PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers are too injured to go all the way?

StillersSound
01-04-2012, 01:53 AM
That is the goal, right? Not to win one playoff game and make a early exit. Look at all the injuries from the San Fran game and on... We lost Ben's mobility for the rest of the season, Pouncey, Woodley retweaked his hammy, Mendy, 2 cornerbacks, and many more! Yes, I'm still bitter they didn't take the 2 weeks off and they would have been in the same position as they are now!

I can see them winning or losing every potential match up in the AFC but one thing is for sure they will NOT win against a offensive juggernaut team in the NFC. This was already proven last year, slightly banged up and lost to the Packers. Packers have only got better and we have more injuries this year then last!

Whoever made the decision to go for the division and risk injuries should be fired!

DIESELMAN
01-04-2012, 02:46 AM
The Steelers are battered, bruised, tweaked, injured and are down to the bottom of the bucket on some positions. That doesn't mean they can't win in the playoffs or even the Super Bowl. These Steelers have been playing battered and bruised all year and still finished 12-4. Look at GB last year, they must have had 20 players go down during the year and still won the SB. You underestimate the players and the teams heart and resolve when you count them out before they've even played a snap in the playoffs :nono:

Blazedby92
01-04-2012, 05:44 AM
True Bandwagon speaks

jpele
01-04-2012, 08:43 AM
That is the goal, right? Not to win one playoff game and make a early exit.

Whoever made the decision to go for the division and risk injuries should be fired!

So you would rather be the "Eagles" have a great team on paper but sit at home and watch the playoff's ?

When your players are injured and there's a shot at getting a bye week,you have to go for it. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. But it was the correct decision.

LatrobePA
01-04-2012, 09:40 AM
True Bandwagon speaks

Ditto!

Look what the Pens did last year... Chill out bro!

In Tomlin's mind every player is a starter...

StillersSound
01-04-2012, 10:29 AM
So you would rather be the "Eagles" have a great team on paper but sit at home and watch the playoff's ?

When your players are injured and there's a shot at getting a bye week,you have to go for it. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. But it was the correct decision.

Like I said 4 weeks ago.. They were a lock for the 5th seed before the San Fran game. They could have taken 2 weeks off and got healthy, San Fran and Browns game. All they had to do was win one game, Rams. The week leading up to San Fran, they didn't control their own destiny so imo it wasn't worth it. And I was right, 5+ key injuries later and in the same situation.

So you would rather take a chance at winning the division then having a healthy team in the playoffs? You guys remind me of a bunch of Craps fans. Regular season accolades mean nothing but I'm the bandwagon fan for wanting the team healthy for the playoffs :lol:

coldrolled
01-04-2012, 10:33 AM

So, the Bengals didnt play full tilt because they knew all three teams that needed to lose would lose?

you play to win and the chips fall the way they fall. cinci is in on 4 losses for the day.

and we are #5 because of it.

go steelers......:cope:

LatrobePA
01-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Like I said 4 weeks ago.. They were a lock for the 5th seed before the San Fran game. They could have taken 2 weeks off and got healthy, San Fran and Browns game. All they had to do was win one game, Rams. The week leading up to San Fran, they didn't control their own destiny so imo it wasn't worth it. And I was right, 5+ key injuries later and in the same situation.

So you would rather take a chance at winning the division then having a healthy team in the playoffs? You guys remind me of a bunch of Craps fans. Regular season accolades mean nothing but I'm the bandwagon fan for wanting the team healthy for the playoffs :lol:

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnn!!

TampaSteelGirl
01-04-2012, 11:27 AM
That is the goal, right? Not to win one playoff game and make a early exit. Look at all the injuries from the San Fran game and on... We lost Ben's mobility for the rest of the season, Pouncey, Woodley retweaked his hammy, Mendy, 2 cornerbacks, and many more! Yes, I'm still bitter they didn't take the 2 weeks off and they would have been in the same position as they are now!

I can see them winning or losing every potential match up in the AFC but one thing is for sure they will NOT win against a offensive juggernaut team in the NFC. This was already proven last year, slightly banged up and lost to the Packers. Packers have only got better and we have more injuries this year then last!

A few quotes from the movie The Replacements.....pain heals, chicks dig scars....glory lasts forever.

This team can get thru anything.....we can beat everybody and anybody if we dont' turn the ball over with our first, second, or third string. yes it's a bummer we have some of our boys broken and battered but THIS is what makes true Champions...this will be our year where they will NOT be able to say the refs gave us the game, we cheated blah blah blah........I'm not gonna lie....at times I felt that this would not be our year BUT this Band of Brothers is not going down without a fight. We will get thru Denver and get ready for the Ravens or the Pats.....don't think for one minute that this team willl lay down because of injuries...this is what makes back up players great!!!!

Im excited to get to Denver and play out very best football!

steelersbabex25
01-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Ditto!

Look what the Pens did last year... Chill out bro!

In Tomlin's mind every player is a starter...

The Penguins lost in the first round...:lol:

K Train
01-04-2012, 11:35 AM
i fear they might be too injured and the backups cant compensate for the ****** coaching on offense.

that being said this team is very playoff tested and can get hot at any time

coldrolled
01-04-2012, 11:43 AM
i fear they might be too injured and the backups cant compensate for the ****** coaching on offense.

that being said this team is very playoff tested and can get hot at any time

Lets hope this team can turn on the offense.... we need it now. :eek1:

elephantman
01-04-2012, 12:36 PM

LOL..these comments are brilliant on Monday mornings...OMG had the steelers rested for that Browns game and lost and the ravens lost, their wouldnt be enough room on this board to bash Tomlin for giving up the 2 seed...we all know we need(ed) the 1 or 2 seed to make a SB run, and we failed.....to accept a 5 seed is just wrong..

we have little chance healthy or not to win 3 consecutive road games against ANY 3 teams in the league

Scorp
01-04-2012, 12:41 PM
This is how i feel about our injured players.

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af67/wildscorpio76/untitled.jpg

LatrobePA
01-04-2012, 12:53 PM
The classic crying TO....

steelersbabex25
01-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Das mah quarta back. Das mah teammate.

SteelDad
01-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Nothing this team does, did or will do surprises me anymore. I would be no less shocked to see us put up 40 than if we put up 3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

LatrobePA
01-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Nothing this team does, did or will do surprises me anymore. I would be no less shocked to see us put up 40 than if we put up 3.

It's a shame but I agree... This team has so damn much talent on both sides of the ball it could be scary good...

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Weren't the packers banged up last year? How'd that turn out?

K Train
01-04-2012, 03:42 PM
i have no problems with the injuries if ben goes ape **** like aaron rodgers did

LatrobePA
01-04-2012, 03:44 PM
i have no problems with the injuries if ben goes ape **** like aaron rodgers did

That's the difference between the 10' Packers and the 11' Steelers, we know Ben has the weapons...

steelersbabex25
01-04-2012, 03:50 PM
If the Browns game was any indication to how Ben would perform in the playoffs..I doubt he'll play much like Rodgers did.

steelchamp204
01-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Ben hasnt been hot going into this years playoffs. He was on fire in the beg of the year towards the middle. Hes cooled off lately though. Alot probably has to do with that ankle. Hey they had there chance to take the division against the 49ers and failed to capitalize to get healthy. I wouldnt be suprised if we made a run to the superbowl, but I also wouldnt be suprised if we had an early exit. Via Bronco's

Raleigh Steel
01-04-2012, 03:55 PM
if...and it's a big IF...our offense can score some points...like 24+ we could get to the super bowl again. our defense is good enough to hold teams out of the end zone...problem is BA is equally as good at holding our team out of the end zone.

LatrobePA
01-04-2012, 04:03 PM
If the Browns game was any indication to how Ben would perform in the playoffs..I doubt he'll play much like Rodgers did.

Ugh!

Ben hasn't been able to hit the deep bombs and has just been off even B4 his ankle injury, I would suspect he'll struggle this coming weekend...

StillersSound
01-04-2012, 04:18 PM
LOL..these comments are brilliant on Monday mornings...OMG had the steelers rested for that Browns game and lost and the ravens lost, their wouldnt be enough room on this board to bash Tomlin for giving up the 2 seed...we all know we need(ed) the 1 or 2 seed to make a SB run, and we failed.....to accept a 5 seed is just wrong..

we have little chance healthy or not to win 3 consecutive road games against ANY 3 teams in the league

And I'm bashed about having no faith... It was either get 1st or get healthy and personally I think a healthy 5th seed would have been better. 2 weeks of rest > 1 and it's not like the Steelers are going to get more calls at home as we saw this year. Steelers play the best underdogs on the road.

But, they got neither and now we have to suffer.

steelspikes
01-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Amen RaleighSteel re Bruce Arians!!! Only positive of Steelers possibly coming up short this year will be the long-awaited firing of BA.

jnes1216
01-04-2012, 08:23 PM
About the other ankle injury.... How has Pouncey been this week, anyone hear?

SteelDad
01-04-2012, 08:25 PM

Amen Train... Amen.

Three Four
01-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Going into Super Bowl XLV, the Packers had 16 players on injured reserve. The will to win will be more of a determining factor than just healthy players in the Steelers road to another title this year. If Tomlin and his coaching staff are smart, they will view the Broncos game as a tune up to the much tougher Pats and Ravens. I think the wildcard gives the Steelers an advantage going into the next round. The bye teams may come out flat. The Steelers need to jump on that.

SteelDad
01-04-2012, 08:27 PM
It's a shame but I agree... This team has so damn much talent on both sides of the ball it could be scary good...

Yup. And to me it just reeks of Arians' incompetence.

mikebb
01-05-2012, 02:31 PM
yes theyre prob too injured to go to sb, but just as important or more: the team has been MISHANDLED by the coaching staff this year- especially regarding offense and injuries. ben should NOT have played against 49's, and im not sayin that in hindsight, as i maintained that all along. he shouldnt have played last week either. i give tomlin and co SOME credit for the successes, but i also give a lot of criticism for the failures, and this year will go down as a FAILURE in my opinion. whats a failure?- for THIS team- it is not winning the sb. anything shy of sb win is short of what this team could have done relative to the players & state of the rest of the league. its WELL beyond the time to get rid of arians if no sb this year, and tomlin- well see if he can transition this team over the next few yrs as some of the core older players are gone. to me- that will define his stay here.

steelersbabex25
01-05-2012, 04:23 PM
yes theyre prob too injured to go to sb, but just as important or more: the team has been MISHANDLED by the coaching staff this year- especially regarding offense and injuries. ben should NOT have played against 49's, and im not sayin that in hindsight, as i maintained that all along. he shouldnt have played last week either. i give tomlin and co SOME credit for the successes, but i also give a lot of criticism for the failures, and this year will go down as a FAILURE in my opinion. whats a failure?- for THIS team- it is not winning the sb. anything shy of sb win is short of what this team could have done relative to the players & state of the rest of the league. its WELL beyond the time to get rid of arians if no sb this year, and tomlin- well see if he can transition this team over the next few yrs as some of the core older players are gone. to me- that will define his stay here.

Oh I think you are...

mikebb
01-05-2012, 04:37 PM
not at all sbabe. when he stepped onto that field against 49- it was so evident that he shouldnt have been playing, which is exactly what i said days before the game. in most cases- you gotta put the players out there who give u the best chance to win- and that was NOT ben that nite. should have been batch, and should have been batch last weekend too. if steelers lose to broncs or ravens pats whoever- and its in large part bc ben still cant throw- then to me- thats at least in part bc of poor coaching decision, as he should have had weeks to rehab. instead- hell limp into denver, and the steelers are going nowhere fast! even if they get by denver- whats gonna happen against the next team? if pats- steelers will need min 31 points. if ravens- do you really thik ben would even survive whole game- and thats IF he even plays to begin with?? no!!! damage is done, but i say lets batch it until ben proves he can throw/move. if that doesnt happen this playoffs - then so be it. batch would prob give us best chance to win if ben is anything like the last couple weeks. i know theres a lot of steelers-can-do-no-wrong people out there- esp on that lousy BTSC site- but fact is- this team was MISHANDLED this year- esp offensively and injury-wise, and thats why the sb is practically out of reach this year. it didnt have to be that way.

steelersbabex25
01-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Take into account that Ben does tend to milk a lot on injuries. If he was really as injured as he was showing, I don't think we would have been playing.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
The Ragings now have the doubt factor to deal with i.e. Can we beat the Steelers 3 times in one year? Well punk, can ya.? The Steelers aleady answered that. One of those 3 games just happens to be a playoff game.

mikebb
01-05-2012, 05:05 PM
im not impressed w the ravens by any means, but the steelers wont win in baltimore unless ben can throw/move. if he cant- then why not take a shot with batch?? then if ya sumhow win, maybe ya wind up at foxboro with a sumwhat healthier ben.

Blazedby92
01-05-2012, 06:16 PM
You really think a Healthy Batch is better than where Ben is now, Not
I'll take my chances with a hurt Ben

WindyCityShaker
01-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Denver was a gift, an outright gift of a draw for the condition this team is in. Don't get me wrong, this isn't one of those no way we can lose type of posts but if we lose to Denver at 100%, 80%, or even 60% there was no way we could expect to beat the Pats or Ratbirds.

I put all my faith in the players that are healthy, 90% or better, I'm all in. To me its much more important to be as close to full strength against NE or Bal than it is to limp in against either team because we wanted to make sure we don't implode against the Broncos.

That being said if there is a chance to get them back at 90% NEXT week, I would sit Ben, Pouncey, and Wood, Cortez. Wood tried coming back twice and re-tweaked the hammy, just get healthy man, the same for MP.

It's almost unthinkable to sit Ben, but if there's EVER been the opportunity to roll the dice in the playoffs, this is it!

I can't possibly fathom the D giving up 12-13 points vs the Broncs this weekend, I don't care how banged up we walk into that game. Denver's D isn't really scary outside of the ability to rush the passer, and guess what, Ben isn't exactly moving lightly on his feet right now. Charlie has to be able to step up and put up 14, heck at least he'd be able to step into a throw which I can't really see Ben doing right now.

<retreats to his corner never to be listened to again>

--- Added 1/5/2012 at 04:37 PM ---

You really think a Healthy Batch is better than where Ben is now, Not
I'll take my chances with a hurt Ben

To me the question isn't whether batch at 100% is better than Ben at 70%, the question is whether we're better served playing NE or Bal with Ben at 70% or Ben @ 85-90%.

Don't get me wrong against either of those two teams I absolutely start Ben, but I do want the healthiest Ben I can get for either of those two match ups.

--- Added 1/5/2012 at 04:41 PM ---

Take into account that Ben does tend to milk a lot on injuries. If he was really as injured as he was showing, I don't think we would have been playing.

Ben WAS hurt in SF and came out there in the second half anyway. I think we're all just spoiled by probably the toughest quarterback ever to play the game ... "if I can't see bone sticking out it's not that bad".

Ben's a warrior, he'll put on his overalls and milk for all it's worth, but make no mistake, he is injured.

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-05-2012, 06:59 PM
im not impressed w the ravens by any means, but the steelers wont win in baltimore unless ben can throw/move. if he cant- then why not take a shot with batch?? then if ya sumhow win, maybe ya wind up at foxboro with a sumwhat healthier ben.

Soooo did you really just say play BATCH in the PLAYOFFS?

steelersbabex25
01-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Ben WAS hurt in SF and came out there in the second half anyway. I think we're all just spoiled by probably the toughest quarterback ever to play the game ... "if I can't see bone sticking out it's not that bad".

Ben's a warrior, he'll put on his overalls and milk for all it's worth, but make no mistake, he is injured.

Where did I say that Ben wasn't injured? I said he milks a lot of injuries. Like him saying that he had a "setback in the Browns game." If he was really that injured in the 4th quarter of the Browns game, after the Ravens already had the game in hand against the Bengals, then he wouldn't have gone back in. Simple.

StillersSound
01-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Where did I say that Ben wasn't injured? I said he milks a lot of injuries. Like him saying that he had a "setback in the Browns game." If he was really that injured in the 4th quarter of the Browns game, after the Ravens already had the game in hand against the Bengals, then he wouldn't have gone back in. Simple.

Why are you so certain? I agree I think Ben milks injuries too because he has a lot of making up to do for his image. But, they have mishandled injuries all year. Rushing Woodley back and he retweaks his hammy. He probably won't be anywhere near 100% in the playoffs now. Why was Pouncey playing last week when it was obvious he wasn't even 70%? Now they are saying he might not play now. We go from thinking the season is over and Ben broke his ankle to him hobbling out. I don't think Tomlin is making them go out and play, I don't know who is making these decisions. I think a part of it is the players want to play but Tomlin needs to put his foot down and tell them they are not playing, simple as that.

steelersbabex25
01-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Why are you so certain? I agree I think Ben milks injuries too because he has a lot of making up to do for his image. But, they have mishandled injuries all year. Rushing Woodley back and he retweaks his hammy. He probably won't be anywhere near 100% in the playoffs now. Why was Pouncey playing last week when it was obvious he wasn't even 70%? Now they are saying he might not play now. We go from thinking the season is over and Ben broke his ankle to him hobbling out. I don't think Tomlin is making them go out and play, I don't know who is making these decisions. I think a part of it is the players want to play but Tomlin needs to put his foot down and tell them they are not playing, simple as that.

That's another thing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can blame Tomlin for a lot of things, but injured players being out on the field is not one of them. This is the NFL, and I truly believe those decisions are made by the players themselves. If it's not impossible for them to play, I think they're asked personally how they feel, because nobody knows but them. If they say they can go, if they say they want to go, then they'll go.

elephantman
01-05-2012, 08:19 PM

hindsight really is 20/20...though I do indeed question Pouncy playing last week.....does everyone realize how close (3rd quarter 17-13 Ravens w Bengels with ball) and realistic it was for the ravens to lose last week....had they lost, and I Know they didnt, we would all be talking How Brilliant we are sitting pretty with a Bye week RIGHT NOW ....resting our injured players

we rolled the dice for the 2 seed and lost.....we should get over it...we all know deep in our hearts that we CANNOT WIN 3 road games....and TOMLIN knows too...it was a good gamble that we lost.....we have a chance of course, but its grim

StillersSound
01-06-2012, 12:13 AM
hindsight really is 20/20...though I do indeed question Pouncy playing last week.....does everyone realize how close (3rd quarter 17-13 Ravens w Bengels with ball) and realistic it was for the ravens to lose last week....had they lost, and I Know they didnt, we would all be talking How Brilliant we are sitting pretty with a Bye week RIGHT NOW ....resting our injured players

we rolled the dice for the 2 seed and lost.....we should get over it...we all know deep in our hearts that we CANNOT WIN 3 road games....and TOMLIN knows too...it was a good gamble that we lost.....we have a chance of course, but its grim

But it isn't hindsight, I made a thread/post addressing this the week BEFORE San Fran. Obviously somebody needs to be fired and I should take their job :greengrin: But no, it was common sense... They didn't control their own destiny, they had to rely on the Ravens to slip up AGAIN after the San Fran game. They had a long week leading up to the San Fran game and they could have taken a extra 2 out of the 3 weeks left off. Instead of 1 week off in the playoffs.. Honestly how would have that changed anything? They had to play 3 key players nursing injuries at a "chance" at a week off. When they had the 5th seed in the bag. Week and a half off leading up to the San Fran game, take the loss. Get ready for the Rams as a tune up for the playoffs and then take the Browns game off as your bye leading into the playoffs.

Seriously, my mind is blown at whoever made this idiotic decision and they should be held accountable.

--- Added 1/5/2012 at 10:13 PM ---

Well I made a thread but it was merged....

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33670&page=2

Assuming they can even go. You have to sit Ben, Pouncey, and Woodley... right? Yeah, the last week the Ravens play the Bengals and the Bengals might need a win to get into the playoffs but do we really want to place our faith in them? Is it really worth rushing players out there in the hope the Bengals beat the Ravens?

The scheduling has been great to the Steelers. They could rest some key players during the San Fran game and who knows maybe Batch can beat them.. Alex Smith is winning games so who knows. Then go out and beat the Rams and use that game to get ready for the playoffs and then rest players during the Browns game because they will be a lock for 5th regardless. They wouldn't even need the 1st week bye with the way things are going. Yeah, home field would be great but the Steelers historically play better as the underdogs on the road.

And oh yeah, they should inform Godell of their plans so he can take the necessary precautions so the Steelers want to go out there and win that game

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33655&page=3

Why not? They are pretty much a lock for the 5th seed. Why fight for something you can't even control for one week of rest you might not get when you can take two?

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33670&page=3

Winning the AFC is more important then being healthy in the playoffs? Lets not be Caps fans.

SteelWolf62
01-06-2012, 02:23 PM

:plus1:

mikebb
01-06-2012, 02:30 PM
i cant stand amateurish posts like "if ben goes apeshit..."

gimme a break- bens not goin ANYTHING but tryin to get out there HURT & tryin to win the game. therell be no great game, no "apeshit" performances, etc etc etc. the steelers will be lucky if he plays effectively, and really- it should be batch in there this week. the steelers have been MISHANDLED this year & im pissed about it! the offense and injuries have been completely mishandled, and that is why the steelers are in the position theyre in: one and done in playoffs. could have been soooo different this year, esp w so many other teams havin fatal flaws. fire arians & put tomlin on notice!

coldrolled
01-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Injured?? Frustrated??

When the year starts out with Arians, i feel like half our offense is injured...

Now with the injuries i am really feeling the doubt, and after being at the Browns game and seeing us live and score only 13 points it was very frustrating..

I have to post a couple of photos from the game still.

I think we can win this week. But the next two games in the shape we are in i dont see arians changing the game plan to work along with our injuries..

i hope he proves me wrong.

LatrobePA
01-06-2012, 03:44 PM
i cant stand amateurish posts like "if ben goes apeshit..."

gimme a break- bens not goin ANYTHING but tryin to get out there HURT & tryin to win the game. therell be no great game, no "apeshit" performances, etc etc etc. the steelers will be lucky if he plays effectively, and really- it should be batch in there this week. the steelers have been MISHANDLED this year & im pissed about it! the offense and injuries have been completely mishandled, and that is why the steelers are in the position theyre in: one and done in playoffs. could have been soooo different this year, esp w so many other teams havin fatal flaws. fire arians & put tomlin on notice!

Chill out man, it's f'n Friday have a beer!:cope:

--- Added 1/6/2012 at 01:44 PM ---

Running back Mewelde Moore (sprained left knee) and cornerback Cortez Allen (shoulder) were ruled out. Three other starters -- linebacker James Harrison (toe), defensive end Brett Keisel (right groin) and safety Troy Polamalu (right calf) -- all of whom didn't practice for the second straight day on Thursday, were listed as probable.

coldrolled
01-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Rush Limbaugh just said this is his upset special... He doesnt see our offense playing this out.

LatrobePA
01-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Rush Limbaugh just said this is his upset special... He doesnt see our offense playing this out.

Speaking of douchebag! BUT, I could see the picks swaying a bit now..

coldrolled
01-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Rush is a solid Steeler fan... I wish he would start a fire Arians campaign on his show..
Pittsburgh Media wont..

LatrobePA
01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Rush is a solid Steeler fan... I wish he would start a fire Arians campaign on his show..
Pittsburgh Media wont..

I'd take back my name calling if he would...lol

DIESELMAN
01-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Chill out man, it's f'n Friday have a beer!:cope:

No doubt, the sky is ****ing falling lol
:beerbanana: :DANCE04: :beerbanana:

Goodfrom55
01-06-2012, 08:12 PM
When the opportunity presents itself for the Steelers to improve their seed, they had to take that chance. Injured yes, but the Steelers do have depth that most teams don't have. Look at GB last year; they had half their roster on IR and even though the Steelers gift wrapped it, the Pack won the SB.

This is likely the last year for some of the guys so I would expect a Herculean effort from the Men in Black throughout this playoff run - no matter how long it lasts.

I can guarantee you this - injured or not, NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY THE STEELERS NEXT WEEK.

LevonKirkland99
01-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Here is the scoop from inside the beltway here in DC. The ravens want the Steelers so they can beat us for the third time!

Do you think we can beat Baltimore with a QB one one leg and the starting RB out for god knows how long? I just don't think we can go far if Ben is not healthy and can move around. Plus out OLine is just a joke!

--- Added 1/6/2012 at 07:30 PM ---

When the opportunity presents itself for the Steelers to improve their seed, they had to take that chance. Injured yes, but the Steelers do have depth that most teams don't have. Look at GB last year; they had half their roster on IR and even though the Steelers gift wrapped it, the Pack won the SB.

This is likely the last year for some of the guys so I would expect a Herculean effort from the Men in Black throughout this playoff run - no matter how long it lasts.

I can guarantee you this - injured or not, NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY THE STEELERS NEXT WEEK.

We're so bruised and banged up and we can't score more that 14 pts ina game and NO one wants to play us next week?

Am I missing something here????

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Nobody wants to play the Steelers ever in the post season. They don't normally lose no matter how the roster looks. A veteran group full of players that have recent championships on their resume. I guarantee you the Ravens fans, deep down inside only want to face the Steelers because of how beat up the team is and because they would get us at home. They don't want to face Tom Brady on the road and try to stop him in a playoff situation.

They can talk all they want, it's stupid Ratbirds fans after all. They haven't done a thing in the playoffs since they won the super bowl a decade + ago.

DIESELMAN
01-06-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't have any faith in BA to come up with any kind of successful game plan against anyone, he has surprised us at times, but even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then. That being said, even though the Steelers are battered, bruised and hobbling, I have a lot of faith in the players, especially the backup RB's, Redman, Clay and Span. They came into the league undrafted and not wanted, these guys will shine on Sunday. This is the playoffs!! It's gut check time, put the women (no offense Steeler ladies) and children to bed and strut onto the field cuz the Steelers are and always will be the baddest Mother ****ers on the field. This is what everyone in the NFL plays for, the playoffs, to get that ring. The adrenaline is pumping, hurt or not, the studs will show up and play lights out. You just gotta believe that the Donkeys will get their asses handed to them, the Steelers will show them ****ers what the price is for backing into the playoffs. :woot: :woot:

All this doom and gloom, we're to hurt to advance in the playoffs, we shoulda done this or shoulda done that, boo ****ing hoo, it's done and over with, get used to it!! I sure am glad the players don't have some of y'alls mentality. Holy Crap!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Really if anybody thinks if Batch starts gives the Steelers the best chance to win in the play-offs needs their freaking head examined........lol I love the Steelers and I want them to win the Super Bowl every year but over the years as I have gotten older its just a freaking game....lol I think this team is to banged up to win it all right now and really at the end of the day its not that big of a deal....lol Still had a good season regardless of the out come this post-season....I also wouldn't count this team out either since there still a ton of players on this roster that have won Super Bowls.....I do know this the Steelers will beat the Broncos.....

SteelDad
01-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Let us remember that with all of the adversity this team finished 12-4. Let us also remember that doesn't mean jack squat now because what you do in the playoffs is what matters.

Injuries are part of the game. No one felt bad for Green Bay last year and they pulled it off so why cant we?

Bottom line is that the players won't be looking for excuses and neither should we.

StillersSound
01-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Really if anybody thinks if Batch starts gives the Steelers the best chance to win in the play-offs needs their freaking head examined........lol I love the Steelers and I want them to win the Super Bowl every year but over the years as I have gotten older its just a freaking game....lol I think this team is to banged up to win it all right now and really at the end of the day its not that big of a deal....lol Still had a good season regardless of the out come this post-season....I also wouldn't count this team out either since there still a ton of players on this roster that have won Super Bowls.....I do know this the Steelers will beat the Broncos.....

I agree with all this but it doesn't tick you guys off a little bit that this team could/should be healthy and in the same situation playing at Denver on Sunday?

These players did nothing wrong. They were told to play meaningless games. Only explanation I can come up with is some greedy higher ups wanted some games at Heinz and make some money. I would think the coaching staff would accept a healthy 5 seed over a banged up 1st or 2nd or in our case 5th.

Blazedby92
01-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Football is a contact sport which can cause injury it's also a business for both Owner and Player this is why they had a lockout, they get paid with incentives too and it's entertainment for me so no I'm not mad and I won't cry IF they don't win the SB but on the other side It's also great to be able to talk crap to other team fans when they win.

StillersSound
01-09-2012, 03:09 AM
Well... Don't even get out the wildcard round and lose to the F'ing Broncos the other way... I hate to tell yinz I told you so but I TOLD YOU SO.