PDA

View Full Version : Cliche But Turnovers Will Determine Outcome

SteelDad
01-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Going back to week one, turning the ball over has been a consistent problem for the black n gold in '11. Conversely, the defense has struggled most of the year to create turnovers although they have picked up the pace recently.

Tebow almost seems like he'll turn it over at least once a game so we must take advantage while limiting our mistakes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

steelersbabex25
01-03-2012, 04:57 PM
I think the Steelers have a great chance to get a few turnovers against the Broncos. Tebow is as young and inexperienced as they come. He'll make some mistakes for sure.

LatrobePA
01-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Ben has had more than one dumbass game this season, he's a vet that has been there and done that I hope he can be elite in the PO's..

Nolrog
01-03-2012, 07:31 PM
We're at 0 now once again. Even in the plus minus. Time to start with a big plus and keep it going from there.

Goodfrom55
01-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Tebow does not have a strong arm so when he does throw a pass, the Steelers have to play the ball and not the runner. They have to take some chances early on to put the pressure on the Denver Offense.

Steelers however, cannot put the ball on the ground.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Turnovers will always play a big part in the outcome of a game. The more you get the more chances your offense has to score and you keep the other teams offense on the bench. The Steelers have not done a good job of turnovers this year as we know, but it's not for a lack of effort. I can think of at least 10 times off the top of my head where the defender had a hand on the ball but didn't come down with it. Breaking up passes is fine but you want to see your guys come down with it at least some of the time. A half step quicker on a break here and there can mean the difference between getting that INT or not.

The secondary has a great chance to get some picks this weekend if Tebow actually decides to throw the ball. You have to think they will try and control the clock with the run game and keep it close till the 4th quarter, which means very few until then. Getting Tebow and 3rd and long will go a long way towards making him throw and hopefully allowing our secondary to come down with a couple.