PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger has setback but still plans to play vs Denver

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2012, 04:02 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5536/ben-roethlisberger) walked into the locker room Wednesday with more of a limp than he did last week, but the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers) quarterback doesn't think his left ankle will affect him for Sunday's wild-card playoff game at Denver.

"I had a little setback early in the third quarter (at Cleveland last Sunday)," Roethlisberger said Wednesday. "We're working really hard with the trainers and doctors to get back to even where we were before the Cleveland game. I felt pretty good going in and moved a little bit at the beginning of that game. It's a little setback but we'll get moving."

Roethlisberger indicated that he probably got set back "about a week." Since spraining his ankle on Dec. 8, Pittsburgh has scored two touchdowns in 10 quarters with him on the field.

With the injury, Roethlisberger hasn't been able to follow through on his passes because he is unable to put weight on his left leg. He has completed 56 of 96 passes (58.3 percent) for 729 yards. He has thrown one touchdown and four interceptions for a 68.4 passer rating.

Roethlisberger is unsure how he hurt his ankle last Sunday.
"I don't know if I caught it on the ground wrong or got hit ... we'll see," Roethlisberger said. "We'll be all right."

steelersbabex25
01-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Obviously. If he finished the game against the Browns then he better be playing against the Broncos.

LatrobePA
01-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Yea but like he did against the niners? If so give me Batch please that **** was horrid!

BR7
01-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Sit Ben, let Batch play. Batch can beat the donkeys, we should only need about 13 points from our offense to advance.

LatrobePA
01-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Elway said it's time to unleash Tebow, this could be a 5-6 INT day!! Yes I agree sit Ben if he's too bad off, they're gonna bring heat!

K Train
01-04-2012, 04:57 PM
i kinda think hes milking it

LatrobePA
01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
i kinda think hes milking it

He is a drama queen..

K Train
01-04-2012, 05:24 PM
hes been limping in front of cameras, i think its on purpose...its not a bad idea really

LatrobePA
01-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Officially the first time the word "limp" and Roethlisberger was used in the same sentence..lol

Steel Trap86
01-04-2012, 05:55 PM
lol with the way both teams are playing, plus with the injuries, i can see this game being the biggest snoozer of wild card weekend.

Goodfrom55
01-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Ben has a flare for the drama no doubt. I say if the Steelers get out to a 3 score lead, they have to get Ben out of there. Barring a pick 6 or special teams score or gift fumble, the Broncos are not scoring more than 10 points on Sunday.

--- Added 1/4/2012 at 04:09 PM ---

Not to mention Charlie can move around a little more and vs the Rams (yes I know it was the rams), the offense had more flow to it than it has while Ben is in there on one leg.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Drama queen or not we know he's not 100%, there's no way he can be. He keeps playing and practicing these last couple of weeks it's no wonder. You're in crunch time now, if he can play and move around then he needs to do so. If he can be as mobile as he was in Cleveland last week then I'll take him on Sunday.

jpele
01-04-2012, 07:13 PM
He is a drama queen..

According to the oft concussed Steve " only my opinion matters " Young.

LatrobePA
01-04-2012, 07:27 PM
According to the oft concussed Steve " only my opinion matters " Young.

Steve Young has water on the brain..

You guys have to admit Ben seems to play things up..

jnes1216
01-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Sit Ben, let Batch play. Batch can beat the donkeys, we should only need about 13 points from our offense to advance.

Funny you should say we only need 13 points to win, because I was listening to the denver am talk show hosts here and they believe the Steelers offense is only capable of scoring 17 points!! They're reasoning was Mendy will be out and Ben not being able to plant off his back foot, decreased mobilitiy, etc due to the ankle injury. They were thinking Bailey was going to get a couple picks. They thought the defense could keep them close for another 4th qrtr win. I couldn't stop laughing long enough to call in and tell them they will have a tough time scoring themselves. If the bronco WR's are not open by 2-3 steps tebow does not pull the trigger. Hello Harrison and Woodley.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Funny you should say we only need 13 points to win, because I was listening to the denver am talk show hosts here and they believe the Steelers offense is only capable of scoring 17 points!! They're reasoning was Mendy will be out and Ben not being able to plant off his back foot, decreased mobilitiy, etc due to the ankle injury. They were thinking Bailey was going to get a couple picks. They thought the defense could keep them close for another 4th qrtr win. I couldn't stop laughing long enough to call in and tell them they will have a tough time scoring themselves. If the bronco WR's are not open by 2-3 steps tebow does not pull the trigger. Hello Harrison and Woodley.

Speaking of Denver Radio (it is AM 850, KOA btw) one of there fans wrote this recently.

"I was STUPID to pay NFL.COM 15.00 a yearfor the past 2 years to listen to Denver games when all I had to do was tune in to KOA85 and hear the game for free!" Nice to see a fan in touch with his team.

Apparently Ben is not gonna do it Sunday according to the latest from Denver airwaves.
The last time I heard that was in January 2005. Although it probably is truer this time around.

SteelDad
01-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Ben's plant leg will be fine. It's his other leg that is injured....

I can understand anyone thinking we cant score 17 because we pretty much cant unless we play the rams or bengals.

Ben may indeed be a drama queen but IMO he should have not been in the game in the second half anyway. Catch-22 I know but just my opinion...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

steelersbabex25
01-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Ben milks every injury, but I think it's for purpose. He's not just like, "I'm gonna do this because I want attention." There's something to making the other team unsure of how healthy you are or aren't. Method to the madness.

LevonKirkland99
01-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Steve Young has water on the brain..

You guys have to admit Ben seems to play things up..

I hate that ****g Steve " I know everything" Young, every time he opens his pie hole, he talks bad about the Stillers.

Yeah, Ben plays it up real good...He likes to keep everyone guessing.

Nolrog
01-05-2012, 07:57 AM
PITTSBURGH --
"I had a little setback early in the third quarter (at Cleveland last Sunday)," Roethlisberger said Wednesday.

Which is exactly why he should have been out of the game by then.

StillersSound
01-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Which is exactly why he should have been out of the game by then.

Nope, they had a "chance" at the division. That's more important then the playoffs. Screw it, it's only our quarterbacks health. Nothing too serious.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Ben was a full participant in practice today and looks like he's as good as he's going to get until the offseason. He'll play, he knows he needs to, this is the playoffs.

elephantman
01-08-2012, 03:13 PM
I know this is crazy, but i have watched The steelers on the road this yr and they aren't impresive....NOw w/out Pouncy and Ben ailing and playing very poorly, I dont see them scoring much at all.....a Pick 6 or fumble 6 from Ben could decide this game...our Defense doesent scare me, BEN Scares Me!!!!

coach
01-08-2012, 03:19 PM
This article will make you feel better:
Link (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/1/8/2691658/the-steelers-struggles-on-the-road-in-2011-shouldnt-be-a-mystery-its)

LatrobePA
01-08-2012, 03:56 PM
"I see dead people"