PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers Have No One To Blame But Themselves

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2012, 11:29 PM
From Dom's (SteelCityVoice) blog at The Voice Says... (http://thevoicesays.blogspot.com/)

We know now the playoff situation in the AFC. Pittsburgh had a chance to sneak into the #1 seed if New England and Baltimore lost this Sunday.

New England fell behind 21-0 to the Bills, who then absolutely imploded and let the Patriots rattle off 49 unanswered points. Let me repeat that because it just SOUNDS ludicrous. The Patriots scored 49 UNANSWERED points against the Bills.

Cincinnati had the ball at the Ravens 33 yard line with a chance to tie the game but could not come through. Because of Denver, Oakland, and the New York Jets losing, the Bengals still made it into the playoffs.

It would have been nice for Pittsburgh to at least get into the number two slot but they have no one to blame but themselves.

Look back at the second matchup with the Ravens. The Steelers pinned the Ravens at the eight yard line with just around two minutes to go the length of the field for the winning touchdown. A field goal would not do, it had to be a touchdown.

Surely the choke artist named Joe Flacco would implode and the Steeler defense would win the day but alas that wasn't the case.

Flacco found Torrey Smith in the end zone with eight seconds to go and the Ravens had the season sweep. If the Steeler defense held, the Steelers would be AFC North champions and have the number one seed via their tiebreaking head to head victory over the Patriots.

It's a lot easier to win as the one or two seed as opposed to the five, but the Steelers made their bed and have to sleep in it.

Fortunately, the wild card matchup with the Denver Broncos looks to be a favorable one for the Steelers. I am not on the Tim Tebow bandwagon, and in fact his play during the last three games is proving a lot of his "haters" right.

It's going to be a tough road for the Steelers, who are only 5-3 on the road this year. They've done it before, but that doesn't make it any easier.

DIESELMAN
01-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Bottom line is, the Steelers are in the playoffs. There is only 1 team in the playoffs that has been dominant all season and they are in the NFC. Even though we are the #5 seed, I like our chances against any one of the other teams in the AFC bracket. Despite their records, all of them have been up and down all season. Bring em on!!!

SteelCityVoice
01-02-2012, 01:08 AM
I agree. The Patriots are NOT the top team in the AFC in my opinion. That honor belongs to the Ravens or Steelers. I think the Pats benefitted from beating up on a weak AFC East, as well as facing the creampuffs in the AFC West this year, and a less than stellar NFC West.

The only three teams they faced that made the playoffs were the New York Giants (lost), the Pittsburgh Steelers (lost) and the Denver Broncos (won).

Looking like a one and done kind of season for the Patriots. Just like every other year for them since Spygate broke.

Things shape up well for a Steelers/Ravens AFC Championship game.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2012, 01:47 AM
Two plays when you think about it prevented the Steelers from winning the division.....Fosters TD run in Houston and Smiths TD catch at Heinz Field.........Funny thing is I still don't think the Steelers have peaked all year but the health of the team might prevent them from doing so in the play-offs.......

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2012, 02:32 PM
I don't think they've peaked either Dan, and I was hoping they could get healthy and then do so in the playoffs but that went down the drain with all the injuries in the Browns game.

If they were healthy you have to wonder how lethal they could be.

MattyVfromCT
01-02-2012, 04:42 PM
I agree. The Patriots are NOT the top team in the AFC in my opinion. That honor belongs to the Ravens or Steelers. I think the Pats benefitted from beating up on a weak AFC East, as well as facing the creampuffs in the AFC West this year, and a less than stellar NFC West.

The only three teams they faced that made the playoffs were the New York Giants (lost), the Pittsburgh Steelers (lost) and the Denver Broncos (won).

Looking like a one and done kind of season for the Patriots. Just like every other year for them since Spygate broke.

Things shape up well for a Steelers/Ravens AFC Championship game.

Cosigned on new england. They only played one team with double digit wins this year and that's us. They are by far the most overrated #1 seed of all time. How hard is it to go 13-3 when you play in the weak afc east, play nfc east and afc west and face only 1 team wigh double digit wins? Not to mention that other than ben and to a lesser extent eli and rivers, every other qb they played is mediocre at best or a straight bum. Grossman, orlovsky, campbell, henne, moore, sanchez, romo, fitzpatrick, etc? And still finishing with the worst pass d in the league? Yeah, that's a true 13-3, #1 seed right there..........

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

SteelCityVoice
01-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Well they do have a strong offense, so I won't be quick to completely write them off, but yeah. I don't think the Pats are the Super Bowl contender so many make them out to be.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2012, 10:32 AM
A Belichick coached team is always a problem in the playoffs. Somehow even if they have problems he figures out how to mask them in the playoffs and exploit your issues enough to get a lead that you can't come back from.

This year though that defense is so bad against the pass especially that it may be even too much for BB to overcome.