PDA

View Full Version : Still upset that we let Santonio go?

Farrior Fan
01-02-2012, 05:04 PM
I was a little shocked when we let Santonio go to the Jets... Seems that once again our front office made the right call. Not only has Antonio turned out to be better than Santonio, he is also a better person and hasn't provided this kind of drama. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Santonio-Holmes-shows-fight-against-teammates-n?urn=nfl-wp15004

Good luck playing for the Raiders or Cowgirls next year Santonio.

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Hindsight is always 20/20.

Clevelandsux
01-02-2012, 06:09 PM
nobody ever really said what he did,however. reason plax and holmes are on the jets.

elephantman
01-02-2012, 07:05 PM
I was a little shocked when we let Santonio go to the Jets... Seems that once again our front office made the right call. Not only has Antonio turned out to be better than Santonio, he is also a better person and hasn't provided this kind of drama. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Santonio-Holmes-shows-fight-against-teammates-n?urn=nfl-wp15004

Good luck playing for the Raiders or Cowgirls next year Santonio.

last yr was his last yr on contract and we certainly were not keeping him for this yr regardless of his performace on/off field....so I am upset as i thought he could have beenn the difference maker for last yrs SB, as many of us did

Steelers_All_Day_43
01-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Yes..

jnes1216
01-02-2012, 09:48 PM
I wonder if Santonio is upset he's no longer with the Steelers?

igor0190
01-02-2012, 10:35 PM
I wonder if Santonio is upset he's no longer with the Steelers?

If he enjoys winning he definately would have some regrets...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2012, 12:28 AM
When you offensive coordinator pulls you late in the game, still with a chance to win, because you're a quitter...yeah that says something.

His teammates said his attitude sucked all game long and he got an earful in the huddle several times during the game.

What a baby! All that money, a chance to be "the man" and you still aren't happy. Good riddance!

Danger DANJ
01-03-2012, 01:38 AM
After 2 years on a team nicknamed Gang Green, Holmes is probably upset he still hasn't received any weed.

Koopa
01-03-2012, 01:40 AM
Holmes would have never acted like that here because there is actual leadership here

Nolrog
01-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Holmes would have never acted like that here because there is actual leadership here

Lack of leadership is a big problem for the Jets. They also figured they could take a number of trouble players and throw them all together and they'd all live and play in peace and harmony. That will work for a very short time. Then it will blow up. That's exactly what's happening now.

KSSteelerfan
01-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Seems like the Jets and their problem children are turning out to be the Raiders of the east....

mikebb
01-03-2012, 11:05 AM
exactly. good riddance

TampaSteelGirl
01-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Sorry but I was NEVER sad to see that spoiled punk go...same with Plax....c-ya!

steelchamp204
01-03-2012, 03:21 PM
I am still. I think him and Ben had something going. If he just stayed away from the weed he wouldnt be the player he is on the jets. He probably is frustrated cause sanchez cant throw the deepball to him. We must admit Holmes was a good deepsthreat also. But like I said, him and Ben would have done something special. We will never know though.

K Train
01-03-2012, 03:24 PM
i will always be upset about letting holmes go, i will alwas be furious about letting him go for what we got in return....bryant mcfadden

awful deal, holmes was never a problem here.....and even for how good wallace and brown are...having holmes would be so so sweet.

steelersbabex25
01-03-2012, 03:28 PM
i will always be upset about letting holmes go, i will alwas be furious about letting him go for what we got in return....bryant mcfadden

awful deal, holmes was never a problem here.....and even for how good wallace and brown are...having holmes would be so so sweet.

No way we'd be able to keep Holmes and Wallace together for more than a year or two though. It was gonna be one or the other. If Holmes didn't have off the field issues I would definitely want him over Wallace, but he did. Whoops.

LatrobePA
01-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Wake and Bake... F'N loser!!

steelersbabex25
01-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Wake and Bake... F'N loser!!

The Tweet heard round Steeler Nation

LatrobePA
01-03-2012, 03:36 PM
The Tweet heard round Steeler Nation

Was a shame he had to be an idiot..

steelersbabex25
01-03-2012, 03:38 PM
There was a collective facepalm throughout Steeler Nation.

steelchamp204
01-03-2012, 03:42 PM
There was a collective facepalm throughout Steeler Nation.

???????

LatrobePA
01-03-2012, 03:44 PM
???????

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAeDqvgsoM-GfomW5kxlxrr6xO9uTyjh1x0fk6XMCovMy4DLG-aQ

steelersbabex25
01-03-2012, 03:45 PM
???????

BNsrK6P9QvI

steelchamp204
01-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Lmfao I love the facepalm.

coldrolled
01-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Let try to get shottenheimer.

K Train
01-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Let try to get shottenheimer.

he is awful.

coldrolled
01-03-2012, 04:43 PM
he is awful.

Worse than ???

Last year he was the greatest OC the Jets have had, every play and some announcer would say what a fabulous play... it happened often.. his father was a smart coach to.

SnakeEyes43
01-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Holmes = more complete receiver than Wallace. And Holmes is clutch as hell. He was also the designated Raven killer.

Off-field problems aside, I would much rather have Holmes (at least on the field) than Wallace. I'm not the biggest fan of Wallace though. I get really sick of his cocky attitude and his lack of aggressiveness. Just my opinion though.

K Train
01-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Worse than ???

Last year he was the greatest OC the Jets have had, every play and some announcer would say what a fabulous play... it happened often.. his father was a smart coach to.

marty was king of the chokes, and that led us to martyball jr....(cowher)

brian is not a good OC...hell they are thinking about bringing someone new to try and salvage sanchez's career now

K Train
01-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Holmes = more complete receiver than Wallace. And Holmes is clutch as hell. He was also the designated Raven killer.

Off-field problems aside, I would much rather have Holmes (at least on the field) than Wallace. I'm not the biggest fan of Wallace though. I get really sick of his cocky attitude and his lack of aggressiveness. Just my opinion though.

funny how everyone can be on wallace's nuts for 8 games and now no one is his biggest fan and hes a one trick pony again....jeez

steelersbabex25
01-03-2012, 05:30 PM
funny how everyone can be on wallace's nuts for 8 games and now no one is his biggest fan and hes a one trick pony again....jeez

Still love him. He's still awesome. But his lack of production lately says a lot about who he is as a receiver. Every top receiver in the league is double teamed, and they all find ways to beat it. I think as the years go on he'll mature at his position and be more of a difference maker week in and week out. But right now...eh.

K Train
01-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Still love him. He's still awesome. But his lack of production lately says a lot about who he is as a receiver. Every top receiver in the league is double teamed, and they all find ways to beat it. I think as the years go on he'll mature at his position and be more of a difference maker week in and week out. But right now...eh.

now let a team look at his meh production and lay off a bit and maybe key in on brown since hes catching everything in sight and wallace could just go off.

last week when he was not in sync with ben lets credit it to rust in ben, shaky chemistry cause of limited practice and insane wind....its really not that surprising the last few weeks have been shaky for him all things considered.

now he gets an old champ bailey and brian dawkins...loving that matchup

coldrolled
01-03-2012, 06:34 PM
:lol:
marty was king of the chokes, and that led us to martyball jr....(cowher)

brian is not a good OC...hell they are thinking about bringing someone new to try and salvage sanchez's career now

Trade um straight up.. bruce for schott. BA makes ben look so good, he will make sanchez look real good too. thats the trading pitch... :lol:

Everyone in NY would be gagging on a laugh on that trade.