this week.

I rarely ever feel this confident about a playoff game, mostly because I've seen the bitter disappointment of games in which the Steelers were favored and lost (AFC Championships vs San Diego, New England)

I just desparately want the Steelers to stomp all over TebowMania and throw a flaming hot Steel Curtain all over his career and snuff this bullshit out once and for all.

I want another shot at the Ravens. Those smug ******* Ravens fans think a regular season sweep just guarantees they are the better team. They seem to think a third win is a given over our Black and Gold.

You should have seen some of the stupidity I had to deal with on Twitter last night from some of those infantile Baltimorons who tried saying Joe Flacco is a better QB than Big Ben. I want them to learn the error of their ways firsthand.

Please God don't let TebowMania continue to ruin this great game of ours. If there is justice in the world, let the baddest football team on the planet prove how overrated TebowMania is.

LatrobePA
01-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Like the wildcat a few years ago this Tebowmania will be over soon.

BUT, the Broncos will come out and give us some looks no one has seen.. You can count on that so I hope we are ready.

steelersbabex25
01-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Hard not to be confident. But also hard to be confident.

Big T
01-04-2012, 11:32 PM
I guarantee that this game will be a lot closer than most think. Ive said this for months now; any team that can rush the passer, no matter how bad their offense, can beat the Steelers. We've seen it time and time again. This team struggles against teams with very bad offenses but have defenses that can get pressure (Indianapolis, KC, Cleveland x2...).

The Broncos offense and Tim Tebow at times have been downright pathetic and hard to watch, but I guarantee you that their defense will keep them in this game. With our offensive line and their backers (Dumervil, Miller, Williams) it would be very stupid to consider this game a gimme. We barely scraped by KC led by Tyler f*cking palko...We barely scrapped by Indy with Curtis f*cking Painter. Personally, I would take this Broncos offense led by Tim Tebow over a Palko-led KC offense and a Painter-led Indy offense.

The fact that people are penciling us in for the next round already scares me to death. This is a game we should win, but I can very easily see us losing.

Troyisabeast_43
01-04-2012, 11:40 PM
I still think the Steelers will win this game against Denver but Im telling you right now they better be careful and not keep this game too close going into the 4th quarter because we have seen the kind of **** that Tim Tebow can do in the 4th quarter if he is down by a TD or even 10 points. You dont want to give Tebow any kind of life or any kind of confidence going into the 4th quarter that he can still pull the game out. Because we have seen it numerous times this season especially when the Broncos play at home that weird things happen and the Broncos and Tebow find ways to pull games out of their butt. So while I am very confident the Steelers should win this game and will win this game Ben and this offense is going to have score some points for the first time in awhile and get this offense back on track. They cant afford to have an offensive performance similar to the ones they had in Kansas City where they hung on and won 13-9 because Palko was awful,or the one they had in San Fran either where they were just totally out of sync or even the performance they had last Sunday in Cleveland. The bottom line is Ben is going to have to play better in this game against a pretty good Broncos defense and put points up early and often and put Tebow behind the 8 ball early and often and make him have to throw the ball every play to beat you which he will not be able to do if that happens.

jnes1216
01-04-2012, 11:54 PM
I still think the Steelers will win this game against Denver but Im telling you right now they better be careful and not keep this game too close going into the 4th quarter because we have seen the kind of **** that Tim Tebow can do in the 4th quarter if he is down by a TD or even 10 points. You dont want to give Tebow any kind of life or any kind of confidence going into the 4th quarter that he can still pull the game out. Because we have seen it numerous times this season especially when the Broncos play at home that weird things happen and the Broncos and Tebow find ways to pull games out of their butt. So while I am very confident the Steelers should win this game and will win this game Ben and this offense is going to have score some points for the first time in awhile and get this offense back on track. They cant afford to have an offensive performance similar to the ones they had in Kansas City where they hung on and won 13-9 because Palko was awful,or the one they had in San Fran either where they were just totally out of sync or even the performance they had last Sunday in Cleveland. The bottom line is Ben is going to have to play better in this game against a pretty good Broncos defense and put points up early and often and put Tebow behind the 8 ball early and often and make him have to throw the ball every play to beat you which he will not be able to do if that happens.

Even if its close in the fourth quarter, the answer is very simple= don't go into the effin prevent like the other teams (minus the bears who fumbled their victory away) did to give Tebow the room he feels confident with. Eddie Royal hasn't practiced this week due to a toe, so there's Decker and Thomas to cover. I feel our DB's match up well.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2012, 12:03 AM
I would agree it's hard not to be confident heading into this game but it does scare me some. Every playoff game scares me. In the regular season if you lose you have another week to come back and redeem yourself. You slip from anytime here on out and it's back home on the couch for the playoffs.

The playoffs are a whole new ball game for Tebow. The competition is fierce enough close to the end of the regular season but now he's got the best conference to deal with and everybody is upping their game. I always like the Steelers chances in the playoffs, this where a veteran group comes in very handy. Virtually all of the active roster has some type of playoff experience, and that is a huge plus for Pittsburgh.