PDA

View Full Version : When 12 - 4 Isn't 12 - 4

mikebb
01-02-2012, 09:49 AM
this to me is going to wind up a wasted year- bc we are a fraudulent 12 - 4. the sched was a joke, we barely squeaked by poor teams, and we lost key games to baltimore. its not a real 12 - 4- as evidenced by having to travel to an 8 - 8 team, and soon we will see the ramifactions. i think theyll beat the broncos- but how could anyone be surprised if we dont? however- the next week- they will lose to the ravens for the 3rd time this year. injuries, coaching, clock management, wallaces season-progressive regression- will all have played a big factor. if anyone thinks the steelers are about to pull a 2005- WRONG!! instead- we will have wasted a year of big ben. one last comment before predictions- mendenhall gone for playoffs- who cares! not a big-time back, and his fumble helped cause the sb loss last year, as we were on the cusp of taking control of the game- despite the horrendous secondary. anyway...

cin texans- cin
giants atl- atl
steelers broncs- steelers
lions new orl- no

ravens steelers- ravens
pats cin- pats
49 no- no
pack atl- pack

ravens pats- pats
no pack- pack

pack pats- pack

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2012, 10:26 AM
I think we're all anxious to see how this team does in the post season, and many of us aren't that confident. I don't necessarily take that last game as an indication of how the Steelers will do because it is the AFC North, and games are usually close.

The rest of the year is a better indication. Perhaps the Steelers finally get healthy and make a run, but it's not looking good for the healthy part right now either.

Stone
01-02-2012, 10:35 AM
It's the NFL!

You could say very similar things about the Packers last year at this point in the season.

With some luck on the injury issue, we can beat any team in the league.

**** poor play calling is our glaring weakness!

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-02-2012, 10:49 AM
I think it is a given that we are not a blow out team. For me, that leads to many anxiety filled moments of viewing a game. We did win 12 regardless of how we did it. I don't care nor do I expect a high scoring game from the Steelers during the playoffs. If they get past the Ravens all bets are off. Doing that will be extremely hard. Not ready to completely right them off. Gettin in the playoffs is good enough because the final run for the trophy is a crap shoot (re: our field goal kicker, Kemo, Wallace etc.). As a fan, the most I can ever do is support/not support and rant and rave freely. Which for my money is what I do.

mike

Scorp
01-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Seems this season had some similarities to 09 and some others where we should have won games we ended up losing and injuries caught up to some players at the wrong time of the season. Steelers are just going to have to play hard and very smart. Let their experience take the wheel and run over their opponents.

SteelCityVoice
01-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Fradulent 12-4?

What about the Patriots? 13-3 because they played the crappy AFC West, AFC East, and NFC East.

They played 3 games against "playoff teams" and lost two of them. Denver (8-8) they beat, they lost to 9-7 NY Giants and the Steelers.

Other than that they beat up on some really bad competition and even lost to the 6-10 Bills.

At least the Steelers losses came to playoff teams (Baltimore twice, Houston, and SF) and they were mostly competitive in them.

I don't think the Steelers record is fraudulent at all.

StillersSound
01-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Steelers... Screw it, Pittsburgh teams never get blow out wins. It is what it is, I swear there is something behind this but I don't want to get into it. I wouldn't say it's fraudulent though when they play in the best division in football.

I'm not confident in the team but the road they will have to take. Broncos. Then Ravens, underdogs on the road Steelers always play better. Then add in the fact they beat us twice in one year, it's hard to do that let alone three times in one year. Pats, they already beat them once so maybe they can duplicate.

mikebb
01-02-2012, 12:47 PM
yes pats are also a fraud record-wise- BUT- with their fraudulent 13 - 3 they have secured home field throughout, and even with that TERRIBLE defense- they are now likely to get to the championship game, and theyll have a decent chance to win that. ugh.

id be very surprised if my playoff picks dont pan out. the least confident choice i made is cin beating texans.

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 12:56 PM
yes pats are also a fraud record-wise- BUT- with their fraudulent 13 - 3 they have secured home field throughout, and even with that TERRIBLE defense- they are now likely to get to the championship game, and theyll have a decent chance to win that. ugh.

id be very surprised if my playoff picks dont pan out. the least confident choice i made is cin beating texans.

Patriots will not make it to the superbowl. Mark it down. I've always said and will always say that such one sided teams simply can not go far into the post season. You have to have some thread of a defense to compete week in and week out with playoff teams and the Patriots defense is simply awful. What happens when a team shuts out their offense? Think their defense is gonna win the game for them? Nope. Same reason why I think Packers won't make it to the superbowl again. Someone that the Packers play in the postseason is going to shut down Aaron Rodgers and then they're pretty much sitting ducks. These Pats vs. Packers or Pats vs. Saints superbowl predictions are annoyingly predictable.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 01:01 PM
The AFC is wide open this year.......My biggest concern for the Steelers is the health or lack there of right now of the team......

elephantman
01-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Patriots will not make it to the superbowl. Mark it down. I've always said and will always say that such one sided teams simply can not go far into the post season. You have to have some thread of a defense to compete week in and week out with playoff teams and the Patriots defense is simply awful. What happens when a team shuts out their offense? Think their defense is gonna win the game for them? Nope. Same reason why I think Packers won't make it to the superbowl again. Someone that the Packers play in the postseason is going to shut down Aaron Rodgers and then they're pretty much sitting ducks. These Pats vs. Packers or Pats vs. Saints superbowl predictions are annoyingly predictable.

The pats have to win 2 home games...one likely against the bengels.(i know they lost last 2 yrs at home, but) ..now if houston wins, that means the pats have to play the steelers and Ravens.....then I see it possible for Pats NOT to make super bowl...otherwise, they are the most consistent team on O and can score against anyone...especially at home....we barely beat them yet dominated them on paper at Pittsburgh, my money is on the Pats unfortunately and I hope we play them in 2 weeks and not the bengels

this is not our year and I agree this is NOT 2005 at all!!!!

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 01:11 PM
The pats have to win 2 home games...one likely against the bengels.(i know they lost last 2 yrs at home, but) ..now if houston wins, that means the pats have to play the steelers and Ravens.....then I see it possible for Pats NOT to make super bowl...otherwise, they are the most consistent team on O and can score against anyone...especially at home....we barely beat them yet dominated them on paper at Pittsburgh, my money is on the Pats unfortunately and I hope we play them in 2 weeks and not the bengels

this is not our year and I agree this is NOT 2005 at all!!!!

Barely beat them? :scratch: We held Tom Brady to 200 yards and absolutely shut down their best receiver. That's pretty damn impressive anyway that you spin it. You can't just look at the score and say, "we barely won." We absolutely torched them.

I'll say again, being consistent on O and not having a defense is pretty useless. That means their offense is pretty much going to have to score every drive once they start playing good teams, and against a team with a good defense that shut them down the way the Steelers did week 8? Not gonna happen.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Barely beat them? :scratch: We held Tom Brady to 200 yards and absolutely shut down their best receiver. That's pretty damn impressive anyway that you spin it. You can't just look at the score and say, "we barely won." We absolutely torched them.

I'll say again, being consistent on O and not having a defense is pretty useless. That means their offense is pretty much going to have to score every drive once they start playing good teams, and against a team with a good defense that shut them down the way the Steelers did week 8? Not gonna happen.

The Steelers historically have not played well in New England........Our secondary is banged up right now.....Curtis Brown on IR, Cortez Allen was hurt against the Browns and I think even Keenan Lewis was hurt......Allen matched up well against Gronk and Hernandez against the Pats...If he can't play against the Pats it would be a huge loss......

Steelersfan
01-02-2012, 01:20 PM

Sorry but the steelers D did nothing to stop the Pats. The offense controlled the clock and kept Brady and Co on the sideline for most of the game. That is how you beat them.
Thing with the Pats D is they have been giving up a lot of points early and then shut teams down.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

elephantman
01-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Sorry but the steelers D did nothing to stop the Pats. The offense controlled the clock and kept Brady and Co on the sideline for most of the game. That is how you beat them.
Thing with the Pats D is they have been giving up a lot of points early and then shut teams down.

couldnt agree more.....we had 5 drives of 10+ plays...although mostly FG's...thats how u stop brady, brees, rodgers, etc....their is no other way to stop these guys, especially with the new rules....

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 01:24 PM
The Steelers historically have not played well in New England........Our secondary is banged up right now.....Curtis Brown on IR, Cortez Allen was hurt against the Browns and I think even Keenan Lewis was hurt......Allen matched up well against Gronk and Hernandez against the Pats...If he can't play against the Pats it would be a huge loss......

The Ravens historically have not played well in Pittsburgh. The Steelers historically haven't played NE well in Pittsburgh.

This season has convinced me that the past means nothing.

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 01:27 PM

And when Brady was on the field he didn't get much accomplished, did he?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 01:29 PM
The Ravens historically have not played well in Pittsburgh. The Steelers historically haven't played NE well in Pittsburgh.

This season has convinced me that the past means nothing.

Answer to me who are 5 corners are going to be....Just listed Brown on IR, Allen and Lewis hurt against the Brown....Those are big concerns going up against Tom Brady and the Pats passing offense.....You want Willie Gay or McFadden matched up on Gronk or Hernandez? We can survive having corners hurt against Tebow but I hope Allen and Lewis can play against the Pats.......

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Answer to me who are 5 corners are going to be....Just listed Brown on IR, Allen and Lewis hurt against the Brown....Those are big concerns going up against Tom Brady and the Pats passing offense.....You want Willie Gay or McFadden matched up on Gronk or Hernandez? We can survive having corners hurt against Tebow but I hope Allen and Lewis can play against the Pats.......

Well let's take it one step at a time haha. We're not playing the Pats next week or anything. And we may never play them. If we do play them in 2 weeks or 3 weeks or whatever, then we can discuss who the corners are and who's healthy.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Well let's take it one step at a time haha. We're not playing the Pats next week or anything. And we may never play them. If we do play them in 2 weeks or 3 weeks or whatever, then we can discuss who the corners are and who's healthy.

If we win and Houston wins this week....The Steelers play will have to go to New England.....Good chance of both happening.....I know the Texans are banged up at the QB spot but the Bengals have looked like crap to close the season....I see the Texans defense shutting down the Bengals offense....

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 01:44 PM
If we win and Houston wins this week....The Steelers play will have to go to New England.....Good chance of both happening.....I know the Texans are banged up at the QB spot but the Bengals have looked like crap to close the season....I see the Texans defense shutting down the Bengals offense....

Well then we can revisit this topic next week :grin1: :lol:

SteelerJay
01-02-2012, 01:49 PM
I think it is a given that we are not a blow out team. For me, that leads to many anxiety filled moments of viewing a game. We did win 12 regardless of how we did it. I don't care nor do I expect a high scoring game from the Steelers during the playoffs. If they get past the Ravens all bets are off. Doing that will be extremely hard. Not ready to completely right them off. Gettin in the playoffs is good enough because the final run for the trophy is a crap shoot (re: our field goal kicker, Kemo, Wallace etc.). As a fan, the most I can ever do is support/not support and rant and rave freely. Which for my money is what I do.

mike

anxiety filled moments? more like lose of a few years to my life span, and 10 or more gray hair then I should have for my age due to some of the games

Clevelandsux
01-02-2012, 02:17 PM
really who has been dominating this year, other than gb. and even there defense is suspect,the saints lost to the rams? Ravens lost to some bad teams this year. Pats dee is suspect. 49ers have a good dee, but i wouldn't exactly call there offense great. Texans have qb issues. They won't get far if they have to start delomme. So this year it would not surprise me to see a 5th or 6th seed sneak up on someone.

Agreed on the Steelers. But every year we've gone to the SB, I was not expecting it.

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 02:24 PM
really who has been dominating this year, other than gb. and even there defense is suspect,the saints lost to the rams? Ravens lost to some bad teams this year. Pats dee is suspect. 49ers have a good dee, but i wouldn't exactly call there offense great. Texans have qb issues. They won't get far if they have to start delomme. So this year it would not surprise me to see a 5th or 6th seed sneak up on someone.

Agreed on the Steelers. But every year we've gone to the SB, I was not expecting it.

Pats and Packers have suspect defenses? They're number 31 and 32 in the league in total defense. That's not suspect that's just bad.

Steelersfan
01-02-2012, 06:05 PM
And when Brady was on the field he didn't get much accomplished, did he?

He didn't? Might want to look at the game again. They scored enough that they had a chance to win at the end despite the lopsided TOP by the steelers.

DIESELMAN
01-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't call our 12-4 record suspect. All of our losses come against teams in the playoffs, yes we played like crap against bad teams, but the outcome was still a win. Good teams overcome penalties, injuries and even themselves. Yeah, we're hurt and banged up but guts, and experience can make up for some of our shortcomings. In the playoffs, everyone starts off 0-0, the better teams in the playoffs shake off what went wrong during the regular season. The Steelers will be the better team in the playoffs, mark it down!!

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 06:36 PM
He didn't? Might want to look at the game again. They scored enough that they had a chance to win at the end despite the lopsided TOP by the steelers.

I don't need to look at the game again. I was there. However I will give you the scoring summary for the Patriots.

17 points.

One TD "drive" they started at the Steelers 8 yard line, that was in the second quarter, compliments of an interception from B. Roethlisberger.

Gostowski hit a 46 yard field goal later in the second.

Their other TD drive was a garbage one late in the 4th quarter.

(And the Steelers defense forced a safety too, by the way.)

So let's review, allowing Tom Brady to basically only get down the field to score 2 times? 10 points? Holding Wes Welker to only 39 total yards? Yeah..I'm not quite sure how you can say that the defense didn't dominate on that one.

So explain to me exactly what Tom Brady accomplished in this game? ONE touchdown drive (I won't count the one where they started a whole 8 yards from the endzone), and that drive came after we went into our oh so effective prevent defense.

If you're going to blame anyone for the score being close, blame the offense. You have to put up more than 23 points against the worst defense in the league. Got in the endzone 2 of 5 times that they were in the redzone.

Steelersfan
01-02-2012, 07:26 PM
The Pats had the ball for all of 20 minutes that game and still scored 17 points and missed a FG. That is not dominate defense. That's a D that benefited greatly from the offense keeping the Pats O off the field and limiting their chances. NE got in the RZ twice and scored TD's on both. I'm not saying the D played a bad game, they actually played a good game. Just far from dominating.

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 07:32 PM
The Pats had the ball for all of 20 minutes that game and still scored 17 points and missed a FG. That is not dominate defense. That's a D that benefited greatly from the offense keeping the Pats O off the field and limiting their chances. NE got in the RZ twice and scored TD's on both. I'm not saying the D played a bad game, they actually played a good game. Just far from dominating.

Well, first off NE didn't really get in the redzone twice. They got in the redzone once, and once they were placed in the redzone.

You can't say that because the offense had a good game, the defense did not have a dominate game. The TOP was lopsided, but when NE had the ball they could not do anything except for one short touchdown drive late in the 4th quarter. Really our defenses best game of the season to me.

I'm still not understanding how you think they didn't dominate, and I don't think I ever will to be honest. They really only allowed 10 points in the entire game against one of the best offenses in the league, and they scored 2 points themselves.

Steelers guy
01-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Honestly this year I don't have the same feeling about this team that I had last year. I am still rooting all out for the Pittsburgh Steelers I think Karma will bite the arrogant rat birds in the ***.

LevonKirkland99
01-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Honestly I am concerned about next week game against the Broncos. The running game is crippled now with Mendy out. I can't see us beating the Ravens in Baltimore...

Maybe if we lose then we can fire Bruce Arians.

mikebb
01-02-2012, 08:15 PM
steelersbabe- the pats only have to win 2 games- at home. do you really think sumone like the bengals or texans (injury-ridden) are gonna come in & beat them? no. if the ravens or steelers show up in foxboro- MAYBE they win, but lets face it- the steelers/ravens will yield MIN 27 points, probably more like 31. the steelers with a healthy ben agaisnt that defense- the steelers could do it, but hes not healthy. ravens- probably not- unless rice gets 2 long td runs. so good chance pats make it to sb- even with that ****** defense. sickens me to think that, but its true. in nfc- packers or saints will prevail- UNLESS sumhow the giants go on a miracle 2007 run again- very unikely. sb- pack or saints will beat the pats- thats still easily the most likely scenario. very hard to see the 2011 steelers getting to sb with the fake 12 - 4 season theyve had.

Steelers guy
01-02-2012, 08:18 PM
In the end BA needs to go hes in the words of Charles Barkley turrible. His playcalling is awful and just seems uninspired.

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 08:19 PM
The Patriots are so unbelievably beatable I find it almost insane that so many people think that they'll make it to the superbowl. I take the Ravens going to the superbowl before the Patriots anyday.

Steelers guy
01-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Pats can be beaten if Brady is off the filed most of the game, and with BA's playcalling I highly doubt we can do it again.

mikebb
01-02-2012, 08:35 PM
we arent beating the pats or ravens, and the reasons why are: coaching, injuries, poor clock mgmt, inability to create turnovers, and wallaces failing to become a complete receiver. if against pats- gronk/hernandez will catch the game winner. if against ravens- rice will run for game winner.

i agree by the way- arians needs to go unless hes able to put some creative plays into the offense. i dont like a slew of trick plays, but you HAVE to have some in the bag of tricks.

steelers have shot IF- ben has mobility, wallace (incomplete receiver) and miller (drops, fumbles, penalties) play better than they have so far this season, AND- woodley plays effectively on d, as well as healthy cornerbacks. the math is- thats just too many things to ask for, so no sb this year.

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 08:41 PM
If he did it once why do you doubt that he can do it again? You really don't have to do much against the Patriots defense to be successful. BA could use and probably would use the same exact game plan and would end with the exact same result.

Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships. That Patriots don't have even a shred of a defense.

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 08:44 PM
steelers have shot IF- ben has mobility, wallace (incomplete receiver) and miller (drops, fumbles, penalties)

Miller has 5 fumbles in his entire career. 1 this season. I can't even remember the last time he got a penalty, or dropped the ball. Don't try to make things sounds worse than they are.

jnes1216
01-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I didn't think the Seahawks would beat the saints last year, so any team can win one week to the next. Our redzone playcalling and execution needs work, but I believe we can beat any team. Lets start it off in denver and go from there.

Nolrog
01-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Pats can be beaten if Brady is off the filed most of the game, and with BA's playcalling I highly doubt we can do it again.

Pats have the 2nd worst defense in football. A decent offense should be able to keep them on the field. Problem is that they also have the 2nd best offense, so keeping them off the score board is a challange.

Pitt had the best D in the league this year and 12th best offense, which are both pretty remarkable considering how many injuries we suffered this year to key players on both sides of the ball (especially D though.)

Worst defense in football is the Packers. Gonna be a blast when NO plays them.

We are what our record says we are. 12-4 indeed means 12-4.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Everybody in the AFC is beatable this year...no dominating teams in the AFC this year....The Steelers are a very banged up football right now......That is my biggest concern about the Steelers that they're just not healthy enough to advance far this postseason......

steelersbabex25
01-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Everybody in the AFC is beatable this year...no dominating teams in the AFC this year....The Steelers are a very banged up football right now......That is my biggest concern about the Steelers that they're just not healthy enough to advance far this postseason......

Exactly..which is why it's mind boggling to me that so many people are a million percent sure that the Patriots will make it to the superbowl because they're the greatest football team on planet earth.

Farrior Fan
01-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Is this some kind of joke? Steelers playing a fake schedule? Dude we play in the toughest division in the NFL BAR NONE. What other division has 3 teams going to the playoffs?

And I'm not sure if you watched the Pats game this year but we absolutely whipped them. Yes they had a chance at the end but everyone knew they would come up short because the have ZERO D. We didn't control the clock because of anything other than we owned them. And the 2nd ravens game we flat out owned them in the 2nd half...until the end:(

UKSTEELER
01-03-2012, 05:32 AM
Once again we have ridden the coattails of the defense into the playoffs!

The offense is constantly stalled by Arians and his puppet Ben. Surprise, surprise the last couple of weeks we have proved that we are quite capable of running the ball successfully when we put our mind to it! However the dimwitted playcalling in the RZ is killing us! And we still love to let the opposition know what we're going to do, empty backfield on first down I mean come on, ridiculous!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again here now-we will nit win another SB with Arians on the staff!

We've done better than I thought we'd do this season record wise, a weak schedule, wildly inconsistant teams and the Defense have seen to that, we have the weapons, but a fool in charge and a gunslinger who is seemingly quite content with the. Arrangement!!

IF we get past the Donkoes, I don't see us progressing any further

mikebb
01-03-2012, 09:52 AM
steelersbabe and a couple others- ur not seeing things clearly bc ur steelers biased. i love the steelers- have been a loyal, serious fan for over 30 yrs- but im also objective enuff to know the real deal. the steelers arent advancing beyond the broncos this year. the pats or ravens are goin to the sb- most likely the pats. ugh.

i stand by my comments on miller- hes had a bad year (for him). there have been drops, penalties, and a fumble or two. and theres simply no question that wallace has NOT developed into a complete receiver- which cost them last sb, and may cost them this year as well.

here would be my approach for denver: rest ben. if ya cant beat the broncos and that joke of a qb with ur second string qb- then no need to play further. the best chance the steelers have against pats/ravens is to rest ben for this fake playoff game on sunday. for those who say you are what your record is- bullshit! record is just another stat- and often doesnt tell the REAL story. the steelers- like a few other teams- are a bad 12 - 4 or similar inflated record. pats at 13 - 3 are a total joke.

K Train
01-03-2012, 09:54 AM
lol never good enough...just a ridicuous thread

mikebb
01-03-2012, 10:00 AM
gimme a break k train; youd prob be better off at the BTSC steelers-can-do-no-wrong site

K Train
01-03-2012, 10:20 AM
gimme a break k train; youd prob be better off at the BTSC steelers-can-do-no-wrong site

lmao if you read any of my posts youd think i would think the steelers could never do anything right. go put your head down

steelersbabex25
01-03-2012, 10:27 AM
steelersbabe and a couple others- ur not seeing things clearly bc ur steelers biased. i love the steelers- have been a loyal, serious fan for over 30 yrs- but im also objective enuff to know the real deal. the steelers arent advancing beyond the broncos this year. the pats or ravens are goin to the sb- most likely the pats. ugh.

i stand by my comments on miller- hes had a bad year (for him). there have been drops, penalties, and a fumble or two. and theres simply no question that wallace has NOT developed into a complete receiver- which cost them last sb, and may cost them this year as well.

:lol:, you just joined here a month ago, and we're happy to have you don't get me wrong, but don't come here and make assumptions about me and other people that have been here for years after reading our comments in one thread.

Yeah, one fumble means an awful year for Miller. He usually has 0. How dare he..

CowherPower
01-03-2012, 10:33 AM
The Patriots defense will be their downfall in the post season. You can't always score enough points to beat the other person without having some type of defensive stop now and then.

I like Heath Miller, he has had more drops and inconsistent play than in years past, I have no doubt of that. Still he's also made a lot of clutch plays too.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm not going to say that I have complete confidence in the Steelers to make it all the way to Indy for the Super Bowl but I will say they've got as good a chance as any in the AFC right now.

Nobody in this conference is a complete team at this point. Everybody has an issue somewhere that has cost them this year. For the Patriots it's their defense, for the Ravens it's Flacco and the passing game, and the Steelers it's been injuries that have killed them all around.

You can only play who's on your schedule and let's face it the AFC North does have 3 playoff teams right now.

MDSteel15
01-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Tell me again, WHY are you on this board if this team is so bad? :evilshake:

steelersbabex25
01-03-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm not going to say that I have complete confidence in the Steelers to make it all the way to Indy for the Super Bowl but I will say they've got as good a chance as any in the AFC right now.

Nobody in this conference is a complete team at this point. Everybody has an issue somewhere that has cost them this year. For the Patriots it's their defense, for the Ravens it's Flacco and the passing game, and the Steelers it's been injuries that have killed them all around.

You can only play who's on your schedule and let's face it the AFC North does have 3 playoff teams right now.

Let's not forget the Ravens incredibly overrated defense.

I'm also not saying that the Steelers will win the superbowl or even make it to the superbowl for that matter. But like BRC said, I can't say for sure that any other team in the AFC will make it there either.

Steelersfan
01-03-2012, 05:22 PM
The Patriots are so unbelievably beatable I find it almost insane that so many people think that they'll make it to the superbowl. I take the Ravens going to the superbowl before the Patriots anyday.

So much so that they are 13-3 and get the #1 seed in the AFC. 2 out of 3 losses to playoff teams. And who did the Ravens lose to?

If he did it once why do you doubt that he can do it again? You really don't have to do much against the Patriots defense to be successful. BA could use and probably would use the same exact game plan and would end with the exact same result.

Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships. That Patriots don't have even a shred of a defense.

You obviously have more faith in BA then most Steeler fans. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Pats with a passion. But I also give them credit where it is deserved. To think BA can actually come up with another game plan like before and execute it is a dream. Where has it been since then?

Another thing to mention, the Pats have been blown out in the 1st period the last two weeks and then went on to destroy the other team. 21-0 to the Bills and then win 49-21. That is good coaching and adjustments.

--- Added 1/3/2012 at 04:22 PM ---

Let's not forget the Ravens incredibly overrated defense.

I'm also not saying that the Steelers will win the superbowl or even make it to the superbowl for that matter. But like BRC said, I can't say for sure that any other team in the AFC will make it there either.

Oops, forgot to quote this one. The Ravens D is good. You really need to learn to give other teams some credit. I hate the Ravens and the Pats about as much as any teams. But I can give them credit when they are good. They have both earned the spots they are in and the Steelers have no one to blame but themselves.

Now I'm not saying the Steelers can't beat either team or that we suck. We have a good team that can beat anyone at any giving time.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Nuther troll takes over.

steelersbabex25
01-03-2012, 05:46 PM
You obviously have more faith in BA then most Steeler fans. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Pats with a passion. But I also give them credit where it is deserved. To think BA can actually come up with another game plan like before and execute it is a dream. Where has it been since then?

--- Added 1/3/2012 at 04:22 PM ---

Oops, forgot to quote this one. The Ravens D is good. You really need to learn to give other teams some credit. I hate the Ravens and the Pats about as much as any teams. But I can give them credit when they are good. They have both earned the spots they are in and the Steelers have no one to blame but themselves.

Now I'm not saying the Steelers can't beat either team or that we suck. We have a good team that can beat anyone at any giving time.

Which is why I said that we could probably use the same gameplan and come away with the same result. You say I'm not giving enough credit? I say you're giving too much credit. The Patriots as a whole are not a great team. Half of their team is great. Half of their team is among the worst in the league.

I never said the Ravens D isn't good. Obviously they're good. I said they're overrated. Their front 7 is good..as it always has been. Their secondary can be beat so easily that it's almost sickening that teams don't take advantage of that every week.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-03-2012, 06:03 PM

Really did I just read this?......:lol: Ktrain is one of the most non-homers around and knows his ****.......Even when I disagree with I still respect his insight.....

Goodfrom55
01-03-2012, 06:16 PM
All in all, there weren't a heck of a lot of blowout wins this year by anyone, and looking at the browns, dolphins of the NFL, each team was in just about every game until the end. Steelers were 12-4 and at times looked like a 4-12 team. But as Tomlin always says and I agree, better to win ugly than to lose pretty (if there is such a thing).

Everyone is injured, particularly the Steelers O-line so they did what they had to do to get to this point. Wasn't pretty, but they got the job done.

CowherPower
01-04-2012, 08:47 AM
12-4 is 12-4 guys, there are a ton of teams that would kill to be 12-4 regardless of how good or not good some of us think this team can be.

Let's enjoy this playoff game and see how far it takes us.