PDA

View Full Version : Big ben

Clevelandsux
01-02-2012, 06:23 PM
He just seemed very inaccurate yesterday. Has me worried. I was at the game, and yes it was very windy. He just doesn't seem like the same Ben since he had the injury.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 06:41 PM
well he isn't...lol high ankle sprains will do that to a player......

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-02-2012, 07:15 PM
well he isn't...lol high ankle sprains will do that to a player......

This and the wind.

jpele
01-02-2012, 07:20 PM
He just seemed very inaccurate yesterday. Has me worried. I was at the game, and yes it was very windy. He just doesn't seem like the same Ben since he had the injury.

Where's the game& tailgate pics?

LatrobePA
01-02-2012, 07:37 PM
This and the wind.

And a stupid *** OC calling 40 pass plays in all the wind while knowing Ben was hobbled..

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 07:38 PM
And a stupid *** OC calling 40 pass plays in all the wind while knowing Ben was hobbled..

How many times empty backfield with Ben on a bum ankle....Just drives me nuts....:lol:

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't know why we weren't in shotgun for pretty much the entire game...especially after our offensive line started collapsing.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 07:45 PM
I don't know why we weren't in shotgun for pretty much the entire game...especially after our offensive line started collapsing.

BA needs to be shot..........:lol: I use to play devils advocate and try to defend BA somewhat.....But just can't do it anymore the man needs to go big time......:yellowthumb:

mwittman5
01-02-2012, 07:45 PM
The good thing is he was moving around a lot better. The commentators mentioned that Tomlin told ben to not be john wayne and throw the ball away. If that was a playoff game you know Ben would have ran the ball when he had the chance to escape.

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 07:49 PM
BA needs to be shot..........:lol: I use to play devils advocate and try to defend DA somewhat.....But just can't do it anymore the man needs to go big time......:yellowthumb:

He has some glimpses of genius..but they doesn't outweigh his glimpses of stupidity.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 07:53 PM
He has some glimpses of genius..but they doesn't outweigh his glimpses of stupidity.

Scheme wise he is very good....His play calling is bizarre at times....But then again Ben does have authority to audible and change out of plays when he sees fit so some the play calling is on Ben as well.....I just don't see this offense improving much to where they can be one of the top offenses in the NFL under BA.....Change would do the offense and Ben good in my opinion.....

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Scheme wise he is very good....His play calling is bizarre at times....But then again Ben does have authority to audible and change out of plays when he sees fit so some the play calling is on Ben as well.....I just don't see this offense improving much to where they can be one of the top offenses in the NFL under BA.....Change would do the offense and Ben good in my opinion.....

What it all comes down to for me is that his playcalling can get us in the redzone, but can't get us in the endzone. You don't win superbowls by getting into the endzone 25% of the time that you're in the redzone. It's gotta be like..75% of the time.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 07:59 PM
What it all comes down to for me is that his playcalling can get us in the redzone, but can't get us in the endzone. You don't win superbowls by getting into the endzone 25% of the time that you're in the redzone. It's gotta be like..75% of the time.

Redzone has been a joke all year so yea I agree big time on the play calling inside the red zone....Especially from the 10 yard line an in......I actually wouldn't mind Todd Haley former Chiefs coach to call plays......Norv Turner is great as an OC but terrible HC but I don't think he would come to Pittsburgh....Haley is a Pittsburgh guy.......

LatrobePA
01-02-2012, 10:25 PM
How many times empty backfield with Ben on a bum ankle....Just drives me nuts....:lol:

Oh man you and I both!

pimplydan
01-02-2012, 10:30 PM
it's not such a bad thing that the team didn't play well, they usually work harder and come back strong ! AGREE ?

StillersSound
01-02-2012, 10:36 PM
it's not such a bad thing that the team didn't play well, they usually work harder and come back strong ! AGREE ?

I don't consider 27-0 against the worst team/defense in the league playing well. Considering the Rams missed some field goals and out on some points because they are the Rams. So the Steelers are on like 3 straight bad games. Hopefully they bounce back.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Redzone play calling has been a killer for this team. It's one thing to be great between the 20's, and to Arians' credit he is usually pretty solid. He mixes plays up, gets multiple receivers and backs involved and uses the weapons he has to his benefit.

Now in the redzone they just go into a shell. They get predictable, stubborn, and end up with more field goals or penalties that eliminate even the 3 points than you'd like. Combine with receivers dropping some passes and Ben being hurt and it's just a rough go around.

Mike Tomlin
01-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Redzone play calling has been a killer for this team. It's one thing to be great between the 20's, and to Arians' credit he is usually pretty solid. He mixes plays up, gets multiple receivers and backs involved and uses the weapons he has to his benefit.

Now in the redzone they just go into a shell. They get predictable, stubborn, and end up with more field goals or penalties that eliminate even the 3 points than you'd like. Combine with receivers dropping some passes and Ben being hurt and it's just a rough go around.

Well maybe with our two big backs forced into the line-up we'll run tough in the redzone like yesterday. in the last 2 weeks our big backs scored from 7 and 10 yards out. Now that Mendy's out maybe we'll play power football with the right backs this time.

DIESELMAN
01-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Most OL's would rather run block and maul the crap out of the DL then pass block, our OL is no exception. Redman runs with power and authority between the tackles. We might just see a rejuvenated running game. Then again, with Mendy out, BA will have Ben throw it 70-80 times a game :greengrin: